Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    So is the Ticketmaster Verified Fan different from the 10C tickets?  I don't understand!! 
    Alpine Valley - Lolla 08/02/92
    Alpine Valley - 1998
    Chicago - Allstate Arena 10/09/00
    Chicago - United Center 06/18/03
    Chicago - United Center 08/23/09
    Chicago - Wrigley 07/19/13
    Moline - iWireless Center 10/17/14 (No Code)
    Philadelphia - Wells Fargo Center 04/29/16 (Ten)
    Chicago - Wrigley  08/20/16 & 08/22/16
    Seattle - Safeco Field 08/10/18
    Chicago - Wrigley 08/18
    Chicago - United Center 09/05/23
    Chicago - United Center 09/07/23
  • Options
    Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 613
    Okay so we can't select our show priority until February 7th right?  I have been clicking around and it seems everything is informational, unless it's user error by me (completely possible)
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Going for Wrigley 2.  Just booked a room at Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago 8/19-8/21 with free cancellation.  I've never gone for GA in the lottery yet so I'm due to try it for this show.

7 months to save for this show.  Cant wait!
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    Show Priority
    You are required to select each show in priority status when entering the drawing. Sorry, there can only be one #1 show no matter how many shows you may want to go to equally. During the drawing, we will randomly draw members who have made that show their #1 priority. If any tickets remain, the system will randomly draw names of members who have chosen that show as their #2 priority and so on until every ticket for a given show has been sold.

So if I'm reading this right, it is entirely possible that someone with a show listed as a 2 priority can get a ticket over someone with that show listed as a 1 priority....that stinks.  
  • Options
    Sorry for my ignorance, but I am a bit confused!  So we need to register with Ticketmaster Verified Fan to see if we can enter our names into the lottery?  Ticketmaster Verified Fan doesn't let you know until Feb 14th if you can participate in the lottery that happens on Feb 12th?  Something isn't adding up... what am I missing?
  • Options
    So is the Ticketmaster Verified Fan different from the 10C tickets?  I don't understand!! 
    different presales, 10c comes first
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    i said earlier..wairt and read all infos how lottery will run this time and ticxkets salesisnt like before..
    members needs to read carefully all details..about 10c lotto,ticketmaster verifiedfan,mobile tix etc
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    oh..and ahem...they do play homestate of that cool dude plays bass guitar in the band!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Roscoe28 said:
    Show Priority
    You are required to select each show in priority status when entering the drawing. Sorry, there can only be one #1 show no matter how many shows you may want to go to equally. During the drawing, we will randomly draw members who have made that show their #1 priority. If any tickets remain, the system will randomly draw names of members who have chosen that show as their #2 priority and so on until every ticket for a given show has been sold.

So if I'm reading this right, it is entirely possible that someone with a show listed as a 2 priority can get a ticket over someone with that show listed as a 1 priority....that stinks.  
    No, they draw everyone that has a show # 1 first. If there are leftover tickets, they move on to people that have it #2, and so on.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    Bunting10 said:
    Okay so we can't select our show priority until February 7th right?  I have been clicking around and it seems everything is informational, unless it's user error by me (completely possible)
    correct.
  • Options
    JimminezJimminez Posts: 217
    Ticket buddy's will only work if you both go for GA it would seem.

2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2016 - 5/5, 5/8, 5/10, 5/12, 8/5, 8/7
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    This new ticket policy is something I'm just going to learn as I go.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Found it myself:
    General Public Pre-sale: A general public pre-sale powered by Ticketmaster Verified Fan® will take place on February 16th.  Registration for this pre-sale is open now until February 6th at 4pm PT. For more info go here.

General Public Onsale: A remaining, limited number of tickets will be made available to the general public on February 21 at 10am local time through each venues public ticket vendor.    

Alpine Valley - Lolla 08/02/92
    Alpine Valley - 1998
    Chicago - Allstate Arena 10/09/00
    Chicago - United Center 06/18/03
    Chicago - United Center 08/23/09
    Chicago - Wrigley 07/19/13
    Moline - iWireless Center 10/17/14 (No Code)
    Philadelphia - Wells Fargo Center 04/29/16 (Ten)
    Chicago - Wrigley  08/20/16 & 08/22/16
    Seattle - Safeco Field 08/10/18
    Chicago - Wrigley 08/18
    Chicago - United Center 09/05/23
    Chicago - United Center 09/07/23
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,748
    I hate complaining but on first look I am not a fan of the changes for mobile tickets and having at least one ticket locked to the winner. As someone with a high number I loved the option to try and win tickets in the Lotto and then also try and get better tickets in the general sale. On top of that it looks like I will be even further back for these shows now that there are more tickets to go around. I am happy about this news for everyone else but now I think I can definitely get better seats in the general sale and should not even bother with the Lotto. 

