Pearl Jam: 'Home & Away' Exhibit at MoPOP

Comments

• theboywiltheboywil Seattle Posts: 59
    MoPop display of Pearl Jam posters at SeaTac airport...  Before security...
    Well we've been a good few hours drinking
    So I'm going to say what everyone's thinking
    If we're stuck on this ship and it's sinking
    Then we might as well have a parade
  • big dipper ice creambig dipper ice cream malt-hop epicenter Posts: 2,516
    Can't find link to purchase tickets for Wed.?  hoping to buy an early morning ticket.

2024..........ANCHORAGE-FAIRBANKS-VANCOUVER-SEATTLE-PORTLAND-BOISE-SLC-MISSOULA

• kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,887
    Can't find link to purchase tickets for Wed.?  hoping to buy an early morning ticket.
    Bottom of this page: https://pearljam.com/ten-club/event/mopop-pj-exhibit-ten-club-offer
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,250
    edited July 2018
    i wonder if cameras are allowed in for this event?
  • OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    I went to Seattle last year and visted MoPop.. It's a shame I didn't get to see this. 
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    I haven't heard anything about them not being permitted for the event, and I know they'll be allowed in the gallery on a regular basis. The only rule for the gallery itself is to make sure your flash is off so that the artifacts aren't damaged.
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,599
    Trying to book on the 10th but keep getting an error. I skimmed through the thread and did not see a fix for this. Anyone else having this problem?
    ZeldaZonk said:
    I haven't heard anything about them not being permitted for the event, and I know they'll be allowed in the gallery on a regular basis. The only rule for the gallery itself is to make sure your flash is off so that the artifacts aren't damaged.
    sweet thanks.
    any travel tips(bus/light rail/mono rail?) on how to get from the downtown core to this event on thursday. i assume this thursday night special screening might go past 11pmish? maybe
    a kind PJ traveler offered me a ticket so i'm covered there.
    ZeldaZonk said:
    sweet thanks.
    Anytime! Hope you enjoy the gallery. It will be amazing!
  • RosinhaaaRosinhaaa Posts: 27
    Guys, what's the advantage to visit the exhibit in Aug 9th? Is only the Sky Church?
    Anyone received the instructions about the visit in this day or will notice only Aug 1st?
    @Apoteose, Rio de Janeiro 12.04.2005 - @MSG, New York 05.20.2010 - @Morumbi, São Paulo 11.04.2011 - @Apoteose, Rio de Janeiro 11.06.2011 - @Estadio Unico de La Plata, Buenos Aires 11.13.2011 - @Lollapalooza Brazil, São Paulo 03.31.2013 - @Morumbi, São Paulo 11.14.2015 - @Mineirão, Belo Horizonte 11.20.2015 - @Maracanã, Rio de Janeiro 11.22.2015
    Rosinhaaa said:
    Guys, what's the advantage to visit the exhibit in Aug 9th? Is only the Sky Church?
    Anyone received the instructions about the visit in this day or will notice only Aug 1st?
    Are you referring to the exclusive 10c event that evening or just early access in general? The 10c event is from 9pm-1am and you'll see the streaming of Night 1's performance in Sky Church plus you'll have exclusive access to the new exhibition. 
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Rosinhaaa said:
    Are you referring to the exclusive 10c event that evening or just early access in general? The 10c event is from 9pm-1am and you'll see the streaming of Night 1's performance in Sky Church plus you'll have exclusive access to the new exhibition. 
    As I understand it from the July newsletter, we also have admission to rest of the museum during the day between 10a-7p. Are we allowed to visit the PJ exhibit during those hours as well?
  • ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    So I'm going to Seattle with 2 friends, with the 10c offer I can only buy tickets will my second friend be able to buy at the kiosk day of or something? 

2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
  • RosinhaaaRosinhaaa Posts: 27
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Rosinhaaa said:
    The both, in 10c event we will visit the exhibition or we can visit beetween 10 am to 7 pm?

