Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    Mikemzl91Mikemzl91 Posts: 484
    As a side note I thought it interesting how phish is doing a “ticket request period” for their upcoming summer tour. No fan club, just put in for however many tickets (2,4,6) you want and if lottery picks you you’re locked in for that many tickets, and they can be anywhere from lawn, GA floor, close seats, far seats, whatever.  Totally blind, no seniority, but it gives everyone an equal chance to get tickets before the public sale.  

Interaated in hearing folks ills thoughts on their system.
    And it's free! Have been to most of Phish shows at Dicks. Only year I missed was 2011 when I was at Alpine Valley Labor Day weekend. Tickets for Phish, are getting harder to get now because of no yearly membership fees & a resurgence in fans. I do like that you have equal odds for any shows, where as 10C tickets have priority choices for multiple shows. Makes it tougher for getting multiple shows(not including Europe), but not impossible. I like multiple shows  =)=)
    I still prefer PJs system. I won the lotto for Phish this past NYE  run for thurs and fri both in the 400s, which is behind the stage at MSG. It's cool you get up to four tix and equal odds for phish but PJ lotto you get to be so close which is pretty huge. I mean what's the worst 10club seat you've heard of?
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    What I don’t like about Pearl Jam, is their fans ;)
    A bunch of pretentious fucks they are! :joker:
    You gooooooooottt it!!!!
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    I like some older U2... but generally speaking,  everything I've heard in the 21st century has been not that good 
    wait, are we talking about pearl jam or u2? ;)
    Dude... 21st Century PJ blows that U2 garbage out of the water!
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    jmug23 said:
    my2hands said: ok
    riley540 said:
    I emailed the 10c and they said tickets are $85 - $112 before fees on this tour. I’m happy to pay as its worth every penny, but why do you think the steeper prices? 2013 - 2016 was quite a bit more affordable for tickets. Not conplaining! Just curious 

Steeper prices? Fans here must know what other major acts charge for prime concert seats?

Well....if I were smart enough to sign up 26 years ago, and could score tenth row, year after year,  city after city, I'd probably just stick with the one band as well!
    Yikes. I mean, other bands do charge more but $112 for a ticket before charges for PJ in a 45,000 seat stadium, IS a big increase over just 2 years ago. 

U2s upcoming msg shows, $300 w fees, for upper level nose bleeds. No joke.
    Lol what a joke...

U2 sucks 
    Funny, i wasn’t a huge fan of them at all, but a friend dragged me to their Joshua tree show in Pasadena last year and i loved it. They sounded really good and put on a great show. Just my opinion of course :)

Sorry, didn't intend this to be a u2 bashfest. Was bringing up what other premium acts charge here in NYC.

Believe it or not, McCartney was a little cheaper than u2. Anything lower lever started at about $300, and close to stage was hundreds more on TM.  

The PJ tix that end up on resale markets are every bit as expensive. Keeping their prices artificially low allows some in the caste system to horde extra tix driving up resale prices due to reduced supply. At least the smart phone change tries to address this. But to punish new members, every tour, every show...that's a different apple.

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    edited January 2018
    Mikemzl91 said:
    As a side note I thought it interesting how phish is doing a “ticket request period” for their upcoming summer tour. No fan club, just put in for however many tickets (2,4,6) you want and if lottery picks you you’re locked in for that many tickets, and they can be anywhere from lawn, GA floor, close seats, far seats, whatever.  Totally blind, no seniority, but it gives everyone an equal chance to get tickets before the public sale.  

And it's free! Have been to most of Phish shows at Dicks. Only year I missed was 2011 when I was at Alpine Valley Labor Day weekend. Tickets for Phish, are getting harder to get now because of no yearly membership fees & a resurgence in fans. I do like that you have equal odds for any shows, where as 10C tickets have priority choices for multiple shows. Makes it tougher for getting multiple shows(not including Europe), but not impossible. I like multiple shows  =)=)
    I still prefer PJs system. I won the lotto for Phish this past NYE  run for thurs and fri both in the 400s, which is behind the stage at MSG. It's cool you get up to four tix and equal odds for phish but PJ lotto you get to be so close which is pretty huge. I mean what's the worst 10club seat you've heard of?

You are right in that the lotto system was an excellent case of the band improving the system. Unfortunately there is no mention of a non seniority set of tix for the two east coast shows.

To answer your question. I recall a commenter here that was at msg1 in 2016, been a member a while, guessing ten years, and had to stand (but of course), but standing had them so close to the roof the only thing they saw was Booms left arm. I still feel bad for that fan 
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    edited January 2018
    Mikemzl91 said:

You are right in that the lotto system was an excellent case of the band improving the system. Unfortunately there is no mention of a non seniority set of tix for the two east coast shows.

To answer your question. I recall a commenter here that was at msg1 in 2016, been a member a while, guessing ten years, and had to stand (but of course), but standing had them so close to the roof the only thing they saw was Booms left arm. I still feel bad for that fan 
    10c in the reserved seating says Seniority applies to all areas not GA
    Post edited by pjsteelerfan on
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414

On the topic of seniority, my 10C tix for Philly 2016 were a full section further from the stage than my 2013 seats.  Never could figure that out but guessing the band didn’t get choice seating in 2016?  Not a complaint just confusing.  Maybe more members with longer seniority manned up for the 2016 show.

