Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,307
    Here's what I do now:

Oatmeal or egg beaters with feta and broccoli or a couple hard boiled eggs with a cup of tea for breakfast
    Couple clementines or mixed nuts with raisins for mid morning snack if I'm hungry
    Low sodium turkey/swiss sandwich on multigrain bread with lettuce, tomato, onion Dijon mustard and a dill pickle spear for lunch
    Apple for late afternoon snack if I'm hungry
    And a sensible dinner (sometimes pizza)!!!

I've pretty much been doing this on a daily basis and working out about 3-4 times a week since Thanksgiving and have lost about 15 pounds so far. It's true that once you get into a rhythm it's pretty easy to stick with. Biggest thing for me is not vegging out with a bag of Herrs Sour Cream and Onion chips when I'm on the couch watching Sixers games or something. That's the shit that really kills me. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    mcgruff10 said:
    Pie looks great!! 
    I went plain pie, fried ravioli, Italian sub and wings tonight.  (Kids pick and really really good)
    I had homemade baked ziti. It was an excellent treat. 
  • Options
    Lorenzo’s 

How many slices did you put down? That is a massive, delicious looking pie! 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    Lorenzo’s 

Two. Felt like five. Pretty damn good. Haven't had Lorenzo's in years
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,636
    Good work,Juggs.  
    I'm working hard to NOT count the pieces of pepperoni.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Good work,Juggs.  
    I'm working hard to NOT count the pieces of pepperoni.
    I must say, the pepperoni on that pie is top notch. Very evenly distributed. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,636
    It is a fucking beautiful thing
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    Christ they used 5 Barbie wheels in that box. Easily over 100 pepperoni slices. Now that’s a freakin Pie with a capital P! 
  • Options
    Christ they used 5 Barbie wheels in that box. Easily over 100 pepperoni slices. Now that’s a freakin Pie with a capital P! 
    It barely fit through the hallway in my brother’s foyer. And he had to put it in the back of his Cherokee to get it home. A fucking monster!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Small NY style from Da Vinci’s tonight. Hate to bore with another plain cheese pic but I wasn’t in the mood for toppings.  Bit of a flub at the 3 o’clock position but otherwise pretty damn good.
  • Options
    That is never boring, to me!
  • Options

Small NY style from Da Vinci’s tonight. Hate to bore with another plain cheese pic but I wasn’t in the mood for toppings.  Bit of a flub at the 3 o’clock position but otherwise pretty damn good.
    Too much crust?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,238

Last night’s fare. Couldn’t keep the vultures at bay long enough to get pics of full pies, but cheese ended up looking like Pac-Man so it’s all good.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,900

I like this one and poncier's a lot.  Nice work.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    edited March 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    My entire life I heard that you have to eat small meals frequently to "keep your metabolism stimulated"...the scientific research behind that??  There is none.

I subscribed to this notion at one point as well.

Bottom line: vegetables, meats, fruits.

And moderation.
    Calories in, calories out. That is about it. Plus getting enough of the right nutrients and vitamins to be and look healthy. Simple. But then it does actually get more complicated once you start looking into ketosis and shit. Carbs vs no carbs, etc. Then more is involved as far as how your body is burning fat/sugars/energy. But generally yeah, weight control is just about how many calories you take in vs how many burn. And FWIW, exercise is seriously only maybe 20% of the equation. Diet is really what people who want to lose weight have to focus on. I mean, someone can go to the gym 2 hours a day, 7 days a week and still not lose any weight if they are still eating 5000 calories a day. I think some very overweight compulsive eaters think that if they just exercise a lot they should lose weight, but that really isn't the case, since it takes SO much exercise to burn relatively few calories, that even excessive exercise isn't going to make a dent in a super high calorie diet. But if someone reduces their daily calorie intake to 1500 calories a day but don't do any exercise at all (or if they do a zero carb diet), the weight will still melt off. Adding exercise would make it melt off just a bit faster (and is good for you obviously, aside from weight loss).
    I am living proof of this, although not intentionally. a couple years ago I was having debilitating anxiety issues and wasn't eating much. Although, probably exactly how much I should be eating.

Small portions
    zero junk food or any type of snacking after dinner/before bed
    zero coffee with sugar in the morning
    zero alcohol (which also meant zero soda)
    zero physical activity (actually even less than usual-since I was just laying around worrying about dying most of the time)

I lost 40 pounds in 60 days. it was insane. people thought I was physically sick, but i wasn't. I just thought I was. 

"unfortunately" I got over my anxiety and gained it all back. 

I hope to go nuts again sometime before summer. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,928
    bbiggs said:
    Lorenzo’s 

in philly or West Chester?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,477
    edited March 2019
    Last nights supper, 
    1stis pineapple, mushroom, onion, & ham
    2nd is pepperoni, ham & double bacon

Good Canadian pizza!!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Left, pass, right....it's on!
    (Pass on preference between the two, left would still be eaten, although I would pick off the pineapple)
    They look good!
  • Options
    Left, pass, right....it's on!
    (Pass on preference between the two, left would still be eaten, although I would pick off the pineapple)
    They look good!
    I'd pick the mushrooms and keep the pineapple, lol.  The one on the right looks like my typical Friday hangover lunch!
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    Lorenzo’s 

West Chester. My brother lives out that way now
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Poncier said:

Last night’s fare. Couldn’t keep the vultures at bay long enough to get pics of full pies, but cheese ended up looking like Pac-Man so it’s all good.
    These look fantastic
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,238
    They were very good.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Ham, pina and green peps on the first -and ham, shrooms and green peps on the 2nd
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    As always, look great
  • Options
    Ham, pina and green peps on the first -and ham, shrooms and green peps on the 2nd
    Adding green pepper to a Hawai'ian pie is a game changer.  Balances out the sweetness of the pineapple a little bit.
  • Options
    Solid.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,900
    Agreed.  Both looks great. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,928
    bbiggs said:
    Lorenzo’s 

West Chester. My brother lives out that way now
    Could have let me know :wink:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596

Adding green pepper to a Hawai'ian pie is a game changer.  Balances out the sweetness of the pineapple a little bit.
     Hawaiian pizza is sort of my guilty pleasure... and yes the green peppers work well to cut the sweet! 
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,565
    I loooooooove pineapple on pizzas. Combine it with the saltiness of pepperoni, ham, or bacon, and with something spicy, like hot peppers or capicola, YUM. One of my faves!!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata