Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,699
    CM189191 said:
    Idiot in chief is a disgrace , how many kids were killed in parkland? Where was his outrage back then ? I’d say mass shootings are national emergency 
    Yeah I kept thinking of that during his awful speech.

and I can’t bekieve how awful Nancy and Chuck were. They made trump look better.
    Really?  Were they taking children and keeping them in cages?  bc tRUmp did that
    Huh? He did that on tv during his speech?

you all really are so anti-trump you can’t see any other idiots can you?
    I don't understand what your criticism is of Chuck and Nancy.  Is it style, is it substance?  Did you not like the words they used or disagreed with the positions?  Perhaps you need to better describe your definition of "idiot".  
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    CM189191 said:
    Idiot in chief is a disgrace , how many kids were killed in parkland? Where was his outrage back then ? I’d say mass shootings are national emergency 

and I can’t bekieve how awful Nancy and Chuck were. They made trump look better.
    Really?  Were they taking children and keeping them in cages?  bc tRUmp did that

Yes, he did that during his speech.  He literally got on tv and requested money for additional border guards, surveillance and holding facilities. 

tRUmp's supporters and enablers are idiots also

WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,119
    mrussel1 said:
    CM189191 said:

I don't understand what your criticism is of Chuck and Nancy.  Is it style, is it substance?  Did you not like the words they used or disagreed with the positions?  Perhaps you need to better describe your definition of "idiot".  
    Both. They’ve done nothing for many many years on immigration. They, along with many Congress people and some presidents own this freakin mess.  

And their style was awful and it matters. Ask JFK and Nixon if it matters. They blew their chance to relate to people. What they said certainly had more truth than trump, but it matters how you say it. And it matters who says it, and these idiots helped create this mess.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    CM189191 said:

Both. They’ve done nothing for many many years on immigration. They, along with many Congress people and some presidents own this freakin mess.  

And their style was awful and it matters. Ask JFK and Nixon if it matters. They blew their chance to relate to people. What they said certainly had more truth than trump, but it matters how you say it. And it matters who says it, and these idiots helped create this mess.
    why? what's wrong with immigration?

by any metric, illegal immigration improved under Obama/Nancy/Chuck's watch

....maybe it's not the illegal part you take issue with, so much as it is the immigration part...
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    CM189191 said:

Well you don't just make yourself an engaging speaker.  They are stiff, but they are effective legislators in my book.  McConnell is too, whatever I think of his positions.  I don't think that means they "blew" it.  And I think that Democrats would negotiate for comprehensive immigration reform. I think it's pretty clear that it's the hardliners on the right that are preventing that from happening.  

I emailed both JFK and Nixon to get their opinion.  Checkers replied for Dick and said he was going for a walk.  I'll let you know what I hear. 
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    mrussel1 said:
    CM189191 said:

More concentration camps!  

Did I say that right?
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    SNiFFFFFF
  • Options

President Trump says he's cutting off FEMA money for California fires

• Options
  • Options
    SNiFFFFFFF
  • Options
    bobby's SO CLOSE
  • Options
    Tiki said:
    mrussel1 said:
    CM189191 said:

More concentration camps!  

Did I say that right?
    What the fuck are you talking about? 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,990
    Tiki said:
    His original post referred to "forrest" fires.  He has since corrected it or deleted/reposted.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    ahem.
    russia russia russia...
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    CM189191 said:

this is what tRUmp is trying to distract everyone from with his wall speech today

I hope he goes off the rails on live TV and Mulvaney has to step in and cut him off
    Hey, remember when all this shit happened?
     1) Don Jr, Kushner and Manafort met with Kremlin-linked lawyer indicted for obstruction of justice
    2) Manafort gave internal polling data to Russian Intelligence
    3) Manafort communicated with Russians about Ukraine peace plan
    4) #SCOTUS rules for Mueller
     Don't get distracted by the wall.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,774
    Tiki said:

President Trump says he's cutting off FEMA money for California fires

What a nasty, little, tiny, evil man. He has to be out of government soon. All he does is try to hurt people...isn't that a high crime? 

The more he destroys our system, the happier putin is.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Tiki said:

Are you fucking kidding me? This is beyond comprehension. At least I know I haven't grown numb to how horrible this disgrace is. Unbelievable. 
  • Options
    This is the week all the preliminary letters go out, right?

