Pearl Jam: 'Home & Away' Exhibit at MoPOP

Comments

• PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    I'm starting to get VERY tempted to head out to these shows.
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,905
    edited May 2018
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Zod said:
    I also hope they extend the viewing to include the 9th.  We were going to go there anyways because we wanted to see the Marvel exhibit, so it would be icing on the cake.

I'm ok not seeing the first show on TV the day after having seen it in person.  We have seahawks tickets for the night of the 9th, and that's not something I get to do very often :)
    As far as I know we are only having one screening of the video on the 9th, so I don't think it's going to be extended. I could be wrong, though! There is a lot of content played in Sky Church during a typical day, so there might be footage shown sporadically but this is probably the only chance to see the concert screened in its entirety. As for Marvel, you are definitely going to enjoy it! 
    I worded that poorly.  I was hoping to visit the PJ exhibit on the 9th as I was planning on going there anyways :)  I wasn't too worried about the video.
  • Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    ZeldaZonk said:
    demetrios said:
    I work for MoPop and I was told until the end of the year. And let me tell you that I have known about this since February and it has been absolutely killing me not to post about it, but we were told to let the band announce it. It's going to be amazing!
    Special guests to open the exhibit do you think??! 
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,054
    ZeldaZonk said:
    demetrios said:
    I work for MoPop and I was told until the end of the year. And let me tell you that I have known about this since February and it has been absolutely killing me not to post about it, but we were told to let the band announce it. It's going to be amazing!

D'oh! :( Don't think I can make the trip this year. Hope you can make them an offer they can't refuse to keep it there for another year or two. Would love to get a chance to see this. 
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,835
    edited May 2018
    So we can check out the museum on the 9th.

Is this strictly for ten club members or can our plus one/concert guest come inside too? 
    Post edited by evenflow82 on
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,756
    Looks like info to purchase preview tickets for 10c members (beyond the special event) will be announced later. Good chance you'll be able to buy multiple to bring along non-10c members.
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,250
    i entered the lottery. if i win i will have one extra ticket for any 10c member that might need one. seems like a cool thing to do evening of aug 9th. good luck to all !!
    I just want to be able to take my wife to the museum (not the concert screening) before opening day to the public.

Will ten club members be able to do that?  Thanks for any info.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

-Stephen Colbert
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,887
    I just want to be able to take my wife to the museum (not the concert screening) before opening day to the public.

Will ten club members be able to do that?  Thanks for any info.
    From the Ten Club news post: https://pearljam.com/ten-club/event/ten-club-screening-event-and-mopop-exhibit

ADDITIONAL BENEFIT: The special Pearl Jam: Home & Away exhibit will be open to Ten Club Members for exclusive previews on Wednesday, August 8th and on Friday, August 10th (paid entrance to the museum required) before the public opening day on August 11th. An official Ten Club announcement on how to purchase admission will be made soon.

What of you are a member but your other half isn't?
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

-Stephen Colbert
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,790
    It's going to be the same as tickets to a show. You need to be a club member to buy tickets but you don't need to be a club member to be a +1.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • MarieowMarieow San Francisco Posts: 73
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Zod said:
    I also hope they extend the viewing to include the 9th.  We were going to go there anyways because we wanted to see the Marvel exhibit, so it would be icing on the cake.

I'm ok not seeing the first show on TV the day after having seen it in person.  We have seahawks tickets for the night of the 9th, and that's not something I get to do very often :)
    As far as I know we are only having one screening of the video on the 9th, so I don't think it's going to be extended. I could be wrong, though! There is a lot of content played in Sky Church during a typical day, so there might be footage shown sporadically but this is probably the only chance to see the concert screened in its entirety. As for Marvel, you are definitely going to enjoy it! 
    How cool! I love the MoPOP. I'm also in the museum industry and I would love to work there. I can imagine how exciting it was to find out about this. I live in San Francisco, and I was soooo tempted to apply for an opening in the membership department there a while back, specifically for the possibility of a Pearl Jam exhibit like this. I think I'm going to try to enter the lottery to go. But if I don't win,  I have family in Tacoma I will be visiting this year. 
    San Jose, California (October 30, 1993), San Francisco, California (June 24, 1995), San Jose, California (November 04, 1995), Mountain View, California (October 30, 1999), Mountain View, California (October 31, 2000), Mountain View, California (October 20, 2001), Mountain View, California (October 21, 2001), Mountain View, California (June 01, 2003),San Diego, California (June 05, 2003), Mountain View, California (October 25, 2003), Mountain View, California (October 26, 2003), Kissimmee, Florida (October 08, 2004), San Francisco, California (July 15, 2006), San Francisco, California (July 16, 2006), San Francisco, California (July 18, 2006),  Mountain View, California (October 21, 2006), Mountain View, California (October 22, 2006), San Francisco, California (August 28, 2009), Mountain View, California (October 23, 2010), Mountain View, California (October 24, 2010), Vancouver, British Columbia (September 25, 2011), Oakland, CA (November 26, 2013), Mountain View, CA (October 25, 2014), Mountain View, CA (October 26, 2014), Chicago Night 1 (August 18, 2018), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Ohana Festival (September 25, 2021), Ohana Festival (September 26, 2021), Ohana Festival Encore Weekend (October 01, 2021), Ohana Festival Encore Weekend (October 02, 2021), Los Angeles (May 07, 2022), Oakland (May 12, 2022), Oakland (May 13, 2022), Fresno (May 16, 2022), St Paul (August 31, 2023), St Paul (September 02, 2023), Chicago (September 05, 2023), Chicago (September 07, 2023), Ft Worth (September 13, 2023), Ft Worth (September 15, 2023), Austin (September 19, 2023), Austin (September 18, 2023)
  • -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,685
    kasedoug said:

ADDITIONAL BENEFIT: The special Pearl Jam: Home & Away exhibit will be open to Ten Club Members for exclusive previews on Wednesday, August 8th and on Friday, August 10th (paid entrance to the museum required) before the public opening day on August 11th. An official Ten Club announcement on how to purchase admission will be made soon.

awesome!!!
    I don't want to watch the concert again honestly... but want to see the exhibit on Wednesday!

Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    Zod said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Zod said:

I worded that poorly.  I was hoping to visit the PJ exhibit on the 9th as I was planning on going there anyways :)  I wasn't too worried about the video.
    No worries. I wasn't sure, so I tried to answer the best I could. With most exhibitions we normally only have a special preview day for museum members the day before it opens, but this one is much different and there will be special admission tickets made availble for Ten Club members to purchase to see the exhibition on Wednesday and Friday in liew of the screening on Thursday. Stay tuned for more details!
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
    demetrios said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    demetrios said:

D'oh! :( Don't think I can make the trip this year. Hope you can make them an offer they can't refuse to keep it there for another year or two. Would love to get a chance to see this. 
    I would love for that to happen. You never can tell because when Nirvana originally opened in 2011, it was only supposed to be there for two years. It was extended and stayed for six years, leaving last March to take a travel to Brazil for a few months, and now it has reopened as of March 2018. From my understanding, Pearl Jam only wanted the exhibition to stay for a very short time and we were able to negotiate a longer timeframe. Hopefully it will be a huge success and we can extend it!
    ZeldaZonk said:
    demetrios said:
    Special guests to open the exhibit do you think??! 
    It's always a possibility, but I honestly haven't heard anything yet. Keeping fingers crossed, though. That would be icing on the cake!
    What of you are a member but your other half isn't?
    I don't think that will be a problem. You should be able to buy one extra ticket for a guest.
    Marieow said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Zod said:

How cool! I love the MoPOP. I'm also in the museum industry and I would love to work there. I can imagine how exciting it was to find out about this. I live in San Francisco, and I was soooo tempted to apply for an opening in the membership department there a while back, specifically for the possibility of a Pearl Jam exhibit like this. I think I'm going to try to enter the lottery to go. But if I don't win,  I have family in Tacoma I will be visiting this year. 
    It's such a great place, and always so many cool exhibitions. I hope you get a chance to attend the screening, but if not there will be special admission tickets available on Wednesday and Friday for Ten Club members. Plus if you have family in Tacoma, you'll have plenty of reason to visit while the exhibition is here. Hope to see you when you are in town! 
    PJWGIII said:
    I'm starting to get VERY tempted to head out to these shows.
    I hear you! I knew the Home Shows were going to be special, and this exhibition is proof in the pudding so to speak! 
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,873
    I was wondering if they might do this on the off days in Chicago and Boston too but transporting all that memorabilia might be risky.  With only two more cities, not impossible.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    I was wondering if they might do this on the off days in Chicago and Boston too but transporting all that memorabilia might be risky.  With only two more cities, not impossible.

Definitely not. This is going to be a huge gallery and will be taking over the space that we currently have a Star Trek exhibit. It's two levels. 
    demetrios said:
    And I asked the curator for a definite end date, and it's still being determined. All we know at the moment is through the end of this year.
    ZeldaZonk said:

Definitely not. This is going to be a huge gallery and will be taking over the space that we currently have the Star Trek exhibit in, and the space is two levels. 

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,054
    ZeldaZonk said:
    demetrios said:
    And I asked the curator for a definite end date, and it's still being determined. All we know at the moment is through the end of this year.

Wish they could push it for another year or so. Here's hoping they make a lot of mula & many come to see this so it'll stay up for a few more years.
    demetrios said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    demetrios said:

Wish they could push it for another year or so. Here's hoping they make a lot of mula & many come to see this so it'll stay up for a few more years.
    If it's anything like what happened with the Nirvana gallery, then it could very well be a possibility. I've had so many people come in over the years and ask me why we don't have a PJ gallery, so obviously there's a big demand for it.....no surprise about that, of course!
  • BB162610BB162610 Upstate NY Posts: 541
    I have entered for this, but I am confused.  If you are selected you obviously get to go to the screening, but do you also gain entry into the MoPop exhibit?  Or is that a separate drawing in the future?  Wasn't the screening for Boston $1?
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,887
    BB162610 said:
    I have entered for this, but I am confused.  If you are selected you obviously get to go to the screening, but do you also gain entry into the MoPop exhibit?  Or is that a separate drawing in the future?  Wasn't the screening for Boston $1?
    It includes admission into the PJ exhibit.
  • AnnieBananieAnnieBananie Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 35
    ComeToTX said:
    Pumped for this. It says 10C members will be able to see the exhibit early even if you don’t win tix. 

ADDITIONAL BENEFIT: The special Pearl Jam: Home & Awayexhibit will be open to Ten Club Members for exclusive previews on Wednesday, August 8th and on Friday, August 10th (paid entrance to the museum required) before the public opening day on August 11th. An official Ten Club announcement on how to purchase admission will be made soon.
    YAAAASSSSS!   this is gonna be one stellar trip to Emerald City!
    Hamilton - 9/15/11
    Buffalo - 10/12/13
    Seattle - 12/6/13
    Detroit - 10/16/14
    Quebec CIty - 5/5/16
    Ottawa - 5/8/16
    Toronto 1 - 5/10/16
    Toronto 2 - 5/12/16
    Fenway 1 - 8/5/16
    Fenway 2 - 8/7/16
    Seattle Home show 1 - 8/8/18
    Seattle Home show 2 - 8/10/18