Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    rollandf said:
    How come that Zurich is 99% for Reserved Seating?
    No demand? Any explanation?
    The odds will drop by the time It's drawn.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,065
    The Krakow to Budapest flight will decrease over time. They just jump the price because of all the demand today. Same thing happened in 2018 for Krakow to Berlin.
    I never saw the 2018 flight come down to a reasonable price. Wish I did I would have jumped on it. Also if the 6 seats left is true how are they going to sell those cheap? It seems its going to sell it in the next couple of days. 
  • Options
    I just checked the Krakow flight. There are 4 Premium Economy seats left in row 4 and for Business there are 4 left as well in rows 1 to 3. I am not sure if they will open the Economy back up since its no longer available but I bet people cancel their flight with the free 24hr option and some will pop up again. 
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,760
    rollandf said:
     tooooo expensive place to visit 
    Hopefully it stays that way. Just booked a hotel in Zurich very close to the arena for 100€. Flights not too bad from Dublin too. May be easier to get there than most of the rest. Also got my London tickets.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    UndrakanUndrakan Donostia - San Sebastian Posts: 113
    Thanks dimi, it’s been a pleasure to ride this wave! 
  • Options
    Kearn5y said:
    rollandf said:
    Hopefully it stays that way. Just booked a hotel in Zurich very close to the arena for 100€. Flights not too bad from Dublin too. May be easier to get there than most of the rest. Also got my London tickets.
    Hotel Oerlikon? Thats the one we booked for 3 days. Shared bathroom is the only downfall I see. 
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Coming from Canada and looking to hit like 3 shows but logistics and pricing are tough to figure out.  

I thought about flying into Paris and renting a car to do Zurich and Budapest but rentals don't allow cars from France into Poland or Hungary.

That's one of about 10+ different logistical issues.  Gonna keep brainstorming...
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Kearn5y said:
    rollandf said:
    Hotel Oerlikon? Thats the one we booked for 3 days. Shared bathroom is the only downfall I see. 

It can't be as bad as the Amsterdam hotel with the shower in the middle of the room!
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    PJamMBPJamMB Posts: 120
    Assuming tickets for GA Vienna are Golden Circle, how early would I have to get in line to be close to the front? I’m a 5’2” female and would love to be able to actually see the band. 
  • Options
    HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,651
    edited December 2019
    PJNB said:
    The Krakow to Budapest flight will decrease over time. They just jump the price because of all the demand today. Same thing happened in 2018 for Krakow to Berlin.
    I never saw the 2018 flight come down to a reasonable price. Wish I did I would have jumped on it. Also if the 6 seats left is true how are they going to sell those cheap? It seems its going to sell it in the next couple of days. 
    In 2018 I booked my flight for $170, while I was booking the flight went from $110 to $170. 3 weeks later it was back down to $110
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,531
    Does anyone think we’re getting US tour dates in 2020? 
    We were initially told the US tour was more of a priority than Europe. Also were told that the album announcement would come out before any tour was announced. Didn't quite work out that way.

Who knows....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    Just booked NYC to Krakow on 7/12....AirBNB's in Krakow, Budapest, Zurich....will fly to Prague for a few days....Prague to Amsterdam....Amsterdam to NYC on 7/23.

4 shows, 5 cities, 11 days.  Glorious.

See what you guys mean about the flights from Krakow to Budapest on 7/14. I need my buddy to give me his passport # ASAP to get that flight taken care of ASAP.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    Just booked NYC to Krakow on 7/12....AirBNB's in Krakow, Budapest, Zurich....will fly to Prague for a few days....Prague to Amsterdam....Amsterdam to NYC on 7/23.

See what you guys mean about the flights from Krakow to Budapest on 7/14. I need my buddy to give me his passport # ASAP to get that flight taken care of ASAP.
    You do not need a passport to book a flight. Use Skyscanner and pick the one the suits you best. Prices are rising. There will be bus and train options as well but busses will be 6hrs and trains 9 to 10hrs. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Saltzy23 said:

You do not need a passport to book a flight. Use Skyscanner and pick the one the suits you best. Prices are rising. There will be bus and train options as well but busses will be 6hrs and trains 9 to 10hrs. 
    It says Passport Number is a required field if I am travelling from the USA.

Craaaaaap.

• Options
    Blacksheep76Blacksheep76 Houston, TX Posts: 167
    Been off of this post for a while.  Any positive rumors on a Canada tour?  Apologies if this has already been asked.
  • Options
    Can it be presumed that an additional Amsterdam concert will be on july 21?

• Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,450
    Riffraff said:
    Can it be presumed that an additional Amsterdam concert will be on july 21?

Dimi implied it would be 23rd
  • Options
    colonel coolcolonel cool Bern Posts: 32
    Micheyb21 said:
    Only 6 seats left on the Krakow to Budapest flight guys.
    Pearl Jam plane! See you on there and thanks so much Dimi definitely beers for you 🍻
    If we are all buying him a beer on the plane, he will not make it to the show. I'll buy you one in zurich dimi. Any wishes?
    Zurich 00, Bern 06, Verona 06, Milano 06, Torino 06, Pistoia 06, Zagreb 06, Munich 07, London 07, Southside 07, Rotterdam 09, Berlin 09, Manchester 09, London 09, Dublin 10, Belfast 10, London 10, Nijmegen 10, Berlin 10, PJ20 I+II, Toronto 11 I+II, Ottawa 11, Amsterdam 12 I+II, Berlin 12 I+II, Oslo 12, Copenhagen 12, Amsterdam 14 I+II, Milano 14, Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Berlin 14, Leeds 14, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Amsterdam 18 I+II, Milano 18, Padua 18, Roma 18, Berlin 18, Barcelona 18, Lisboa 18
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Kearn5y said:
    rollandf said:
    I’m staying at the Oerlikon as well although I must have missed the part about the bathroom. Oh well
  • Options
    PJamMB said:
    Assuming tickets for GA Vienna are Golden Circle, how early would I have to get in line to be close to the front? I’m a 5’2” female and would love to be able to actually see the band. 
    Never tried to be front row there but coming about 15 - 30min before 10c entry times landed me about 5 - 10 rows back. If you don't need to be at the "front"  but only have a good view I can recommend the back of the Golden Circle. If they don't sell too many tickets for Golden Circle (usually the case in Vienna) the place at the rail on the back of the Golden Circle (especially on the sides of the pit) is where I go to. It is usually not very crowded (like the back of the arena), still you are in the first quarter of the floor / relatively close to the band. You have the chance to move a bit around to get the perfect view. 
  • Options
    Anyone been to Zurich? Is the steep price worth it? 
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,934
    one_stone said:
    PJamMB said:
    Never tried to be front row there but coming about 15 - 30min before 10c entry times landed me about 5 - 10 rows back. If you don't need to be at the "front"  but only have a good view I can recommend the back of the Golden Circle. If they don't sell too many tickets for Golden Circle (usually the case in Vienna) the place at the rail on the back of the Golden Circle (especially on the sides of the pit) is where I go to. It is usually not very crowded (like the back of the arena), still you are in the first quarter of the floor / relatively close to the band. You have the chance to move a bit around to get the perfect view. 
    Agree with this post.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Anyone been to Zurich? Is the steep price worth it? 
    The city is awesome and you can make it a weekend trip. I‘d say yes!
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Saltzy23 said:

I decided I can't wait for my friend.  By the time he figures this out there are gonna be no cheap flight or even many realistic options at all the way it looks. The one direct flight is already up to like $500, which is insane for an hour flight.

I just booked the next best option for like $170.

My friend is just gonna have to meet me in Budapest.
  • Options
    Cosimo82Cosimo82 Posts: 325
    Red Lukin said:
    Coming from Canada and looking to hit like 3 shows but logistics and pricing are tough to figure out.  

I thought about flying into Paris and renting a car to do Zurich and Budapest but rentals don't allow cars from France into Poland or Hungary.

That's one of about 10+ different logistical issues.  Gonna keep brainstorming...
    Best connections are with london, paris and amsterdam. 
    You can land in one of this city and the you can check on google flight or Skyscanner for good flight. Renting a car it will be Much more expensive
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,703
    Where are the Australian shows???  It's been SIX years!!! 
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 326
    Where's the "2021 tour rumour thread"? 😉😎
  • Options
    ravilloriasravillorias Paris Posts: 458
    we're are getting old !!!! everyone is looking for "Reserved Seating" and no one for GA (99% odds) :lol: 
    -- rafa
  • Options
    lavilalavila Ireland Posts: 34
    one_stone said:
    PJamMB said:
    Agree with this post.
    Yeah, perfect move. Did that in the same place in Vienna in 2014 when I took my then 12 y.o. son...we won't have that problem anymore as he's 6'2" now... =)
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,802
    Micheyb21 said:
    Only 6 seats left on the Krakow to Budapest flight guys.
    Pearl Jam plane! See you on there and thanks so much Dimi definitely beers for you 🍻
    Will be so much fun!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..