Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    And like pineapple, I have no issue with broccoli on pizza.  I've had it on a white pie before and it's delicious.  But that's just way too much of it (and everything else), though. May as well just eat a salad.
    What is "white pie". Is that what we call "pizza bianco" ?
    It should be, yeah.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    mcgruff10 said:
    And like pineapple, I have no issue with broccoli on pizza.  I've had it on a white pie before and it's delicious.  But that's just way too much of it (and everything else), though. May as well just eat a salad.
    I didn't have a slice so I have no clue how it tasted.  That veggie pizza was way too busy for me.
    With that amazing spread you had, I can see why you didn’t dive into the broccoli pizza. 
  • Options
    Don't forget everyone - Thursday is "Pi Day," 3/14.  We should all celebrate with pizza!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,830
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I didn't have a slice so I have no clue how it tasted.  That veggie pizza was way too busy for me.
    With that amazing spread you had, I can see why you didn’t dive into the broccoli pizza. 
    That was like a quarter of the food lol.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I think if I had broccoli on pizza I might fart so hard, I'd wind up in orbit.

(Lactose intolerance + cruciferous veggies = BLAST OFF!)

At the very least, I'd tear myself a new asshole.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    My wife gets broccoli on her white pizzas, frequently.  I can barely stand the shit on its own...please do not put on a pizza for me.  :)
    That is some pizza lineup there!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    My wife gets broccoli on her white pizzas, frequently.  I can barely stand the shit on its own...please do not put on a pizza for me.  :)
    I love broccoli on its own. Broccoli + pizza = gross. Kind of defeats the purpose of eating healthy for me. If I’m eating broccoli, it’s a healthy meal night. If I’m eating pizza, it’s a “I’m throwing out the healthy diet for a night” type of meal. It’s the equivalent of ordering a Big Mac and fries with a Diet Coke imo. Just go all in and get the regular Coke to go with your 5,000 calorie meal. Lol 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    I love broccoli on its own. Broccoli + pizza = gross. Kind of defeats the purpose of eating healthy for me. If I’m eating broccoli, it’s a healthy meal night. If I’m eating pizza, it’s a “I’m throwing out the healthy diet for a night” type of meal. It’s the equivalent of ordering a Big Mac and fries with a Diet Coke imo. Just go all in and get the regular Coke to go with your 5,000 calorie meal. Lol 
    Those people that ordered Diet Cokes with their Super Sized meals always gave me a laugh when I worked there.
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    Those people that ordered Diet Cokes with their Super Sized meals always gave me a laugh when I worked there.
    Me too, man. Always gets a chuckle out of me. 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Don't forget everyone - Thursday is "Pi Day," 3/14.  We should all celebrate with pizza!
    I thought I’d celebrate with some 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    ^ One of the best films ever. 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    ^ One of the best films ever. 
    In spite of the weird lunar rape scene and pranky sexual misconduct. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,928
    bbiggs said:
    No really true. Broccoli consists of a lot of iron. So it's a good source for that - for e.g. vegetarians even if you eat all the cheese in the worlds at the same time. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    dankind said:
    I thought I’d celebrate with some 

:lol:
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,928
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    bbiggs said:

I'll never forget that one death row inmate who, on his last meal, ordered a diet coke as his beverage.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,512
    edited March 2019
    bbiggs said:

I'll never forget that one death row inmate who, on his last meal, ordered a diet coke as his beverage.
    I personally despise any sugary drink - they're sticky and cloying. I ONLY drink diet sodas and wouldn't drink a regular Coke unless someone paid me to. So if I'm ordering a Diet Coke with my super sized meal with another meal on the side, it's not because I'm trying to save calories. It's because Diet Coke is fucking delicious and refreshing. Diet Pepsi even more so! ... For my last supper on death row, I'd be ordering diet coke for sure... with Crown Royal.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I'm just the opposite.  Aspartame and artificial sweeteners are disgusting to me, and diet sodas taste like chemicals and metal.  If regular sodas suddenly became non-existent though, I'd probably go with Diet Dr. Pepper or Diet Coke.  Those are the only two I've ever tried that actually have any taste even remotely close to their regular counterparts. Pepsi, regular or diet, is just fucking gross.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,219
    I'm just the opposite.  Aspartame and artificial sweeteners are disgusting to me, and diet sodas taste like chemicals and metal. 
    Same. (Not to mention the fact that they are known carcinogens.)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Poncier said:
    I'm just the opposite.  Aspartame and artificial sweeteners are disgusting to me, and diet sodas taste like chemicals and metal. 
    It only has negative effects like that if you're drinking like 8 liters of diet soda a day. Also, it has been claimed that sugar is a carcinogen too, sooo..... I'd personally rather die younger than spend time constantly worrying about what substances might cause cancer if I loaded up on them to an impossible extent.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    Diet Coke is disgusting to me.  Mexican/real sugar Coke is where it is at.
    You can taste the cancer!

;)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Diet Coke is disgusting to me.  Mexican/real sugar Coke is where it is at.
    You can taste the cancer!

;)
    I will say that DIET mexican cola is absolutely delicious with Crown Royal. There is this amazing upscale Mexican restaurant near me that only uses this particular brand of Mexican soda, but I didn't know it at first, and when they brought me my "Crown and diet" I immediately said it was the most delicious Crown and diet I've ever had in my life, and didn't get why until they showed me the bottle.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,478
    Diet sodas, juices and iced teas are the worst.  Bai drinks are borderline. I don't know how people drink that stuff. Sodas should be skipped in general except Canada Dry Ginger Ale for when you are sick (mixed with OJ), or an ice cold Coke when you are very hungover. I will say that when I think of pizza in my youth, it usually came with a 2 liter bottle of soda. Lots of Seven Up and Mountain Dew in the high school days!
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,448
    edited March 2019

you and Bush.....senior, was it?

I love broccoli! :triumph:

probably not on a pizza, tho.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,177
    PJ_Soul said:
    Poncier said:
    It only has negative effects like that if you're drinking like 8 liters of diet soda a day. Also, it has been claimed that sugar is a carcinogen too, sooo..... I'd personally rather die younger than spend time constantly worrying about what substances might cause cancer if I loaded up on them to an impossible extent.
    https://www.popsci.com/diet-sodas-stroke-dementia-heart-disease-risk-study

Conclusions—Higher intake of ASB was associated with increased risk of stroke, particularly small artery occlusion subtype, coronary heart disease, and all-cause mortality. Although requiring replication, these new findings add to the potentially harmful association of consuming high quantities of ASB with these health outcomes. 
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Poncier said:

Conclusions—Higher intake of ASB was associated with increased risk of stroke, particularly small artery occlusion subtype, coronary heart disease, and all-cause mortality. Although requiring replication, these new findings add to the potentially harmful association of consuming high quantities of ASB with these health outcomes. 

everything will kill ya.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Poncier said:

everything will kill ya.
    That’s a pretty archaic justification to partake in anything you’d like to without consideration for the consequences. To each his own.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Poncier said:

everything will kill ya.
    That’s a pretty archaic justification to partake in anything you’d like to without consideration for the consequences. To each his own.

it’s all about genes. look at our fat, big mac eating “president” :angry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Poncier said:

But also:
    However, the authors caution that neither this study, nor ones like it, prove that drinking diet soda causes these diseases. “The most important thing with all prospective studies like this is that you can’t establish causality. 
    And:
    ...its impossible to prove with certainty artificial sweeteners cause detrimental health effects without doing a clinical trial, which would involve giving an excessive amount of artificial sweeteners to a group of people.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Poncier said:

But also:
    However, the authors caution that neither this study, nor ones like it, prove that drinking diet soda causes these diseases. “The most important thing with all prospective studies like this is that you can’t establish causality. 
    And:
    ...its impossible to prove with certainty artificial sweeteners cause detrimental health effects without doing a clinical trial, which would involve giving an excessive amount of artificial sweeteners to a group of people.
    That is a necessary statement on the limitations of the study. It would be naive to use that statement to support the notion that there are no damaging side effects from regular diet soda consumption.