Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    And I’d much rather be a fan of Team Mueller than Team Trump Treason. It’s the difference between being a fan of PJ or Justin Bieber.
    Bieber's not a good comparison. Gwar would be more appropriate. 
    To each their own.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,623
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    And I’d much rather be a fan of Team Mueller than Team Trump Treason. It’s the difference between being a fan of PJ or Justin Bieber.
    I went to a gwar concert back in high school, it was some of the craziest shit I have ever seen. 
    Guy I work with is in a band and he sent me this last year.

His guitarist with GWAR. What a bunch of goofs!
    GWAR is from here in Richmond.  Every year they do some special shows down at the National.. what hoot!  Crazy shit for sure.  I don't like going to see them, but sometimes will head down to watch the people go in.  
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    tbergs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Team Mueller writing his final report as we speak. Guess he didn't need Team Trump Treason's answers to his questions unless he's recommending indictment. My guess is, is that the report might be released to Rosenstein on Monday or Tuesday (isn't there a big parade in Washington on Monday with tanks and jets and stuff?) so we can salivate all next week as to what it says. Figure the leaks will come from the Justice Department. Just in time for the holidays and conversation around the table and tv.
    How do you know this?  Or speculation?
    He subscribes to the Mueller fanclub newsletter. He's just a digital member though...so no vinyl for him. 
    I wonder what the quality of the vinyl PTape is like? Hopefully there is no hissing or pops. I bet they have the best mystery poster sales too.
    Putin on the ritz don’t mess around. Digitally enhanced (they had to, hmm, hmm) blue ray, high def. 
    I heard that it's streaming in Russia. 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    njnancy said:
    tbergs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Team Mueller writing his final report as we speak. Guess he didn't need Team Trump Treason's answers to his questions unless he's recommending indictment. My guess is, is that the report might be released to Rosenstein on Monday or Tuesday (isn't there a big parade in Washington on Monday with tanks and jets and stuff?) so we can salivate all next week as to what it says. Figure the leaks will come from the Justice Department. Just in time for the holidays and conversation around the table and tv.
    He subscribes to the Mueller fanclub newsletter. He's just a digital member though...so no vinyl for him. 
    I wonder what the quality of the vinyl PTape is like? Hopefully there is no hissing or pops. I bet they have the best mystery poster sales too.
    Putin on the ritz don’t mess around. Digitally enhanced (they had to, hmm, hmm) blue ray, high def. 
    Ba-do-boom! Winner, winner, Ptape after dinner!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    I went to a gwar concert back in high school, it was some of the craziest shit I have ever seen. 
    See? Craziest shit you've ever seen. Like the Trump administration. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    njnancy said:
    tbergs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nice
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    njnancy said:
    tbergs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    But Donald’s stream is kind of weak, for some reason. 

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,514
    my2hands said:
    I’m unsure who is more delusional. Trump who claimed victory when losing the house or those here claiming a democrat blue wave when they lost seats in the senate and lost Florida, Ohio and Texas despite all that $. And now they think Beto is the next presidential Hope! Oh my.
    Since the Dems didn’t anticipate winning the senate, I’d venture a guess and say the president?
    I’m thinking it’s pretty equal between trump and the Canadians on this board 
    At least I'm not the only one
    Is this supposed to be funny or what?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I’m unsure who is more delusional. Trump who claimed victory when losing the house or those here claiming a democrat blue wave when they lost seats in the senate and lost Florida, Ohio and Texas despite all that $. And now they think Beto is the next presidential Hope! Oh my.
    Democrats won:
    1. 7 Governorships
    2. It looks like 37 House seats.  Here's a fun fact.. this is the most the D's have won in an election since...wait for it...1972, in the middle of Watergate.  This number is also bigger than 2006 which Bush himself classified as a 'thumping'
    3. 330 state seats.  This..is...HUGE.  

Is it a wave?  Who the fuck knows.  Did they win every race important to them?  Of course not.  But it was a far, far better night for Democrats than Republicans.  That cannot even be disputed rationally.  
    Facts don't matter because, wait for it...Canadians.
    yeah, it seems the canadians aren't allowed to have an opinion on affairs that can have an effect on us, our neighbours, our family, our friends. 

it's funny how my2hands keeps whining about being attacked for having a dissenting opinion, but just because some of us are not american, our opinions are invalid or unwelcome. 

