2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,156
    kst said:
    pjl44 said:
    kst said:
    Not that PJ was likely to appear there but Bourbon and Beyond announced their lineup and there is no EV.
    It's a good ass lineup
    True.
    Pilgrimage also just announced and no EV there either.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    They are not a current band. They are a legacy act.    A damn good legacy act with amazing live shows, but it is beyond official at this point.   Just accept it.   Current bands release more than one record every six years. 
    Totally agree. The band is there for financial security at this point, but certainly isn't Ed's focus. Ed is clearly charting out his post-band solo career, and that is and has been his focus. PJ are absolutely a legacy act at this point. They aren't relevant in terms of doing anything interesting or new. They still put on a hell of a show (of old songs), and will still sell out large venues for the foreseeable future, but to think they're somehow current and relevant at this point is a bit delusional. Now, I'm 50+ and most of my favorite bands are legacy acts at this point, lol, so it isn't necessarily a knock. It is just an acknowledgement of the current state of the band.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 337
    We also tend to forget these guys are all multimillionaires and live lifestyles we can't even conceive, they all have celebrity friends they hang out with and are just completely disconnected from who they used to be... 
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,546
    What points to Ed charting a solo career? A few shows each year? It’s not like he’s releasing solo albums either. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Carrie Underwood and Eddie Vedder in "Ill Be Home For Christmas and 11 other Holiday Hits".  Sold in Walmart stores everywhere
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    ComeToTX said:
    What points to Ed charting a solo career? A few shows each year? It’s not like he’s releasing solo albums either. 
    I think by "solo career" he meant going to cubs games. Seems to be his main priority. 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,527
    A band gets together to write and play music.  A band that records new music every 5 to 6 years is a hobby.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,730
    NewJPage said:
    ComeToTX said:
    I think by "solo career" he meant going to cubs games. Seems to be his main priority. 
    That is a good priority if said priority is no longer the band.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,470
    my_wave said:
    We also tend to forget these guys are all multimillionaires and live lifestyles we can't even conceive, they all have celebrity friends they hang out with and are just completely disconnected from who they used to be... 
    They have been multimillionaires since the nineties.  Its not about that.
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,762
    This board needs a therapy session for aging and coming to grips with the change it brings.

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,470
    PB11041 said:
    This board needs a therapy session for aging and coming to grips with the change it brings.

That and being in the same band for close to 30 years.
  • CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    PB11041 said:

It’s a bitter pill to swallow. I spent so many years struggling not just to see them, but to even afford their music. I remember waiting tables on the day no code came out and taking a break to run and buy the album once I made enough money so I could listen to it in my car in between my split shift. I couldn’t even afford the $10 membership for years until 2000. I’ve finally found myself in a place where I can not only see them but travel if needed; only to find that they’ve aged right along with me and their priorities aren’t exactly aligned with my desire to follow them on an extended US tour right now. I’ll never stop loving this band. Whether you cal them a legacy act or not makes no difference to me. They were there for my entire adult life. Their choice is their own, but if they do make new music, I will buy it on the first day. And if they tour, I will be there. And if they don’t, it will suck.  But life will go on and I’ll still have my memories until they, too fade away.
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 704
    CW55354 said:
    PB11041 said:

It’s a bitter pill to swallow. I spent so many years struggling not just to see them, but to even afford their music. I remember waiting tables on the day no code came out and taking a break to run and buy the album once I made enough money so I could listen to it in my car in between my split shift. I couldn’t even afford the $10 membership for years until 2000. I’ve finally found myself in a place where I can not only see them but travel if needed; only to find that they’ve aged right along with me and their priorities aren’t exactly aligned with my desire to follow them on an extended US tour right now. I’ll never stop loving this band. Whether you cal them a legacy act or not makes no difference to me. They were there for my entire adult life. Their choice is their own, but if they do make new music, I will buy it on the first day. And if they tour, I will be there. And if they don’t, it will suck.  But life will go on and I’ll still have my memories until they, too fade away.
    Well said.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,109
    edited March 2019
    PB11041 said:

Some of us have had previous love affairs with bands. My guilty pleasure, it may be obvious, was Rush, who retired fairly suddenly in 2015.  So I am a bit familiar with adjusting to aging musicians

Of  course rush never reached the stratosphere of success like PJ, but they did take a 5 year hiatus for Neil dealing with family tragedies. Other than that, they treated their band like an important job

2 of every 3 years they hit the road to bond with those that made them wealthy and once every few years they released a new album. No drama Obama.

