Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:
    I'm preparing myself for a longer wait than I expected on Missoula/Wrigley/Fenway. With Seattle being a special even they may want to run some promotion for awhile before announcing other shows.
    if i choose 1 show that would be montana..cant do usa shows this year after 9 in europe and 25 days tour for me,nomoney or  vacation left for usa
    i wish i could do ,but
    I hear you. I'm so thankful for the rumor mill this time around. Without it we'd be thinking about stretching the budget to go to Seattle. Knowing that Boston is coming makes it easier to be patient and not spend money on flights and hotels.
    flights is the pain in the ass for me,expecially if i fly overseas

europe topur copst me only for hotel-flights-concert tix .3700 euros aka 4500 usa dollars..and add to that 25 days travelling to europe,transportation,food,drinks,.its gonna be so expensive.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    Any idea what tickets for the shows will cost? 
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    JojoRice said:
    So which of the 7 stadium shows is getting Riot Act in full?  =)
    e will get it in europe,its our turn,,come on krakow!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911

riley540 said:

last stadium shows were $188/pair
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:
    I'm preparing myself for a longer wait than I expected on Missoula/Wrigley/Fenway. With Seattle being a special even they may want to run some promotion for awhile before announcing other shows.
    if i choose 1 show that would be montana..cant do usa shows this year after 9 in europe and 25 days tour for me,nomoney or  vacation left for usa
    i wish i could do ,but
    I hear you. I'm so thankful for the rumor mill this time around. Without it we'd be thinking about stretching the budget to go to Seattle. Knowing that Boston is coming makes it easier to be patient and not spend money on flights and hotels.
    flights is the pain in the ass for me,expecially if i fly overseas

europe topur copst me only for hotel-flights-concert tix .3700 euros aka 4500 usa dollars..and add to that 25 days travelling to europe,transportation,food,drinks,.its gonna be so expensive.
    The trips are so expensive but the memories are priceless! :smile:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,748
    riley540 said:
    I think 2016 they were $188 for a pair at Fenway. Europe this year were more expensive though. 
  • Options
    radarradar Posts: 768
    JojoRice said:
    So which of the 7 stadium shows is getting Riot Act in full?  =)
    e will get it in europe,its our turn,,come on krakow!!
    +1
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141

JimmyV said:
    i wish i could do ,but
    So you can't do more than 10 shows?! Dude, c'mon.
    i can,but only ,if they do australia ..thats my next continetn to go.. 
    I feel for you man, all these decisions you have to make. :lol:
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,600
    So these stadium dates are the only US dates this year?
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,221
    riley540 said:

Gotta assume they'll be a tick higher than 2016.
    Fenway 2016 tix were $188.00 a pair ($94 each) through 10club, so I'd guess they'll be around $100 a ticket total when fees are added in, face of $80-85 with no fees.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Possibility always exists but there has been no real buzz about more dates yet. I think it's dependent on whether or not there is a new album coming.

• Options
    RF283499RF283499 Posts: 141
    edited January 2018
    JimmyV said:
    Possibility always exists but there has been no real buzz about more dates yet. I think it's dependent on whether or not there is a new album coming.
    You would think that because they are out on the road, paying all that staff to be out there with them. They would fill in the gaps with a few amphitheater/arena shows. But after his answer, I am not so sure. 
    Post edited by RF283499 on
  • Options
    timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CA Posts: 294
    JimmyV said:
    You mean the "radio intern" didn't create real buzz? haha
  • Options
    RF283499 said:
    JimmyV said:
    You would think that because they out on the road, paying all that staff to be out there with them. They would fill in the gaps with a few amphitheater/arena shows. But after his answer, I am not so sure. 
    I don't expect any more dates between Seattle and Boston. I do wonder if there will be an arena run later in the fall. We'll see.

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,600
    JimmyV said:
    RF283499 said:
    JimmyV said:
    You would think that because they out on the road, paying all that staff to be out there with them. They would fill in the gaps with a few amphitheater/arena shows. But after his answer, I am not so sure. 
    I don't expect any more dates between Seattle and Boston. I do wonder if there will be an arena run later in the fall. We'll see.
    I'm down with this for sure.
  • Options
    LCLC North Andover, MA Posts: 258
    Any chance they play 3 shows at Fenway?  I know the screen shot had 2 dates...but the Tuesday after Labor Day weekend just seems like an odd date.  Let's celebrate the 15 year anniversary of the Mansfield experiment with 3 shows!
    8-29-00 Mansfield, 6-29-03 Montreal, 7-2-03 Mansfield, 7-3-03 Mansfield, 7-11-03, Mansfield, 9-28-04 Boston, 9-29-04 Boston, 10-8-04 Kissimmee, 9-15-05 Montreal, 9-16-05 Ottawa, 5-12-06 Albany, 5-13-06 Hartford, 5-24-06 Boston, 5-25-06 Boston, 6-28-08, Mansfield, 6-30-08 Mansfield, 5-15-10 Hartford, 5-17-10 Boston, 7-19-13 Chicago, 10-15-13 Worcester, 5-2-16 New York City, 8-5-16 Boston, 8-7-16 Boston
    EV- 2008, 2011 Boston
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,896
    I wouldn't be surprised to see them around $200/pair.  