On top of that I do not own a phone. My wife has one though. If I win tickets will I be able to use her phone as mine even though it will be linked to her tickets as well. There is plenty of time to get the details before the draw and look forward to the answers. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,748
    Roscoe28 said:
    Show Priority

No read it again. They only go to priority 2 when all of priority 1 entrants have won tickets. 
  • Options
    PJamminPJammin Posts: 570
    No need to worry about GA Pit at Fenway.
  • Options
    MM20303MM20303 Jackson, WY Posts: 8
    The only show I could make is Missoula since it's only a handful of hours above me so i'm really hoping for tickets. The last time they came through MT is was a disappointing day trying to get tickets. Hope everyone gets tickets! I'm wicked excited about these shows!
    We'll road trip up together...put together a JH caravan!
  • Options
    There will be a GA pit in front of the stage for all venues except Boston. 
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Who will be the first to frame their smart phone access code with a poster?  I dare you.

I'll probably just print out a screenshot of my ticket and use that in the frame job...
    Some of the mobile tickets I've got are pretty sweet looking!!

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    PJNB said:
    I hate complaining but on first look I am not a fan of the changes for mobile tickets and having at least one ticket locked to the winner. As someone with a high number I loved the option to try and win tickets in the Lotto and then also try and get better tickets in the general sale. On top of that it looks like I will be even further back for these shows now that there are more tickets to go around. I am happy about this news for everyone else but now I think I can definitely get better seats in the general sale and should not even bother with the Lotto. 

On top of that I do not own a phone. My wife has one though. If I win tickets will I be able to use her phone as mine even though it will be linked to her tickets as well. There is plenty of time to get the details before the draw and look forward to the answers. 
    Yeah, they could have just done the Ticketmaster paperless where you scan your credit  card.  And they have to hope the scanners all work now. U2 learned this the hard way last year when their was a glitch.
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    What happened to the Philly rumors?
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,355
    What happened to the Philly rumors?
    They were just rumors
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    GR280729GR280729 Posts: 105
    So if I want to go to Fenway and my wife and I both try to get tickets through the lottery, is there a way if we both win to give 2 of the tickets to a friend and still have my wife and I sit together?  We are both 10C members and the friend is not.  Would we have to "trade" phones and walk to the seats together?  Would that work?  Trying to figure out how to get all 4 of us in the building and have us each sit with our own spouses.
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    Oh yeah baby, finally some dates. Looks like it will only be Chicago for me if I score tickets. Missed the other Wrigley shows and not going to let it happen this time. See you all there
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    GR280729 said:
    So if I want to go to Fenway and my wife and I both try to get tickets through the lottery, is there a way if we both win to give 2 of the tickets to a friend and still have my wife and I sit together?  We are both 10C members and the friend is not.  Would we have to "trade" phones and walk to the seats together?  Would that work?  Trying to figure out how to get all 4 of us in the building and have us each sit with our own spouses.
    I was thinking the same thing and could only come up with the same scenario you just described. Unless they print you a paper ticket when your phone is scanned and then you could just swap those paper tickets inside the gates. It could still be done but will require a little more effort than the usual meeting up for a beer before the show and swapping the tickets out.
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    ^^^wait, Hooter's has wings?!?! I thought they only carried breasts.
     :o 
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,023
    oh..and ahem...they do play homestate of that cool dude plays bass guitar in the band!!
    According to the email, they actually don't. (somewhere called "Missoula, WA" instead)
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    dconner50dconner50 Arkansas Posts: 14
    So i guess the ticketmaster pre-sale is just for people who aren't in the ten club?
    EV
    9/23/2017 Bourbon and Beyond Festival
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    Roscoe28 said:
    Show Priority

No, they draw everyone that has a show # 1 first. If there are leftover tickets, they move on to people that have it #2, and so on.
    They can't draw everybody if more people use their #1 choice than tickets are available. A good example of that will be Wrigley 1 GA...that will certainly be over-subscribed due to being the Saturday night show.
  • Options
    PJammin said:
    GR280729 said:
    I was thinking the same thing and could only come up with the same scenario you just described. Unless they print you a paper ticket when your phone is scanned and then you could just swap those paper tickets inside the gates. It could still be done but will require a little more effort than the usual meeting up for a beer before the show and swapping the tickets out.
    That is what they do for Ticketmaster paperless, might be the same thing for this. Give you a little paper receipt when your phone is scanned with your seat location.