Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    binaural2002binaural2002 Germany Posts: 2,367
    =)Another good thing about Zurich , at the Oerlikon station (the stop for Hallenstadion) There is a ‘Beers of the World ‘ which has a phenomenal selection of craft beers to cradle for the walk to Hallenstadion =)
    #itsthelittlethingsthatcount
    But I think for some horrible prices. Was in Zurich 2 years ago on a concert and beer at the gig was about 10 Euro. In Germany You pay between 4 and 5 Euro at the concert for a beer. 
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Watch my videos on YouTube
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • Options
    =)Another good thing about Zurich , at the Oerlikon station (the stop for Hallenstadion) There is a ‘Beers of the World ‘ which has a phenomenal selection of craft beers to cradle for the walk to Hallenstadion =)
    But I think for some horrible prices. Was in Zurich 2 years ago on a concert and beer at the gig was about 10 Euro. In Germany You pay between 4 and 5 Euro at the concert for a beer. 
    Its not as bad as in the US. At madison Garden and Alpine Valley it was 13 dollars for a beer. At Ohana festival it was 16 dollars last year if I remember right. 
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    Its not as bad as in the US. At madison Garden and Alpine Valley it was 13 dollars for a beer. At Ohana festival it was 16 dollars last year if I remember right. 
    F***ing prices! So, it seems to be good to go to a german concert. If You want to drink one or several beers ... ;)
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • Options
    Virtute_the_catVirtute_the_cat Posts: 13
    edited December 2019
    one_stone said:

That looks tempting! Can you tell from experience - in case I´d win GA-tickets for Vienna (according to the odds that should work out), is there usually high enough demand to find a buyer the second one? I might not have a ticket buddy, and this a lot of money that I don´t want to be left with.
    I have done that (selling my spare to fellow fans for face value) for about 10 - 15 shows over the last 15 years and have always found somebody who bought it. The demand in Vienna is not as high as Amsterdam for instance but for the last show in 2014 I also found someone who was very happy to buy it. 
    Great! Thank you!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    Micheyb21 said:
    Only 6 seats left on the Krakow to Budapest flight guys.
    Pearl Jam plane! See you on there and thanks so much Dimi definitely beers for you 🍻
    Will be so much fun!!
     Τι τιμή το βρήκες τελικά? 
    You flight to Krakow from Athens??..12 morning??
     salonika night 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    cloudsnmarscloudsnmars Switzerland (for now) But from Aotearoa Posts: 113
    The place i was refering to is a shop where the beers are between 2-8chf ( depending on where they are from... the most ive ever paid at a gig in ZH is 8 chf ( 7euros ) and that was for Brooklyn Lager...( this year at Alice in Chains) ... beers at the supermarket are cheap though as they have lowish tax on alcohol... 10euros does seem steep though, was this at Hallenstadion?? 
  • Options
    colonel coolcolonel cool Bern Posts: 32
    The place i was refering to is a shop where the beers are between 2-8chf ( depending on where they are from... the most ive ever paid at a gig in ZH is 8 chf ( 7euros ) and that was for Brooklyn Lager...( this year at Alice in Chains) ... beers at the supermarket are cheap though as they have lowish tax on alcohol... 10euros does seem steep though, was this at Hallenstadion?? 
    agree. not even in geneva or montreux a beer is 10 euros.
    always pay in swiss francs as they charge more if you pay in euro. the change will always be in swiss francs.

Zurich 00, Bern 06, Verona 06, Milano 06, Torino 06, Pistoia 06, Zagreb 06, Munich 07, London 07, Southside 07, Rotterdam 09, Berlin 09, Manchester 09, London 09, Dublin 10, Belfast 10, London 10, Nijmegen 10, Berlin 10, PJ20 I+II, Toronto 11 I+II, Ottawa 11, Amsterdam 12 I+II, Berlin 12 I+II, Oslo 12, Copenhagen 12, Amsterdam 14 I+II, Milano 14, Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Berlin 14, Leeds 14, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Amsterdam 18 I+II, Milano 18, Padua 18, Roma 18, Berlin 18, Barcelona 18, Lisboa 18
  • Options
    Wouldn't sign that. Nowadays it's more like 6-7 Euro. And I think the prices still going up. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    always pay in swiss francs as they charge more if you pay in euro. the change will always be in swiss francs.

