Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    Regarding the verified fan thing - it's really a way for TM to limit the strain on their servers. I signed up for Springsteen on Broadway...first 2 blocks of shows I received no code. I couldn't even try for tickets. For the most recent block I got a code 2 hours after they went on sale and was able to grab a pair for a show.

Not sure how many they will let in for this, but I would bet that if you get a code and are on top of it (refreshing right on time, etc) you are likely to get seats somewhere.

But the verified fan things is frustrating cause it's essentially another lottery.
  • Options
    The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 539
    wonder if the full band will play Ohana Fest since Ed has the past two years in a row. at the very least he should be back.
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,117
    riley540 said:
    I emailed the 10c and they said tickets are $85 - $112 before fees on this tour. I’m happy to pay as its worth every penny, but why do you think the steeper prices? 2013 - 2016 was quite a bit more affordable for tickets. Not conplaining! Just curious 

Steeper prices? Fans here must know what other major acts charge for prime concert seats?

Well....if I were smart enough to sign up 26 years ago, and could score tenth row, year after year,  city after city, I'd probably just stick with the one band as well!
  • Options
    raceslaracesla Posts: 7
    edited January 2018
    Here's some shots of McCartney, and the Stones in Missoula at the Griz Stadium for those wondering what the layout is like. All floor seats will be GA. Really a great place to see an outdoor stadium show. Plus it's a home show for Jeff!
    Post edited by racesla on
  • Options
    ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    Chadplam said:
    for the record..u guys has ticket buddies..if u both enter lotto...u need to be carefull!!
    cos if one win ga and ther other wins seated.,,.u cant sell the extra pair!!1
    by saying that means,,if u want to go ga u cant sell the extra seated pair,cos u will have it in your phone and cant transfer the p[airm,but only one..
    tha means if ticket buddies enter the lotto better choose both only ga or both only seated..
    dimi if thats the case, what if I sell my single and my friend sells his single, but once in the venue my friend and I go to Seated and I walk them to the pit or vice versa?

nope,cos u need a wridtband to go to the pit,which u will not have
    gotcha thanks, first timer here
    2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
  • Options
    ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    For Montana, if the stage is on the north side, like this diagram suggests, what sections would seated 10C tickets be in? its not like the first five rows of each section is it? It would be more like section 103,104,126,125 scenario correct? Sorry for the dumb questions, thanks.
    2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    Renfield said:
    Happy they announced the dates, but I’m sure gonna miss this thread   =) 
    Unless more shows are announced for the fall
    EV does not tour in the fall after South America 2015
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 649
    93xxx Night one
    Row 10 middle section
    i think I was far away
    A huge GA, huge aisles behind GA
  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited January 2018
    Yesterday I booked a room in Missoula, 
    my wife said No fucking way we'll be driving 22 hours to see them.
    So I'll be in Chicago.
    Comfort Inn campus location in Missoula required a two-night stay$230 a night.  I passed on that and found a Motel 6 Missoula University #4448 looks like it's a block or two away from the stadium no two night requirement $115 for the room.
    Just a suggestion.
    But I had to call right back and cancel because my wife vetoed my Missoula plans. :o

Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,509
    I feel your pain. My wife vetoed Missoula in 2012. This time though, she's fully on board. Maybe show her some scenic photos/videos of Montana and sell it as a scenic, romantic drive? If you break up the drive, it could very well be that (+1 really awesome show!)
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    Red MosquitoRed Mosquito Charlotte, NC Posts: 68
    jam_fanj said:
    Would have loved to see a Raleigh make up show at Carter Finley stadium. New governor in N.C. and HB2 has been repealed. Bummer!
    Agreed! Especially since they gave us a 2-day head's up they were cancelling the show.
  • Options
    racesla said:
    Here's some shots of McCartney, and the Stones in Missoula at the Griz Stadium for those wondering what the layout is like. All floor seats will be GA. Really a great place to see an outdoor stadium show. Plus it's a home show for Jeff!
    Thanks for sharing!  Doesn't even look like there's a bad seat in the house.