I'm sure some here would be more than happy to hear from us if we agreed with them all the time. 

then maybe all americans should STFU about everything outside their borders? or does that not apply to the US?
    With all due respect I really don't see any Americans on these forums talk shit about other countries.  In these forums it really is the world bashing the us.  It gets old Hugh; I often wonder why all these individuals even visit here if all they do is complain about the US.  
    ugh. we're not "bashing the US". we're bashing the current administration (and your ridiculous gun laws/culture). I don't understand why people can't make that distinction. 

do I take it personally when people make fun of Trudeau? bash away. I don't give a fuck. 

when you have an asshat that is the laughingstock of the planet as the president, who is forming policy that is rolling back human rights progress, killing the planet, possibly winning an election with help from a foreign government, endless corruption, yeah, it's world news. especially with our geographical proximity. 

whether you like it or not, this affects us too. not to the same extent as it affects americans, but it does. 
    You know this is bullshit right? A whole thread entitled “is America the best” just to list all the reason (not this admin) as to why it isn’t. Fuck that. Own it.

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    There wouldn't be a thread called "Is America the Greatest Country in the World" if American's weren't constantly claiming that it is. When a country makes such claims and has based its entire self-identity on that premise for decades, it's got to be expected that people are going to confront that.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Democrats won:
    1. 7 Governorships
    2. It looks like 37 House seats.  Here's a fun fact.. this is the most the D's have won in an election since...wait for it...1972, in the middle of Watergate.  This number is also bigger than 2006 which Bush himself classified as a 'thumping'

Is it a wave?  Who the fuck knows.  Did they win every race important to them?  Of course not.  But it was a far, far better night for Democrats than Republicans.  That cannot even be disputed rationally.  
    yeah, it seems the canadians aren't allowed to have an opinion on affairs that can have an effect on us, our neighbours, our family, our friends. 

it's funny how my2hands keeps whining about being attacked for having a dissenting opinion, but just because some of us are not american, our opinions are invalid or unwelcome. 

I'm sure some here would be more than happy to hear from us if we agreed with them all the time. 

then maybe all americans should STFU about everything outside their borders? or does that not apply to the US?
    With all due respect I really don't see any Americans on these forums talk shit about other countries.  In these forums it really is the world bashing the us.  It gets old Hugh; I often wonder why all these individuals even visit here if all they do is complain about the US.  
    ugh. we're not "bashing the US". we're bashing the current administration (and your ridiculous gun laws/culture). I don't understand why people can't make that distinction. 

do I take it personally when people make fun of Trudeau? bash away. I don't give a fuck. 

when you have an asshat that is the laughingstock of the planet as the president, who is forming policy that is rolling back human rights progress, killing the planet, possibly winning an election with help from a foreign government, endless corruption, yeah, it's world news. especially with our geographical proximity. 

whether you like it or not, this affects us too. not to the same extent as it affects americans, but it does. 
    You know this is bullshit right? A whole thread entitled “is America the best” just to list all the reason (not this admin) as to why it isn’t. Fuck that. Own it.

own it? what do you mean by that in this context? are you implying that I'm being disingenuous?

absolutely not bullshit. I would think you'd know that by now. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Guy I work with is in a band and he sent me this last year.

His guitarist with GWAR. What a bunch of goofs!
    CSB
    in college I worked as a doorman where gwar played.  My jobs that night: 
    bring gwar beer in green room
    watch concert from sidestage while making sure no one snuck in back door behind stage
    after the show, oderus urungus ran out into the back alley and proceeded to dump a 50 gallon garbage can of empty cans and bottles over his head in the middle of the street, which I had the luxury of cleaning up
    bring gwar more beer in green room
    fun night! 
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Democrats won:
    1. 7 Governorships

A thread started by an American, I believe, and not one advocating for that opinion. 

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    America...not that great.  Then OR now.
  • Options
    Sure seems like people from other countries have more interest in the U.S. than U.S. citizens have for other countries. Not sure why that is. Maybe the entertainment (movies/music/etc.)? 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Slavery was bad.

Slaughter of the natives was also bad.
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Trump sucks.

Thread Integrity and, well, he does. 
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    Trump sucks.

Thread Integrity and, well, he does. 
    https://media.giphy.com/media/xTiTnHXbRoaZ1B1Mo8/giphy.gif

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Sure seems like people from other countries have more interest in the U.S. than U.S. citizens have for other countries. Not sure why that is. Maybe the entertainment (movies/music/etc.)? 
    I can only speak for myself as a canadian, but a lot has to do with the entertainment we consume, yes. not just movies and music, but the TV watch. we see american political ads more than our own. We see more american news than we do our own. 

the US, historically, has put itself into a position of high scrutiny by way of foreign policy, so it's only natural that other nations are interested in their politics. 