I correct, it was 10 CHF = 9 Euro for a beer, was at Xavier Rudd gig at x-tra. Maybe it was a "Erdinger Weizen". I don't know anymore. Too expensive for me. I drank a beer at the hotel for 5 after the gig. 
    @cloudsnmars: Which shop did You mean where You can get a beer for 2 - 8 CHF? 

Post edited by binaural2002 on
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
  • Options
    rahjiimrahjiim Posts: 137
    I think I need a ticketbuddy for Frankfurt and Berlin. Is it easier to find a spare (GA!) ticket than to get rid of one? I probably could find somebody to join me for Berlin, but I would prefer not to go with somebody who doesn't really care. Especially if that person also needs to travel.
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,760
    Wouldn't sign that. Nowadays it's more like 6-7 Euro. And I think the prices still going up. 
    As long as its sold in Pints I dont care about the price. remember being in shows in Germany and Holland, where you could only get little crappy cups, most of it head, 2 sips and its gone.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    BigWhiskey85BigWhiskey85 York Posts: 21
    rahjiim said:
    I think I need a ticketbuddy for Frankfurt and Berlin. Is it easier to find a spare (GA!) ticket than to get rid of one? I probably could find somebody to join me for Berlin, but I would prefer not to go with somebody who doesn't really care. Especially if that person also needs to travel.
    Looks like I'm traveling solo to Berlin too. First time in the lottery and was wondering if it'll be easier to get a single ticket through general sale, than two via ten club. Seen as it's all GA in Berlin.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,059
    rahjiim said:
    Looks like I'm traveling solo to Berlin too. First time in the lottery and was wondering if it'll be easier to get a single ticket through general sale, than two via ten club. Seen as it's all GA in Berlin.
    Early entry with 10 club though which is huge imo. Find a ticket buddy and go with 10 club tickets. 
  • Options
    BigWhiskey85BigWhiskey85 York Posts: 21
    PJNB said:
    rahjiim said:
    Early entry with 10 club though which is huge imo. Find a ticket buddy and go with 10 club tickets. 
    Cheers for this! 

Ticket buddy required for Berlin :) 
  • Options
    rahjiim said:
    So assuming that everybody who enters the lottery for GA gets the ticket, if I could get your ticket, it wouldn't make sense to enter the lottery for Berlin. Does Berlin being all GA make it harder or easier to get?
  • Options
    Everybody who puts Berlin as a first choice is going to get it. If you have a ticket buddy lined up do not both put in for it as you will have 4 tickets for sure. 
  • Options
    camhendycamhendy Posts: 159
    PJNB said:
    Everybody who puts Berlin as a first choice is going to get it. If you have a ticket buddy lined up do not both put in for it as you will have 4 tickets for sure. 
    I put in for GA in Berlin and Copenhagen, looks like I'll get both which is so exciting and a nice change from the like 6% odds at Wrigley last summer. Do either Berlin or Copen have a golden circle? Or will non 10C folks be able to line up and get way ahead of me?
    2013: London
    2016: Ottawa
    2018: Wrigley 1 & 2
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Innings Fest (EV), Ft Worth 1 & 2, Austin 1 & 2

• Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,450
    camhendy said:
    PJNB said:
    I put in for GA in Berlin and Copenhagen, looks like I'll get both which is so exciting and a nice change from the like 6% odds at Wrigley last summer. Do either Berlin or Copen have a golden circle? Or will non 10C folks be able to line up and get way ahead of me?
    It's early entry for 10C in Berlin. From what I've heard that didn't work 100% last year but you'll be somewhere near the front in any case
  • Options
    I do not remember any issues with 10 club Berlin early entry last year aside from a handful of general public sale trying to mix in with the 10 club line. I was about 150 back in line so not sure about what happened behind me though.

