Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    retroretro Posts: 119
    =)Another good thing about Zurich , at the Oerlikon station (the stop for Hallenstadion) There is a ‘Beers of the World ‘ which has a phenomenal selection of craft beers to cradle for the walk to Hallenstadion =)
    #itsthelittlethingsthatcount
    But I think for some horrible prices. Was in Zurich 2 years ago on a concert and beer at the gig was about 10 Euro. In Germany You pay between 4 and 5 Euro at the concert for a beer. 
    The place i was refering to is a shop where the beers are between 2-8chf ( depending on where they are from... the most ive ever paid at a gig in ZH is 8 chf ( 7euros ) and that was for Brooklyn Lager...( this year at Alice in Chains) ... beers at the supermarket are cheap though as they have lowish tax on alcohol... 10euros does seem steep though, was this at Hallenstadion?? 
    agree. not even in geneva or montreux a beer is 10 euros.
    always pay in swiss francs as they charge more if you pay in euro. the change will always be in swiss francs.

I correct, it was 10 CHF = 9 Euro for a beer, was at Xavier Rudd gig at x-tra. Maybe it was a "Erdinger Weizen". I don't know anymore. Too expensive for me. I drank a beer at the hotel for 5 after the gig. 
    @cloudsnmars: Which shop did You mean where You can get a beer for 2 - 8 CHF? 

No way!!! We were at Xavier Rudd also... geez he was AMAZING...and yes, Xtra is one of the more pricier places... and you did have a Erdinger which is 500ml.
       Heres the place im talking about , they have Punk IPAs 500ml for 4.40chf. And loads of fine IPAs etc ro choose from .
    https://www.beerworld.ch/bahnhof-zurich-oerlikon/

All right, They have Augstiner for 3 chf  =)

• Options
    cloudsnmarscloudsnmars Switzerland (for now) But from Aotearoa Posts: 113
    Seeee , there ya go !! =)
  • Options
    binaural2002binaural2002 Germany Posts: 2,367
    edited December 2019
    No way!!! We were at Xavier Rudd also... geez he was AMAZING...and yes, Xtra is one of the more pricier places... and you did have a Erdinger which is 500ml.
       Heres the place im talking about , they have Punk IPAs 500ml for 4.40chf. And loads of fine IPAs etc ro choose from .
    You also have been there? What a great concert, we were first row!
    Xavier Rudd is an absolut fantastic musician. 

Ok, I will notice that:
    Post edited by binaural2002 on
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Watch my videos on YouTube
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    I have a feeling that the 2:40-4:20 Budapest - Zurich flight is gonna start filling up as soon as the tickets get released too. Just bought mine to make sure I am booked before the masses start to plan their trips.

The only other direct flights on 7/16 are at 10AM and 8PM.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,450
    Saltzy23 said:
    I have a feeling that the 2:40-4:20 Budapest - Zurich flight is gonna start filling up as soon as the tickets get released too. Just bought mine to make sure I am booked before the masses start to plan their trips.

I booked the 9:40 flight. It’s gonna be a short night! 
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

I booked the 9:40 flight. It’s gonna be a short night! 

I'm looking to get the fuck outta Zurich ASAP.  This trip is costing me enough as it is, and I have heard horror stories on how expensive that city is.
  • Options
    Zurich feels so uninteresting. Not sure why. Maybe it being so famously expensive. And all the expensive watches and chocolate everywhere.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,655
    On the 9:40 flight to Zurich.  Zurich doesn’t seem any more expensive than other major cities to me.  Hotel and transportation costs don’t seem too crazy.  

• Options
    Zurich feels so uninteresting. Not sure why. Maybe it being so famously expensive. And all the expensive watches and chocolate everywhere.
    I wear a Rolex and love Chocolate.

Booya!
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,793
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    Micheyb21 said:
    Only 6 seats left on the Krakow to Budapest flight guys.
    Pearl Jam plane! See you on there and thanks so much Dimi definitely beers for you 🍻
    Will be so much fun!!
     Τι τιμή το βρήκες τελικά? 
    You flight to Krakow from Athens??..12 morning??
     salonika night 
    Thinking to get the morning flight from Athens and have the whole day to enjoy the city..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Micheyb21Micheyb21 UK Posts: 259
    Anyone still looking for flights from Krakow to Budapest- Eurowings have got a good option that goes via Dusseldorf with 2 hour connection for around £100 that includes checked luggage 
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
    2019 Dusseldorf & Dublin Ed Solo  
    2022 Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Vienna, Prague, Ams 1 & Ams 2
    2024 Manchester, London, Auckland & Sydney
  • Options
    Looking for a ticket buddy or two
    PM me
  • Options
    i got idi got id Posts: 864
    How does the odds viewer work this time? I haven’t been able to find it
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Click ten club, then tickets, then odds
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,060
    So uninteresting indeed. 

