Is America the greatest country in the world?

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mcgruff10 said:
    Annafalk said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Have the two of you ever been to a comedy club?  Geez it was a joke, lighten up Francis. 
    They can’t. They are incapable and only wish to spout hate.
    often and SC only wish to spout hate? did I read that correctly?
    Well one of them.... often got caught in the crossfire. Sorry often. 

Just sick of this...tried to leave the thread and yet here you are quoting me and asking me a question :)
    because i have never seen often spout hate, which is why i asked. i don't think sc spouts hate either. i think he just spouts concern for his fellow humans, as many of us non-americans do here. 
    Well, there are really strange how some show concern :) and do only non-Americans show concern? I don’t think so.
    thats the Canadian Liberal Pearl Jam Militia at its best.  he "knew" the wording sucked, and "of course" it's not only non-Americans...

but you still saw the post, right?  CLPJM
    yes, I paint 300,000,000 people all with the same brush. makes perfect sense. 

look again at my post. I never said americans don't have concern. jesus. I mentioned non-americans since the original post I was responding to was aimed directly at two non-americans. 

Don't even worry about it. He's ultra sensitive. When he very first saw the title of this thread, he got excited and entered it to gloat; however, he became disappointed when people- mostly Americans- weren't supporting the notion.

He had never even stopped to think about any of the items detailing why people might not accept the idea of the US being the most awesome country in the world. He still hasn't stopped to think about them- he's scoffed at them. 

Critical thinking at its finest! 
    we all know the answer, eh.

the CLPJM never rests.

Just for the record... place a question mark after your use of 'eh' and you're bang on!
    How many times a day do you think you say “eh”?
    I only use that phrase when I'm on my dogsled or waking up in my igloo. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    mcgruff10 said:
    Annafalk said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Have the two of you ever been to a comedy club?  Geez it was a joke, lighten up Francis. 

Just sick of this...tried to leave the thread and yet here you are quoting me and asking me a question :)
    because i have never seen often spout hate, which is why i asked. i don't think sc spouts hate either. i think he just spouts concern for his fellow humans, as many of us non-americans do here. 
    Well, there are really strange how some show concern :) and do only non-Americans show concern? I don’t think so.
    thats the Canadian Liberal Pearl Jam Militia at its best.  he "knew" the wording sucked, and "of course" it's not only non-Americans...

but you still saw the post, right?  CLPJM
    yes, I paint 300,000,000 people all with the same brush. makes perfect sense. 

look again at my post. I never said americans don't have concern. jesus. I mentioned non-americans since the original post I was responding to was aimed directly at two non-americans. 

Don't even worry about it. He's ultra sensitive. When he very first saw the title of this thread, he got excited and entered it to gloat; however, he became disappointed when people- mostly Americans- weren't supporting the notion.

He had never even stopped to think about any of the items detailing why people might not accept the idea of the US being the most awesome country in the world. He still hasn't stopped to think about them- he's scoffed at them. 

Critical thinking at its finest! 
    we all know the answer, eh.

the CLPJM never rests.

Just for the record... place a question mark after your use of 'eh' and you're bang on!
    How many times a day do you think you say “eh”?
    Canadians can count, eh?
    The CLPJM never rests!

Don't forget the Swedish Mafia, those fuckers are ruthless..... and play a lot of KISS
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    Innit?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    my2hands said:

Don't forget the Swedish Mafia,

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited March 2019
    Annafalk said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I knew I should have worded that differently. Of course it's not only non-americans who show concern. 
    I’m sorry, I just want everyone to be happy.
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Neil Young is Canadian enough said ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    edited March 2019
    Who came to America 50 years ago, loves it, and has stayed

Just like you did Jose

https://youtu.be/tfyNPxM-M-w
    Post edited by my2hands on
    my2hands said:
    Who came to America 50 years ago, loves it, and has stayed

Just like you did Jose

https://youtu.be/tfyNPxM-M-w
    Touché but my love for this country has seen a big drop..
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    We also sent you Justin Bieber, Nickelback and Celine Dion...so Canada is way ahead.  We also got Rush.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    We also sent you Justin Bieber, Nickelback and Celine Dion...so Canada is way ahead.  We also got Rush.
    Yes Rush puts you over the top lol 
    Would the greatest country in the world have something as corrupt as gerrymandering?

Thank god for an austrian to put a light on it. T-800 MODEL 101 BABY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK2rG58Wq54
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    This country just cut funding for the special Olympics I’d say that alone bring it way down just as low as the peice of shit president ! No longer the greatest country not even close ..

This keeps Canada out of the running as greatest country...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Would the greatest country in the world have something as corrupt as gerrymandering?

Thank god for an austrian to put a light on it. T-800 MODEL 101 BABY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK2rG58Wq54
    Right on Arnold.  Gerrymandering has to go.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

If you paid politicians based on performance, most would be on food stamps...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited March 2019
    Give Peas A Chance…
    US Fanta flavours. Gonna try everyone. 

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481

You’ll blow up like a tick and won’t decompose.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    edited March 2019

:lol:    I hear that grapefruit flavor will make your hair turn yellow.  Look what it did to this dude:

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    brianlux said:

:lol:    I hear that grapefruit flavor will make your hair turn yellow.  Look what it did to this dude:

Rotten joke, Brian. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    brianlux said:

Rotten joke, Brian. 
    :rofl:

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    £2 a can.  Just  wow
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    edited March 2019
    £2 a can.  Just  wow
    £1.66

But it is because they're not from the swedish Coca Cola (We do not have those Fanta flavours here) but imported from the US in some way.

The normal "swedish" cans (Fanta or other) are £0,99 or 2 for £1.66 in this "candy store". In a supermarket a Fanta can would be I guess around £ 0.55
    £2 a can.  Just  wow
    £1.66

But it is because they're not from the swedish Coca Cola (We do not have those Fanta flavours here) but imported from the US in some way.

The normal "swedish" cans (Fanta or other) are £0,99 or 2 for £1.66 in this "candy store". In a supermarket a Fanta can would be I guess around £ 0.55
    Whoa!  For that much (= 2.17 US), I want something good in a bottle like this:

• I remember when I backpacked Costa Rica 25 years ago.

We hit this little establishment in San Jose. The waitress came to our table and proceeded to take our drink order. Rob ordered an Imperial (cerveza). The waitress replied they didn't serve alcohol. We looked at each other... kind of astonished.

Rob said, "Welp. I guess I'll have a Fanta."

I laughed my ass off. Every time I hear the term Fanta... I think to that time. 
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636

Could this be a reason why some Americans have gone crazy lately? ... politically for example ...;) 

Too much sugar and dyes…  :lol: 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    brianlux said:

I believe that was actually from too much Sprite.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    kce8 said:

Could this be a reason why some Americans have gone crazy lately? ... politically for example ...;) 

Too much sugar and dyes…  :lol: 
    Guilty!  Not the dyes, but the sugar.  I was just talking to C. about how I have to cut down on the sugar (again).  I'm an addict! 

Sprite is the best soda, in my humble opinion 
This discussion has been closed.