Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    Social media and the social media mobs suck and are a stain on modern society... people ready to find outrage with anything and everything, even just a picture or 10 second video clip... what a joke

I think many of the people passed off would have been pissed off had they been there too.

What do you want from people? Cold indifference?

You should feel good that people get pissed off when a bunch of shit kids act like assholes. If it generated no voiced displeasure... what would that say about society?
    I'm not just talking about this latest bs... but you think what happened there is national news? People are ready to string those kids up like nazi's over nothing... what did they even do? People see those red hats and are ready to jump, plain and simple

And MOST of the people acting pissed off, acted like assholes a few times when they were kids, likely in worse ways, now have forgotten and think their shit doesnt stink. I'm not fucking buying it
    Maybe. Maybe not. But it’s noteworthy news for a number of reasons.

Social responsibility cannot be selective. The same behaviour would not be ignored if the kids did not have MAGA hats on. 

The MAGA hats are tending to accumulate a body of work that reflects the attitudes of the people that wear them whether you care to agree with this or not.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    Social media and the social media mobs suck and are a stain on modern society... people ready to find outrage with anything and everything, even just a picture or 10 second video clip... what a joke

I think many of the people passed off would have been pissed off had they been there too.

You should feel good that people get pissed off when a bunch of shit kids act like assholes. If it generated no voiced displeasure... what would that say about society?
    I'm not just talking about this latest bs... but you think what happened there is national news? People are ready to string those kids up like nazi's over nothing... what did they even do? People see those red hats and are ready to jump, plain and simple

And MOST of the people acting pissed off, acted like assholes a few times when they were kids, likely in worse ways, now have forgotten and think their shit doesnt stink. I'm not fucking buying it
    Agree.  This kid's life could potentially be ruined because he wore a MAGA hat and smirked at a 70 year old playing a drum in his face?  Like I said before, the kids were typical asshole teenagers with really bad supervision.  Give the kid a Saturday detention or suspend him from future trips.  
    Detention/suspension for what? He met his group at the correct location to depart after their field trip and did nothing wrong from what I can see. If anything he/they exercised their right to free speech and peaceful protest, if it was even that, in Washington DC of all places. 

If he was my child, i would dare the school to take disciplinary action. 
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Native American activist offers to meet Covington Catholic students

https://www.freep.com/story/news/2019/01/22/native-american-nathan-phillips-covington-catholic/2644728002/?fbclid=IwAR1jrhd28t7Ln8jXOxo0Oye9PYPIYyR_QiYc77Wy3TqjxTniS0-dpKXm9tA

Hope they take him up on his offer, the dialogue is good...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I disagree. Please post evidence where I've not been able to grasp this concept and I'll believe you. But I think I never have an issue understanding it.
    oh jesus. I had a feeling you'd say this, but I was hoping you wouldn't. it is absolutely ludicrous to assert you have understood every single time anyone's ever made a comment based on this concept. 
    Hey, I'm just asking for proof. That seems pretty reasonable to me, and no, it's not ludicrous to assert that I've understood the concept when confronted with it, but to ask for evidence in case I'm mistaken. It's ludicrous to suggest that it's impossible, lol.
    Wtf happened here on the AMT in the past month? Everybody is so fucking on edge!

Just wow....you make a post that someone's brain can't comprehend ....then you make a post where you understand everything all the time....

I think for me I'm on edge cause generally I dislike your posts.
    No, I didn't say I understand everything all the time. I said I understand this particular concept.
    But just wow... I am now impressed with myself for making posts that have such power over your mood, lol.
    Don't be too impressed.  The company you keep is not the company you want.
    ..... I sincerely have no idea what that means. Are you the company I don't want?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,846
    my2hands said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Agree.  This kid's life could potentially be ruined because he wore a MAGA hat and smirked at a 70 year old playing a drum in his face?  Like I said before, the kids were typical asshole teenagers with really bad supervision.  Give the kid a Saturday detention or suspend him from future trips.  
    Detention/suspension for what? He met his group at the correct location to depart after their field trip and did nothing wrong from what I can see. If anything he/they exercised their right to free speech and peaceful protest, if it was even that, in Washington DC of all places. 

If he was my child, i would dare the school to take disciplinary action. 
    Good point.  I stand corrected. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Are you sure?

In his circle of friends... he might be a celebrity.

He's a really nice kid. Just go cook him a rib-eye.