I also think 9/11 had a lot to do with how intersted people became in the US. I know I never watched one single solitary second of american news until that happened (maybe accidentally after the simpsons) and I watched so much of it for the ensuing weeks and months, that it changed my viewing habits. the reach of US politics is global. Not so for most other nations. 

you also don't see happening what is happening in the US anywhere else in the western world. Brexit was a massive deal when that was happening. People were focused on Britain and the EU. But we're all fixated on the US more, because, well, there is so much happening at any given time it's kind of hard to ignore. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    I'm not sure why anyone gets all amped up about our Canadian friends engaging in our political discussion.  While I may disagree with @BS44325 , I don't recall anyone saying he shouldn't post because he is Canadian (maybe they did, but I would vehemently disagree)  I'm baffled by this whole line of discussion.  In this forum, why would someone's country be relevant at all to the discussion?
  • Options
    I can only speak for myself as a canadian, but a lot has to do with the entertainment we consume, yes. not just movies and music, but the TV watch. we see american political ads more than our own. We see more american news than we do our own. 

the US, historically, has put itself into a position of high scrutiny by way of foreign policy, so it's only natural that other nations are interested in their politics. 

I also think 9/11 had a lot to do with how intersted people became in the US. I know I never watched one single solitary second of american news until that happened (maybe accidentally after the simpsons) and I watched so much of it for the ensuing weeks and months, that it changed my viewing habits. the reach of US politics is global. Not so for most other nations. 

you also don't see happening what is happening in the US anywhere else in the western world. Brexit was a massive deal when that was happening. People were focused on Britain and the EU. But we're all fixated on the US more, because, well, there is so much happening at any given time it's kind of hard to ignore. 
    I always thought that entertainment had a lot to do with it. Didn't realize you guys were subjected to so much American news though. 

As for 9/11, I could see how that would garner interest. And you're right that U.S. politics are global. That's why it's such a shame that Trump is in charge. Thought it's not fair, I could understand someone across the ocean thinking that we all must be insane if Trump is our leader. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm not sure why anyone gets all amped up about our Canadian friends engaging in our political discussion.  While I may disagree with @BS44325 , I don't recall anyone saying he shouldn't post because he is Canadian (maybe they did, but I would vehemently disagree)  I'm baffled by this whole line of discussion.  In this forum, why would someone's country be relevant at all to the discussion?
    to be fair, I recall H2M, on a number of occasions, referring to BS's citizenship in a less-than-complimentary way. 

But I agree completely. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Mike Myers' book

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/film/before-wayne-and-dr-evil-an-excerpt-from-mike-myerss-new-book-canada/article32363211/

Growing up in Toronto, the local American TV we got was from Buffalo. The highlight of Buffalo TV was, of course, the legendary Irv Weinstein.

Irv was the main newscaster for Eyewitness News on channel 7. He is a folk hero in Toronto. Ted Baxter-like, yet much smarter and way more tasteful. He was the ultimate anchorman. To us in Toronto, it seemed like Buffalo was constantly on fire. We marvelled at Irv Weinstein’s ability to come up with synonyms for firefighters. For example, he could say, “Buffalo firefighters today battled a three-alarmer in an abandoned rooming house at Lackawanna and Main.” In the next story, it would be, “Buffalo blaze-busters tackled a massive electrical fire in an abandoned factory near Grand Island.” Or it could be, “Buffalo smoke-eaters today are still battling an unyielding inferno in an abandoned carpet store in Tonawanda.” All the stories ended the same way: “Arson is suspected.”

Similarly, it seemed to us in Toronto that there was a 24-hour-a-day running gun battle happening on the streets of Buffalo. When I was old enough to steal beer, we developed a drinking game. Everyone had to take a sip of Molson Export every time Irv Weinstein said, “Arson is suspected” or “the suspect died later of multiple gunshot wounds.” On one humid August evening, there were so many fires and gun battles in Buffalo that I almost gave myself alcohol poisoning.

When there was a snowstorm, my brothers and I would watch Buffalo TV and be jealous of Buffalo schoolchildren as the newscasters read out the names of schools that were closed because of the snow. We never had snow days! Equally upsetting was Kentucky Fried Chicken. How is it that a state that was one-10th the size of my province, Ontario, had a dish named after it, especially one that was so delicious that my father claimed it had a chemical in it that made you crave it every two weeks. Equally puzzling was Colonel Sanders. Why was he a colonel? Later, I found out that he was a Kentucky colonel, which is an honorary title. My dad, however, a critic of the Vietnam War, said, “Colonel Sanders? The Americans have even managed to militarize chicken.”

