Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,922
    I'm at a point now where I don't even think about hotels.  It's airbnb every time, all the time.  

Much like Uber vs cabs?  When's the last time anyone took a cab (if Uber is available?)

• Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Looks like no update today.
    Probably want to give the Seattle event a few days to be in the spotlight. Hopefully get the remainder of the dates within the next few days.  
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,956
    I'm thinking tomorrow is the day for the rest of the shows to be announced.  Then have lottery signups starting tomorrow and run through monday at noon. But thats just a guess. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    I'm guessing Friday is the rest of the dates, with ticket info and pre-sale through next week. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 912
    They announced lotto winners Feb 8th for Wrigley/Fenway for 2016 for what it's worth.  Chicago shows were 8/20 & 8/22, Fenway was 8/5 & 8/7
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    I was joking, but anyone who complained just got their rate raised $15.
    haha
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ho0w u guys doing?all good?
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JimminezJimminez Posts: 217
    edited January 2018
    Fine thank you.  Appreciate you asking.

And you?
    Post edited by Jimminez on
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2016 - 5/5, 5/8, 5/10, 5/12, 8/5, 8/7
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 912
    what's new dimi . . .  any pearls of wisdom?
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,127
    Jesus Christ hotels in Seattle with "group rate" discounts are insane. Pearl Jam have basically turned in to a destination event with their concerts. People traveling to them instead of the other way around and dropping $1500+ on a hotel stay alone. The Silver Cloud "official" hotel for these concerts, I originally thought it was $449 for 3 nights! Ha! 

Made possible by face value of tickets at 35% market value.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,928
    Excited for those "away" shows!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    I keep refreshing this page in hopes it actually displays something.

https://pearljam.com/theawayshows/missoula
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
  • Options
    wbutler29 said:
    its no secret anymore,we having stadium summer tour..so pj will play in all 3 summenr months this year,june-july europe,august usa
    i guess rest 3 states will anoounce at some point..
    whats i wait with interest is the way they will handle the lotto for this stadium shows tour
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647
    wbutler29 said:
    its no secret anymore,we having stadium summer tour..so pj will play in all 3 summenr months this year,june-july europe,august usa
    whats i wait with interest is the way they will handle the lotto for this stadium shows tour
    Well if goal is raise $ for hometown shows - GA or great tickets for extra cost?

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    Excited for those "away" shows!
    haha,,i hear ya..boston will be happy,no worries
  • Options
    I'm preparing myself for a longer wait than I expected on Missoula/Wrigley/Fenway. With Seattle being a special even they may want to run some promotion for awhile before announcing other shows.

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,799
    wbutler29 said:
    Uh what about September....
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Fingers crossed still for a fall tour.  Regretfully passing on the ballpark action to spend the dough on my fam and baby.  Come on fall tour.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    wbutler29 said:
    Fenway Sept 2nd and 4th most likely
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    wbutler29 said:
    seems there is a state for september .,right?
  • Options
    RF283499RF283499 Posts: 141
    wbutler29 said:
    So just 3 more cities. Nothing else?
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,799
    PJNB said:
    wbutler29 said:
    seems there is a state for september .,right?
    Hoping. Booked an AirBnb based on it. Just didn't see you mention the month and was making sure the dates were secure. 
  • Options

JimmyV said:
    I'm preparing myself for a longer wait than I expected on Missoula/Wrigley/Fenway. With Seattle being a special even they may want to run some promotion for awhile before announcing other shows.
    if i choose 1 show that would be montana..cant do usa shows this year after 9 in europe and 25 days tour for me,nomoney or  vacation left for usa
    i wish i could do ,but
  • Options
    RF283499 said:
    wbutler29 said:
    So just 3 more cities. Nothing else?
    personally i dont know more..those 4 states for stadium shows i heard was the plan.dont kow if add more,or will add more
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144

JimmyV said:
    if i choose 1 show that would be montana..cant do usa shows this year after 9 in europe and 25 days tour for me,nomoney or  vacation left for usa
    i wish i could do ,but
    So you can't do more than 10 shows?! Dude, c'mon.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

JimmyV said:
    i wish i could do ,but
    Poser!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

JimmyV said:
    i wish i could do ,but
    i can,but only ,if they do australia ..thats my next continetn to go.. 
  • Options

JimmyV said:
    i wish i could do ,but
    I hear you. I'm so thankful for the rumor mill this time around. Without it we'd be thinking about stretching the budget to go to Seattle. Knowing that Boston is coming makes it easier to be patient and not spend money on flights and hotels.

• Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    jmug23 said:
    Looks like no update today.
    Probably want to give the Seattle event a few days to be in the spotlight. Hopefully get the remainder of the dates within the next few days.  
    If you look at the screenshots from all the dates, the Seattle post was the only one that was ready to publish. The other three were missing text and subheadings (not that that would be hard to add). Just think that they planned on multiple announcements with Seattle being the special "home show" getting some extra love
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,956
    So which of the 7 stadium shows is getting Riot Act in full?  =)
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.