Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    verceman said:

Agreed, let's move on and hope we start seeing some venue/date leaks soon. I remember the Louisville rumor and then the pic of the premature sign someone took.

Can't wait!
    Huh?  What was that?
    Sorry, Lexington, back in 2016, someone jumped the gun and posted Pearl Jam in the venue sign and someone here for a pic. 

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,184
    Jesus what the fuck happened in here?!?  Hugh called a bully, people getting bent about Dimi...what the fuck?!?  People need to chill the fuck out and be excited about some solid PJ rumors. 
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,532
    They haven't played XL in Hartford in a while.  Who's that promoter that has an "in?"  Maybe he'll make a couple of phone calls.
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,365
    Do I need to waste my time  to say that information is wrong? 
    And The lyrics aren't done yet? 
    Ha! 

I never said the lyrics weren't done. I'm saying they are waiting on Ed for them. He could have 17 notebooks filled up for all we know. She was saying that they don't know what he has or doesn't have.
    They dont wait anything..as i said in previous post the album is in a different level than waiting ed do lyrics,or rehearsal stuff..or eddie write or record lyrics.
    The only post that matters from this thread today. I really enjoy when Dimi gives us info to read between the lines. I know what I'm getting from this, and I like it.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    Holy shit. I waited all day to read this thread because I saw the numbers of posts growing and growing so I was hoping to lay down and read some amazing news about a tour. Did that happen. Nope. Was I entertained? Sadly, yes. Now we are 6 days from the 10th. Tour or album news. Let’s hope so!!!
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,469
    RP112579 said:
    Do I need to waste my time  to say that information is wrong? 
    And The lyrics aren't done yet? 
    Ha! 

I never said the lyrics weren't done. I'm saying they are waiting on Ed for them. He could have 17 notebooks filled up for all we know. She was saying that they don't know what he has or doesn't have.
    They dont wait anything..as i said in previous post the album is in a different level than waiting ed do lyrics,or rehearsal stuff..or eddie write or record lyrics.
    The only post that matters from this thread today. I really enjoy when Dimi gives us info to read between the lines. I know what I'm getting from this, and I like it.
    You're getting a lot of bullshit with a greek accent. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,304
    Holy shit. I waited all day to read this thread because I saw the numbers of posts growing and growing so I was hoping to lay down and read some amazing news about a tour. Did that happen. Nope. Was I entertained? Sadly, yes. Now we are 6 days from the 10th. Tour or album news. Let’s hope so!!!
    I don't think they've ever announced a tour or album in the monthly newsletter 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    Thanks to the good advice of Dimitris I was able to book my flight back from Taormina a day later and to attend Eddie's second concert, I was also able to plan holidays and organize things for the European tours in 2014 and 2018 ( Krakow !!!). This information is very useful for me and for that I follow him very grateful.

freddie vedder
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    We have begun our second year without a Pearl Jam show.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    JimmyV said:
    Hopefully we’ll have some official information soon.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    fl247556 said:
    Thanks to the good advice of Dimitris I was able to book my flight back from Taormina a day later and to attend Eddie's second concert, I was also able to plan holidays and organize things for the European tours in 2014 and 2018 ( Krakow !!!). This information is very useful for me and for that I follow him very grateful.

Yay!!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    I’m more concerned about them trying to put out a decent album as opposed to another half-assed tour. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,304
    JimmyV said:
    I’m more concerned about them trying to put out a decent album as opposed to another half-assed tour. 
    This. New music is my priority over seeing them play in stadiums
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    This is the tour rumor thread, yes?

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    To me, they go hand in hand. Come out with a new solid record that they want to promote-----you get a much better, longer tour than the stadium slop we've gotten the last few years. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    To me, they go hand in hand. Come out with a new solid record that they want to promote-----you get a much better, longer tour than the stadium slop we've gotten the last few years. 
    You are likely to get a longer tour, but that will come hand in hand with many people shitting all over much of the new music. Seems to happen every time now. 

Also...the stadium shows have been awesome. 

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,093
    Is there a thread for insane behavior that i can litter with tour rumors?
    LMAO
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RS151862 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    JimmyV said:
    This is some of the craziest shit I've read on here in a while.

And, for the record, Hugh has never come across as anything less than a good dude and a decent human being.

