Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    Micheyb21Micheyb21 UK Posts: 259
    I think it's time start slowly to Google how to get travel visas.. I'm gonna need a few for next year. 
    Haha thanks Dimi!  I will add that New Zealand has introduced a new ETA visa that is $12NZ for all travel there after 1oct2019. Plus a $35NZ conservation levy to pay on top. So should they be visiting that wonderful country this is what you will need. 😄
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
    2019 Dusseldorf & Dublin Ed Solo  
    2022 Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Vienna, Prague, Ams 1 & Ams 2
    2024 Manchester, London, Auckland & Sydney
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    jmug23 said:
      I posted awhile back that my buddy who is somewhat connected with one of the band members that the album was closer to being done than what was being speculated.  He's usually pretty accurate, but our last conversation awhile back was that it was getting close.  I do realize that is pretty ambiguous, but either way I figure I would restate what I was told.  When I see him again ill try and get the lates news on tour locations.  One other thing I figure I would chime in on is that he's been back stage over 20 times and all the band members are always present except ED.  Says he's never seen ED before the show.  Now I realize that means nothing, and there are a multitude of reasons of why ED isn't usually back stage, but just figure I would share some info I found interesting.  Maybe others have had other experiences.  Cheers.
    Good info here
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Mike D88 said:
    I'm not white enough to leave the country and guarantee I can get back in.
    Same here. I actually was harassed by CBP in 2018 when I got back from shows in Barcelona/London/Italy.  I'd prefer to not go through that again.
    I’m so sorry you endured this.  Very sad.
    Thank you. It's important that people know this is happening. I was born here to legal parents and even have Global Entry/pre-check--didnt matter. Only suspicion was that I'm brown. We're at their mercy. 

Narrow minded people don’t even realize that we all came from Africa. Nothing more satisfying than telling a room full of racists they’re actually black when you explain the migration of humans. 
    There are a lot of us out there who know what’s happening and care. I just don’t know if or when it will change because it seems to get worse.
  • Options
    Mike D88 said:
    Same here. I actually was harassed by CBP in 2018 when I got back from shows in Barcelona/London/Italy.  I'd prefer to not go through that again.
    Thank you. It's important that people know this is happening. I was born here to legal parents and even have Global Entry/pre-check--didnt matter. Only suspicion was that I'm brown. We're at their mercy. 

Narrow minded people don’t even realize that we all came from Africa. Nothing more satisfying than telling a room full of racists they’re actually black when you explain the migration of humans. 
    There are a lot of us out there who know what’s happening and care. I just don’t know if or when it will change because it seems to get worse.
    I was with my buddy who is "not white enough" at a show in Boston when I used to live there. He got brought into some internal jail until they released him after the show. We both missed it,  because I ended up with him after I lost my shit after how he was treated. Not a PJ show, but still bullshit. Shouldn't happen.
  • Options
    @dimitrispearljam if you don't like what Charity is telling people, then by all means, send her an email. I am simply relaying information given to me. I have no inside knowledge of what they are doing in the studio. The only thing I know is that Ed was at Easy Street because so was I. The rest is all her. I have been on vacation for 3 weeks and first day back at work far too busy for a back and forth. So you can take it up with her if you want, but I'm out.

Since your comment towards me was unnecessarily rude, I could ask how the late 2018/early 2019 Australian tour turned out, but I won't go there. Or maybe I just did. I guess you're not always right?
    hi,im not having problem with u or anyone else.no worries,,i apologize again for my rude comment,.im sorry.
    as for the information about the whole,i disagree.thats all.i didnt say someone is lying.,.i said is wrong,i disagree.
    as for australia,is different when the band making "plans" than a tour is booked..if i say a tour is booked,i know is booked.if they plan to go somewhere,means are on talks,and everything can change
    like ev solo 2019 in europe..wasnt the plan to go solo..but from the moment the band deside not to go on tour,,he went solo.
    .the plan is already on works for next year..nothing is totaly booked.
    but is there a plan?hell yeah there is one.

