Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    Nice Brett!!!! Those pies look amazing. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Nice Brett!!!! Those pies look amazing. 

They do.

I'd eat that clam pizza.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    I was craving white pie

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Did Pepe's live up to the hype? I think its the best pizza on the planet, but I grew up in CT so I am a bit biased.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    mcgruff10 said:
    I was craving white pie

Sure beats the turkey sandwich I’m eating. Ughh 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    I was craving white pie

Looks really good. Really good.

Interesting bite pattern. You have a full set of teeth. How 'unamerican'!
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,207
    mcgruff10 said:
    I was craving white pie

Consider the source, that bite was probably folded. 
  • Options
    Had some thin crust Lou’s tonight. Cheese and sausage. They’re not a one trick pony. The thin crust is insane. 
  • Options
    RiotZact said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I was craving white pie

Never even considered it. That photo might be actually depicting a folded, one-toothed bite.
  • Options
    RiotZact said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I was craving white pie

Never even considered it. That photo might be actually depicting a folded, one-toothed bite.
    Might have even been gummed. 
  • Options
    Damn straight that slice was folded.  
  • Options
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I was craving white pie

mcgruff10 said:

Frick... Riot was right... he folded it and one tooth gummed it.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I was craving white pie

mcgruff10 said:

Frick... Riot was right... he folded it and one tooth gummed it.
    Damn right. Only way to eat a slice. 
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
    Scruffy...

For gawd's sakes... not everyone is a baboon.

I'll never forget a sight I saw at a Mariners game a few years back. A large person came back to their seat in front of me and to the left with two big pieces of pizza. She folded her first piece and proceeded to mow through it at an impressive pace. The fold- combined with the bite- squeezed the grease out of the pizza and down her arm in abundance. Without hesitating and without cleaning, she folded the second piece and commenced with the chow down.

I'm not trying to be mean when I say it was not an appetizing sight and I was very grateful I was not sitting directly beside her. I can typically ignore such events and mind my own business, but I was absolutely fascinated. Don't get me wrong... I never locked in on her in studious fashion- I just checked in periodically between pitches and admired the effort.

This, my friend, is my context for the 'fold'. I'll stick with the traditional 'work my way to the crust from the point' methodology.
  • Options
    Great afternoon at a local brewery with some pizza.  Fold the slice always!
  • Options
    ^ Damn! Not sure what looks tastier...the beer or the pie! 
  • Options
    Scruffy...

I'll never forget a sight I saw at a Mariners game a few years back. A large person came back to their seat in front of me and to the left with two big pieces of pizza. She folded her first piece and proceeded to mow through it at an impressive pace. The fold- combined with the bite- squeezed the grease out of the pizza and down her arm in abundance. Without hesitating and without cleaning, she folded the second piece and commenced with the chow down.

I'm not trying to be mean when I say it was not an appetizing sight and I was very grateful I was not sitting directly beside her. I can typically ignore such events and mind my own business, but I was absolutely fascinated. Don't get me wrong... I never locked in on her in studious fashion- I just checked in periodically between pitches and admired the effort.

This, my friend, is my context for the 'fold'. I'll stick with the traditional 'work my way to the crust from the point' methodology.
    Is it wrong that I got a boner while reading this?
  • Options
    Scruffy...

My wife and I just folded each and every slice of the above pie and didn’t spill one bit of grease.  Sounds like what you were witnessing in Seattle was a novice pizza eater. 
    You seem like the type of guy who uses a knife and fork when consuming pizza. 
  • Options
    RiotZact said:
    Scruffy...

I'm only a novice psychiatrist, but in my assessment... I feel the holiday single announcement has you unbalanced. Drink 12 beer and go to bed.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Scruffy...

My wife and I just folded each and every slice of the above pie and didn’t spill one bit of grease.  Sounds like what you were witnessing in Seattle was a novice pizza eater. 

lol

That ain't me. And now I'm gonna one up you: you seem like the kind of guy that gets out of the shower to pee.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Scruffy...

lol

That ain't me. And now I'm gonna one up you: you seem like the kind of guy that gets out of the shower to pee.
    Lol If I am eating asparagus then hell yes.  

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,492
    mcgruff10 said:
    I was craving white pie

looks like a biology experiment.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    ^ Damn! Not sure what looks tastier...the beer or the pie! 
    the pie, for sure. WTF kind of a beer is that, anyway?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

• Options
    nice to meet 'cha, Mike.

I like the NEIPA's, but that one looks more like a latte.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    It might have been this one:the one on the right is a Hefeweizen.  Definitely latte looking but both were tasty. 
  • Options
    RiotZact said:
    Scruffy...

I'm only a novice psychiatrist, but in my assessment... I feel the holiday single announcement has you unbalanced. Drink 12 beer and go to bed.
    Thanks doc.
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Do you people use fresh yeast or dry yeast?

Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Scruffy...

lol

Lol If I am eating asparagus then hell yes.  

Why would you be eating asparagus in the shower?
    I SAW PEARL JAM