Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    Will seattle have GA? 
    Foo Fighters do.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    jmug23 said:
    BS44325 said:
    did they announce that bass player home state show yet?? ;)
    I just booked the Missoula Motel 6...this will be the show...if it happens.
    I booked the hotel right next to that one I believe.  Looks like it is walking distance to venue.  Lets hope its actually happening!
    I think I stayed at that Motel 6 the last time PJ played Missoula for the Tester thing.  It was great, the motel (not hotel) was packed full of PJ fans and everyone had their doors open and were sitting on the porch blasting PJ and getting their pre-funk on.  Remember going into some Montana sports bar after the show which was a fun mix of PJ fans and students.  Also for those looking at Missoula - not sure where you are trying to fly into, but look into Spokane, Washington.  Its not a long drive and not usually an expensive spot to fly to.
    Gorge
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,521
    For those planning on visiting Missoula for the show be prepared to wait for a cab (potentially quite a while) if you're not within walking distance of your destination. Didn't realize/didn't know until I got there but cabs are only dispatched as required. There aren't many to begin with and they aren't just driving aimlessly looking for a fare. Small town after all. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Chadplam said:
    Any thoughts on additional Seattle adds?  I doubt they add a 3rd Safeco show but with loads of PJ fans in town from Wednesday on, I could see a Friday or potentially a Saturday show added.  Maybe even a different venue like the Key?
    Part of me hopes so but I doubt it, I heard a rumour of a Pike Place Market "kickoff" show, it was just speculation and in no way that I'm aware was there any sources to give it validity but would be cool if they did kind of a rooftop Pike Place set of a 3-5 songs
    Not sure what calendar P-Town-P-Jam-Fan is using but the the 2 Seattle shows are Wednesday 8/8 and Friday 8/10.
    You got me.  I meant to say Thursday or Saturday.
    Gorge
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    jmug23 said:
    BS44325 said:
    I booked the hotel right next to that one I believe.  Looks like it is walking distance to venue.  Lets hope its actually happening!
    I think I stayed at that Motel 6 the last time PJ played Missoula for the Tester thing.  It was great, the motel (not hotel) was packed full of PJ fans and everyone had their doors open and were sitting on the porch blasting PJ and getting their pre-funk on.  Remember going into some Montana sports bar after the show which was a fun mix of PJ fans and students.  Also for those looking at Missoula - not sure where you are trying to fly into, but look into Spokane, Washington.  Its not a long drive and not usually an expensive spot to fly to.
    I feel like for such a small venue these tickets will be very hard to get.  I assume the only venue there is the College stadium?
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    BS44325 said:
    If you booked the Motel 6 across from campus and near the stadium bring your earplugs. Train tracks behind it with hourly trains ALL night long.

Stayed there for the 2012 show and glad I brought my earplugs.
    Sweet! The Train kept a rollin' all night long!

Thanks for that advice.
  • Options
    apkirklandapkirkland Big Sky Country Posts: 194
    100 Pacer said:
    For those planning on visiting Missoula for the show be prepared to wait for a cab (potentially quite a while) if you're not within walking distance of your destination. Didn't realize/didn't know until I got there but cabs are only dispatched as required. There aren't many to begin with and they aren't just driving aimlessly looking for a fare. Small town after all. 
    We have Uber in MT now. Hopefully that will alleviate wait times.
  • Options
    jmug23 said:
    BS44325 said:
    This is actually my favorite place to stay in Missoula. Walking distance to the venue & downtown, cheap(ish), & clean. I think there's actually two Motel 6's right next to each other, the one with University in the name is better. We stayed there for the 2012 show too and were amongst the porch dwelling, beer drinking, PJ music blaring fans. Fun times!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    edited January 2018