And agreed about being happy this news came out........i actually have some money set aside, and would absolutely be looking at going to Seattle or Montana.  And as much as I'd love to travel out and see them, knowing that they are 90 minutes away and I can go home in between shows is hard to pass up.  Will get tix and then reserve the booze bus, haha.  
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    JimmyV said:
    RF283499 said:
    JimmyV said:

What are the rumoured dates for all these shows again?

Been a few days but I vaguely remember gaps.

> added

Seattle, WA on August 8th and 10th, Washington-Grizzly Stadium in Missoula, MT on August 13th, Wrigley Field in Chicago (the home of Eddie Vedder‘s beloved Chicago Cubs) on August 18th and 20th, and at Boston’s Fenway Park on September 2nd and 4th.

Can't believe they are doing nothing for the nearly 2 weeks between Chicago and Fenway. I guess maybe give the crew time to go home for a week. 
    Post edited by RF283499 on
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,919
    Ya I think about $200 a pair from 10C sounds about right.  Hopefully we find out tomorrow!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    RF283499 said:
    JimmyV said:
    RF283499 said:
    JimmyV said:

> added

Seattle, WA on August 8th and 10th, Washington-Grizzly Stadium in Missoula, MT on August 13th, Wrigley Field in Chicago (the home of Eddie Vedder‘s beloved Chicago Cubs) on August 18th and 20th, and at Boston’s Fenway Park on September 2nd and 4th.

Can't believe they are doing nothing for the nearly 2 weeks between Chicago and Fenway. I guess maybe give the crew time to go home for a week.
    It was two weeks between Wrigley and Fenway in 2016, too. 8/5 and 8/7 in Boston, 8/20 and 8/22 in Chicago.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,820
    people need to realize this band is not going to be doing anymore extensive touring cycles without a new album behind them. with the next one nowhere near the horizon (late 18, early 19 perhaps), I bet these are the only dates in the US this year. Maybe Ed will do a few dates somewhere warm, but that's about it as far as I'm concerned. 

It ain't 2011 anymore, folks! 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    people need to realize this band is not going to be doing anymore extensive touring cycles without a new album behind them. with the next one nowhere near the horizon (late 18, early 19 perhaps), I bet these are the only dates in the US this year. Maybe Ed will do a few dates somewhere warm, but that's about it as far as I'm concerned. 

It ain't 2011 anymore, folks! 
    Ah, 2011. The good ole' days.

real madrid nard dog GIF
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    RF283499 said:
    JimmyV said:
    RF283499 said:
    JimmyV said:

> added

It was two weeks between Wrigley and Fenway in 2016, too. 8/5 and 8/7 in Boston, 8/20 and 8/22 in Chicago.

Interesting.

Sounds like an expensive way to tour.

Still have a little hope. Because they may want to sell these giant venues before they announce smaller ones. I have seen big bands do that in the past. 
  • Options
    RF283499 said:
    JimmyV said:
    RF283499 said:
    JimmyV said:
    RF283499 said:
    JimmyV said:

> added

Interesting.

Still have a little hope. Because they may want to sell these giant venues before they announce smaller ones. I have seen big bands do that in the past. 
    that's kind of a shitty thing to do to your fans though, don't you think? with so many fans of this band that travel if they believe it is the only option that year, then to turn around and announce a bigger tour, that kind of stinks. has PJ done that before with the wrigley shows? I'm not much of a tour stats Rain Main like some here are. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 647
    Dimi 
    new album?
  • Options
    RF283499 said:
    JimmyV said:
    RF283499 said:
    JimmyV said:
    RF283499 said:
    JimmyV said:

> added

Interesting.

that's kind of a shitty thing to do to your fans though, don't you think? with so many fans of this band that travel if they believe it is the only option that year, then to turn around and announce a bigger tour, that kind of stinks. has PJ done that before with the wrigley shows? I'm not much of a tour stats Rain Main like some here are. 
    In 2013 they announced London, ON and Wrigley in Jan/Feb and then before those shows happened in July announced the new album and Fall tour. But there were months in between and they were announcing additional shows later, not new shows in between. In 2016 they announced the spring arena tour and Fenway/Wrigley at the same time.

• Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,436
    I wouldnt pass on the stadium shows, hoping for a fall arena tour. Be thankful that they are playing shows. 2017 sucked
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    JimmyV said:
    RF283499 said:
    JimmyV said:
    RF283499 said:
    JimmyV said:
    RF283499 said:
    JimmyV said:

> added

Interesting.

In 2013 they announced London, ON and Wrigley in Jan/Feb and then before those shows happened in July announced the new album and Fall tour. But there were months in between and they were announcing additional shows later, not new shows in between. In 2016 they announced the spring arena tour and Fenway/Wrigley at the same time.
    In 2013, I think they had a line in the Wrigley announcement that more North American shows would be forthcoming. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,849
    RF283499 said:
    JimmyV said:
    RF283499 said:
    JimmyV said:
    RF283499 said:
    JimmyV said:

> added

Interesting.

Maybe they do this on purpose so other people (like locals) get a chance to see them?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    RF283499 said:
    JimmyV said:
    RF283499 said:
    JimmyV said:
    RF283499 said:
    JimmyV said:

> added

Interesting.

Maybe they do this on purpose so other people (like locals) get a chance to see them?
    the nutjobs that follow this band just say "fuck it" and go to all of them anyway. :lol:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com