mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    mcgruff10 said:
    RF283499 said:
    JimmyV said:
    RF283499 said:
    JimmyV said:
    RF283499 said:
    JimmyV said:
    So these stadium dates are the only US dates this year?
    Possibility always exists but there has been no real buzz about more dates yet. I think it's dependent on whether or not there is a new album coming.
    You would think that because they out on the road, paying all that staff to be out there with them. They would fill in the gaps with a few amphitheater/arena shows. But after his answer, I am not so sure. 
    I don't expect any more dates between Seattle and Boston. I do wonder if there will be an arena run later in the fall. We'll see.

What are the rumoured dates for all these shows again?

Been a few days but I vaguely remember gaps.

> added

Seattle, WA on August 8th and 10th, Washington-Grizzly Stadium in Missoula, MT on August 13th, Wrigley Field in Chicago (the home of Eddie Vedder‘s beloved Chicago Cubs) on August 18th and 20th, and at Boston’s Fenway Park on September 2nd and 4th.

Can't believe they are doing nothing for the nearly 2 weeks between Chicago and Fenway. I guess maybe give the crew time to go home for a week.
    It was two weeks between Wrigley and Fenway in 2016, too. 8/5 and 8/7 in Boston, 8/20 and 8/22 in Chicago.

Interesting.

Sounds like an expensive way to tour.

Still have a little hope. Because they may want to sell these giant venues before they announce smaller ones. I have seen big bands do that in the past. 
    that's kind of a shitty thing to do to your fans though, don't you think? with so many fans of this band that travel if they believe it is the only option that year, then to turn around and announce a bigger tour, that kind of stinks. has PJ done that before with the wrigley shows? I'm not much of a tour stats Rain Main like some here are. 
    Maybe they do this on purpose so other people (like locals) get a chance to see them?
    the nutjobs that follow this band just say "fuck it" and go to all of them anyway. :lol:
    ha ha.  so true bud!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,641
    mcgruff10 said:
    RF283499 said:
    JimmyV said:
    RF283499 said:
    JimmyV said:
    RF283499 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Possibility always exists but there has been no real buzz about more dates yet. I think it's dependent on whether or not there is a new album coming.
    You would think that because they out on the road, paying all that staff to be out there with them. They would fill in the gaps with a few amphitheater/arena shows. But after his answer, I am not so sure. 
    I don't expect any more dates between Seattle and Boston. I do wonder if there will be an arena run later in the fall. We'll see.

> added

Seattle, WA on August 8th and 10th, Washington-Grizzly Stadium in Missoula, MT on August 13th, Wrigley Field in Chicago (the home of Eddie Vedder‘s beloved Chicago Cubs) on August 18th and 20th, and at Boston’s Fenway Park on September 2nd and 4th.

Can't believe they are doing nothing for the nearly 2 weeks between Chicago and Fenway. I guess maybe give the crew time to go home for a week.
    It was two weeks between Wrigley and Fenway in 2016, too. 8/5 and 8/7 in Boston, 8/20 and 8/22 in Chicago.

Interesting.

Still have a little hope. Because they may want to sell these giant venues before they announce smaller ones. I have seen big bands do that in the past. 
    that's kind of a shitty thing to do to your fans though, don't you think? with so many fans of this band that travel if they believe it is the only option that year, then to turn around and announce a bigger tour, that kind of stinks. has PJ done that before with the wrigley shows? I'm not much of a tour stats Rain Main like some here are. 
    Maybe they do this on purpose so other people (like locals) get a chance to see them?
    the nutjobs that follow this band just say "fuck it" and go to all of them anyway. :lol:
    Only going to 9.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    mcgruff10 said:
    RF283499 said:
    JimmyV said:
    RF283499 said:
    JimmyV said:
    RF283499 said:
    JimmyV said:

> added

Interesting.

Only going to 9.
    lightweight. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,920
    dankind said:
    JimmyV said:
    RF283499 said:
    JimmyV said:
    RF283499 said:
    JimmyV said:
    RF283499 said:
    JimmyV said:

> added

Interesting.

In 2013 they announced London, ON and Wrigley in Jan/Feb and then before those shows happened in July announced the new album and Fall tour. But there were months in between and they were announcing additional shows later, not new shows in between. In 2016 they announced the spring arena tour and Fenway/Wrigley at the same time.
    In 2013, I think they had a line in the Wrigley announcement that more North American shows would be forthcoming. 
    I don't remember exactly but that does sound familiar.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,641
    edited January 2018

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    Running In The DarkRunning In The Dark Denver Posts: 674
    Red Rocks has an open date on 8/15.  That would be a great detour from Missoula to Chicago!
    107 Shows and counting
  • Options
    And there it is. We'll see if the "away shows" announcement includes similar language.

• Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    JimmyV said:
    And there it is. We'll see if the "away shows" announcement includes similar language.
    They also told us that PJ20 & Global Citizen Festival were going to be the only US shows those years.
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    For those interested in Fenway GA there is this. It's the seating chart for Zac Brown in June. They got a small GA pit approved, maybe Pearl Jam can do the same.

