WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    kaw753 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    I understand the point, but I hope people aren’t spending $10k just to see Pearl Jam shows.  That would be odd.   Europe is the draw for me, and the bonus is Pearl Jam shows.  I would pay $300 to see one show or two, but not five at that price.
    They're not. He's distorting a point to beat the same drum he beats in every one of his posts. If Pearl Jam charged $500 per ticket, we could finally see them in clubs again.
    And to only play in New York.

Imagine playing first where the majority of people live and then go to exotic locales. And charging close to fair market value. Bold concepts. Tool got alot of heat on this forum for doing just that.

Sure fans get to see Europe, which is great. I was pointing out the allocation of funding. PJ cant even charge $200 for tickets without heavy backlash but fans won't hesitate dropping $10k for a vacation that exists because of the tour itinerary. I never said it was the only reason just "centered on." Claiming that is distortion.

Large American cities: "where the majority of people live"
    Large European cities: "exotic locales"

I think we can all agree that the Bon Secour Wellness Arena in Greenville, South Carolina is an exotic locale.
    That show and city were awesome though. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 485
    Who says he doesn‘t travel for it?
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,027
    Prague is north east of Imola and after July 5th... PJ on the 8th?
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    Cosimo82Cosimo82 Posts: 325
    Dogboy said:
    Dimi ....can you tell us if
    we will know confirmed tour dates by end of this month?🤞
     usually when werchter is announcing headiliners 
    And when it happens?
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,813
    The code to figure our the PJ tour schedule is Up, Down, Up, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, A, B, A, B, Start. 
    I love a good Contra reference 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,636
    New guess:

amsterdam
    pinkpop
    zurich
    berlin
    vienna
    stockholm
    copenhagen
    werchter
    imola
    ljubljana
    prague
    lodz
    budapest
    bucharest/minsk/zagreb???
    paris
    london

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,272
    ed243421 said:
    Why not Sweden?
    What’s up? 
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,636

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    retroretro Posts: 116
    JackD. said:
    Who says he doesn‘t travel for it?
    I think he'd rather watch one more PJ show with the money.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,166
    kaw753 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    I understand the point, but I hope people aren’t spending $10k just to see Pearl Jam shows.  That would be odd.   Europe is the draw for me, and the bonus is Pearl Jam shows.  I would pay $300 to see one show or two, but not five at that price.
    They're not. He's distorting a point to beat the same drum he beats in every one of his posts. If Pearl Jam charged $500 per ticket, we could finally see them in clubs again.

Imagine playing first where the majority of people live and then go to exotic locales. And charging close to fair market value. Bold concepts. Tool got alot of heat on this forum for doing just that.

Sure fans get to see Europe, which is great. I was pointing out the allocation of funding. PJ cant even charge $200 for tickets without heavy backlash but fans won't hesitate dropping $10k for a vacation that exists because of the tour itinerary. I never said it was the only reason just "centered on." Claiming that is distortion.

I think we can all agree that the Bon Secour Wellness Arena in Greenville, South Carolina is an exotic locale.

Its seems the band doesnt like touring. The last time they played the states they got 7 shows out of a full month and one (yes for a friend and to try to keep a senate seat blue) was 500 miles from any city. They'd rather fly back and forth cross country twice just for off days than maximize their reach to fans right before a nearly 2 year break from the road. 

Are they not playing a 70,000 population Euro city next year? Isnt the point they are playing remote locations? Did the master of rumors not say the tracking was up down back and forth and up down back forth again?

They have absolutely earned the right to work in any manner they wish. And it speaks to the devotion of their fans that will chase the globe to mix in sightseeing with a few shows.

But. If this is about limited resources and a limited number of future years willing and available to tour , why not maximize your reach to as many fans as possible and maximize the revenue, but in the fairest way possible? I'm willing to pay big money to see PJ but I'd rather spend it on the band instead of racking up airline miles by the thousands .

• Options
    good iron  maiden put ourt dates..i can work a date so see them as well during pj tour.

The radiostation I'm working for is official radiopartner for the austrian concert ;);) I can get you tickets for some more information about the PJ Tour ;)
  • Options
    lellopjlellopj Posts: 233
    edited November 2019
    good iron  maiden put ourt dates..i can work a date so see them as well during pj tour.

The radiostation I'm working for is official radiopartner for the austrian concert ;);) I can get you tickets for some more information about the PJ Tour ;)
    here's the point of no return
    no matter how cold the winter there's a springtime ahead
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,275
    kaw753 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

But. If this is about limited resources and a limited number of future years willing and available to tour , why not maximize your reach to as many fans as possible and maximize the revenue

Come clean, you're Michael Rapino, aren't you?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    lellopj said:

here's the point of no return
    By the way... This is a completely new outdoor venue in Austria (Stadion Wiener Neustadt)
    The last PJ concert  in Austria was organised by the same agency (just checked my old ticket). Maybe...they have plans for other concerts at this venue? Pearl Jam maybe?
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,567
    kaw753 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Its seems the band doesnt like touring. The last time they played the states they got 7 shows out of a full month and one (yes for a friend and to try to keep a senate seat blue) was 500 miles from any city. They'd rather fly back and forth cross country twice just for off days than maximize their reach to fans right before a nearly 2 year break from the road. 

Are they not playing a 70,000 population Euro city next year? Isnt the point they are playing remote locations? Did the master of rumors not say the tracking was up down back and forth and up down back forth again?

They have absolutely earned the right to work in any manner they wish. And it speaks to the devotion of their fans that will chase the globe to mix in sightseeing with a few shows.

