Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 302
    JimmyV said:
    in other news,.no news about pj shows this year..
    Well...shit.
    What's the latest a US tour has been announced? I remember Fall 2014 was announced in May.
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    Please Play Cincy!
    Twice! 
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,849
    chiefnjk said:
    JimmyV said:
    in other news,.no news about pj shows this year..
    Well...shit.
    What's the latest a US tour has been announced? I remember Fall 2014 was announced in May.
    2013 was July but there was plenty of new album and tour rumours going around at this point plus they said more to come after the Wrigley/London show announcement. 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Looks like Ed and Jeff were together a couple nights ago in Seattle.  Hopefully Jeff told him to get his shit together and get back in the stuido, lol.  Best case scenario, it's close to being done, they get back in the studio when Ed comes home from Europe (or before he goes?), and album is released in late 2019. Wishful thinking?

I hope you are right. Someone was talking recently about Ed and Mike not at the Chris Cornell show. Ed maybe I get, but not really. Chris was the first to extend his hand out to him, inviting him to sing on TOTD. He didn't have to do that 

Mike I really don't get as he was in TOTD.

If they had scheduling issues or tribute shows aren't their thing, just say so? 

I swear no judgement. If I were a rock star, maybe I'd skip it too. But no show and no comment, just another brick in the bizarre forthcomingless year's wall.
    Why do we need a comment from them though?  It's really none of our business why they weren't in attendance, and honestly it's not our business to even know that they weren't.  The public isn't owed anything.
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,853
    No PJ for the rest of 2019, but are there any EV shows after Europe? It's been what, seven years since his last tour of the US? Just so we're on the same page, two random solo EV shows in the US or a secret charity event doesn't count as a tour.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,162
    Looks like Ed and Jeff were together a couple nights ago in Seattle.  Hopefully Jeff told him to get his shit together and get back in the stuido, lol.  Best case scenario, it's close to being done, they get back in the studio when Ed comes home from Europe (or before he goes?), and album is released in late 2019. Wishful thinking?

I hope you are right. Someone was talking recently about Ed and Mike not at the Chris Cornell show. Ed maybe I get, but not really. Chris was the first to extend his hand out to him, inviting him to sing on TOTD. He didn't have to do that 

Mike I really don't get as he was in TOTD.

If they had scheduling issues or tribute shows aren't their thing, just say so? 

I swear no judgement. If I were a rock star, maybe I'd skip it too. But no show and no comment, just another brick in the bizarre forthcomingless year's wall.
    Why do we need a comment from them though?  It's really none of our business why they weren't in attendance, and honestly it's not our business to even know that they weren't.  The public isn't owed anything.

Commenting and expecting are different things?

I'm certainly not owed anything.

Directly acknowledging  people important to your success publicly in their passing to the community as a whole, maybe that's something. And if not, so be it.

Not to worry, Ed and Jeff were at the Nick Mason show arm and arm, so all is good and the album is getting closer. If there is one coming, that's a true statement.
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 529
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    DM282158 said:
    We haven’t done anything since we were on the road last year,” he says. “I’m not sure what we’re doing. I’d love to do something, but I don’t have anything right now on the table. We just had a big touring year last year, and two giant shows in Seattle for a homeless benefit. And those were amazing and exhausting and exhilarating. When we all get back together, I’m sure we’ll be creating again. But I don’t have any timeline on that right now.:angry:

Ugh 

lol not sure how the angry emoticon popped in there with the copy and paste but its fitting. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,948
    Mike is the one I trust to be most honest about what is happening, too. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Similar to Stone and Jeff.  Ed's awol. 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    PJNB said:
    DM282158 said:
    We haven’t done anything since we were on the road last year,” he says. “I’m not sure what we’re doing. I’d love to do something, but I don’t have anything right now on the table. We just had a big touring year last year, and two giant shows in Seattle for a homeless benefit. And those were amazing and exhausting and exhilarating. When we all get back together, I’m sure we’ll be creating again. But I don’t have any timeline on that right now.:angry:

Ugh 

lol not sure how the angry emoticon popped in there with the copy and paste but its fitting. 
    Wow. Reading that, I no longer think it’s too early to chalk up 2019 as a lost year. Obviously hope to be proven wrong. 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,127
    Get_Right said:
    Similar to Stone and Jeff.  Ed's awol. 
    Could be Matt or Boom. I tend to blame the new guys.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,860
    PJNB said:
    DM282158 said:

Ugh 

That nearly makes me want to have this thread closed. 

I feel bad for the guys in the band that make a fraction of what Ed does.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    DM282158 said:

Ugh 

Skip 2020 and start a 2021 thread lol. 
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,975
    Closing....
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,473
    bbiggs said:
    PJNB said:
    DM282158 said:

Ugh 

Wow. Reading that, I no longer think it’s too early to chalk up 2019 as a lost year. Obviously hope to be proven wrong. 
    You may be right. Not looking good.

Time for a 2020 Album/Tour thread?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    I’m sure no one thought they go on for ever , put a fork in them they are done ! In other news there’s plenty of new bands out these days that are really great get to know them ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    I’m sure no one thought they go on for ever , put a fork in them they are done ! In other news there’s plenty of new bands out these days that are really great get to know them ...

But they are not...

Pearl

Jam 

• Options
    PJNB said:
    DM282158 said:

Ugh 

This thread is a good "gathering place" to discuss general current events speculation. Since it appears we are in the midst of another 1 to 2 year pause, there is not much to speculate. But maybe things change soon. Always fun to speculate

The CDM press release gets more confusing with today's quote. Maybe they had a bunch of songs that they decided to trash? 

The homeless benefit was a great cause, reading that they consider a 26 show year as exhausting or a busy year... I'm grateful for that effort but that seems to be a standard year compared to other bands, even those in their 50s.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,860

But they are not...

Pearl

Jam 

B
    I
    N
    G
    O

"A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,357
    edited March 2019

But they are not...

Pearl

Jam 

B
    I
    N
    G
    O

Exactly. You can ask/tell me to go and watch somebody else but nothing beats a Pearl Jam concert. The fans are better....the mystery of the setlist is better...the overall band performance is better....

PEARL JAM.
  • Options
    PEARL JAM!

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Stop claiming that the band is done and quit blaming everything on Ed.  None of us know jack shit.  Quit whining and being so damn doom-and-gloomy.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,091
    Stop claiming that the band is done and quit blaming everything on Ed.  None of us know jack shit.  Quit whining and being so damn doom-and-gloomy.
    This. 
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,304
    I don't think the band has quit but it's pretty clear ed is not committed. He has released 1 song in 6 years. Others still active musicians 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    edited March 2019
    Petition for Pearl Jam to tour Australia and New Zealand in 2020.   #PJ2020

https://www.change.org/p/pearl-jam-pearl-jam-to-tour-australia-new-zealand-2020

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,216
    E.K said:

I dont think needs a petition for 2020...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    E.K said:

The Aussies do.  Sign it please Dimitris.  Then you can come here when they tour in 2020.  :)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,216
    E.K said:
    E.K said:

The Aussies do.  Sign it please Dimitris.  Then you can come here when they tour in 2020.  :)
    i will be there.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Mikemzl91Mikemzl91 Posts: 484
    edited March 2019
    Me too