• Options
    Man I love the Alps
  • Options
    Jamer196Jamer196 Posts: 358
    Can't decide between Viena and Budapest, can't do both. Travelling with the wife.
    Anyone knows this 2 city, any advise?Thoughts?
    Thanks in advance
  • Options
    Muffin The MuleMuffin The Mule Amersham, Bucks Posts: 478
    Mikemzl91 said:
    Looking for a ticket buddy or two
    PM me
    PM sent
    Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, London 8/7/22, London 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Dublin 22/6/24, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 
  • Options
    Jamer196 said:
    Can't decide between Viena and Budapest, can't do both. Travelling with the wife.
    Thanks in advance
    Don't know Budapest but i was at the Vienna gig in 2014 and it's a beautiful city. We found it really easy to get around and there are plenty of decent hotels within walking distance of the venue. Getting from the airport to the city centre was so simple and quick using the train. Do get a hotel close by, PJ have a tendency to run past curfew and it's less stressful if you know you can walk back to your accommodation afterwards.
    Manchester 17.8.09, Manchester 21.6.12, Copenhagen 10.7.12, Manchester 28.7.12 (EV), Phoenix 19.11.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Vienna 25.6.14, Leeds 8.7.14, London 6.6.17 (EV), London 18.6.18, Krakow 3.7.18, London 17.7.18, Dublin 3.7.19 (EV)
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    edited December 2019
    PJNB said:
    So uninteresting indeed. 

Zurich and the surrounding areas are one of my favorite spots on earth.  So jealous!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,934
    PJNB said:
    So uninteresting indeed. 

Looks fucking awesome to me!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    So uninteresting indeed. 

Looks fucking awesome to me!
    You could change your mind, come over for two weeks, enjoy Zürich, Paris and the Alps! ;)
  • Options
    Jamer196Jamer196 Posts: 358
    Jamer196 said:
    Thanks in advance
    Don't know Budapest but i was at the Vienna gig in 2014 and it's a beautiful city. We found it really easy to get around and there are plenty of decent hotels within walking distance of the venue. Getting from the airport to the city centre was so simple and quick using the train. Do get a hotel close by, PJ have a tendency to run past curfew and it's less stressful if you know you can walk back to your accommodation afterwards.
    Thanks for the input :)
  • Options
    RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    On the 9:40 flight to Zurich.  Zurich doesn’t seem any more expensive than other major cities to me.  Hotel and transportation costs don’t seem too crazy.  

I’m on the 9:40! Cutting Zurich down to 4 nights instead of 5 trying to keep it reasonable. Thinking either Hotel Rössli or Motel One.  I’ve stayed at Motel One in Munich & Berlin, it was upscale modern and well priced.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Renfield said:

I’m on the 9:40! Cutting Zurich down to 4 nights instead of 5 trying to keep it reasonable. Thinking either Hotel Rössli or Motel One.  I’ve stayed at Motel One in Munich & Berlin, it was upscale modern and well priced.
    I am heading off to Paris right away.  My plan is to go straight to Lucerne and stay there one night and then get back to Zurich about 6 or 7pm day the show.  Hotel is right across the street from the venue.   The only part of Zurich I'll see is the venue, hotel and airport.   Bummed that I can’t spend more time there in the Alps but I have a goal to see PJ in as many countries as possible so have to go to Paris and cross France off the list. 

Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,640
    Dirty Frank for Frankfurt???
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    Frankfurt and Vienna for me
     First night of the tour can be entertaining!!! 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,650
    just entered for budapest.  will be my first euro show!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    Renfield said:
    I am heading off to Paris right away.  My plan is to go straight to Lucerne and stay there one night and then get back to Zurich about 6 or 7pm day the show.  Hotel is right across the street from the venue.   The only part of Zurich I'll see is the venue, hotel and airport.   Bummed that I can’t spend more time there in the Alps but I have a goal to see PJ in as many countries as possible so have to go to Paris and cross France off the list. 
    Good goals!
    Only doing 2 shows- Budapest & Zürich. Leaving on July 12th, hopefully a decent amount of time in both cities for fun & exploration.
  • Options
    ed243421 said:
    Dirty Frank for Frankfurt???
    That is an interesting thought.