For Copenhagen, you will have early entry at the minimum and if its like Krakow last year the general public will mix in with you and try and push through but it is what it is. 
  • Options
    camhendy said:
    PJNB said:
    I don't think Berlin has a golden circle. And that is my problem. How much time is there between getting the tickets and selling one, Do you need to give up your spot in the process and end up not seeing anything? 
  • Options
    rahjiim said:
    camhendy said:
    PJNB said:
    I don't think Berlin has a golden circle. And that is my problem. How much time is there between getting the tickets and selling one, Do you need to give up your spot in the process and end up not seeing anything? 
    You have plenty of time to meet up with your ticket buddy. Go to will call and have someone hold your GA spot in line. Make friends with those around you it will all work out. With Berlin there is a small pit ahead of GA seats. 10 club usually fills this up but general public fans will be in this too and its pretty rough. Lots of fans left the pit last year and went in the stands for a good view and less pushing. I was row 5 last year right in front of Mike. When Why Go hit I was 3rd row to Eddies right. All from the pressure from the back. It was nuts but I loved every second of it. 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,934
    JPPJ84 said:
    See ya all at Hotel Oerlikon bathroom! 
    Can I borrow some toothpaste?
    Borrow implies that you intend to return it. Do you intend on returning the toothpaste that Dimi provides you with? 

That's some freaky European stuff there! :rofl:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Micheyb21Micheyb21 UK Posts: 259
    Well apart from a few business class seats on the Krakow-Budapest LOT flight the whole flight is now weight list only. So only way seats will become free is is anyone cancels their booking or they get rid of the business class have a row to yourself seating and open it out to economy fares.  There are still connecting flights with both LOT via Warsaw and Austrian via Vienna if anyone still looking but prices have definitely jumped.  Im a travel agent in the UK so if anyone needs any info/advice/help with anything travel related Im always happy to help where I can (my advice is free to you all - just send me a message) 
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
    2019 Dusseldorf & Dublin Ed Solo  
    2022 Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Vienna, Prague, Ams 1 & Ams 2
    2024 Manchester, London, Auckland & Sydney
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,450
    edited December 2019
    rahjiim said:
    camhendy said:
    PJNB said:
    @rahjiim @BigWhiskey85    looks like you two should talk about being ticket buddies ;)
  • Options
    So Pearl jam is not using the system Neil Young did for Wahlbuhne with more expensive tickets for the pit and first rows, and than cheaper behind that?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    one_stoneone_stone Posts: 297
    edited December 2019
    So Pearl jam is not using the system Neil Young did for Wahlbuhne with more expensive tickets for the pit and first rows, and than cheaper behind that?
    I was wondering the same thing - but pricing on https://pearljam.tickets.de/ doesn't look like there are different tiers for Waldbühne. - Seems to stay the way it was in 2018
    Post edited by one_stone on
  • Options
    Regarding the Paris festival... will there be a 10 club section ? I know for Global Citizen Festival there was? . If not we have to purchase tickets through website? Thank you all for your help ! see you this summer.
  • Options
    Regarding the Paris festival... will there be a 10 club section ? I know for Global Citizen Festival there was? . If not we have to purchase tickets through website? Thank you all for your help ! see you this summer.
    No 10C section. Link for the french website of ticketmaster : https://www.ticketmaster.fr/en/resultat?ipSearch=lollapalooza
    79€ for one day ticket. Sale begins tromorrow at 10am.

1996 : Paris (Le Zénith)  /  2000Paris (Bercy)  /  2006 : Marseille (Le Dôme), Paris (Bercy)  /  2010 : Arras (Main Square)
    2012 : Arras (Main Square), Berlin I & II (O2 World)  /  2014 : Berlin (Wuhlheide)  /  2018 : Kraków (Tauron Arena), Barcelona (Palau Sant Jordi)
    2022 : Zürich (Hallenstadion), Paris (Lollapalooza) 
  • Options

I correct, it was 10 CHF = 9 Euro for a beer, was at Xavier Rudd gig at x-tra. Maybe it was a "Erdinger Weizen". I don't know anymore. Too expensive for me. I drank a beer at the hotel for 5 after the gig. 

No way!!! We were at Xavier Rudd also... geez he was AMAZING...and yes, Xtra is one of the more pricier places... and you did have a Erdinger which is 500ml.
       Heres the place im talking about , they have Punk IPAs 500ml for 4.40chf. And loads of fine IPAs etc ro choose from .
  • Options

No way!!! We were at Xavier Rudd also... geez he was AMAZING...and yes, Xtra is one of the more pricier places... and you did have a Erdinger which is 500ml.
       Heres the place im talking about , they have Punk IPAs 500ml for 4.40chf. And loads of fine IPAs etc ro choose from .
    https://www.beerworld.ch/bahnhof-zurich-oerlikon/