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,928
    I only did Greenville for the 2016 tour.....my reserved 10C seats were on the floor about 5 or 6 rows behind GA.  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,467
    CJ260717 said:

On the topic of seniority, my 10C tix for Philly 2016 were a full section further from the stage than my 2013 seats.  Never could figure that out but guessing the band didn’t get choice seating in 2016?  Not a complaint just confusing.  Maybe more members with longer seniority manned up for the 2016 show.

There were more east cost shows in 2013.  In 2016, there were less east cost shows, so you probably had more 10club members going for those 2016 tickets.   And a bunch of them were in front of you.  In 2013, those same people probably attended different shows. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    JojoRice said:
    I only did Greenville for the 2016 tour.....my reserved 10C seats were on the floor about 5 or 6 rows behind GA.  
    Greenville was such an epic show for me. One of my favorites. 
  • Options
    CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    Vedd Hedd said:
    CJ260717 said:

There were more east cost shows in 2013.  In 2016, there were less east cost shows, so you probably had more 10club members going for those 2016 tickets.   And a bunch of them were in front of you.  In 2013, those same people probably attended different shows. 
    Right!  Now I can replace that thought with something else.  Thanks!
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,928
    jmug23 said:
    JojoRice said:
    Absolutely!  Beautiful weather all day and great town.  Show was amazing!  When those first few chords of Daughter hit everyone went nuts since it confirmed the rest of VS was going down. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    jmug23 said:
    JojoRice said:
    Absolutely!  Beautiful weather all day and great town.  Show was amazing!  When those first few chords of Daughter hit everyone went nuts since it confirmed the rest of VS was going down. 
    Exactly! Beautiful town and i got the chills when i realized we were getting Vs. Eddie running into the crowd and singing with the guy holding The sign saying “alive saved my life”. Extremely powerful moment for me and many others im sure. We were also fortunate enough to get Ed to poor some Wine in our cups which was the icing on the cake.  
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    JojoRice said:
    jmug23 said:
    JojoRice said:
    Greenville and Quebec City are my two favorite bootlegs of 2016 
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    CJ260717 said:

I had a similar experience at Wrigley 2013 versus Wrigley 2016. I ended up being about 30 rows further back in '16. My assumption is that there was a larger allotment of 10c seats, and therefore more members received tickets. If more members got tickets, some of them had lower numbers than mine, which pushed me further back on the field.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,763
    ^This, unfortunately a byproduct of them doing a very small amount of touring as well. They are one of the bigger drawing rock bands out there when they tour.

As though my membership lapse wasn't awful enough.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Love U2, but they have priced me out.  $175 + fees for crappy seats.  None of their shows for this tour have sold out, so I am hoping to get a couple at a reasonable price on the secondary market.  I'm glad Pearl Jam keeps their prices in check.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    3days said:
    CJ260717 said:

I had a similar experience at Wrigley 2013 versus Wrigley 2016. I ended up being about 30 rows further back in '16. My assumption is that there was a larger allotment of 10c seats, and therefore more members received tickets. If more members got tickets, some of them had lower numbers than mine, which pushed me further back on the field.
    2013 was different though with 3 different price levels for the draw. That is why you probably were pushed back that far since 2016 reserved was all one draw. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,916
    PJNB said:
    3days said:
    CJ260717 said:

2013 was different though with 3 different price levels for the draw. That is why you probably were pushed back that far since 2016 reserved was all one draw. 
    Also in 2013 there were sections of reserved seats to the left and right of the GA pit. In 2016 the GA pit was larger. Those sections were gone, pushing the reserved 10c seats further back.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    Man, I love U2, especially their older stuff.  Different strokes for different folks I guess.
    I'm with you. I really wanted to go to the Century Link show last year, but tickets were pretty steep for decent seats and I decided against it. I know I missed a great show, though. 
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    Cosimo82Cosimo82 Posts: 325
    Love U2, but they have priced me out.  $175 + fees for crappy seats.  None of their shows for this tour have sold out, so I am hoping to get a couple at a reasonable price on the secondary market.  I'm glad Pearl Jam keeps their prices in check.
    Yeah, it’s crazy...for Bologna show in september txt cost from 250€ up to 500€
  • Options
    I was told to keep an eye out for September 1st...
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    For what? Another potential stadium location?
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    PJNB said:
    No shot they play 3 in a row

*scratch that, it would he 3 in 4... that's possible I guess?
  • Options
    It actually makes a ton of sense and would explain the odd Sunday/Tuesday on Labor Day weekday.... 

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    my2hands said:
    It actually makes a ton of sense and would explain the odd Sunday/Tuesday on Labor Day weekday.... 

So the question is where? 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    my2hands said:

So the question is where? 
    Boston. Take it with a huge grain of salt but I have talked to a couple of people now that said the same thing. Not sure where they are getting there info from but 3 in Boston would be cool! Also I remember talking to someone on Facebook last summer that said she had ties to the venue. She said they were looking to have 3 shows in Boston but I thought she was mistaken and meant 3 holds. We will see!
  • Options
    I would assume it would be a 3rd show at Fenway if you're doing it... you sell out the harder days on Sunday/Tuesday and save the easy sellout, Saturday on a holiday weekend, for the add on

Adding a 3rd show on Friday/Saturday makes sense to me... if they did it, hopefully they woukd so a 10c lottery for it, but they could just add it during the public sale like they did Toronto 2016?

• Options
    Sunday/Tuesday just doesn't make sense
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    my2hands said:
    Sunday/Tuesday just doesn't make sense

the only reason it does is because it’s sandwiched around Labor Day