They went out of their way to be upfront as possible with their fans. Mysterious plans, press releases that turn out to be false with limited subsequent clarification, zero news updates after stating it was going to be the year of a new release. PJ and Tool, must be something to do about bands born in the 60s... 
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,141
    PB11041 said:

I see it this way,when rthings are slow,,no album,no tour,fans get in this mood of wating news,get bored,complain about tour,new music..
    then when things get busy,tour,new album,,they get intoi this debate if thye like new album or not,,,or like the dates or not..complain about places,get excited about places..its in human nature all those reactions..
    common sence is the best way to go..
    if we all had same reaction or we was all the same life would be weird.

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • weremin23weremin23 Posts: 307
    PB11041 said:

You should see the Springsteen message board during times like this. Those “fans” are horrific to each other. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited March 2019
    PB11041 said:

I see it this way,when rthings are slow,,no album,no tour,fans get in this mood of wating news,get bored,complain about tour,new music..
    then when things get busy,tour,new album,,they get intoi this debate if thye like new album or not,,,or like the dates or not..complain about places,get excited about places..its in human nature all those reactions..

YOU'RE weird!

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/266838/the-you-are-thread#latest
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    PB11041 said:

Yeah, I get it, I am not suggesting everyone agree on everything and be happy about everything.  But, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once, so if someone wants me to be their rock band psychologist I will gladly help them through these dark dark times. 

In the meantime, I am just going to keep looking for signs and hope that things bare fruit...

• CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,895
    Looks like Ed and Jeff were together a couple nights ago in Seattle.  Hopefully Jeff told him to get his shit together and get back in the stuido, lol.  Best case scenario, it's close to being done, they get back in the studio when Ed comes home from Europe (or before he goes?), and album is released in late 2019. Wishful thinking?
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    PB11041 said:
    Yeah, I get it, I am not suggesting everyone agree on everything and be happy about everything.  But, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once, so if someone wants me to be their rock band psychologist I will gladly help them through these dark dark times. 

In the meantime, I am just going to keep looking for signs and hope that things bare fruit...

Your HIE credentials are quite impressive...
    if I should ever find myself in need of a "rock band psychologist" I know exactly who to turn to!!
    Best of luck with your fruit hunt...
    I hope you find what you're looking for. :rofl:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,867
    Looks like Ed and Jeff were together a couple nights ago in Seattle.  Hopefully Jeff told him to get his shit together and get back in the stuido, lol.  Best case scenario, it's close to being done, they get back in the studio when Ed comes home from Europe (or before he goes?), and album is released in late 2019. Wishful thinking?
    Maybe, but if it is wishful thinking plenty of us are right there with you.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,141
    in other news,.no news about pj shows this year..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    derbydave said:
    PB11041 said:

Your HIE credentials are quite impressive...
    if I should ever find myself in need of a "rock band psychologist" I know exactly who to turn to!!
    Best of luck with your fruit hunt...
    I hope you find what you're looking for. :rofl:
    All I really wanted was a cup of coffee

• kaw753kaw753 Posts: 746
    Black Keys and Modest Mouse announced a tour. They are the headliners for Saturday night at Life is Beautiful in Vegas, so one more slot to strike off your list. I had instituted a no more music festival life rule after Innings, but I guess I am back.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,791
    Please Play Cincy!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    kaw753 said:
    Black Keys and Modest Mouse announced a tour. They are the headliners for Saturday night at Life is Beautiful in Vegas, so one more slot to strike off your list. I had instituted a no more music festival life rule after Innings, but I guess I am back.

that Vegas date is a festival??

• kaw753kaw753 Posts: 746
    Jbarker said:
    kaw753 said:

that Vegas date is a festival??

Sadly, it appears that way. No venue is listed and clicking on the ticket info link brings you to Life is Beautiful. 
  • JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557

yeah. seeing that now. frig.

just assumed that "Life is Beautiful" was another in the long list of ridiculous arena names... 

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,867
    in other news,.no news about pj shows this year..
    Well...shit.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,109

I hope you are right. Someone was talking recently about Ed and Mike not at the Chris Cornell show. Ed maybe I get, but not really. Chris was the first to extend his hand out to him, inviting him to sing on TOTD. He didn't have to do that 

Mike I really don't get as he was in TOTD.

If they had scheduling issues or tribute shows aren't their thing, just say so? 

I swear no judgement. If I were a rock star, maybe I'd skip it too. But no show and no comment, just another brick in the bizarre forthcomingless year's wall.