Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

Opioid Addiction in the US, Heroin and Oxys

12346»

Comments

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MNPosts: 3,966
    100K deaths in a year.  Holy cow.

Fentanyl seems to be the leading cause of this.  I still ask why you would want to kill off your buyers by using that stuff?

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2021-11-17/us-overdose-deaths-topped-100-000-in-one-year-officials-say
    I guess I'm blissfully ignorant in that I don't even know what Fentanyl is. (I've hear of it but I don't know a damn thing about it).

Drugs have passed me by...
    1995 Milwaukee
    1998 Alpine, Alpine
    2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston
    2004 Boston, Boston
    2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)
    2011 Alpine, Alpine
    2013 Wrigley
    2014 St. Paul
    2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley
    2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley
    2021 Asbury Park
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South PhillyPosts: 14,196
    OnWis97 said:

Fentanyl seems to be the leading cause of this.  I still ask why you would want to kill off your buyers by using that stuff?

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2021-11-17/us-overdose-deaths-topped-100-000-in-one-year-officials-say
    I guess I'm blissfully ignorant in that I don't even know what Fentanyl is. (I've hear of it but I don't know a damn thing about it).

The equivalent of 3 rice grains of synthetic fentanyl will kill you. Don't worry I'm sure it'll be ravaging a town near you sooner than later.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 23,196
    OnWis97 said:

The equivalent of 3 rice grains of synthetic fentanyl will kill you. Don't worry I'm sure it'll be ravaging a town near you sooner than later.

its like heroin thats on steroids x10
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 29,198
    OnWis97 said:

If you have kids coming of age it's definitely something you would want to have an understanding about. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 29,198
    If anyone is a jeopardy fan Perdue Pharma was a Question last night.
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MNPosts: 3,966
    edited November 24
    OnWis97 said:

If you have kids coming of age it's definitely something you would want to have an understanding about. 
    Reason # 643 I am glad not to have kids.
    1995 Milwaukee
    1998 Alpine, Alpine
    2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston
    2004 Boston, Boston
    2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)
    2011 Alpine, Alpine
    2013 Wrigley
    2014 St. Paul
    2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley
    2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley
    2021 Asbury Park
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 23,878
    I’m given Fentanyl every time I have an endoscopy. It’s controlled in that setting.

To use it at your discretion, willy-nilly? Just seems stupid to me.

Then again, I’m more aware of my mortality now — and the consequences of my life choices — than I was in my teens or even early 20s. 
    That's a different type of fentanyl. That's the kind they give women, like my wife, when going into labor with an epidural.

Synthetic fentanyl is shipped here in droves from Mexico and China from production plants where it's made stupid cheap and is nearly untraceable.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BCPosts: 12,550
    That's a different type of fentanyl. That's the kind they give women, like my wife, when going into labor with an epidural.

Synthetic fentanyl is shipped here in droves from Mexico and China from production plants where it's made stupid cheap and is nearly untraceable.
    All fentanyl is synthetic, but you’re correct that the illicit fentanyl imported for the street drug trade is of much lower quality and more dangerous than the pharmaceutical grade fentanyl used in medical applications. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Got it. Yeah the anesthesiologist told us it's definitely not what's on the street.