Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,897
    just an observation, but it seems that not everyone appreciates these little tidbits of information that really amount to nothing until the official announcement. Let's be honest, 'save your money' is honestly so little info, it can actually stress people out thinking now they can't spend a dime of their own money over the next several months waiting for this "blow your mind" announcement. seriously, we all know there are people on here that live and die by this band and their tours. so when that info is given, I can sort of see why people get all excited, but then that changes to annoyance when they get nothing else. and when they know someone knows and is able to plan accordingly, and dangles the proverbial carrot in front of them, but can't/won't share the rest, it seems to frustrate some. 

most people don't have the ability to just drop everything and go to 15 shows. 

it's not me, as I go to one show per tour maximum. just what I've seen here over the years. 

I think a lot of people appreciate it, because it gets them excited for what's coming. myself included. just giving a possible window into the other side. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 931
    just an observation, but it seems that not everyone appreciates these little tidbits of information that really amount to nothing until the official announcement. Let's be honest, 'save your money' is honestly so little info, it can actually stress people out thinking now they can't spend a dime of their own money over the next several months waiting for this "blow your mind" announcement. seriously, we all know there are people on here that live and die by this band and their tours. so when that info is given, I can sort of see why people get all excited, but then that changes to annoyance when they get nothing else. and when they know someone knows and is able to plan accordingly, and dangles the proverbial carrot in front of them, but can't/won't share the rest, it seems to frustrate some. 

it's not me, as I go to one show per tour maximum. just what I've seen here over the years. 

I think a lot of people appreciate it, because it gets them excited for what's coming. myself included. just giving a possible window into the other side. 
    but he did also say everything is in "the works" not finalized, so that's really all he can say. anything else he himself would just be speculating
  • Options
    DEGBTI said:

but he did also say everything is in "the works" not finalized, so that's really all he can say. anything else he himself would just be speculating
    I know. i'm just saying that I think people around here can get a bit irrational/emotional when it comes to these things. that's all I'm saying. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,639
    I think we should be happy for even the smallest hint.  After 2/3 years of nothing, people should just appreciate that something is brewing.  I think we can all imply that there will be shows in 2020, and he was even kind enough to specify that the Both US shows as well as international shows are in the plans.  I’d love all the insider info as well, but am happy with even these small hints.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    I think we should be happy for even the smallest hint.  After 2/3 years of nothing, people should just appreciate that something is brewing.  I think we can all imply that there will be shows in 2020, and he was even kind enough to specify that the Both US shows as well as international shows are in the plans.  I’d love all the insider info as well, but am happy with even these small hints.
    I agree. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,813
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Speaking of Tours...specifically album tours....those are the best. You usually get 8 or 9 new songs. And some of those you will never hear again. They are so special for that reason.  
    Agreed, one of my favourite shows was Buffalo 2013.   2nd show of the LB tour.  They played 9 songs from that album and several of them ( my fathers son, swallowed whole infallible, future days) I haven’t heard since. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,639
    D-Rod said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Speaking of Tours...specifically album tours....those are the best. You usually get 8 or 9 new songs. And some of those you will never hear again. They are so special for that reason.  
    Agreed, one of my favourite shows was Buffalo 2013.   2nd show of the LB tour.  They played 9 songs from that album and several of them ( my fathers son, swallowed whole infallible, future days) I haven’t heard since. 
    Still waiting on Force of Nature to make its first appearance since 2010...
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,256
    Much respect for Dimi for shining some light on this thread!  
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,891
    D-Rod said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Still waiting on Force of Nature to make its first appearance since 2010...
    Amen! My favorite from Backspacer.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,361
    Edved007 said:
    My complete guess based on nothing but my deductive reasoning skills, hopes, and dreams..

1. Album out sometime around the holidays Nov/Dec/Jan (Merry Christmas to the fans maybe?!)
    2. Tour kicks off in AU/NZ in Feb/Mar...maybe get crazy lucky and have couple of Asia dates sprinkled in (aprox 6 shows)
    3. U.S. leg one April/May (aprox 10 shows)
    4. Usual Europe summer/festival circuit June/July (aprox 12 shows)
    5. U.S leg two August/Sept  (aprox 10 shows)
    6. South America dates in Oct/Nov (aprox 10 shows)

I'd think about 40-45 shows overall for a new album "world tour", plenty of break time between legs, time for baseball in Sept/Oct, etc.  Pipe dream maybe, but not outside the realm of possibility I'd say...

