Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    My bet is this is from a new music video from Danny Clinch for a new single.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Looks to be a US tour!!! Can’t wait!!!!

Maybe Vote for Change 2020. 

Would be awesome but but I want full PJ shows. 
    I thought USA tour as well! Hope we are correct!
  • Options
    Me too!!!!!!
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    🎵

America, America...Mike melt faces on thee...

🎵

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    I was in Seattle a week or two ago and did the Stalking Seattle tour. Charity said that she has talked to both Mike and Stone several times this summer, and the music is finished. They are waiting on Eddie for lyrics, and he doesn't talk to the rest of the band unless they are touring, according to her. I also know that Ed was in town since he was at Easy Street. 

This is all I heard and am only relaying what was told to me. But if true, then new music and tour next year seems possible. Worst case scenario is we get an instrumental album, LOL. 
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    I was in Seattle a week or two ago and did the Stalking Seattle tour. Charity said that she has talked to both Mike and Stone several times this summer, and the music is finished. They are waiting on Eddie for lyrics, and he doesn't talk to the rest of the band unless they are touring, according to her. I also know that Ed was in town since he was at Easy Street. 

This is all I heard and am only relaying what was told to me. But if true, then new music and tour next year seems possible. Worst case scenario is we get an instrumental album, LOL. 
    Fear Inoculum-instrumental. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    If Mike and Stone did say that Ed only talks to them on tour, it almost certainly had to be in tongue in cheek. This is a legendarily private band. I doubt they are just casually airing out dirty laundry. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options

"Doesn't talk to the band unless touring"  Sounds like the Rolling Stones in the making.  Fine on stage but fighting off it.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837

:s 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I also don't talk to anyone I work with unless I'm at work. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931

"Doesn't talk to the band unless touring"  Sounds like the Rolling Stones in the making.  Fine on stage but fighting off it.
    I sure hope that isn’t true. It would be extremely disappointing if so. 
  • Options
    dankind said:

not at all the same environment. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind said:

not at all the same environment. 
    "Hell is other people."

In any environment.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    I'm just the messenger. She sees "Stoney" as she calls him at Starbucks all the time after he drops his kid(s) off at school. Don't think she'd have anything to gain by lying about it. Maybe they lied to her, who knows? That's why this is a rumor thread, right?
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    bbiggs said:

Without reading into it, not talking to to each other could very well mean not hanging out with each other. Multiple times they have all said they go their own separate ways when not on the road. 

But again, I am not going to read too much into it. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,159
    Do I need to waste my time  to say that information is wrong? 
    And The lyrics aren't done yet? 
    Ha! 

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    bbiggs said:

Without reading into it, not talking to to each other could very well mean not hanging out with each other. Multiple times they have all said they go their own separate ways when not on the road. 

I hear you and I agree.  I guess what would be disappointing is if they didn’t like one another but put on smiley faces on stage. I hope they’re at least still friends that take breaks from hanging out. Who knows. Maybe I’m naive. 
  • Options
    Ha! 

I never said the lyrics weren't done. I'm saying they are waiting on Ed for them. He could have 17 notebooks filled up for all we know. She was saying that they don't know what he has or doesn't have.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,883
    bbiggs said:

The older I get, the less I talk to/see my brothers too.
    Can we end this part of the conversation right here so that the thread doesn't get locked?
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    I'm saying they are waiting on Ed for them. He could have 17 notebooks filled up for all we know. She was saying that they don't know what he has or doesn't have.
    Can't wait to read the new EV lyrics. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    Are we sure it will be Eddies lyrics in the end and not Bob Kulicks?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Ha! 

I never said the lyrics weren't done. I'm saying they are waiting on Ed for them. He could have 17 notebooks filled up for all we know. She was saying that they don't know what he has or doesn't have.
    They dont wait anything..as i said in previous post the album is in a different level than waiting ed do lyrics,or rehearsal stuff..or eddie write or record lyrics.
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,924
    So editing, post production or whatever term is used for when an album is finished but they need to clean it up a bit before releasing it?  Maybe they are waiting on Jeff for the artwork? :):):)

Dimi got me all exited here on a Wednesday afternoon.  
  • Options
    Ha! 

we know you know the ins and outs, but there's no need to be obnoxious about it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dankind said:

YOU ARE incorrect sir.  Nobody wants to talk to you...
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/266838/the-you-are-thread#latest
  • Options
    Ha! 

we know you know the ins and outs, but there's no need to be obnoxious about it. 
     u are right.my comment wasnt cool,i apologize.
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 529
    Seems obligatory that it’s posted that today is officially 1 calendar year since last show
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    @dimitrispearljam if you don't like what Charity is telling people, then by all means, send her an email. I am simply relaying information given to me. I have no inside knowledge of what they are doing in the studio. The only thing I know is that Ed was at Easy Street because so was I. The rest is all her. I have been on vacation for 3 weeks and first day back at work far too busy for a back and forth. So you can take it up with her if you want, but I'm out.

Since your comment towards me was unnecessarily rude, I could ask how the late 2018/early 2019 Australian tour turned out, but I won't go there. Or maybe I just did. I guess you're not always right?
  • Options
    @dimitrispearljam if you don't like what Charity is telling people, then by all means, send her an email. I am simply relaying information given to me. I have no inside knowledge of what they are doing in the studio. The only thing I know is that Ed was at Easy Street because so was I. The rest is all her. I have been on vacation for 3 weeks and first day back at work far too busy for a back and forth. So you can take it up with her if you want, but I'm out.

Since your comment towards me was unnecessarily rude, I could ask how the late 2018/early 2019 Australian tour turned out, but I won't go there. Or maybe I just did. I guess you're not always right?
    he apologized. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Ha! 

u are right.my comment wasnt cool,i apologize.
    Mrs here. I imagine it gets a little frustrating having everyone question you all the time. I believe you pass information that you receive and are permitted to pass. You must be a very patient and tolerant person to continue posting your information because if it were me I wouldn’t tell us anything! But I think you reveal what they allow or that you are closer to the inside then we know. No matter which, thank you for always sharing and it was nice of you to apologize even though you were justified in your response. As for what Stone said I don’t think the person who spoke with him lied but let’s face it I don’t think they ever have or ever will really tell the “truth” and they probly love each other like family so of course they will disagree because whose family doesn’t? 

One more thought....do you really think they would continue to allow him to leak info if it wasn’t directly approved by them? You get from him what they want and we should just be thankful and quit questioning him.