It was also a travesty that you would see toys advertised on American TV that were not sold in Canada. And if the toy was sold in Canada, the announcer would give the price and then a super-sped-up announcer would tack on, “Canadian orders add 10 dollars.” Canadian orders add 10 dollars? That’s not fair! Even less fair was when that same sped-up guy would say, “Not available in Canada.” Cruel.

We were obsessed with the Buffalo accent – the way the word top sounded like “tap.” The word dollar sounded like “daller.” They worshiped “Gad,” and they loved their “dyad” and “mawm.” I’m sure they would pay “tap daller” to see their “dyad” hanging out with “Gad.”

But of course, Canadians have an accent too. Some Canadians think the Canadian accent is, by its nature, the absence of an accent. As if the Canadian accent is zero on any given accent-measurement scale. They are deluded. The Canadian accent has its own vowel sounds, lexicon and pronunciations. For example, in the Canadian accent, process sounds like PROH-sess; milk can sound more like melk; margarine is pronounced mar-jer-EEN, like wolverine; tiger can slip into tagger; decals become deckles. Canadians pronounce New Orleans as New Or-LEENS. In Canada, pasta is pronounced paasta, like Mount Shasta, and you’ll eat the leftovers to-MORE-oh, not tuh-MARR-ow. Your mother is not your mom, but your mum, and if she’s a sex worker, she’s not a whore, she’s a hoo-er.

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,576
    edited November 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    to be fair, I recall H2M, on a number of occasions, referring to BS's citizenship in a less-than-complimentary way. 

But I agree completely. 
    In advocating for US military involvement overseas, of which he neither has friends, family serving or a financial stake in via tax dollars and usually in support of a Zionist agenda. Damn right I’ll call that out and criticize it.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    And I’d call out any other nationality for advocating for it as well.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

But I agree completely. 
    In advocating for US military involvement overseas, of which he neither has friends, family serving or a financial stake in via tax dollars and usually in support of a Zionist agenda. Damn right I’ll call that out and criticize it.
    That's an interesting distinction for sure.  I'd have to think deeply on that.  Under the argument of "what happens in the US affects the world", there's an argument for.  But it's our blood and treasure.  
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I think everyone on the face of the planet has every right to say whatever they like about US military involvement overseas, and that they would have every reason and justification to. I'm surprised anyone needs to give that a second thought.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

But I agree completely. 
    That's an interesting distinction for sure.  I'd have to think deeply on that.  Under the argument of "what happens in the US affects the world", there's an argument for.  But it's our blood and treasure.  
    When it’s your citizens dying, getting maimed and adding huge costs to your nation’s health care system and the cost is sucking resources away from education, infrastructure and tax breaks or a PTSD person shoots up a public space or kills their spouse and kids and you know people who have served and were negatively impacted, yea, its a whole other matter.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Nobody has a problem with the canadians participating in the discussion... or my Swedish friend

But, having the same group of Canadians constantly bash, stereotype, and name-call my country and it's people, therefore stereotyping me in the process, gets a little fucking old. 

This is a beautiful country filled with beautiful people, it's frustrating to see people lazily stereotype a country of 325 million people... and it is the same group of canadians, and the swede, who constantly do it. Educate yourself or find a new schtick, uf not dont get your feelings hurt when there is push back. That's all i'm saying
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    my2hands said:
    Nobody has a problem with the canadians participating in the discussion... or my Swedish friend

But, having the same group of Canadians constantly bash, stereotype, and name-call my country and it's people, therefore stereotyping me in the process, gets a little fucking old. 

This is a beautiful country filled with beautiful people, it's frustrating to see people lazily stereotype a country of 325 million people... and it is the same group of canadians, and the swede, who constantly do it. Educate yourself or find a new schtick, uf not dont get your feelings hurt when there is push back. That's all i'm saying
    Oh well. Tough shit that you don't like it I guess. It probably would suck when you COMPLETELY mischaracterize what we say like that. Of course your panties are in a twist when you're pretending that we're lazily stereotyping every single American in the country, lol. And if you're pretending we don't know what we're talking about and don't know America. And that our feelings are hurt (That sounds a lot like you right now!). You're simply wrong on all counts, so this seems like your problem, not ours. If you can't see that, don't get your feelings hurt when we talk about the US.
    What seems to escape some of you is that we actually care about America and what happens there - if we didn't we wouldn't talk about it or think about it or learn about it anywhere near as much.
    Also, it's the same group of Canadians and one Swede because we're the only group of Canadians and one Swede who regularly post in the AMT, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
This discussion has been closed.