Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    Yeah, I make the dough sometimes.  Prefer to but need to plan ahead.  ;)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,447
    If I plan ahead I’ll let my dough rest for two days in the fridge. First day I let it do it’s thing. The second day I divide the dough and let rest again for 24h. Might seem like a lot of work but the texture and flavour is top notch. 
    If I don’t plan ahead and wanna make a pizza today then a few hours is good too. 
     Damn I love pizza!!!!!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    Two days....that's dedication!
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,258
    DavidD said:
    If I plan ahead I’ll let my dough rest for two days in the fridge. First day I let it do it’s thing. The second day I divide the dough and let rest again for 24h. Might seem like a lot of work but the texture and flavour is top notch. 
    If I don’t plan ahead and wanna make a pizza today then a few hours is good too. 
     Damn I love pizza!!!!!
    Yep, I make my dough and almost always give it a 2-3 day cold ferment in the fridge.  Whether it's a Neapolitan, traditional American, thin crust, Sicilian, etc....they are always better cold proved. 
    For you pizza lovers and those who like to make homemade pie, I highly suggest "The Pizza Bible" by Tony Gemignani.  Fantastic book that will change your homemade pizza making game.   
  • Options
    ^^ Just added to my book list, thanks
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,341
    I used to make dough when I was a cook at Pizza Hut. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,447
    mca47 said:
    DavidD said:
     Damn I love pizza!!!!!
    Yep, I make my dough and almost always give it a 2-3 day cold ferment in the fridge.  Whether it's a Neapolitan, traditional American, thin crust, Sicilian, etc....they are always better cold proved. 
    For you pizza lovers and those who like to make homemade pie, I highly suggest "The Pizza Bible" by Tony Gemignani.  Fantastic book that will change your homemade pizza making game.   
    True Neapolitan style, it’s in my blood lol
    iv been on a white pizza kick for the last little while. Have a few ideas running through my head. I’ll keep you guys posted  =)
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    My buddy just went to Boston and brought me back some frank Pepe s  quattro formattio with meatballs.  Holy shit it was good!!! @dankind you ever go here?

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I've been to the OG Pepe's in New Haven. The clam pie is killer. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    I need to get there, I heard that pie is amazing.
  • Options
    dankind said:
    I keep saying I am going to stop there as we drive back from VT.  Will have another chance next week -- we'll see!
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    dankind said:
    I keep saying I am going to stop there as we drive back from VT.  Will have another chance next week -- we'll see!
    It's a great town. The taco trucks along Long Island Sound are top notch as well. When you see cabeza and lingua options on the menus, you know you're getting the real deal.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    It's a great town. The taco trucks along Long Island Sound are top notch as well. When you see cabeza and lingua options on the menus, you know you're getting the real deal.
    #truth
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Pepe's, Sally's, Modern in New Haven are all good.  Best pizza on the planet. And yes, I've been to Italy, Chicago, St. Louis and I lived in NYC.  Nothing beats New Haven Pizza.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Now hold on a minute...
    Clam pizza??  WTF?  Lol

So with all of the unacceptable versions of pizza that get dissed, fucking clams are on the OK list?

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    rgambs said:
    Now hold on a minute...
    Clam pizza??  WTF?  Lol

So with all of the unacceptable versions of pizza that get dissed, fucking clams are on the OK list?

Its something special. Unique to CT originally but gaining popularity.
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    rgambs said:
    Now hold on a minute...
    Clam pizza??  WTF?  Lol

Its something special. Unique to CT originally but gaining popularity.
    I ve had it in New York (Lombardo s) and nj And have loved it. 
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    Now hold on a minute...
    Clam pizza??  WTF?  Lol

There is an old school contingent all about clam pizza.  I have never had it but heard from many that it is badass.
    I tried fucking pineapple (puke) on a pizza, will certainly try clams!  :)

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    rgambs said:
    Now hold on a minute...
    Clam pizza??  WTF?  Lol

I wasn't gonna be the one to say it... so, thank you!
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    rgambs said:
    Now hold on a minute...
    Clam pizza??  WTF?  Lol

Yeah, man. we were visiting a friend there, and being a red sauce, mozz purist, I thought that it sounded icky.

First of all, it's a white pie, which I'd always thought was just wrong. Sauce was always an essential for me -- my favorite part, really. Next, it has a whole mess of fucking clams on it. Now I love steamers, but that was always the extent of my clam enjoyment -- OK, that and the few that come with an order of seafood fra diavolo or in a serving of paella. Still, what, in my mind, basically amounted to an open-face hot clam and cheese sandwich sounded beyond fucking disgusting. But I trusted our friend and tried it, and it was absolutely delicious. We ended up ordering another one and taking most of the margherita pie home that we had ordered for me home.

I still need to go back and try the tomato pie sometime. That's supposed to be good as well.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Any NYC pizza peeps also good artists? 

If so, have I got a contest for you: https://donyc.com/p/donyc-pizzafy-a-holiday-movie-poster-contest
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    That is awesome!
  • Options
    Not the best pizza in NYC, but it's up there. Plus, my daughter and I went there at least once a month -- just the two of us -- so it holds a special place in my heart. (Yes, I have a heart.)
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    Now hold on a minute...
    Clam pizza??  WTF?  Lol

No shit!

The self-anointed pizza gurus seem to think they can dictate what crappy toppings are acceptable.

I’ll have pineapple on my pizza a million times before I’ll go with clams lol.

I mean Christ... what’s next? Scruffy’s gonch?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    Now hold on a minute...
    Clam pizza??  WTF?  Lol

No shit!

The self-anointed pizza gurus seem to think they can dictate what crappy toppings are acceptable.

You mean conch?  Ooooh I ll be having conch (scungelli) on Christmas.  

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    Now hold on a minute...
    Clam pizza??  WTF?  Lol

No shit!

You mean conch?  Ooooh I ll be having conch (scungelli) on Christmas.  

I think Thirty's having those weird sex dreams about you again, Scruffy.

NTTAWWT.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    I'm not a big clam guy, but I'd try a clam pie from this place that makes it tasty.  
    I don't have a problem with clams or pineapple on pizza, I am inclusive to the max, make that pizza an orgy if you want!
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    I'm not a big clam guy, but I'd try a clam pie from this place that makes it tasty.  
    I don't have a problem with clams or pineapple on pizza, I am inclusive to the max, make that pizza an orgy if you want!
    So special sauce on your slice, Gambsy?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    rgambs said:
    So special sauce on your slice, Gambsy?
    Yes sir, when I order it I will ask for heavy mayo!
  • Options
    I can't remember if it's mcgruff or dyer that hates mayo, but one of them is gonna puke in their mouth a little with that image!!