PJ at Woodstock is over. Doesn’t sound like anything else planned for the summer except working on the new album. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. As always things can change
    i am OK with this news speaking selfishly of course  ;)
    there was never a thought of doing it...
    now if they went back to telluride again i would be there again 110% for sure. a magical place that is

PJNB said:
    Listening to last year's Fenway 1. The crowd is off the charts incredible on Release. I wish a certain 5 gents enjoyed it as much as we did!
    Chills! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9xBMEFxuog

Fun times for some of us

So this was your “some of us” hint earlier?  A one off show with The Who.  Hmm.....  not very exciting.   
      The night is still young

PJNB said:
    Is it too much to ask to get a heads up when the tour is going to be or if there is going to be one before I pick my vacation? My coworkers already hate me enough when it comes to vacation picks because they know when PJ finally announces their tour I will be scrambling for trades!

🤙🏼
  • Options
    Holy shit. I waited all day to read this thread because I saw the numbers of posts growing and growing so I was hoping to lay down and read some amazing news about a tour. Did that happen. Nope. Was I entertained? Sadly, yes. Now we are 6 days from the 10th. Tour or album news. Let’s hope so!!!
    👊🏼
  • Options
    CO278952 said:
    Much respect for Dimi for shining some light on this thread!  
    🤙🏼
  • Options
    I think it's time start slowly to Google how to get travel visas.. I'm gonna need a few for next year. 

🤙🏼
  • Options
    Brisk. said:
    A list of countries a Greek needs.

VISA:
    Afghanistan 
    Algeria
    Benin
    Bhutan
    Burundi
    Cameroon
    CAR
    Chad
    China
    Congo
    Equatorial Guinea
    Eritrea
    Ghana
    Iraq
    Liberia Libya
    Mali
    Namibia
    Nauru
    Niger
    North Korea
    Pakistan
    Russia
    Saudi Arabia
    Sierra Leone
    South Sudan
    Sudan
    Syria
    Turkministan
    Yemen

eTA VISA:
    Australia
    Canada

Pre Enrollment:
    Cote D'ivoire

eVISA
    India

I got a feeling the mind blowing part is Russia.
    Dimi has posted in the past that he is subject to different passport requirements than many of his countrymen due to his profession.  I would venture to say the same is probably true for visas.  I’ll let someone else research it but the list where HE needs a visa is probably longer than the above list.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,898
    Mike D88 said:

I was with my buddy who is "not white enough" at a show in Boston when I used to live there. He got brought into some internal jail until they released him after the show. We both missed it,  because I ended up with him after I lost my shit after how he was treated. Not a PJ show, but still bullshit. Shouldn't happen.
    Awful. Scary times. If he's re-elected, I really don't think I'll be able stay because it will be downhill fast from there. I'm sorry you and your friend had to experience that. 

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,674
    edited September 2019
    Have to wonder if something crazy is coming, similar to the RHCP playing the Pyramids in Egypt

or, again.... Tokyo
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,037
    Have to wonder if something crazy is coming, similar to the RHCP playing the Pyramids in Egypt

or, again.... Tokyo
    I’d be happy with downtown Melbourne 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,060

or, again.... Tokyo
    How well do you think Pearl Jam would sell in Australia? I know they had the BDO festivals but are we talking arena sell outs here or stadiums? 
  • Options
    I'd say one stadium show in the main cities would sell out.  

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,037
    edited September 2019
    PJNB said:

or, again.... Tokyo
    How well do you think Pearl Jam would sell in Australia? I know they had the BDO festivals but are we talking arena sell outs here or stadiums? 
    In 2009 they played one large stadium show per city. In previous tours they would play 2-3 smaller arena shows per city. With the way they tour these days I’d say they’d easily fill a larger stadium per city again. Here in Melbourne they got around 50,000 in attendance. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    PJNB said:

or, again.... Tokyo
    In 2009 they played one large stadium show per city. In previous tours they would play 2-3 smaller arena shows per city. With the way they tour these days I’d say they’d easily fill a larger stadium per city again. Here in Melbourne they got around 50,000 in attendance. 
    Awesome. Hope you guys get your rumoured shows as well as the NA tour. 
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    What’s going on f*ckers!!!
  • Options
    There have been some arguments.  Some hurt feelings.  Mistrust.  A few reconciliations.  
  • Options
    There have been some arguments.  Some hurt feelings.  Mistrust.  A few reconciliations.  
    Carry on.....  😂 
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    We have begun our second year without a Pearl Jam show.
    I’m more concerned about them trying to put out a decent album as opposed to another half-assed tour. 
    Yeah I agree ☝️ 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    These guys and half assed tour do not go together imo. Small tour yes. Half assed nah. 
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,898
    PJNB said:
    These guys and half assed tour do not go together imo. Small tour yes. Half assed nah. 
    👆👆👆
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,678
    Still...better than Dave A treatment.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Can’t wait to see the Black Keys in October, oh wrong thread 
  • Options
    Re Visa requirements. FYI last time I went back home to Australia, we realized my partner's Aussie visitor visa had expired (he's Canadian citizen). We were at check-in, our bags labelled and were freaking out. The kind Air Canada agent said let's update your info (tapped away at her keyboard)...we waited a bit...she said I think it's good, but double check when you connect in San Francisco. We did and it was good, the visa is electronic, and my partner was good to enter Australia. BUT, to be safe, IF an Australia tour is announced, and you want to try and catch an Aussie show: wait until you're confirmed as going (eg lotto draw or you get a ticketbastard ticket), then immediately go and apply for your visa online via the Australia consulate. It's quick and easy but costs I think about $25AUD. My partner was lucky it went through quickly but it was pretty nerve wracking lol. I am not sure when Australia started demanding this, but I sense it's a bit of a "tit for tat" betwen countries eg I have to fill in a "visa waiver" if I drive across the Canadian/US border on my Australia passport. And, I need to apply and pay for "ESTA" clearance if I'm entering the USA on my Aussie passport (introduced under the Obama administration). Shortly after, Australia demanded an equivalent, and shortly after that Canada did as well. 
    All that to say, any fans planning on traveling overseas, besides getting a passport, check the country requirement so you don't have any nasty surprises when you check-in to fly (you'd be amazed how many people I've seen pulled aside with issues because they didn't check beforehand).
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    SALLYROO said:
    Re Visa requirements. FYI last time I went back home to Australia, we realized my partner's Aussie visitor visa had expired (he's Canadian citizen). We were at check-in, our bags labelled and were freaking out. The kind Air Canada agent said let's update your info (tapped away at her keyboard)...we waited a bit...she said I think it's good, but double check when you connect in San Francisco. We did and it was good, the visa is electronic, and my partner was good to enter Australia. BUT, to be safe, IF an Australia tour is announced, and you want to try and catch an Aussie show: wait until you're confirmed as going (eg lotto draw or you get a ticketbastard ticket), then immediately go and apply for your visa online via the Australia consulate. It's quick and easy but costs I think about $25AUD. My partner was lucky it went through quickly but it was pretty nerve wracking lol. I am not sure when Australia started demanding this, but I sense it's a bit of a "tit for tat" betwen countries eg I have to fill in a "visa waiver" if I drive across the Canadian/US border on my Australia passport. And, I need to apply and pay for "ESTA" clearance if I'm entering the USA on my Aussie passport (introduced under the Obama administration). Shortly after, Australia demanded an equivalent, and shortly after that Canada did as well. 
    All that to say, any fans planning on traveling overseas, besides getting a passport, check the country requirement so you don't have any nasty surprises when you check-in to fly (you'd be amazed how many people I've seen pulled aside with issues because they didn't check beforehand).
    You got a kind Air Canada agent? 

Wow. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:
    Still...better than Dave A treatment.
     :o 
  • Options
    Dimi - any insight as to seasons they’ll play US?
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,561
    Where do we have to live to not have to search Google on how to get a travel visas?
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,640

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11