Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    ^ Agreed. I thought the pre-sale lottery was for 10C members at the time of the announcement; not after.  
  • Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 560
    jmug23 said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    derbydave said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What would be the benefit of announcing two shows in Seattle but not giving any sort of info about ticket sales?  Especially after creating a lot of hype by creating the YouTube video and raising the pj flag above the space needle. 

My guess is to allow people that were on the fence about joining 10 Club for ticket benefits a chance to do it!!
    I've seen tons on people on Facebook signing up so they can enter the lottery.

I don't know if they will be eligible for the lottery if they signed up after the announcement was made, going off of past announcements. In particular the TOTD announcement was on July 20 and specifically said that Ten Club members who were active as of July 19 were eligible. That would be lame if anyone who signed up yesterday could enter the lottery.
    Yeah i doubt new memberships will be eligible. It usually states you have to be a member prior to announcement. 

A major attraction to 10C as opposed to other fan clubs that use tours to drum up membership sales.

Love PJ for this.

Plus, I think it was clever strategy to shroud the Home Shows as a Fundraiser, pressuring aftermarket ticketing companies to exercise favorable 'corporate guidelines' (ie: latest StubHub banner).

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,321
    I always thought you had to be a member before they announced the tour.  It's just odd that there's a gap between announcing the shows and the ticket info. 

The general thought of restricting it to members before the announcement was to prevent scalpers from getting a heads up and buying a bunch of last minute memberships to access tickets?  You've to pick 'em up at will call, but you do have that window of time afterwards :(  Especially with shows with GA as scalpers can get instant access to the best tickets.
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,423
    dougfloyd said:
    Does everyone think the day in between these shows is just simply a rest day for the band?  I went back and looked at the European tour and it looks like there is only one set of back to back dates - London and the rest have a day in between.  It must be expensive reserving these venues for a day where they are not used.  I guess they make enough money on the larger amount of tickets sold in these stadium venues to afford to rent them for an extra day.
    I thought a few years ago when the first Wrigley show was being planned there was a city/neighborhood ordinance related to having concerts on back to back nights.  Could be mistaken but I assumed that was the reason for having the day off in between.
    Foo FIghters have 2 in a row at Wrigley in July
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,866
    my2hands said:
    PLEASE NO GA AT FENWAY

I love the lottery... win the 1st row golden ticket
    I second this! Been to 16 shows and 3 Ed solo shows and haven't been so fortunate to be exceptionally close. REALLY wish I hadn't let my membership lapse in 2008/2009. That divorce only haunts me when PJ tours nowadays.

How about what someone posted about DMB golden ticket. Sounds pretty sweet! 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 649
    my2hands said:
    PLEASE NO GA AT FENWAY

I second this! Been to 16 shows and 3 Ed solo shows and haven't been so fortunate to be exceptionally close. REALLY wish I hadn't let my membership lapse in 2008/2009. That divorce only haunts me when PJ tours nowadays.

How about what someone posted about DMB golden ticket. Sounds pretty sweet! 
    If there is GA I am out
    just stay closer to home and go to Wrigley or not st all. Was looking forward to reserved again
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,022
    Anyone happen to remember what the odds were for the ballpark shows in 2016? Can’t seem to find them on here or google.
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,321
    JojoRice said:
    Anyone happen to remember what the odds were for the ballpark shows in 2016? Can’t seem to find them on here or google.
    I don't remember the odds, but I remember how deep the rounds made it.  Wrigley 1 had super demand because it was on a Saturday.  GA tickets sold out in round 1.  I think some people got reserved in round 2.  Wrigley 2 was different.  I think everyone who wanted a GA ticket in round 1 got one, and a few spilled over into round 2 (there were a few super lucky people that pulled the ga night 1 / ga night 2 win on a single membership).   I think reserved for night 2 went rounds 3 and maybe 4?
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    Rumor has it that I am a very big fan of chicken wings

• Options
    So......rest of the tour today?
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,570
    Rumor has it that I am a very big fan of chicken wings