@Apoteose, Rio de Janeiro 12.04.2005 - @MSG, New York 05.20.2010 - @Morumbi, São Paulo 11.04.2011 - @Apoteose, Rio de Janeiro 11.06.2011 - @Estadio Unico de La Plata, Buenos Aires 11.13.2011 - @Lollapalooza Brazil, São Paulo 03.31.2013 - @Morumbi, São Paulo 11.14.2015 - @Mineirão, Belo Horizonte 11.20.2015 - @Maracanã, Rio de Janeiro 11.22.2015
    kasedoug said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Rosinhaaa said:
    As I understand it from the July newsletter, we also have admission to rest of the museum during the day between 10a-7p. Are we allowed to visit the PJ exhibit during those hours as well?
    Access to the PJ exhibition outside of the lottery they held for the private event on the 9th will be offered to 10c members who purchased tickets for the dates of August 8 and 10. The hours will be from 7am until 7pm (I believe) and then again from 11pm-2am after the show. Special museum tickets purchased through the 10c will allow you early entry on the 8th and 10th beginning at 7am before we open to the public, just not access to the event on the 9th. For those attending the event on the 9th, that's from 9pm until 1am and that's when they'll screen night one's performance at Sky Church. Hope this makes sense!
    edited July 2018
    Chadplam said:
    So I'm going to Seattle with 2 friends, with the 10c offer I can only buy tickets will my second friend be able to buy at the kiosk day of or something? 

If I understand your situation correctly, you want to buy tickets through the 10c offer but will have two friends with you. The early access allows you to purchase up to two tickets total from the Ten Club, so I don't think you'll be able to buy a ticket for the second friend on site. You can always inquire when you get to the museum that day and see if they'll make an exception, but I honestly can't tell you what they'll decide since it is supposed to be purchased from Ten Club. The second friend could buy regular admission but may not be allowed in to the PJ exhibition until August 11 when it opens to the public.
    Post edited by ZeldaZonk on
    Rosinhaaa said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Rosinhaaa said:
    The both, in 10c event we will visit the exhibition or we can visit beetween 10 am to 7 pm?

My understanding is that the only access given on the 9th will be at the private 10c party and not during the day for people who buy tickets. The area will be off limits that day until the evening party, and then you'd get to see it that night between 9pm and 1am. The tickets arranged for admission to MoPOP through the 10c have been designated for April 8 and 10, and that's when you'll see the exhibition during the day but still before the public has access.
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,835
    The showings on Aug 8 and Aug 10 are for a ten club member and one guest, just like for a show. 
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
    Yes, two tickets max. I don't know if any exceptions will be made on site, but I'm leaning toward not. 
    ZeldaZonk said:
    kasedoug said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Rosinhaaa said:
    Access to the PJ exhibition outside of the lottery they held for the private event on the 9th will be offered to 10c members who purchased tickets for the dates of August 8 and 10. The hours will be from 7am until 7pm (I believe) and then again from 11pm-2am after the show. Special museum tickets purchased through the 10c will allow you early entry on the 8th and 10th beginning at 7am before we open to the public, just not access to the event on the 9th. For those attending the event on the 9th, that's from 9pm until 1am and that's when they'll screen night one's performance at Sky Church. Hope this makes sense!
    From the July newsletter. It mentions that our tickets for the event on the evening of the 9th also includes MoPOP admission during the day. Wondering if we could see the PJ exhibit if we utilize the admission during the day. I understand we have exclusive access during the screening.
  • EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 684
    Anyone know what time the screening is on the 9th? I'm assuming 7:00
    monorail is $2.50 but only goes to 11pm.

kasedoug said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    kasedoug said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Rosinhaaa said:
    From the July newsletter. It mentions that our tickets for the event on the evening of the 9th also includes MoPOP admission during the day. Wondering if we could see the PJ exhibit if we utilize the admission during the day. I understand we have exclusive access during the screening.

That's a great question. I know some of the info distributed has been vague and somewhat confusing, and the screen shot you attached is a perfect example because it's not very clear. I will see if I can find out something definite tomorrow as far as entering the gallery during the day on Thursday for anyone who won tickets to the screening. I'll let you know if I can get clarification.
    edited July 2018
    Anyone know what time the screening is on the 9th? I'm assuming 7:00
    I confirmed today.....The event is from 9pm-1pm, and doors will open at 8pm. The screening should start at 9pm or shortly after.
    Post edited by ZeldaZonk on
    ZeldaZonk said:
    kasedoug said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    kasedoug said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Rosinhaaa said:

