Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    drfox said:
    Hoping for a second U.K. show not in London

Not sure why people want loads of Amsterdam shows - they play there all the time. Would be good to have a change!!!
    Seen four PJ shows at Ziggo, and for me the arena is overrated. It was cool in 2012 when you had the early entrance area in front of the stage. But in 2014 the general admission  was way to crowded. And the TC line to pick up the tix was ridiculous. 
    That line up for the tickets was grim. 
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,950
    JackD. said:
    DEGBTI said:
    raindog80 said:
    Anyone think Imola is going to be with RHCP? “Festival-like”...RHCP still to announce plans too.
    No.
    raindog, what percentage that the new album drops before this rumored EU tour? 
    63,7%
    I think further back Raindog was hoping for a new album release. Maybe the album is further away than some of us think. Contrary to reports or speculation it was done. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    BganttBgantt Hilton Head, SC Posts: 21
    Financially speaking, which Europe show would be the cheapest to fly to from Savannah, Georgia? 😂 I’ve never been to Europe and of course I’ll do my own research but just wanted to get yalls opinions. 
  • Options
    Financially speaking, which Europe show would be the cheapest to fly to from Savannah, Georgia? 😂
    There are cheap direct flights from Orlando to London on Norwegian Air, if you don't mind driving to Orlando.  There are cheap flights on many discount airlines from London to just about everywhere in Europe.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    Dvdpenny72Dvdpenny72 Seattle Posts: 108
    So is the Zurich date looking pretty solid? Might shoot for that one, coming from Seattle so need to start a loose plan
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 926
    JackD. said:
    DEGBTI said:
    raindog80 said:
    Anyone think Imola is going to be with RHCP? “Festival-like”...RHCP still to announce plans too.
    No.
    63,7%
    Sorry jack, your humor is beyond my intelligence. I don't get it?
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Amsterdam after Paris would be fun train ride :hang_loose:
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 483
    DEGBTI said:
    JackD. said:
    DEGBTI said:
    raindog80 said:
    No.
    63,7%
    Sorry I just thought „percentage“ was a pretty strange expression in that context! ;-) No offense. It‘s either hop or top.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,798
    I don't even know what is happening right now.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    1awman1awman Posts: 41
    It’s a rumour thread so I’m saying ‘Glasgow’
  • Options
    1awman1awman Posts: 41
    Also rumourmongering for ‘Edinburgh Castle’ 
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 926
    JackD. said:
    DEGBTI said:
    JackD. said:
    DEGBTI said:
    raindog80 said:
    No.
    63,7%
    Sorry I just thought „percentage“ was a pretty strange expression in that context! ;-) No offense. It‘s either hop or top.
    no worries, I thought I was missing something, lol, long day....
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    Were there any sort of countdown clock or social media postings prior to the 2018 tour announcement?  I do not recall. 
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,804
    Were there any sort of countdown clock or social media postings prior to the 2018 tour announcement?  I do not recall. 
    No countdown clock.  I can’t remember if their were any social media posts 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 483
    D-Rod said:
    No countdown clock.  I can’t remember if their were any social media posts 
    No but promoters and festivals hinted at an announcement. I guess therefore nothing is going to happen today.
  • Options
    pengpeng Germany Posts: 34
    Foo Fighters just announced Nova Rock and I-Days Milano on Twitter. So something  is happening today... :)
    PJ: 20000609 - Rock Am Ring Festival, 20070623 - Southside Festival, 20100627 - Rockin' Park Festival, 20120626 - Amsterdam, 20120627 - Amsterdam, 20120702 - Prague, 20120707 - Stockholm, 20120710 - Copenhagen, 20140616 - Amsterdam, 20140617 - Amsterdam, 20140622 - Trieste, 20140625 - Vienna, 20140628 - Stockholm, 20180612 - Amsterdam, 20180613 - Amsterdam, 20180701 - Prague, 20180705 - Berlin, 20180710 - Barcelona
    Ed: 20170527 - Amsterdam, 20170529 - Amsterdam, 20170530 - Amsterdam, 20190628 - Berlin, 20190630 - Düsseldorf
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    Foos also announced rock in Rio lisbon, june 21

portugal never denied - south of AMS
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    raindog80 said:
    No.
    Is it kind of like the Milan iDays?
    No. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    DEGBTI said:
    raindog80 said:
    No.
    It's hard to say, sure hope so. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    mrk2 said:

Interesting. This could be it if they’re not announcing anything today?! 
  • Options
    AponeApone Posts: 580

mrk2 said:

Always said the iberian peninsula looks sparse from action this tour - not a bad guess in my opinion
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • Options
    TexicoTexico Posts: 122
    edited November 2019
    I guess also nothing for today, the last European tours were announced at 9 AM CET so announcement probably 6.12 or 13.12.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Rhcp tix for Athens show -  done  ! 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    Cool, have fun!! Any idea when you‘ll get your PJ tickets? ;)
  • Options
    retroretro Posts: 116
    JPPJ84 said:
    on the day of the show ;)

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    retro said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    on the day of the show ;)

On hand Yes... Hehehe 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    LinhasportLinhasport Porto - Portugal Posts: 61
    JPPJ84 said:
    mrk2 said:

Interesting. This could be it if they’re not announcing anything today?! 
    That´s what i think and pray, lol
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    drfox said:

Not sure why people want loads of Amsterdam shows - they play there all the time. Would be good to have a change!!!
    Seen four PJ shows at Ziggo, and for me the arena is overrated. It was cool in 2012 when you had the early entrance area in front of the stage. But in 2014 the general admission  was way to crowded. And the TC line to pick up the tix was ridiculous. 
    Exactly. Amsterdam is the closest PJ regularly plays to my hometown (3 hours) but last year I skipped it. 2014 was just dreadful there and I much rather go elsewhere in Europe. 
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    lellopjlellopj Posts: 233
    my big hope is that they will announce the whole euro tour in one shot as they always did. its very respectful for the fans. and not like rhcp and foos continue to doing it. 
    no matter how cold the winter there's a springtime ahead
  • Options
    retroretro Posts: 116
    Dercheef said:
    drfox said:

Exactly. Amsterdam is the closest PJ regularly plays to my hometown (3 hours) but last year I skipped it. 2014 was just dreadful there and I much rather go elsewhere in Europe. 
    yes the last time in 2018 it was also very crowded in front of the stage and also the audience very stiff and little auphoric. Was by far the worst of my 4 shows. AMS is somehow overrated.