Looking forward to this show!
    Calgary, Alberta (1993) / Missoula, Montana (2003) / Calgary, Alberta (2005) / Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (2005) /Chicago, Illinois (2007) / Calgary, Alberta, (2009) / Calgary, Alberta (2011) / Calgary, AB (2013) / Missoula, Montana (2018) / Vancouver, BC (2024)
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    Yeah those pictures are stunning. Missoula looks beautiful. Great place for a show.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Blacksheep76Blacksheep76 Houston, TX Posts: 167
    edited January 2018
    My wife said she'd rather go to Boston than Montana.  I booked the Holiday Inn for me in Missoula and got us an AirBNB for Boston.  No problem compromising.  
    Post edited by Blacksheep76 on
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Looks like 2018 is a youtube/periscope tour for me..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    My wife said she'd rather go to Boston than Montana.  I booked the Holiday Inn for me in Missoula and got us an AirBNB for Boston.  No problem compromising.  
    I like your style.

• Options
    Looks like 2018 is a youtube/periscope tour for me..
    Bright side is at least every year technology gets better.

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    Kind of surprised there isn’t a VIP package to raise money for Tester like they did in 2012. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    ReleaseMeReleaseMe Mississauga, Ontario Posts: 745

Ten Club Pre-sale: A special ticket pre-sale drawing for all show dates starts February 7th at 10am PT and ends February 12th at 10am PT. This gives fans time to get their travel plans together to make it out to these historic shows. Ten Club has made arrangements to get more tickets than ever before exclusively for our members. We are confident we’ll be able to accommodate most, if not all, drawing entries. Some major changes to how tickets are distributed are noted below.

Bold statement - when shooting for Fenway, I'll take it
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Toronto
    2005 - Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2009 - Toronto
    2011 - Hamilton
    2013 - Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Wrigley I, Wrigley II
    2018 - Seattle I, Seattle II, Fenway I, Fenway II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
    2022 - Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    What % of seats do you think the 10c has set aside? 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,767
    I can't be sure of that, though I would speculate with them hithing these 4 cities that demand for these shows should be down SOMEWHAT. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I think demand will be higher then ever... the entire eastern time zone is going for Fenway... 
  • Options
    I feel like the dates and the fact that they played Fenway two years ago will deter some people. I think Seattle is going to be the big draw this year.

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,937
    JimmyV said:
    I feel like the dates and the fact that they played Fenway two years ago will deter some people. I think Seattle is going to be the big draw this year.
    Agreed.  Seattle and Missoula will be the 3 toughest draws.
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    edited January 2018
    my2hands said:
    I think demand will be higher then ever... the entire eastern time zone is going for Fenway... 
    Fenway will sell out as fast as it did last time.  Might have been different if we had gotten a couple of Philly shows.
  • Options
    CJ260717 said:
    my2hands said:
    Fenway will sell out as fast as it did last time.  Might have been different if we had gotten a couple of Philly shows.
    Sunday will. I'm curious about Tuesday. We'll see.

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    mcgruff10 said:
    does anybody have 2016 10club seating locations at wrigley based on seniority?
    I believe i was section 109 the first night and 135 the 2nd night with a 327xxx tenclub number.

7x,xxx
    Sec. Q row 2 night 1 on aisle next to sec. P
    Sec. Q row 3 night 2 on aisle next to sec. P

52,xxx and night 1 I had tickets probably very close to you. I think it was sec P row 4

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,347
    so was that reddit thing just BS?  If they play Detroit I could make it 20 shows this year!
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I think it comes down to population numbers...

47% of the USA lives in the Eastern Time Zone (with a lot of it jammed into the northeast)
    29% in Central Time Zone
    16% in Pacific Time Zone
    6% in Mountain Time Zone

This explains the "East Coast Bias"... it's where everyone lives, so they tour here more 

And Chicago is a massive Metropolis with a huge population... coupled with Ed's connection to the area... it's understandable why they play there so often in larger venues/events

• Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    JojoRice said:
    JimmyV said:
    Agreed.  Seattle and Missoula will be the 3 toughest draws.

Agreedx2

Will be tough deciding lotto priority for these three.