BS44325 said:
    That's where I stayed in 2012 (assuming it's the one right by the university). It doesn't have the greatest atmosphere, but it's super close to the venue and practically across the street from the bar that is very likely to be used for pre- and after-parties, if you're into that kind of thing.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    I have a severe phobia about staying in a motel.  I’ve seen too many episodes of Hotel Impossible on the Travel Channel. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,339
    jmug23 said:
    BS44325 said:
    This is actually my favorite place to stay in Missoula. Walking distance to the venue & downtown, cheap(ish), & clean. I think there's actually two Motel 6's right next to each other, the one with University in the name is better. We stayed there for the 2012 show too and were amongst the porch dwelling, beer drinking, PJ music blaring fans. Fun times!
    I booked the holiday inn that is very close to campus.  I dont trust any motel 6!  I noticed 2 days ago the comfort inn was already completely booked.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,547
    Chadplam said:
    Any thoughts on additional Seattle adds?  I doubt they add a 3rd Safeco show but with loads of PJ fans in town from Wednesday on, I could see a Friday or potentially a Saturday show added.  Maybe even a different venue like the Key?
    Part of me hopes so but I doubt it, I heard a rumour of a Pike Place Market "kickoff" show, it was just speculation and in no way that I'm aware was there any sources to give it validity but would be cool if they did kind of a rooftop Pike Place set of a 3-5 songs
    Not sure what calendar P-Town-P-Jam-Fan is using but the the 2 Seattle shows are Wednesday 8/8 and Friday 8/10.
    You got me.  I meant to say Thursday or Saturday.
    Either way don't count on a 3rd show
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited January 2018
    What have I missed?
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    on2legs said:
    I have a severe phobia about staying in a motel.  I’ve seen too many episodes of Hotel Impossible on the Travel Channel. 
    It ain't my first choice, that's for sure, and I will basically never stay in one. Options are really limited in Missoula though. It's just a small town, so isn't that well equipped to handle an influx of 25,000 people. Hell, they could barely handle the 5000 - 6000 who probably came for the show in 2012. If anyone is planning on Missoula, book now!! Many will be forced to camp or drive in I think. No way do they have that many hotel and motel spaces in that town.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:
    That's where I stayed in 2012 (assuming it's the one right by the university). It doesn't have the greatest atmosphere, but it's super close to the venue and practically across the street from the bar that is very likely to be used for pre- and after-parties, if you're into that kind of thing.
    Oh I am into that kind of thing! But I don’t think that I booked the right one...I’m at Motel 6 Missoula East. University is sold out!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    BS44325 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:
    Oh I am into that kind of thing! But I don’t think that I booked the right one...I’m at Motel 6 Missoula East. University is sold out!
    Oh, too bad. But at least you got a room - that's what really matters! I think Missoula is going to be a complete gong show with a show that big and so many people traveling in. Anyway, they have a decent public bus service for you to use - pretty sure it will take you straight across town, to the show at least. Not sure how late their services run. FWIW, I actually pretty much walked across nearly the entire town while I was there, to check it out away from the city centre. Took maybe an hour and a half.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    BS44325 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:
    Oh, too bad. But at least you got a room - that's what really matters! I think Missoula is going to be a complete gong show with a show that big and so many people traveling in.
    Boom! Just got last University room off Motel 6 website! Now have one of each and can cancel the one I don’t need. Much thanks to those who commented and steered me straight!
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,339
    PJ_Soul said:
    on2legs said:
    It ain't my first choice, that's for sure, and I will basically never stay in one. Options are really limited in Missoula though. It's just a small town, so isn't that well equipped to handle an influx of 25,000 people. Hell, they could barely handle the 5000 - 6000 who probably came for the show in 2012. If anyone is planning on Missoula, book now!! Many will be forced to camp or drive in I think. No way do they have that many hotel and motel spaces in that town.
    There are about 6 hotels within walking distance to the stadium.  Those are probably all pretty much booked solid by now.  But there is a bunch of hotels out by the airport!  Probably at least a dozen!  But ya book now cause once this is official probably every hotel in town will be booked solid within hours!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    My room is at the "Campus Inn Missoula".  Appeared to be walking distance to venue.  Hope this show happens and tickets aren't crazy hard to get.
  • Options
    timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CA Posts: 294
    edited January 2018
    I booked the Red Lion Inn in Missoula. I'm sure it's nothing special, but if you sign up for their rewards program you get a rate even lower than the advance purchase rate and it's still cancelable. It's a mile and a half from the stadium, but I consider that walkable...plus the walk is through the downtown area
    Edit: appears to be close to a couple breweries, as well
    Post edited by timdwilli on
  • Options
    feederfeeder Boise, ID Posts: 79
    jmug23 said:
    My room is at the "Campus Inn Missoula".  Appeared to be walking distance to venue.  Hope this show happens and tickets aren't crazy hard to get.
    I took a chance and booked a room here, too.  Walking distance and price seemed like a good value.  2012, I booked some place out by the airport.  it was nice just far from the campus.

I think Missoula is used to packing the stadium for football games on a regular basis, It should be a great environment.
    "Have we got a show for you??  No, it's a question!" EV 5/12/22
  • Options
    I have now booked a room in every Motel 6 within a 100 mile radius of the venue...just in case.
  • Options
    Flight to Missoula on a 24 hour hold, hotel booked.  Was a great show in 2012 and the town has a great vibe!   Should I pull the trigger trigger on the flight with or without an announcement tomorrow?  What odds are we playing that the Aug13th will hold??  
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    I have now booked a room in every Motel 6 within a 100 mile radius of the venue...just in case.
    Lol! I think you'll be happiest at the University one. That's where we'll be, for what it's worth!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Flight to Missoula on a 24 hour hold, hotel booked.  Was a great show in 2012 and the town has a great vibe!   Should I pull the trigger trigger on the flight with or without an announcement tomorrow?  What odds are we playing that the Aug13th will hold??  
    I think the date will probably hold, but may not hear by tomorrow. Who knows though. I can’t really see flights being an issue to get, so I’m waiting until I actually get tickets. I’m thinking this show will be very hard to get tickets for. 
    Post edited by jmug23 on
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    BS44325 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    BS44325 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:
    Oh, too bad. But at least you got a room - that's what really matters! I think Missoula is going to be a complete gong show with a show that big and so many people traveling in.
    Boom! Just got last University room off Motel 6 website! Now have one of each and can cancel the one I don’t need. Much thanks to those who commented and steered me straight!
    I just booked a room at Motel 6 University through the Motel 6 website. They were showing a few left. Expedia wouldn't let me book it, just kept telling me to try back later. PJ fans must be blowing it up!!
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    jmug23 said:
    I think the date will probably hold, but may not hear by tomorrow. Who knows though. I can’t really see flights being an issue to get, so I’m waiting until I actually get tickets. I’m thinking this show will be very hard to get tickets for. 
    There are like 35,000 seats including the field. There will be plenty of tickets for those that put it as a first and second priority especially if it is in the same draw as Safeco. 
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    Lol! I think you'll be happiest at the University one. That's where we'll be, for what it's worth!
    I’m in! Let me know when the pre-drink begins!
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    jmug23 said:
    There are like 35,000 seats including the field. There will be plenty of tickets for those that put it as a first and second priority especially if it is in the same draw as Safeco. 
    Oh wow. Thanks for clarification. I must have misunderstood what I read about seating capacity. I understood it to be much smaller. That definitely alleviates some stress. Thanks. 
  • Options
    jmug23 said:
    BS44325 said:
    I booked the holiday inn that is very close to campus.  I dont trust any motel 6!  I noticed 2 days ago the comfort inn was already completely booked.
    Great spot! Right in the middle of everything. You'll be able to walk to lots of breweries, bars, the venue, etc. Can't wait, Missoula's the best!