Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    stonesstones Posts: 187
    edited November 2019
    Cosimo82 said:
    Yes, neither me see starting from prague.

so supposing tour starts on the 17-19/06 from? 
    Berlin? Or is uk the country with 2 shows?

could fit berlin 17-19/06?
    PJ Euro tours have almost always kicked off in Amsterdam, Ireland or UK.  You have to go all the way back to 2000 when they started anywhere else - Lisbon or 1993 - Oslo.

Cosimo82 said:
    Oh! Ok so ams is the one that probably goes at the end

so tour gonna start later (23/06 prague) or there s a solid hope for 14/06 florence to start euro tour 2020?
    As far as i am informed, the freight on the plane is paid per kilometer and not per trip. So it would make sense to start in the west and to stop in the west.

I think that almost certainly plays a part. Where can the band fly all it's equipment direct, and easily from the USA? 
  • Options
    damnaxedamnaxe Posts: 135
    Frankfurt 
  • Options
    Anyone think Imola is going to be with RHCP? “Festival-like”...RHCP still to announce plans too.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    No Spain this time? :disappointed:
    06/06/17 - Eddie Vedder - Hammersmith Apollo - London /////  09/06/17 - Eddie Vedder - 3Arena - Dublin ///// 19/06/18 - Pearl Jam - O2 - London ////// 10/07/18 - Pearl Jam - Palau Sant Jordi - Barcelona ////// 12/07/18 - Pearl Jam - Mad Cool Festival - Madrid ////// 14/07/18 -Pearl Jam - NOS Alive Festival - Lisbon
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 569
    I see everything is about a Euro tour. Any plans/rumors for US dates?
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,742
    estarr31 said:
    Dimi said there is and news won't come probably until January. 
  • Options
    DaughterXDaughterX Germany Posts: 34
    edited November 2019
    damnaxe said:
    Frankfurt 
    That was my first thought, too. But I think it has to be a city in Western Europe, not in Central Europe.
    Post edited by DaughterX on
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 569
    PJNB said:
    estarr31 said:
    Dimi said there is and news won't come probably until January. 
    Good enough for me. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    LinhasportLinhasport Porto - Portugal Posts: 61
    hadrielia said:
    Dimi says no, for sure, as he didn´t said 100% sure for portugal, i still hope they can be here, but for what i see it wont be easy
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 483
    PJNB said:
    JackD. said:
    kst said:
    I could see Pinkpop selling 3 day passes with the third headliner not announced. Unless they are selling individual days I think they could proceed without a further announcement.  After all, Lolla Stockholm sold blind bird passes with nothing at all announced.
    They are going to sell one day passes. That‘s why I think a third headliner needs to be announced before ticket sales.

And regards to „waiting for Werchter“: Werchter always announced bands the weeks before PJ. So it‘s not really waiting for Werchter, but obviously agreed between the parties. What I wanted to say: Werchter could easily announce earlier.
    Did they in 2018 though? I thought you said everything at once or do they announce without Pearl Jam right away?
    PJ announced everything at once. Not Werchter.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    tough to read through this thread and capture the best parts.... is there a best guess at this point for tour or just rumored cities (via Dimi) and guessing at schedule due to previous tours, etc?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,944
    hadrielia said:
    Dimi says no, for sure, as he didn´t said 100% sure for portugal, i still hope they can be here, but for what i see it wont be easy
    dont
  • Options
    hadrielia said:
    Well, that's disappointing, I thought promoters would be more than happy to book them after the good tickets sale in 2018
    06/06/17 - Eddie Vedder - Hammersmith Apollo - London /////  09/06/17 - Eddie Vedder - 3Arena - Dublin ///// 19/06/18 - Pearl Jam - O2 - London ////// 10/07/18 - Pearl Jam - Palau Sant Jordi - Barcelona ////// 12/07/18 - Pearl Jam - Mad Cool Festival - Madrid ////// 14/07/18 -Pearl Jam - NOS Alive Festival - Lisbon
  • Options
    damnaxedamnaxe Posts: 135
    DaughterX said:
    damnaxe said:
    Frankfurt 
    That was my first thought, too. But I think it has to be a city in Western Europe, not in Central Europe.
    Not if the tour doesn't start in amsterdam.
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    Anyone think Imola is going to be with RHCP? “Festival-like”...RHCP still to announce plans too.
    No.
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    DaughterXDaughterX Germany Posts: 34
    edited November 2019
    damnaxe said:
    DaughterX said:
    damnaxe said:
    Frankfurt 
    Not if the tour doesn't start in amsterdam.
    That wouldn't make sense logistically I guess. Have a look at 2018, they started off in the Netherlands and intended to end the tour in Portugal. Both Netherlands and Portugal are countries with a small distance to the US. The 2014 tour began in the UK and ended in the Netherlands. That makes sense.
    Post edited by DaughterX on
  • Options
    Cosimo82Cosimo82 Posts: 325
    But when do you think it gonna start? 17/06? 
    There new country? Don’t remember dimis hint...
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,751
    It's not too late to rule out an announcement for tomorrow, is it? If not this weekend, it would have to be the week after Thanksgiving one would think.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Cosimo82Cosimo82 Posts: 325
    Only 2 country have 2 show
    doesnt start in ams.

how many country they gonna tour?
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,548
    raindog80 said:
    No.
    Is it kind of like the Milan iDays?
  • Options
    If it doesn't start in AMS, maybe it'll open a window for a show in England as the Cubs will play the London series on June (13 & 14)
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 299
    I'm totally ready for an announcement!
  • Options
    TexicoTexico Posts: 122
    Who says it doesn't start in Amsterdam, from what I read that's still the plan.
  • Options
    cloudsnmarscloudsnmars Switzerland (for now) But from Aotearoa Posts: 113
    raindog80 said:
    No.
    Is it kind of like the Milan iDays?
    Yeah..curious also as to what kind of fest. Imola is... I imagine one stage with 4-5 acts?
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    Texico said:
    Dimi said there may be changes and something could be moved to the back. Amsterdam would make more sense than a show in the middle of the tour. Ziggo is pretty full in mid June. Nothing is certain though 
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,070
    Hoping for a second U.K. show not in London

Not sure why people want loads of Amsterdam shows - they play there all the time. Would be good to have a change!!!
  • Options
    TexicoTexico Posts: 122
    JPPJ84 said:
    Texico said:
    Dimi said there may be changes and something could be moved to the back. Amsterdam would make more sense than a show in the middle of the tour. Ziggo is pretty full in mid June. Nothing is certain though 
    Ah, ok... Amsterdam after Paris then maybe... we’ll see.
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 903
    raindog80 said:
    No.
    raindog, what percentage that the new album drops before this rumored EU tour? 
  • Options
    SpinTheBlackCircle74SpinTheBlackCircle74 Posts: 1,392
    edited November 2019
    drfox said:
    Hoping for a second U.K. show not in London

Not sure why people want loads of Amsterdam shows - they play there all the time. Would be good to have a change!!!
    Seen four PJ shows at Ziggo, and for me the arena is overrated. It was cool in 2012 when you had the early entrance area in front of the stage. But in 2014 the general admission  was way to crowded. And the TC line to pick up the tix was ridiculous. 
    Post edited by SpinTheBlackCircle74 on
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 483
    DEGBTI said:
    raindog80 said:
    No.
    raindog, what percentage that the new album drops before this rumored EU tour? 
    63,7%