Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,120
    I’m unsure who is more delusional. Trump who claimed victory when losing the house or those here claiming a democrat blue wave when they lost seats in the senate and lost Florida, Ohio and Texas despite all that $. And now they think Beto is the next presidential Hope! Oh my.
    Since the Dems didn’t anticipate winning the senate, I’d venture a guess and say the president?
    I’m thinking it’s pretty equal between trump and the Canadians on this board 
    wow, you're really hating on us canadians lately. 
    Nah I’m mostly kidding, except on this one.  

If evenflow? Ever comes back around he can talk to you about our American-Canadian battles. All in good fun.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,247
    MayDay10 said:
    Ginsberg fell and broke ribs

FML
    Just read that. Fell in her office and broke 3 ribs. This asshat is going to get 3 picks.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I’m unsure who is more delusional. Trump who claimed victory when losing the house or those here claiming a democrat blue wave when they lost seats in the senate and lost Florida, Ohio and Texas despite all that $. And now they think Beto is the next presidential Hope! Oh my.
    Democrats won:
    1. 7 Governorships
    2. It looks like 37 House seats.  Here's a fun fact.. this is the most the D's have won in an election since...wait for it...1972, in the middle of Watergate.  This number is also bigger than 2006 which Bush himself classified as a 'thumping'
    3. 330 state seats.  This..is...HUGE.  

Is it a wave?  Who the fuck knows.  Did they win every race important to them?  Of course not.  But it was a far, far better night for Democrats than Republicans.  That cannot even be disputed rationally.  
    Facts don't matter because, wait for it...Canadians.
    yeah, it seems the canadians aren't allowed to have an opinion on affairs that can have an effect on us, our neighbours, our family, our friends. 

it's funny how my2hands keeps whining about being attacked for having a dissenting opinion, but just because some of us are not american, our opinions are invalid or unwelcome. 

I'm sure some here would be more than happy to hear from us if we agreed with them all the time. 

then maybe all americans should STFU about everything outside their borders? or does that not apply to the US?
    I have a lot of friends in Canada, and they seem to have a better grasp on American politics than most of my friends on this side.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,900
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Democrats won:
    1. 7 Governorships
    2. It looks like 37 House seats.  Here's a fun fact.. this is the most the D's have won in an election since...wait for it...1972, in the middle of Watergate.  This number is also bigger than 2006 which Bush himself classified as a 'thumping'

Is it a wave?  Who the fuck knows.  Did they win every race important to them?  Of course not.  But it was a far, far better night for Democrats than Republicans.  That cannot even be disputed rationally.  
    yeah, it seems the canadians aren't allowed to have an opinion on affairs that can have an effect on us, our neighbours, our family, our friends. 

it's funny how my2hands keeps whining about being attacked for having a dissenting opinion, but just because some of us are not american, our opinions are invalid or unwelcome. 

I'm sure some here would be more than happy to hear from us if we agreed with them all the time. 

then maybe all americans should STFU about everything outside their borders? or does that not apply to the US?
    With all due respect I really don't see any Americans on these forums talk shit about other countries.  In these forums it really is the world bashing the us.  It gets old Hugh; I often wonder why all these individuals even visit here if all they do is complain about the US.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Democrats won:
    1. 7 Governorships

I have a lot of friends in Canada, and they seem to have a better grasp on American politics than most of my friends on this side.

I think this is mostly due to the fact that we can read.

(just kidding)
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Democrats won:
    1. 7 Governorships

With all due respect I really don't see any Americans on these forums talk shit about other countries.  In these forums it really is the world bashing the us.  It gets old Hugh; I often wonder why all these individuals even visit here if all they do is complain about the US.  
    ugh. we're not "bashing the US". we're bashing the current administration (and your ridiculous gun laws/culture). I don't understand why people can't make that distinction. 

do I take it personally when people make fun of Trudeau? bash away. I don't give a fuck. 

when you have an asshat that is the laughingstock of the planet as the president, who is forming policy that is rolling back human rights progress, killing the planet, possibly winning an election with help from a foreign government, endless corruption, yeah, it's world news. especially with our geographical proximity. 

whether you like it or not, this affects us too. not to the same extent as it affects americans, but it does. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Since the Dems didn’t anticipate winning the senate, I’d venture a guess and say the president?
    I’m thinking it’s pretty equal between trump and the Canadians on this board 
    wow, you're really hating on us canadians lately. 
    There's really only one way to respond to someone hatin' on Canadians...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWza5PQA5Zc
    Hahaha. 

Thumbs up buddy.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    It’s ok for Canadians to have opinions.  I have opinions on Canada from time to time.  I don’t spend every once of strength telling you how much your country sucks 24/7.  That’s just me. 
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    I used to badmouth Canada, until I learned all about them in the mid-1990s.

https://www.theonion.com/perky-canada-has-own-government-laws-1819563891

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    It’s ok for Canadians to have opinions.  I have opinions on Canada from time to time.  I don’t spend every once of strength telling you how much your country sucks 24/7.  That’s just me. 