I agree. He’s always been nice to me.
    Agreed.  Hugh is one of the best. 
    Eh.. he’s ok. Mid level Canadian at best. 
    this made me laugh. 

thanks for the kind words folks. one thing I've never been called, until today, is a bully. but hey, perception, no matter how skewed, is always someone's reality. 

back to tour rumours! 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    You are likely to get a longer tour, but that will come hand in hand with many people shitting all over much of the new music. Seems to happen every time now. 

Yeah but I said "solid" new record. Should've said "great." I still think there is one last great album in them. THAT'S the tour I want to see. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 431
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

I don't get all the hate when they release new music. I can count on one hand the number of PJ songs I don't like in their whole catalog and there's only 1 from the last two albums on my list. 

I also agree, I went to 3 Fenway stadium shows and thought all 3 were awesome. Of course I prefer an arena but there is something special about a stadium show as well. 
  • Options
    I can list all the songs I don’t like in one hand. Mankind I’m looking at you first. I love this bands catalog and always love when a song comes on during shuffle and I hear it almost for the first time and hits me. This catalog is full of gems. From Ten to Lightning Bolt. But people are going to hate regardless even though they can make anything as great a one note from these guys. 

And PJ is one of the few bands that I want to hear the new stuff live. Can’t wait for all that is to come. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    If their playing Auz in February 2020  an announcement will be in the next 20-30 days 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,563
    Speaking of Tours...specifically album tours....those are the best. You usually get 8 or 9 new songs. And some of those you will never hear again. They are so special for that reason.  
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    JM144705 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

I don't get all the hate when they release new music. I can count on one hand the number of PJ songs I don't like in their whole catalog and there's only 1 from the last two albums on my list. 

I also agree, I went to 3 Fenway stadium shows and thought all 3 were awesome. Of course I prefer an arena but there is something special about a stadium show as well. 
    JM144705 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Neither do I. Sure, there are some songs that I like more than others & even a few that I skip over...but the negativity is ridiculous.

There are other bands/artists out there that are putting out some awesome music. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    JM144705 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

JM144705 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Neither do I. Sure, there are some songs that I like more than others & even a few that I skip over...but the negativity is ridiculous.

There are other bands/artists out there that are putting out some awesome music. 
    I feel like I'm in the minority when I go to a show hoping to hear the new material. All the casuals want all the hits, and that's what I think most bands struggle with. I know I've spoken to a few of my fave bands and they say this all the time "if we play such and such, you're the only one in the crowd that will know it". My favourite, was when I asked Hugh Dillon if they'd ever play Streets of Laredo, off a little known soundtrack. He said "if I say who wants to hear Streets of Laredo, most of the crowd is going to think I'm asking if they want to hear Sheeps Love Tomatoes". 

I think PJ is an anomaly where they know a larger portion of their fans want new songs and/or deeper cuts. 

It doesn't matter the band, to me. I like to hear new stuff live, regardless if it's on the same "level" as previous material. If I wanted the same show over and over, I'd buy the dvd or just watch youtube. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I can list all the songs I don’t like in one hand. Mankind I’m looking at you first. I love this bands catalog and always love when a song comes on during shuffle and I hear it almost for the first time and hits me. This catalog is full of gems. From Ten to Lightning Bolt. But people are going to hate regardless even though they can make anything as great a one note from these guys. 

And PJ is one of the few bands that I want to hear the new stuff live. Can’t wait for all that is to come. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    Jesus what the fuck happened in here?!?  Hugh called a bully, people getting bent about Dimi...what the fuck?!?  People need to chill the fuck out and be excited about some solid PJ rumors. 
    Whenever tour rumors start to heat up, and Dimitri posts what is usually reliable info, somebody has to challenge him. It's never if he'll be challenged just when and by whom.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,567
    Whenever tour rumors start to heat up, and Dimitri posts what is usually reliable info, somebody has to challenge him. It's never if he'll be challenged just when and by whom.
    And he’s still the champ!

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    You’re correct and he seemed very upset yesterday especially about knowing about Woodstock and how he felt about not telling anyone.

And to HFD you’re absolutely correct so I am formally apologizing.  
  • Options
    You’re correct and he seemed very upset yesterday especially about knowing about Woodstock and how he felt about not telling anyone.

And to HFD you’re absolutely correct so I am formally apologizing.  
    fair enough. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com