Ain't no thang like a chicken wing 
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I am not going to Wrigley unless I win GA tickets. The place is too big and I have seen them x3 there already.  If you want to start a go fund me or whatever to send bUCK to Wrigley, I won’t stop you. ;) 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    my2hands said:
    PLEASE NO GA AT FENWAY

I’m with you on this if they change it from last time I’m out !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,013
    my2hands said:
    PLEASE NO GA AT FENWAY

Was there seats on the field last time at Fenway?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,850
    LukinFan said:
    my2hands said:
    PLEASE NO GA AT FENWAY

Yes with the lotto for rows 1,2,9,10 in play for everyone. 
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,013
    PJNB said:
    LukinFan said:
    my2hands said:
    PLEASE NO GA AT FENWAY

Cool. I had no idea. I figured it was GA. Thanks.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    PJNB said:
    LukinFan said:
    my2hands said:
    PLEASE NO GA AT FENWAY

seats at fenway were sooooooo awesome.  Maybe they'll get rid of ga at wrigley! :)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Zod said:
    JojoRice said:
    I don't remember the odds, but I remember how deep the rounds made it.  Wrigley 1 had super demand because it was on a Saturday.  GA tickets sold out in round 1.  I think some people got reserved in round 2.  Wrigley 2 was different.  I think everyone who wanted a GA ticket in round 1 got one, and a few spilled over into round 2 (there were a few super lucky people that pulled the ga night 1 / ga night 2 win on a single membership).   I think reserved for night 2 went rounds 3 and maybe 4?
    Thanks for the info! Really appreciate it. Very curious to see what the odds will be for the upcoming stadium shows 

• Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    Zod said:
    JojoRice said:
    I won Wrigley 2 reserved as my 4th choice. That lottery was combined with Fenway. With the demand and the odds it basically made you pick either Wrigley or Fenway
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,850
    edited January 2018
    Wrigley 2 went to 4th choice because of GA factored in. No Fenway choices went past round 2 and very little round 2 tickets were won. Those that won round 2 tickets were only for night 2. There were some that won no tickets since they went night 1 first and night 2 second for Fenway while some got really lucky and won both nights. Everyone that put night 2 first won that choice.  Make sense? lol. 
  • Options
    Zod said:
    JojoRice said:
    I won Wrigley 2 reserved as my 4th choice. That lottery was combined with Fenway. With the demand and the odds it basically made you pick either Wrigley or Fenway
    PJNB said:
    Wrigley 2 went to 4th choice because of GA factored in. No Fenway choices went past round 2 and very little round 2 tickets were won. Those that won round 2 tickets were only for night 2. There were some that won no tickets since they went night 1 first and night 2 second for Fenway while some got really lucky and won both nights. Everyone that put night 2 first won that choice.  Make sense? lol. 
    Great information. My ticket buddy and I are going to be aiming for both Wrigley shows this time around.  Will definitely have night 1 GA as top priority.  

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,162
    edited January 2018
    Jbarker said:
    jmug23 said
    ZeldaZonk said:
    derbydave said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What would be the benefit of announcing two shows in Seattle but not giving any sort of info about ticket sales?  Especially after creating a lot of hype by creating the YouTube video and raising the pj flag above the space needle. 

My guess is to allow people that were on the fence about joining 10 Club for ticket benefits a chance to do it!!

I don't know if they will be eligible for the lottery if they signed up after the announcement was made, going off of past announcements. In particular the TOTD announcement was on July 20 and specifically said that Ten Club members who were active as of July 19 were eligible. That would be lame if anyone who signed up yesterday could enter the lottery.
    Yeah i doubt new memberships will be eligible. It usually states you have to be a member prior to announcement. 

A major attraction to 10C as opposed to other fan clubs that use tours to drum up membership sales.

Love PJ for this.

Plus, I think it was clever strategy to shroud the Home Shows as a Fundraiser, pressuring aftermarket ticketing companies to exercise favorable 'corporate guidelines' (ie: latest StubHub banner).