* And for the record... in my eyes... this kid's poor behaviour is the failure of his parents. Unfortunately, it doesn't take him off the hook. People ticked off don't want to say 'boys will be boys' when losers act like losers. They want to say 'that was terrible behaviour'.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I disagree. Please post evidence where I've not been able to grasp this concept and I'll believe you. But I think I never have an issue understanding it.
    oh jesus. I had a feeling you'd say this, but I was hoping you wouldn't. it is absolutely ludicrous to assert you have understood every single time anyone's ever made a comment based on this concept. 
    Hey, I'm just asking for proof. That seems pretty reasonable to me, and no, it's not ludicrous to assert that I've understood the concept when confronted with it, but to ask for evidence in case I'm mistaken. It's ludicrous to suggest that it's impossible, lol.
    Wtf happened here on the AMT in the past month? Everybody is so fucking on edge!
    and there you go again. the "sensitivity" nonsense. I'm not on edge. I'm just saying it's so ridiculous to assert what you are asserting. I even stated "I'm sure I've been cincy" in other conversations. 

no one is "on edge", it just sometimes gets exasperating having conversations with people who are never, have never, and probably never will be wrong in their own eyes. and if they are wrong, it's the fault of the person they are speaking to for not explaining their point properly. 

it's exhausting. 
    I'm not sure who in the world you're describing, but I'm not one of those people who is never wrong. I admit when I'm wrong all the time. I just don't think I've done what you said in this case. And I'm open to being proven wrong - that why I asked for examples.

But seriously, yeah, some people have been SUPER sensitive around here lately (Halifax's word, not mine, lol!). Is seasonal affective disorder setting in for you folks or what?
    Well, out of fairness, why don’t you pull up a post or two where you admitted you were wrong? lol 
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Are you sure?

* And for the record... in my eyes... this kid's poor behaviour is the failure of his parents. Unfortunately, it doesn't take him off the hook. People ticked off don't want to say 'boys will be boys' when losers act like losers. They want to say 'that was terrible behaviour'.
    What poor behavior? Smirking and staring after a 70 year old man comes up to you and beats a loud ass drum in your face?

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Are you sure?

What poor behavior? Smirking and staring after a 70 year old man comes up to you and beats a loud ass drum in your face?

Oh f**k are you serious? The old guy is the asshole?

He's not part of the gaggle of idiots that made asses of themselves throughout the entire day? Did you read his (pathetic) account where he talked about how the crowd parted for the old guy then encircled him? How come he never 'parted'? Oh... right... he was the self-anointed calm one of the whole bunch actively working on diffusing the situation.

I'm shocked at how some people here make excuses for this little shithead. Absolutely f**king stunned. Wow.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Are you sure?

He's not part of the gaggle of idiots that made asses of themselves throughout the entire day? Did you read his (pathetic) account where he talked about how the crowd parted for the old guy then encircled him? How come he never 'parted'? Oh... right... he was the self-anointed calm one of the whole bunch actively working on diffusing the situation.

I'm shocked at how some people here make excuses for this little shithead. Absolutely f**king stunned. Wow.
    So again, what did the kid do wrong?  Did he say anything? Make any violent gestures?

i m not saying the old guy was wrong but he didn’t exactly see the results he wanted. 

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,087
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Are you sure?

Yeah it's pretty clear the kid wasn't exactly being a gentleman.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Are you sure?

So again, what did the kid do wrong?  Did he say anything? Make any violent gestures?

i m not saying the old guy was wrong but he didn’t exactly see the results he wanted. 

I actually do think the older gentleman was wrong in his behavior.  Not a big deal, but certainly not the way to diffuse a situation.

What did the kid do wrong?  He didn't step to the side...he didn't walk away from the drum guy.  He also didn't diffuse the situation.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Are you sure?

I actually do think the older gentleman was wrong in his behavior.  Not a big deal, but certainly not the way to diffuse a situation.

What did the kid do wrong?  He didn't step to the side...he didn't walk away from the drum guy.  He also didn't diffuse the situation.
    IMO the only thing the kid did that was wrong was not getting out of the guys way. But who’s to say the old man wouldn’t march up to another kid. 
    Yet another situation where the news and social media made things a million times worse. 

Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Are you sure?

“oh, but he looked at him funny”. This is all so stupid, lol
    Would people have preferred him pepper spray, spit on or beat down the fella, or go tip over dumpsters and light them on fire?  
    It’s so ridiculous that it is almost funny!

• Options
    edited January 2019
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Are you sure?

Would people have preferred him pepper spray, spit on or beat down the fella, or go tip over dumpsters and light them on fire?  