But. If this is about limited resources and a limited number of future years willing and available to tour , why not maximize your reach to as many fans as possible and maximize the revenue, but in the fairest way possible? I'm willing to pay big money to see PJ but I'd rather spend it on the band instead of racking up airline miles by the thousands .

The point of the tour is to go to the people in that city.  If people want to see multiple shows that is great, but most fans are going to see only one show.  I don’t think they are concerned about 500 people that are wanting to see three shows in a row, or need to be concerned.  Sure, it is great for the traveling fan to have everything logistically make sense. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,954
    kaw753 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

The point of the tour is to go to the people in that city.  If people want to see multiple shows that is great, but most fans are going to see only one show.  I don’t think they are concerned about 500 people that are wanting to see three shows in a row, or need to be concerned.  Sure, it is great for the traveling fan to have everything logistically make sense. 
    Yeah if I convince my wife to go to Europe we'll see one show and chill out in that city and its surroundings for 3 or 4 nights.  We've been doing that the past few tours, will hit the local shows and one city we haven't been to and check it out.  (toronto, st. louis, chicago, boston)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,639
    My work year ends on June 19th, 2020

should I save some vacation days for this work year or will I be using next years days?
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,916
    My work year ends on June 19th, 2020

should I save some vacation days for this work year or will I be using next years days?
    Are you going to Europe? Mid June to Mid July has been the rumour from the start like most Euro tours. I would say if you wanted to make the start then you would have to save some for this work year. I am guessing here but Amsterdam and a festival (prob Pink Pop) would fall on those first two dates. 
  • Options
    mrk2 said:
    Apone said:
    Texico said:

My guess the start of the tour will be something like...

18.6 Amsterdam

20.6 (or 21.6) Pinkpop

23.6 ? (Stuttgart, Frankfurt)

26.6 Berlin

28.6 Stockholm

30.6 Copenhagen

2.7 (or 3.7) Werchter

5.7 Imola

Clapton is playing the ziggo dome the 19/6, the schedule seems to suggest most acts have a 1 day gap pre show, which would rule out 18 June.  There is also a Euro 2020 match on the 18th at the stadium just opposite, not sure if this would affect thinking also? 

Celine Dion is at the ziggo dome until the 13/6, so using the same logic it would suggest Pearl Jam shows will fall between 15-17 June
    I am still hoping that they squeeze 2 shows in.
    There is no need to have a one day gap between different acts at indoor arenas. The previous band loads out in about 2 hours after the show, the next one will start setup in the morning. Happens all the time. 

When they showed Pearl Jam setting for Lexington, it seemed way before that morning. It also depends on the exact setup of the stage.

When Beyonce and Jay-Z toured, that setup took about a week, if not longer. Of course, they had a ridiculously massive setup. The same with Taylor Swift. A lot of the pop acts will have multiple identical stages that "leapfrog" each other to allow for that week of setup.

I can see Celine Dion having multiple setups.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Indoor arena productions can be set up in one day, no matter how big. There is absolutely no need to pay rent for an arena longer than needed. Stadium stages are different due to setting up all the supporting structures etc. 
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Someone mentioning "Pearl Jam rumors." on the efestivals forum's Lolla Paris topic:
    https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/232202-lollapalooza-paris-2020/

(obviously his rumors could be sourced from here, but who knows. Edit: judging by the post history, it is from here.)
    Post edited by mrk2 on
  • Options
    IZIIZI Kraków Posts: 101
    Tauron Arena Kraków about two hours after Roger Waters show ...4-5 hours is absolutely enough to clear very large  production 
    PJ 1996 Warszawa, 2000 Katowice 1 ,2007 Chorzów, 2010 Gdynia, 2014 Gdynia, 2018 Amsterdam 1+2, Londyn 1, Padova, Kraków, Barcelona, Londyn 2
    EV 2019 Amsterdam 1+2, Florence, Barolo, Berlin, Dusseldorf 
  • Options
    Roger Waters massive setup could also be done in one day, in 2018 Ziggo Dome had Bryan Adams concert on previous day, then Roger Waters the next day. After Roger they had Lenny Kravitz, Nickelback and Santana all on back-to-back nights. Like I said, this happens all the time, it is not an issue in indoor venues.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,314
    mrk2 said:
    Roger Waters massive setup could also be done in one day, in 2018 Ziggo Dome had Bryan Adams concert on previous day, then Roger Waters the next day. After Roger they had Lenny Kravitz, Nickelback and Santana all on back-to-back nights. Like I said, this happens all the time, it is not an issue in indoor venues.
     exactly,,outdoors stadiums  is different 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    AponeApone Posts: 582
    mrk2 said:
    Hope the amsterdam show is not the 18th as hotel prices are throught the roof (due to the football at the stadium I imagine)
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 776
    Apone said:
    mrk2 said:
    Hope the amsterdam show is not the 18th as hotel prices are throught the roof (due to the football at the stadium I imagine)
    You can stay in ( for example ) Rotterdam. Its 45 minutes with the train wich is directly besides the Ziggo Dome
  • Options
    Hope Amsterdam is June 16 and/or 17 because i'm going to the Graspop festival in Belgium on June 18th.
  • Options
    aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    IZI said:
    Tauron Arena Kraków about two hours after Roger Waters show ...4-5 hours is absolutely enough to clear very large  production 
    It looks like you are lobbying for Krakow !
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • Options
    D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486
    mrk2 said:
    So maybe Amsterdam June 18 and then Pink Pop on June 20???
    Then off to germany for maybe two shows? And after Berlin is Stockholm Lollapalooza?