Selling the majority of good seats significantly below market value has repercussions. It drives up the cost for those fans that were not in 10c in the 90s because "we" were less willing to make a blind purchase over the years.

Seniority based priority seating enables the same fifteen thousand fans access to the good seats year after year in the big cities with no supply (re. msg).

Some of us foolishly thought locking into a purchase without knowing what we were buying was not prudent, especially back in the days when the "best seats in the house " were not available via 10c. It's great they go out of their way for their fans, and do try to address this with the lotto system, but rules based systems and manipulation of market prices will always have winners and losers. In the 90s, the best seats were not locked away in the manner there are now, meaning, in essence, the rules were different then.
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,559
    edited January 2018
    Jbarker said:
    jmug23 said
    ZeldaZonk said:
    derbydave said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Love PJ for this.

Selling the majority of good seats significantly below market value has repercussions. It drives up the cost for those fans that were not in 10c in the 90s because "we" were less willing to make a blind purchase over the years.

Seniority based priority seating enables the same fifteen thousand fans access to the good seats year after year in the big cities with no supply (re. msg).

Some of us foolishly thought locking into a purchase without knowing what we were buying was not prudent, especially back in the days when the "best seats in the house " were not available via 10c. It's great they go out of their way for their fans, and do try to address this with the lotto system, but rules based systems and manipulation of market prices will always have winners and losers. In the 90s, the best seats were not locked away in the manner there are now, meaning, in essence, the rules were different then.
    So you are calling the long-time fan club members fools for spending $10 a year (oh the humanity of it all) on a fan club membership?  They are just lucky their $10 a year investment (gasp) paid off and they weren't left sleeping in the gutter?

Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 205
    Yeah, fingers crossed that Fenway is all reserved, even though I got shut out of there in 2016. I've also got a 5-digit member number, so when it's all reserved my seats aren't usually worse than 3rd/4th row.
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,353
    Just want to say before the announcement comes and request/lottery complain threads overrun the board, this place is pretty hoppin for a wednesday morning and that makes me smile.  Cheers! 
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    I wish they would have just announced the other baseball stadium shows (if they're real) when they announced the Seattle show.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Think we finally get the announcement today for the other shows?

• Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    Just want to say before the announcement comes and request/lottery complain threads overrun the board, this place is pretty hoppin for a wednesday morning and that makes me smile.  Cheers! 
    What you mean to say is that your not looking forward to reading the "i got shut out of the lottery and am not renewing my membership" threads?
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    ReleaseMeReleaseMe Mississauga, Ontario Posts: 745
    dankind said:
    jmug23 said:
    marjen said:
    I booked a Sunday and Tuesday at the Hotel Buckminster. Its right around the corning from Fenway, stayed there last time. I got $180 and $260 for the two nights. Pretty cheap I think for boston on a holiday weekend.
    That’s where we stayed last time. Great location. Right next to venue. 
    Sweet! That's where my old drug dealer used to live!
    Nice... bit the bullet and I did the same, booked from Sunday to Wednesday
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Toronto
    2005 - Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2009 - Toronto
    2011 - Hamilton
    2013 - Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Wrigley I, Wrigley II
    2018 - Seattle I, Seattle II, Fenway I, Fenway II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
    2022 - Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,162
    Jbarker said:
    jmug23 said
    ZeldaZonk said:
    derbydave said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Love PJ for this.

So you are calling the long-time fan club members fools for spending $10 a year (oh the humanity of it all) on a fan club membership?  They are just lucky their $10 a year investment (gasp) paid off and they weren't left sleeping in the gutter?

Nope. Referring to how the rules impact all fans, reward the same fans over and over, and manipulate the market value.

The ten bucks is very fair. Asking someone to lock into a purchase not knowing the location of their seat is very unfair. 

Charging below market prices, encouraging fans to buy tickets they will not use, limits supply and drives up prices on the secondary markets