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    mrussel1 said:
    I emailed both JFK and Nixon to get their opinion.  Checkers replied for Dick and said he was going for a walk.  I'll let you know what I hear. 
    Kudos for the Checkers reference. I had a spaniel in the 70's that we named Checkers. Nixon was a shit, but he loved that dog.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Kudos for the Checkers reference. I had a spaniel in the 70's that we named Checkers. Nixon was a shit, but he loved that dog.
    Love me some obscure historical references..
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    Tiki said:

Are you fucking kidding me? This is beyond comprehension. At least I know I haven't grown numb to how horrible this disgrace is. Unbelievable. 
    It's just trolling.  Read what he is saying... "Unless they get their act together"... it's conditional and full of crap.  What does getting their act together mean?  How does an agency measure a state's 'act'.  Feinstein is blowing it off because she knows it's ridiculous.  
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,570
  • Options
    https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/424551-trump-says-emergency-declaration-coming-without-border-deal-with-dems

Okay, so this is how Trump saves face with his base.  This is his out.  He declares an emergency.  The House will sue to stop it, and will likely prevail.  The wall shall not be built but Trump can scapegoat both the congress and courts.  It was literally his only way out.  He doesn't truly care whether it is built, only inasmuch as it affects his base of support which he needs for the upcoming Mueller report.  Pretty straightforward and kind of a win/win for him.  
    And the suckers swallow it yet again.  
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    Don Jr apparently telling close friends that he expects to be indicted. Awesome. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,654
    edited January 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    CM189191 said:

I must say, since you accused others of it, your bias is really showing with your reaction to those two last night. I understand that you think they should have done more in the past, but they weren't humiliating fuckers on TV last night, and didn't say anything idiotic. I suspect you'd be saying this no matter what they said or how they said it last night.
    Personally, I think their style is irrelevant (even though there was nothing wrong with it as far as I can tell. They were just quite serious and not overly emotional). All that matters was one sentence: "We don't govern by temper tantrum." End of story.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Tiki said:
    He could at least send them some rakes...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Tiki said:
    He could at least send them some rakes...
    Yeah, it is madness that that he has done this, especially right now. It is a truly spiteful act. I don't know why I keep getting shocked by this guy, but I do, every damn day. It just gets worse and worse, and when it seems like it couldn't possibly get any worse, it does. I have to now assume there is literally no rock bottom until he pushes the button.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Trump threatens to yank funds for California wildfire recovery

https://globalnews.ca/news/4830483/trump-california-wildfires-fema-funding/?utm_source=GlobalNational&utm_medium=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3ydL1QE8SfQMGvgtb0tBLU3_u_ssJJihWMOxpL63MS18tMIkTpsyFUKyg

Trump also at one point linked imports of Canadian lumber to the deadly California wildfires, which forced thousands to flee from their homes.

I guess Canada is partly responsible.  

On behave of Canada, we apologize...lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Don Jr apparently telling close friends that he expects to be indicted. Awesome. 
    I wonder how much he actually cares? Someone else suggested yesterday that if he is indicted and convicted he would just be pardoned anyhow. So perhaps he still feels relatively comfortable? .... I'm really not sure how it would all go down.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    CM189191 said:

I must say, since you accused others of it, your bias is really showing with your reaction to those two last night. I understand that you think they should have done more in the past, but they weren't humiliating fuckers on TV last night, and didn't say anything idiotic. I suspect you'd be saying this no matter what they said or how they said it last night.
    Personally, I think their style is irrelevant (even though there was nothing wrong with it as far as I can tell. They were just quite serious and not overly emotional). All that matters was one sentence: "We don't govern by temper tantrum." End of story.
    The style does matter if you are to win over people though. It matters a lot.

My bias is showing...not sure. Perhaps. I liked most but not all of what Chuck said. Nancy’s words were ok but not great.  It was more than being serious, it was stiff as hell. 

But you are probably a little right in that my ability to listen to people that helped cause a problem pretend to care about it now might cloud my thinking a little.  But seriously, watch it again and let me know if you really think their response helped their position. Do you think they helped gain any more support?  And please don’t deflect by saying neither did trump or anything like that cause that isn’t what I’m discussing. Trump and his speech can be discussed separately.  And yes he was awful and spoke limited truth and mostly rhetoric bullshit. 
    hippiemom = goodness
This discussion has been closed.