MAGA hat, stupid grin and looks....I am thinking that is enough evidence to maybe try him as an adult and go for the death penalty?  ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Are you sure?

MAGA hat, stupid grin and looks....I am thinking that is enough evidence to maybe try him as an adult and go for the death penalty?  ;)
    All I know is that these kiddos are obviously now convinced that they should vote blue in the next election, ha

Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Are you sure?

The old guy took a chance. Did it work out? Not with this group of people. Don't worry. He's probably learned that his place is in the background. Just like people exercise patience for old people at crosswalks... we exercise patience in all other areas of life. They've earned it.

The kid disrespected an elder in the ways already described. In my parts... that is something seriously frowned upon and not condoned in any way. I'm gathering that in other parts of the world, the same levels of respect are not in place.

As a side (not that the kid would have thought about this ahead of time nor is he responsible for it)... the image of him smirking at the old man with his bright red hat on is symbolic of the US' social culture at the moment. It's obscene.
  • Options
    Isn’t Rush on mid days?
    Here’s what I found.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/01/16/democrats-dont-want-a-deal/

Talk about cleaning up the mockery.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Are you sure?

Or go grill the great kid a rib eye!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
    everybody deserves the right to congragate and protest in a peacefull fashion but when you get two or three different groups of people prosting different points of view this is what can happen , and we can all have different points of view as to how we percieve what happened in this event ...
    If that was my son whith the smug face i'd still make him issue an apology , but i'm sure his parents are proud of him for standing his ground ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Are you sure?

The old guy took a chance. Did it work out? Not with this group of people. Don't worry. He's probably learned that his place is in the background. Just like people exercise patience for old people at crosswalks... we exercise patience in all other areas of life. They've earned it.

The kid disrespected an elder in the ways already described. In my parts... that is something seriously frowned upon and not condoned in any way. I'm gathering that in other parts of the world, the same levels of respect are not in place.

As a side (not that the kid would have thought about this ahead of time nor is he responsible for it)... the image of him smirking at the old man with his bright red hat on is symbolic of the US' social culture at the moment. It's obscene.
    Where is your outrage at the “black Israelites” talking down to the Native American?  What they said was far worse than the teenager “looking at him funny”.  
    Maybe that isn’t frowned at or obscene in “your parts”
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Are you sure?

Awe hell, buy ‘em a keg too. Tap it at 7:00 and send the daughters over at 9:00.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Are you sure?

Where is your outrage at the “black Israelites” talking down to the Native American?  What they said was far worse than the teenager “looking at him funny”.  
    Those guys are hopeless losers. They're not worth a minute of my time.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
    The same thing would happen if someone wore Fuck Trump Hats people would def take offense , if you wear MAGA hat it's telling everybody you stand with him and everything he stands for you can't be selective you wear the hat you stand for everything he has done so far , does it mean you should be attacked verbally or physically , No 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Are you sure?

Awe hell, buy ‘em a keg too. Tap it at 7:00 and send the daughters over at 9:00.

Nowadays it is tap the keg at 3pm and in bed by 10pm. Lol

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Are you sure?

After school, week day drinking was the bomb. Sometimes during school. Zero tolerance has ruined all of that. Different era.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    This era sucks. Learn how to drink, man.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515

PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Are you sure?

I actually think the loudmouthed Christian (No, they were NOT black Jews - they were going off about Jesus) should go onto some kind of terrorist watchlist TBH. Forgetting how the mob of teenagers acted for a sec (and yes, they definitely displaying some of their own aggressive behaviour, and 100% aggressively surrounded that Native drummer, and it seemed menacing to me. and it also seemed clear that he was trying to calm down the situation, and no, he didn't walk up and drum in a kid's face. The kids surrounded him very quickly when he simply walked between the mob and the crazy racist crazy person)... That fucking crack pot who yelled terrible things to literally anyone who came near him for over an hour before the drummer even came into the picture seems dangerous to me. He is a total extremist and did bring up some violent points. The one thing I will give him credit for is that he's a Christian who is super against the Catholic Church. Otherwise, he's a disgusting, sexist, racist homophobe.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Can’t post a link for some reason.

According to the inter webs black Hebrew Israelites practice varying degrees of both Christianity and Judaism 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Are you sure?

After school, week day drinking was the bomb. Sometimes during school. Zero tolerance has ruined all of that. Different era.
    Snapple bottles was my go to in high school. Half Snapple and half of whatever you could get your hands on lol. 

This discussion has been closed.