Options

Is America the greatest country in the world?

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    is canada the greatest country in the world? OH CANADA
    If we had a public education system that produced people capable of posting grammatically flawed and kinda weird posts like this... I’d say, “Not a chance.”
    so you're the best. 
    I’m not sure how one could ever establish such a thing, but if you say so... then thanks I guess!
    Your weather sucks. No way you can be number one. 

We have areas of really really bad weather (gawddam cold). But I can honestly tell you that in my neck of the woods, we have ideal weather for my lifestyle. We have four full seasons with ample snow in the winter and ample heat in the summer. To boot, our local geography is awesome: tons of wilderness, mountains, lakes and rivers.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,830
    mcgruff10 said:
    is canada the greatest country in the world? OH CANADA
    If we had a public education system that produced people capable of posting grammatically flawed and kinda weird posts like this... I’d say, “Not a chance.”
    so you're the best. 
    I’m not sure how one could ever establish such a thing, but if you say so... then thanks I guess!
    Your weather sucks. No way you can be number one. 

We have areas of really really bad weather (gawddam cold). But I can honestly tell you that in my neck of the woods, we have ideal weather for my lifestyle. We have four full seasons with ample snow in the winter and ample heat in the summer. To boot, our local geography is awesome: tons of wilderness, mountains, lakes and rivers.
    Are your summers hot enough to open a pool without a heater?

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,928
    edited March 2019
    "Hey you guys over there have bad weather!" 

*At the same time lives in a country with enough idiots to vote someone like Donald Trump to power, and agrees with people saying "MAGA"*
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    It seems to me that some of the US has bad weather, too, at least from what I've seen. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Have the two of you ever been to a comedy club?  Geez it was a joke, lighten up Francis. 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    mcgruff10 said:
    Have the two of you ever been to a comedy club?  Geez it was a joke, lighten up Francis. 
    They can’t. They are incapable and only wish to spout hate.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    Big Don just cleared this up for everyone. 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    You guys are hilarious!

Talk about pot calling the kettle black. 
  • Options
    Weather commentary = hate speech. That's a new one. 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    yes, way too radical and hateful around here. people actually angry that the President didn't collude.  they hoped their President was actually colluding with Russia, now they're angry to find he didn't.  
    Post edited by rustneversleeps on
  • Options
    Weather commentary = hate speech. That's a new one. 
    Lol. I love it
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,674
    Personally, I like radical weather.  The bigger storm the better.  Extreme hot and extreme cold?  Awesome!  Keeps me in check as to who's in charge on this planet!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,873
    edited March 2019
    To answer the original question posed by the OP...

Not today.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    "i just want to tell you that America is the greatest place on Earth.  the greatest place on Earth.  Thank you very much, thank you." -Big Don
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    It seems to me that some of the US has bad weather, too, at least from what I've seen. 
    I live in Minneapolis.  Can confirm.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mcgruff10 said:
    often and SC only wish to spout hate? did I read that correctly?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    mcgruff10 said:
    Well one of them.... often got caught in the crossfire. Sorry often. 

Just sick of this...tried to leave the thread and yet here you are quoting me and asking me a question :)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Just sick of this...tried to leave the thread and yet here you are quoting me and asking me a question :)
    because i have never seen often spout hate, which is why i asked. i don't think sc spouts hate either. i think he just spouts concern for his fellow humans, as many of us non-americans do here. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    mcgruff10 said:

because i have never seen often spout hate, which is why i asked. i don't think sc spouts hate either. i think he just spouts concern for his fellow humans, as many of us non-americans do here. 
    Well, there are really strange how some show concern :) and do only non-Americans show concern? I don’t think so.
  • Options
    Whoa!  We're all good here, right?  You know, peas in the valley and hohoho green giant!

Alright!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Annafalk said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Well, there are really strange how some show concern :) and do only non-Americans show concern? I don’t think so.
    I knew I should have worded that differently. Of course it's not only non-americans who show concern. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Annafalk said:
    mcgruff10 said:

thats the Canadian Liberal Pearl Jam Militia at its best.  he "knew" the wording sucked, and "of course" it's not only non-Americans...

but you still saw the post, right?  CLPJM
  • Options
    Annafalk said:
    mcgruff10 said:

thats the Canadian Liberal Pearl Jam Militia at its best.  he "knew" the wording sucked, and "of course" it's not only non-Americans...

yes, I paint 300,000,000 people all with the same brush. makes perfect sense. 

look again at my post. I never said americans don't have concern. jesus. I mentioned non-americans since the original post I was responding to was aimed directly at two non-americans. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Annafalk said:
    mcgruff10 said:

look again at my post. I never said americans don't have concern. jesus. I mentioned non-americans since the original post I was responding to was aimed directly at two non-americans. 

Don't even worry about it. He's ultra sensitive. When he very first saw the title of this thread, he got excited and entered it to gloat; however, he became disappointed when people- mostly Americans- weren't supporting the notion.

He had never even stopped to think about any of the items detailing why people might not accept the idea of the US being the most awesome country in the world. He still hasn't stopped to think about them- he's scoffed at them. 

Critical thinking at its finest! 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Annafalk said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Don't even worry about it. He's ultra sensitive. When he very first saw the title of this thread, he got excited and entered it to gloat; however, he became disappointed when people- mostly Americans- weren't supporting the notion.

He had never even stopped to think about any of the items detailing why people might not accept the idea of the US being the most awesome country in the world. He still hasn't stopped to think about them- he's scoffed at them. 

we all know the answer, eh?

the CLPJM never rests.
    Post edited by rustneversleeps on
  • Options
    Annafalk said:
    mcgruff10 said:

we all know the answer, eh.

the CLPJM never rests.

Just for the record... place a question mark after your use of 'eh' and you're bang on!
  • Options
    Annafalk said:
    mcgruff10 said:

the CLPJM never rests.

Just for the record... place a question mark after your use of 'eh' and you're bang on!
    will do, eh. 
  • Options
    Annafalk said:
    mcgruff10 said:

the CLPJM never rests.

How many times a day do you think you say “eh”?
  • Options
    Annafalk said:
    mcgruff10 said:

the CLPJM never rests.

How many times a day do you think you say “eh”?
  • Options
    Eh?

This discussion has been closed.