Come on... it's more like 1 or 2/6. And we are strong up here. Don't worry about us losing our strength.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    Jason P said:

Come on... it's more like 1 or 2/6. And we are strong up here. Don't worry about us losing our strength.

Nah, it's a 2-4. What else?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Jason P said:
     neither do any of us. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Jason P said:
    Every once... Is that american slang for something?

Image result for sctv bob and doug
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    Smellyman said:
    dignin said:
    How is this even possible?

White House pulls CNN's Jim Acosta's pass after contentious news conference

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/07/media/trump-cnn-press-conference/index.html
    fascism

I keep saying it, but the entire press corps should refuse to cover Trump in support of a fellow journalist. It isn't like any 'real news' comes from any arm of the WH. And the press has been denigrated so much that it is time that they refuse to cover the WH, even in gaggles. Or send interns if they must send anyone. 

CNN had 2 pipebombs sent to their work places. It's time to stop covering the damn rallies too. We know what bs is being said. Send a single person into the crowd with a smartphone and refuse to be penned up and abused. 

It's time.
    I actually disagree with this. The press's job is to cover the news, no matter how combative the subject is. it's unfortunate, but they have to keep plugging along. if the MSM quits/walks out, he installs a bunch of propaganda news orgs to cover him and they increase in visibility and there you have it: state media in full force. 

I do agree with a previous comment that they need to become more united. If Sanders or Trump won't answer a question, no one else put their hand up to be called upon until that question gets answered. or ask the same damn question. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignin said:
    Jason P said:

Hugh and Dignin (pre-party for Moosejaw PJ show).

Do you prefer the 12 once beers or the 16 once beers?
  • Options
    dignin said:
    Jason P said:

Del speak American, 12 ounce beers not 12 once beers. 
  • Options
    dignin said:
    Jason P said:

It's hard to see it in this picture but I have an 8 once flask of rye (Alberta Premium) tucked up in my touque (or toque).
  • Options
    Team Mueller writing his final report as we speak. Guess he didn't need Team Trump Treason's answers to his questions unless he's recommending indictment. My guess is, is that the report might be released to Rosenstein on Monday or Tuesday (isn't there a big parade in Washington on Monday with tanks and jets and stuff?) so we can salivate all next week as to what it says. Figure the leaks will come from the Justice Department. Just in time for the holidays and conversation around the table and tv.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    Jason P said:

Hey Gomer... read Jason P's comment and Dignin's response to 'get in the loop' lol!
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,658
    Team Mueller writing his final report as we speak. Guess he didn't need Team Trump Treason's answers to his questions unless he's recommending indictment. My guess is, is that the report might be released to Rosenstein on Monday or Tuesday (isn't there a big parade in Washington on Monday with tanks and jets and stuff?) so we can salivate all next week as to what it says. Figure the leaks will come from the Justice Department. Just in time for the holidays and conversation around the table and tv.
    How do you know this?  Or speculation?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    Jason P said:

Hey Gomer... read Jason P's comment and Dignin's response to 'get in the loop' lol!
    gomer. lol
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    He subscribes to the Mueller fanclub newsletter. He's just a digital member though...so no vinyl for him. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Like Team Trump Treason, going with my gut. Question becomes, if they don't release the report, what are they hiding? I mean if, 

"There was no collusion."
    "I don't know any Russians."
    "I have nothing to hide."
    "I'll sit down and talk with anyone."
    "We do everything by the book."
    "Only the guilty plea the fifth."

Why wouldn't you want the full report to be released and be totally vindicated?

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    He subscribes to the Mueller fanclub newsletter. He's just a digital member though...so no vinyl for him. 
    I wonder what the quality of the vinyl PTape is like? Hopefully there is no hissing or pops. I bet they have the best mystery poster sales too.
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I wonder what the quality of the vinyl PTape is like? Hopefully there is no hissing or pops. I bet they have the best mystery poster sales too.
    Join the fanclub for $40 to find out! Can't guarantee you'll receive the vinyl in a timely manner though. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Putin on the ritz don’t mess around. Digitally enhanced (they had to, hmm, hmm) blue ray, high def. 

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    And I’d much rather be a fan of Team Mueller than Team Trump Treason. It’s the difference between being a fan of PJ or Justin Bieber.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    And I’d much rather be a fan of Team Mueller than Team Trump Treason. It’s the difference between being a fan of PJ or Justin Bieber.
    Bieber's not a good comparison. Gwar would be more appropriate. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    I went to a gwar concert back in high school, it was some of the craziest shit I have ever seen. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    I went to a gwar concert back in high school, it was some of the craziest shit I have ever seen. 
    Guy I work with is in a band and he sent me this last year.

His guitarist with GWAR. What a bunch of goofs!
This discussion has been closed.