The Food Thread

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    How was the corn on the cob for this time of year?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    Average.  Probably what people in many areas of the country find to be good.  For any of us who live in spots where great corn is grown, it was not that great.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582

Oh hell yeah, I could dive right into that.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Average.  Probably what people in many areas of the country find to be good.  For any of us who live in spots where great corn is grown, it was not that great.

Yeah, figured. After Memorial Day is usually when it gets good. Love me some corn on the cob though.

Are you down the shore this week?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588

Yeah, figured. After Memorial Day is usually when it gets good. Love me some corn on the cob though.

Are you down the shore this week?
    Was this weekend.  Worst spring weather I've experienced there...it was wild.  Looked like the waters off the coast of South Africa and not South Jersey.  (Hyperbole, but still....)
    Wife was happy, though, so all good for mother's day.

Also, just like every year I'm waiting for the corn and tomatoes to be ready.  So frigging good.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Connemara Spider Crab season.

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,701
    eddiec said:

That looks delicious. Stellar photo as well.

Goddammit, man!  
    Looks amazing.
    Was that a frozen or fresh crab?
    If fresh, did you eat any raw?
    Goddammit, man!  
    Looks amazing.
    Was that a frozen or fresh crab?
    If fresh, did you eat any raw?
    They're local, so alive when I bought it. Didn't eat any parts raw.
    Holy fucking shit 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,701

Haven’t posted here in a while. Tonight I cooked up some shrimp with peppers, onions, and broccoli rabe. Added some Panang curry sauce. It came out pretty good. Lots of leftovers. 
    Looks 👍great!
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,607
    Love rabe. Nice stuff. Didn't know people ate spider crabs. I remember friend catching one off the surf jersey shore.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,443
    edited May 2022
    Been awhile since I posted food. Filipino style pork skewers. Shoulder and secret ingredients sprite and banana ketchup. Edit: no matter how long I soak the skewers I still get some burn. Any suggestions?

Post edited by Get_Right on
    Wow those look amazing.
    No suggestions on the skewers I have the same issue.
    Wow those look amazing.
    No suggestions on the skewers I have the same issue.
    I even put down about 4 inches of foil on the grill to protect the skewers. They still burn.  Fire is flavor I guess :)
    Truth!
    Memorial Day weekend order 

Deer boudin is a staple at fish camp.  Boudin of all types = 🔥 
    Nice

I have not had Boudin or crawdads in a really long time. Its only four of us for memorial day and I am thinking clambake in my huge lobster pot if the weather is nice. Maybe lobsters if they look good are are not too expensive.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Ceviche! Shrimp, scallops & thinly sliced flounder soaking in lime & lemon juice freshly squeezed will refrigerate for two hours and then all the rest of components to have for a late lunch with cold beers or margaritas! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Oh hell yeah that sounds awesome 
    Indeed - I want some!
    Chilled ceviche sliced avocado fresh cilantro! Some of my best so far plus my toes photo bombed the shot 🤣🤣
    Chilled ceviche sliced avocado fresh cilantro! Some of my best so far plus my toes photo bombed the shot 🤣🤣
    Fantastic.
    eddiec said:
    Fantastic.
    So damn good on a steamy hot day will finish it off today, everything is cooked all the way through! Have a great rest of weekend 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    I need to spend more time in this thread. it looks like cliffy eats pretty well. my wife made this salad to go with some salmon I grilled last night.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Part of my meal last night....was tasty.

It's 20c here in Ireland today! That's like 68f but for the west coast it's super hot. 
    Got some lobsters on the BBQ. Boiling the claws.