Pearl Jam: 'Home & Away' Exhibit at MoPOP

Comments

• cropdustdaircropdustdair Lakewood, CO / Earth Posts: 2,006
    edited August 2018

demetrios said:

Are those the rooftop exhaust looking things from the stage setup in 1995? Saweeeet!
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614

demetrios said:

Are those the rooftop exhaust looking things from the stage setup in 1995? Saweeeet!
    Oh yeah! 
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • ST66483ST66483 Posts: 670
    This was a fantastic exhibit - well done to all involved.  Really like some of the original art for some of the posters over the years.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,516
    I really loved it. So glad I got to do it while being here. Great job. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • How long of a duration of time would you recommend to carve out enough time for this exhibit?
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,756
    It's great! Depending on how much you want to browse, you can go through it quickly... but lots of good stuff to keep you around (even if you saw the museum at PJ20). Large space, smaller crowd makes it easy to move around. Nirvana exhibit was nice to, but nowhere near this level of love.

This was a nice surprise - archive of all show setlists and ticket stubs.

bnduplant said:
    How long of a duration of time would you recommend to carve out enough time for this exhibit?
    I'd recommend 30-45 minutes, but it could take a little longer depending on your own pace. There are over 500 artifacts total, so it depends on how much you want to analyze everything. 
    ST66483 said:
    This was a fantastic exhibit - well done to all involved.  Really like some of the original art for some of the posters over the years.
    So glad you enjoyed! Our exhibitions team and the curator really did a great job. 
    ComeToTX said:
    I really loved it. So glad I got to do it while being here. Great job. 
    Thanks! I will pass this along to the curator and the exhibitions team. Glad you had a chance to check it out and enjoyed it so much.  =)
  • edited August 2018
    Did anyone grab any bottles of wine? Photos of the exhibit for those of us not so lucky 
  • BrandiMBrandiM Winnipeg, Canada Posts: 21
    This was absolutely amazing! We spent an hour checking out all of the details.
    I’ll ride the wave where it takes me

08.08.2009 Calgary, AB
    BrandiM said:
    This was absolutely amazing! We spent an hour checking out all of the details.
    So glad that you enjoyed it! That's wonderful to hear and I'll share it with everyone involved.  =)
    I have a few questions:

Is there any description of the Andy Wood statue? There are so many little things in it and I would love to know the artist’s vision.

Also, what will happen to the message boards?

08.08.2009 Calgary, AB
    BrandiM said:
    I have a few questions:

Is there any description of the Andy Wood statue? There are so many little things in it and I would love to know the artist’s vision.

I'll have to check with the curator about that because I'm not exactly sure. As for the statue, I know it was commissioned by Jeff but I'm not sure as far as the artist's vision. I'm off for a few days, but I'll see what I can find out for you. 
  • BrandiM said:
    I have a few questions:

This rolling stone article gives a little insight: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/inside-pearl-jam-seattle-exhibit-jeff-ament-708104/
    BrandiM said:
    I have a few questions:

This rolling stone article gives a little insight: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/inside-pearl-jam-seattle-exhibit-jeff-ament-708104/
    Thank you! 

08.08.2009 Calgary, AB
  • Sparky79Sparky79 Posts: 18

BrandiM said:
    I have a few questions:

I know you already got the answer to the first question from the Rolling Stone article that was posted, but I asked the curator about the message boards. When the time comes for the exhibition to end, he is going to offer them to the band to see if they want them for the archive. If for some reason they decide not to take them, we'll keep them for storage. Let me know if I can help with anything else!
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Just FYI to everyone, a VERY COOL little birdie who I met on Cloud Nine told me that currently there's no end date to the exhibit, although that means there's no way to know how long it will be up.  For now, hopefully until the end of the year.  So the more we all go and rave about it publicly, the better!  Maybe it'll stay up longer?

• RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,062
    I was in Seattle for the Friday show and was able to make the public opening day of the exhibit on Saturday.  I generally find museums quite boring but this exhibit is truly exceptional and I'm so glad I was able to see it.  My favorite thing was a device that allows you to click on a show you've been to and then see an image of the handwritten set list for that show.  There is also a promotional poster from a RHCP/PJ/Nirvana show in the early 90s.  What a show that must have been! Anyway the collection as a whole is outstanding and I highly recommend this exhibit it to any PJ fan or even anyone who has ever heard of PJ.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • bbisonbbison Posts: 213
    ZeldaZonk said:
    bnduplant said:
    How long of a duration of time would you recommend to carve out enough time for this exhibit?
    I'd recommend 30-45 minutes, but it could take a little longer depending on your own pace. There are over 500 artifacts total, so it depends on how much you want to analyze everything. 
    We spent 90 minutes easily, there's video and a slide show to watch. Well worth a visit!
    Is this where the show list goes?

11-26-91 / 8-2-92 / 3-15-94 / 7-9-95 / 7-11-95 / 8-29-98 / 9-1-00 / 10-25-03 
    10-23-04 / 10-22-06 / 10-9-09 / 10-23-10 / 10-3-12 / 7-9-13 / 10-21-13
    11-24-13 / 11-26-13 / 10-17-14 / 10-20-14 / 10-25-14 / 4-8-16 / 4-9-16
     4-28-16 / 4-29-16 / 8-20-16 / 8-22-16 / 8-10-18 / 8-18-18 / 8-20-18
  • socalstylesocalstyle Columbus, OH Posts: 40
    BrandiM said:
    I have a few questions:

Great article. And so sad...
    03 - Irvine
    10 - Columbus
    13 - Pittsburgh
    16 - Lexington, Chicago 2
    18 - Seattle 2, Missoula, Boston 1
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Incredible collection wonderfully displayed. I felt like a kid at Christmas...

See the source image

For that, I am grateful.
    bbison said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    bnduplant said:
    We spent 90 minutes easily, there's video and a slide show to watch. Well worth a visit!
    So glad to hear you had a great time! The exhibitions team did a fantastic job on it. 
  • leonardo1604leonardo1604 Posts: 159
    edited August 2018
    Great exhibit! We traveled from Brazil to one of the Seattle shows and attended the exhibit on Friday. It was amazing. The MoPop staff was great as well. We loved Seattle and hope to come back soon  :)
    kst said:
    I was in Seattle for the Friday show and was able to make the public opening day of the exhibit on Saturday.  I generally find museums quite boring but this exhibit is truly exceptional and I'm so glad I was able to see it.  My favorite thing was a device that allows you to click on a show you've been to and then see an image of the handwritten set list for that show.  There is also a promotional poster from a RHCP/PJ/Nirvana show in the early 90s.  What a show that must have been! Anyway the collection as a whole is outstanding and I highly recommend this exhibit it to any PJ fan or even anyone who has ever heard of PJ.
    My friend was at that show. Said the energy was nuts. 

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,732
    I took a ton of pictures and you can see them here
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/274265/seattle-mopop-pearl-jam-experience-w-pics/p1

Maybe the OP can link my page with this one so everyone has a chance to see this great exhibit.
  • I heard at Thurs night party they played the night 1 show - anyone know if that video is available anywhere?