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,162
    It must be pretty rough on the close sections, but the ones way at the side.   I'm surprised they sell them that far to the left and right.  The viewing angle can't make it very easy to see much?
  • Options
    Does everyone think the day in between these shows is just simply a rest day for the band?  I went back and looked at the European tour and it looks like there is only one set of back to back dates - London and the rest have a day in between.  It must be expensive reserving these venues for a day where they are not used.  I guess they make enough money on the larger amount of tickets sold in these stadium venues to afford to rent them for an extra day.
    Gorge
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    Does everyone think the day in between these shows is just simply a rest day for the band?  I went back and looked at the European tour and it looks like there is only one set of back to back dates - London and the rest have a day in between.  It must be expensive reserving these venues for a day where they are not used.  I guess they make enough money on the larger amount of tickets sold in these stadium venues to afford to rent them for an extra day.

I figure they put the "rest" day in just in case the first show is rained out. they can move it to the off day

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    I thought a few years ago when the first Wrigley show was being planned there was a city/neighborhood ordinance related to having concerts on back to back nights.  Could be mistaken but I assumed that was the reason for having the day off in between.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    What would be the benefit of announcing two shows in Seattle but not giving any sort of info about ticket sales?  Especially after creating a lot of hype by creating the YouTube video and raising the pj flag above the space needle. 
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,347
    mcgruff10 said:
    What would be the benefit of announcing two shows in Seattle but not giving any sort of info about ticket sales?  Especially after creating a lot of hype by creating the YouTube video and raising the pj flag above the space needle. 
    Right? Doesn’t make sense.  If they wanted these shows to stand out as different, it’s not gonna work if they wait much longer to announce anything else
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

My guess is to allow people that were on the fence about joining 10 Club for ticket benefits a chance to do it!!
    I've seen tons on people on Facebook signing up so they can enter the lottery.
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    LC said:
    Any chance they play 3 shows at Fenway?  I know the screen shot had 2 dates...but the Tuesday after Labor Day weekend just seems like an odd date.  Let's celebrate the 15 year anniversary of the Mansfield experiment with 3 shows!
    pleeeeeeeeease
    4/13/16 - Jacksonville, FL
    9/2/18 - Boston, MA
    9/4/18 - Boston, MA
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,347
    derbydave said:
    mcgruff10 said:

My guess is to allow people that were on the fence about joining 10 Club for ticket benefits a chance to do it!!
    Very very good point... a friend was just asking me about the price lol
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    derbydave said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Dave is always wise.  I am humbled. 
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    Come to Australia slackers.  It's been four years.   B)
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mcgruff10 said:
    derbydave said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Give it a few more years, and that old bastard will be on his shitter dropping covfefes all over the forums. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    JimmyV said:
    For those interested in Fenway GA there is this. It's the seating chart for Zac Brown in June. They got a small GA pit approved, maybe Pearl Jam can do the same.

This is interesting and I wonder if PJ will do it. I’m probably heading to Boston for these shows but my 10C number is high so I’ll get pretty bad seats. Obviously no guarantee to winning GA, but it would be worth the shot over nosebleeds that I can get either way. 
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    derbydave said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Give it a few more years, and that old bastard will be on his shitter dropping covfefes all over the forums. 

Who's to say that I'm not doing that NOW?? :rofl:
    #covfefe

Post edited by derbydave on

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    bbiggs said:
    JimmyV said:

This is interesting and I wonder if PJ will do it. I’m probably heading to Boston for these shows but my 10C number is high so I’ll get pretty bad seats. Obviously no guarantee to winning GA, but it would be worth the shot over nosebleeds that I can get either way. 
    There were no noise bleed seats (upper section) at Fenway from what I remember. Wrigley had them but they also had GA which forced reserved back 25 or so rows. I have a number of 512XXX and got section 94 for night 2. Some may disagree with this but I think those seats are better, while pretty far back, than anything in the C Turf area or even the back of the B. You can see the stage at least and not the back of someones head. To each their own and maybe the tall people out there would disagree. 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    PJNB said:
    bbiggs said:
    JimmyV said:

There were no noise bleed seats (upper section) at Fenway from what I remember. Wrigley had them but they also had GA which forced reserved back 25 or so rows. I have a number of 512XXX and got section 94 for night 2. Some may disagree with this but I think those seats are better, while pretty far back, than anything in the C Turf area or even the back of the B. You can see the stage at least and not the back of someones head. To each their own and maybe the tall people out there would disagree. 
    That’s really good info and great points. Thanks. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    edited January 2018
    Also if PJ does a GA that size at Fenway the odds would be measured in the negative for winning the draw. :lol:
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    PLEASE NO GA AT FENWAY

I love the lottery... win the 1st row golden ticket
  • Options
    feederfeeder Boise, ID Posts: 79
    lolobugg said:

I figure they put the "rest" day in just in case the first show is rained out. they can move it to the off day
    Ummmm, Safeco's roof is retractable.  No Rain-Outs!
    "Have we got a show for you??  No, it's a question!" EV 5/12/22
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    derbydave said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I don't know if they will be eligible for the lottery if they signed up after the announcement was made, going off of past announcements. In particular the TOTD announcement was on July 20 and specifically said that Ten Club members who were active as of July 19 were eligible. That would be lame if anyone who signed up yesterday could enter the lottery.
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    ZeldaZonk said:
    derbydave said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I don't know if they will be eligible for the lottery if they signed up after the announcement was made, going off of past announcements. In particular the TOTD announcement was on July 20 and specifically said that Ten Club members who were active as of July 19 were eligible. That would be lame if anyone who signed up yesterday could enter the lottery.
    Yeah i doubt new memberships will be eligible. It usually states you have to be a member prior to announcement.