Opioid Addiction in the US, Heroin and Oxys

124»

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 20,439
    Ty for posting everyone!!!
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business...Posts: 7,267
    Not much can be done about the opioid crisis.  Nice work big pharma.  Should take all these executives responsible for this bullshit and start pumping the product into them...get them assholes addicted to their poison.  
  • Renfield said:
    I just heard this on the radio.  That is crazy.  I guess they knew that more lawsuits would be coming so time to close up shop.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 15,716
    Renfield said:
    I just heard this on the radio.  That is crazy.  I guess they knew that more lawsuits would be coming so time to close up shop.
    no, its part of current settlements. Closing of Perdue and another equivalent in UK.

some states arent agreeing to the setlkement in the works. Largely due to the billions siphoned off by the Sacklers over recent years. States are saying their personal part of the settlement doesnt reflect that well enough.  IIRC they've siphoned off in the neighborhood of 5-6 billion? Settlememt would require them to kick in personally about 1.5 I think it said?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat said:
    Renfield said:
    no, its part of current settlements. Closing of Perdue and another equivalent in UK.

some states arent agreeing to the setlkement in the works. Largely due to the billions siphoned off by the Sacklers over recent years. States are saying their personal part of the settlement doesnt reflect that well enough.  IIRC they've siphoned off in the neighborhood of 5-6 billion? Settlememt would require them to kick in personally about 1.5 I think it said?
    I read the article and didn't realize that they had settlements in the works. 
    The filing for Ch11 is going to shield them from any further lawsuits but it seems that other AG's want to go after the Sacklers' personal assets.  Can they do that?  I thought the whole purpose of filing for Bankruptcy was to be shielded from other debts/lawsuits?  
    mickeyrat said:
    Renfield said:

The filing for Ch11 is going to shield them from any further lawsuits but it seems that other AG's want to go after the Sacklers' personal assets.  Can they do that?  I thought the whole purpose of filing for Bankruptcy was to be shielded from other debts/lawsuits?  
    would chap 11 be allowed to go through with pending lawsuits in the courts for years ?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Renfield said:

would chap 11 be allowed to go through with pending lawsuits in the courts for years ?
    That's what I'm confused about.  I believe they did file and settle to avoid having to pay more.  The Ch11 should protect them now.

That is my understanding of it but i guess we will see.
    edited September 16
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Renfield said:

That's what I'm confused about.  I believe they did file and settle to avoid having to pay more.  The Ch11 should protect them now.

previous page post dated 8-31 links a nyt article. I posted the whole article.  it lays out some of the scenarios.

so however it ends up shaking out, Purdue Pharma is dead. Question I have would the family be prohibited from starting up again.

Purdue Pharma Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy https://nyti.ms/303j7Rw

• mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Renfield said:

previous page post dated 8-31 links a nyt article. I posted the whole article.  it lays out some of the scenarios.

so however it ends up shaking out, Purdue Pharma is dead. Question I have would the family be prohibited from starting up again.
    I could have sworn I heard on the radio that when they sell both companies they will not be allowed to start up another Pharmaceutical company.
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Renfield said:

I could have sworn I heard on the radio that when they sell both companies they will not be allowed to start up another Pharmaceutical company.
    cynical me says yes, on paper but in practice?