Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Poncier said:
    Who gets to pick tonight, Dankind?
    Is it a kid pizza choice or an adult pizza choice?
    Dan's choice tonight...movie is Steel Magnolias and pizza in Bagel Bites.
    Right.
    I was betting on Three Colours trilogy and Pizza Hut.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Poncier said:
    Who gets to pick tonight, Dankind?
    Is it a kid pizza choice or an adult pizza choice?
    Dan's choice tonight...movie is Steel Magnolias and pizza in Bagel Bites.
    Right.
    I was betting on Three Colours trilogy and Pizza Hut.

Son's choice. But the wife and I are going to a buddy's house for dinner and then a free bar show (Sonya Rae Taylor, pretty good guitarist). My buddy makes a killer red sauce. Anyway, shitty pizza and film choices are not my problem tonight.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Good to know
  • Options
    I will say that the boy chose wisely for pizza. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    That looks awesome!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Yum!
  • Options
    Hope they save me a piece. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Is that an individual
    pie or how they always serve Detroit style?
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Certainly looks better than the Little Caesars I had for lunch today (aka hangover bread).
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Is that an individual
    If an individual ate that whole thing, that individual would be in the hospital. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,476
    mickeyrat said:

oh, hell yeah!!!!!!

my ohio pizza with the crispy pepperoni and the ohio hot italian sub.

I’m fucking drooling.0
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Is that an individual
    If an individual ate that whole thing, that individual would be in the hospital. 
    Challenge accepted.  
  • Options
    dankind said:
    I will say that the boy chose wisely for pizza. 

This looks absolutely delicious. I can only imagine what the bites at the edge of the pieces tasted like with the crisp baked cheese. 

Typically speaking... you don't get a whole lot right, but you had your A-game going here. This pizza might be the best pizza I've seen in this thread. Spiritual's bran muffin pizza has got nothing on this.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    edited February 2019
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    What's for breakfast?  Skip the Cheerios and grab a slice!
    https://www.delish.com/food-news/a26408671/pizza-healthier-breakfast-than-cereal/
    Love it!
    I know this is more a Food Thread topic, but American culture just doesn't understand the breakfast meal.  
    How can you over-inflate the meal and then accept sugar cereal and donuts as valid options for "the most important meal of the day"?  Silly us.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    rgambs said:
    https://www.delish.com/food-news/a26408671/pizza-healthier-breakfast-than-cereal/
    Love it!
    I know this is more a Food Thread topic, but American culture just doesn't understand the breakfast meal.  
    How can you over-inflate the meal and then accept sugar cereal and donuts as valid options for "the most important meal of the day"?  Silly us.
    My Japanese wife makes pizza toast for the kids' breakfast at least once a week. Rao's sauce and fresh mozz on Japanese bread. Killer!
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    rgambs said:
    Love it!
    My Japanese wife makes pizza toast for the kids' breakfast at least once a week. Rao's sauce and fresh mozz on Japanese bread. Killer!
    Any vegetables to that?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    rgambs said:
    Love it!
    Any vegetables to that?
    Most Rao's sauces are tomato based. And while a tomato is technically a fruit, it is considered a vegetable in culinary usage.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    I do not eat breakfast, but the article citing pizza as better for you than cereal is awesome.
  • Options
    For breakfast I usually go
    1. oatmeal with honey and walnuts or banana
    2.  Three hard boiled eggs (no yolk), almonds and fruit
    i would happily trade pizza for either of them. 
  • Options
    4 glasses of water, good to go!
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    1 glass of H2O for every glass of vodka the night prior? 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    mcgruff10 said:
    For breakfast I usually go
    1. oatmeal with honey and walnuts or banana
    2.  Three hard boiled eggs (no yolk), almonds and fruit
    i would happily trade pizza for either of them. 
    You’re speaking my language brother. I eat your #1 meal above every single morning (slight variations).  Give me pizza...
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    dankind said:
    Get_Right said:
    rgambs said:
    Love it!
    Any vegetables to that?
    Most Rao's sauces are tomato based. And while a tomato is technically a fruit, it is considered a vegetable in culinary usage.
    https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/d85fdffe-f2c1-46c3-846a-fff286c5fecf

Pizza for breakfast = a thing of beauty.
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    1 glass of H2O for every glass of vodka the night prior? 
    :lol:
  • Options
    Thru the week if I even eat breakfast, it's oatmeal.  Usually keep a box of instant in my desk at work.  I'll be damned if I'm waking up early to cook at home, it's a struggle getting to work at 8 as it is.
    On weekends, traditional breakfast consisting of any combination of french toast, fried eggs, scrambled eggs, omelette (sausage, bell pepper, onion, tomato, cheese), bacon, sausage, toast.  Or, for thread integrity, leftover pizza.
  • Options
    I never eat breakfast. Might take a banana at work.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    rgambs said:
    Love it!
    Any vegetables to that?
    Not for breakfast. OJ, fruit and yogurt with black sesame are the usual sides. We are lucky.  My wife feeds us well most days.
  • Options
    I tend to eat breakfast and lunch and then go very light on dinner. Standard breakfast in the winter is a whole wheat wrap with egg whites, spinach and salsa. I need a hot breakfast in the winter.  I love oatmeal, but it sometimes gives me heartburn so I tend to skip it.
  • Options
    I never eat breakfast. Might take a banana at work.
    In the spirit (no pun intended) of intermittent fasting... this might be the model to follow.

Humans have grown accustomed to consuming too many calories. Eating a couple balanced and sensible meals between noon and 7pm is a healthy way to go. 

On the weekends, I don't follow this model- all hell breaks loose by design!
    "My brain's a good brain!"