That's a great question. I know some of the info distributed has been vague and somewhat confusing, and the screen shot you attached is a perfect example because it's not very clear. I will see if I can find out something definite tomorrow as far as entering the gallery during the day on Thursday for anyone who won tickets to the screening. I'll let you know if I can get clarification.
    Thank you.
  • DannaCaliDannaCali los angeles Posts: 51
    I'm looking for one (or two) spares, especially for the screening because I can get to see the exhibit on the 8th. Thank you! 818-2626542
    FAN CLUB #180XXX
    9.29.1996 new york - Randall's island
    8.23.2000 new york - jones beach
    8.24.2000 new york - jones beach
    6.2.2003 los angeles - Irvine Amphitheatre
    6.3.2003 los angeles - Irvine Amphitheatre
    6.5.2003 san diego - sports arena
    6.6.2003 las vegas - MGM grand
    7.6.2006 las vegas - MGM grand
    7.7.20006 san diego - Viejas arena
    7.9.2006 los angeles - the LA forum
    7.10.2006 los angeles - the LA forum
    7.12.2008 los angeles - UCLA Pauley pavilion - VH1 rock honors: The Who
    7.15. 2006 San Francisco - BILL GRAHAM CIVIC AUDITORIUM
    7.16. 2006 San Francisco - BILL GRAHAM CIVIC AUDITORIUM
    7.18. 2006 San Francisco - BILL GRAHAM CIVIC AUDITORIUM
    6.25.2008 New York - MADISON SQUARE GARDEN
    6.24.2008 New York - MADISON SQUARE GARDEN
    10.9.20006 san diego - Viejas arena
    5.20.2008 New York - MADISON SQUARE GARDEN
    5.21.2008 New York - MADISON SQUARE GARDEN
    9.4.2011 Wisconsin - alpine valley PJ20 *
    9.3.2011 Wisconsin - alpine valley PJ20 *
    7.7.2012 Stockholm, Sweden *
    7.10.2012 Copenhagen, Denmark *
    11.19. 2013 Phoenix, AZ - Jobing Arena *
    11.21.2013 San Diego - Viejas arena *
    11.23.2013 los angeles - LA sports arena *
    11.24.2013 los angeles - LA sports arena *
    11.26.2013 Oakland - Oracle Arena *
    11.29.2013 Portland, OR - Rose Garden *
    6.25.2014 Vienna, Austria - Stadhalle *
    10.22.2014 Denver, CO - Pepsi center *
    and many more... 

8.10.2018 - Seattle home show #2

EV - 07.05.11 Copley Symphony Hall San Diego
    EV - 07.06.11 Terrace Theater Long Beach, CA
    EV - 07.08.11 The Wiltern, Los Angeles, CA. 
    EV - 11.04.12 Coamerica theatre, phoenix, AZ
    EV - 08.27-28.16 Ohana Festival - Dana Point CA. 
    EV - 09.8-10.17 Ohana Festival - Dana Point CA. 

and many more... 

Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/dannakinsky/
    facebook : http://www.facebook.com/primelens
    twitter : http://twitter.com/dannakinsky

Looking for 1 ticket for the MoPOP event. Person whose +1 I was buying just notified me that they canceled their trip. Please let me know if you have an extra ticket available. Thanks!
  • WaitnSince67WaitnSince67 Milton, Ontario Canada Posts: 79
    Adding my name to the list... also looking for 1 ticket.  Will bring goodies from Canada!!
    Washington, DC (June 14, 1998)
    Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018)
    Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018)
    kasedoug said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    kasedoug said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    kasedoug said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Rosinhaaa said:

Thank you.
    Here's the info, although I see from a later post that now you may not be attending. I hope you're able to find an extra! At any rate, I imagine a lot of people are wondering the same thing about access that day. For those who have tickets to the Ten Club event on Thursday night, admission to the museum that day will definitely include access to the Pearl Jam exhibition. The museum will open at 10am that day, unlike Wednesday and Friday when we're opening at 7am to accommodate Ten Club members for the special preview days. 

For those attending Thursday night's event, an email will be sent from Ten Club sometime soon letting you know the arrangements on picking up your tickets. They'll be distributed at the museum on the day of the event, and you'll have the option of checking out the gallery then or waiting until the event that night from 9pm-1am.