So we're clear. This guess based on "nothing but his deductive reasoning skills, hopes, and dreams" is no different than anything else any other random Tenclub member is posting in this or any other thread. To think otherwise is foolish. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    My favorite rumor moment was when the forum was convinced the last night at the Spectrum would include every living Rock and Roll Hall of Famer jumping on stage for a song or two. The band had to jokingly address it on stage that night with something along the lines of "come on, we're not enough for you"?

What I'm trying to say is don't let your imagination wander too much. All in due time. 
    Smart, you are.
    Obvious to most, big things in 2020 might happen.
    Patience, young Jedi's must have....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    @dimitrispearljam You are a Greek God. Love any piece of the puzzle you have. Haters going to hate. Thanks for everything you do for the group. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,304
    CO278952 said:
    With all due respect, and I'm not doubting anything, the light that has been shown is that there may or may not be an album and/or tour next year. We don't know much. 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    NewJPage said:
    CO278952 said:
    With all due respect, and I'm not doubting anything, the light that has been shown is that there may or may not be an album and/or tour next year. We don't know much. 
    He is basically saying the album is done.   To me that is knowing a lot.  Before he said that I didn’t know that an album was basically done.

• Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,004
    Yep, thank you @dimitrispearljam !!
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,971
    Contempt for reputable voices with proven track records is just angry internet nonsense.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,379
    JimmyV said:
    Contempt for reputable voices with proven track records is just angry internet nonsense.
    Exactly. People will complain about anything. Thanks Dimi.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,489
    NewJPage said:
    CO278952 said:
    He is basically saying the album is done.   To me that is knowing a lot.  Before he said that I didn’t know that an album was basically done.

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    D-Rod said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    And the misteps in playing news songs.  Love hearing when the mess up and start over.  Happens with new songs, or a few bottles of wine in.  I really enjoyed that Buffalo show too.  Just not the flooded washroom.
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2016 - 5/5, 5/8, 5/10, 5/12, 8/5, 8/7
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Yup... :)
  • Options
    NewJPage said:
    CO278952 said:

true enough. prior to that, I thought that they had some songs at various stages of completion, if that. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,865
    on2legs said:
    NewJPage said:
    CO278952 said:

:lol:
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,865
    JimmyV said:
    Sho nuff, agreed. Dimi's insights/riddles are much appreciated, especially considering communication is not 10C's strong suit.
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,882
    jjflash said:
    JimmyV said:
    Sho nuff, agreed. Dimi's insights/riddles are much appreciated, especially considering communication is not 10C's strong suit.
    This! I still wonder why we do not get a tiny hint here and there...
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 931
    so nice to wake up today and see some appreciation for Dimi and not a bunch of drama!  
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    NewJPage said:
    CO278952 said:
    Agreed. We’ll know more in the coming months. Logic dictates an album/tour is on the horizon though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,198
    jjflash said:
    JimmyV said:
    They gave us "forthcoming album" when they released Can't Deny Me and now get mocked endlessly for it. I'd clam up until there was something solid, too. Or leak it through a fan so they can take the grief if something changes. 
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    jjflash said:
    JimmyV said:
    They gave us "forthcoming album" when they released Can't Deny Me and now get mocked endlessly for it. I'd clam up until there was something solid, too. Or leak it through a fan so they can take the grief if something changes. 
    To be fair...it remains to be seen if Can't Deny Me still is part of this forthcoming album. 

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,198
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    jjflash said:
    JimmyV said:
    To be fair...it remains to be seen if Can't Deny Me still is part of this forthcoming album. 
    Sure. What I'm saying is they gave us a tease and people haven't cut them any slack. I wouldn't bother either.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    jjflash said:
    JimmyV said:
    Sure. What I'm saying is they gave us a tease and people haven't cut them any slack. I wouldn't bother either.
    I hear you. I just think that particular tease is one that they have (thus far) failed to deliver on. And it has been a while.