Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    We have two more yrs of watching the idiot knocking down democracy brick by brick this country won’t be recognizable by the time this administration gets done with it ...

Oh, just wait. Apparently Junior is thinking of running for office, too. Why not? I mean, all you do is watch TV all day, tweet a bit, give some speeches. How hard could it be?
    Or Ivanka to become the 1st woman president i would not put either scenario past this nation , we are doomed and it sucks ...
    Oops, my bad, ivanka the daughter ... I was thinking of his dipshit wife.
    The first or the third?
    His current wife Melania?
    Be Best
    a̶n̶t̶i̶-̶b̶u̶l̶l̶y̶i̶n̶g̶  Be Best
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    Smellyman said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    We have two more yrs of watching the idiot knocking down democracy brick by brick this country won’t be recognizable by the time this administration gets done with it ...

Oh, just wait. Apparently Junior is thinking of running for office, too. Why not? I mean, all you do is watch TV all day, tweet a bit, give some speeches. How hard could it be?
    Or Ivanka to become the 1st woman president i would not put either scenario past this nation , we are doomed and it sucks ...
    Oops, my bad, ivanka the daughter ... I was thinking of his dipshit wife.
    The first or the third?
    His current wife Melania?
    Be Best
    a̶n̶t̶i̶-̶b̶u̶l̶l̶y̶i̶n̶g̶  Be Best
    And relentlessly mock those who aren't.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,553
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,750
    A seems to me a little strange that 27% of the world's people trust Trump.  The U.S. only represents 4.4% of the world's population.  I would think the other 95.6% would knock that 27% total down more.  I guess there are morons all over the damn place.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,981
    brianlux said:
    A seems to me a little strange that 27% of the world's people trust Trump.  The U.S. only represents 4.4% of the world's population.  I would think the other 95.6% would knock that 27% total down more.  I guess there are morons all over the damn place.
    It's really unbelievable.  If dems don't show up for this next election I don't think I want to live here anymore.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,750
    brianlux said:
    It's really unbelievable.  If dems don't show up for this next election I don't think I want to live here anymore.
    If you find a sane place on earth, let me know!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    Yeah 10 days ago he was talking about how compelling Ford's testimony was....now she was a hoax?

This sells well to the ignorant chud that makes up his base.  It's really gross.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,117
    Its pretty disgusting all those still support trump that use to hate “lying politicians”. Heck they still think trump just tells it like it is....bs. He is the biggest lying politician there has ever been...and they are eating that up. Hypocrites 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,074
    Its pretty disgusting all those still support trump that use to hate “lying politicians”. Heck they still think trump just tells it like it is....bs. He is the biggest lying politician there has ever been...and they are eating that up. Hypocrites 
    Nailed it.  Great post.
  • Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    I don't recall seeing this article on the boards but if it's already been posted my apologies.

I know that the conversation about parallels between Nazi Germany and the current direction under Trump have come up in the past.  It seems that some dismiss out of hand that there is any parallel usually because the end direction won't be the same, i.e. the Holocaust.  I found this article by Dr. Christopher Browning, one of the preeminent Holocaust historians, to be interesting.  It is important to note, that he makes a distinction in regards to where our country is heading versus the direction taken by Nazi Germany:

"Total control of the press and other media is likewise unnecessary, since a flood of managed and fake news so pollutes the flow of information that facts and truth become irrelevant as shapers of public opinion. Once-independent judiciaries are gradually dismantled through selective purging and the appointment of politically reliable loyalists. Crony capitalism opens the way to a symbiosis of corruption and self-enrichment between political and business leaders. Xenophobic nationalism (and in many cases explicitly anti-immigrant white nationalism) as well as the prioritization of “law and order” over individual rights are also crucial to these regimes in mobilizing the popular support of their bases and stigmatizing their enemies"

The entire article is well worth a read:  https://www.nybooks.com/articles/2018/10/25/suffocation-of-democracy/
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Yep....and along those sames lines, those are the same people that yammered on and on about deficits under Obama.  Deficits that the GOP themselves asked for, yet now tRump blows the deficit beyond where anyone would have thought it would go and they don't fucking care.

• Options
    At least 2 years....
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,245
    edited October 2018
    I can't even, I mean...fuck.

"You, sir, under historic scrutiny, were proven innocent," Trump said to Kavanaugh. The FBI probe into the allegations against Kavanaugh reportedly found no corroboration of the allegations against him but was criticized by Democrats for not being a full investigation.

Trump apologizes to Kavanaugh for sexual misconduct allegations during confirmation

Post edited by tbergs on
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,307
    tbergs said:

"You, sir, under historic scrutiny, were proven innocent," Trump said to Kavanaugh. The FBI probe into the allegations against Kavanaugh reportedly found no corroboration of the allegations against him but was criticized by Democrats for not being a full investigation.

Trump apologizes to Kavanaugh for sexual misconduct allegations during confirmation

He is a horrible person. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    edited October 2018
    tbergs said:

How dare he apologize on my behalf! Kavanaugh can give his 'I'm an impartial, independent calling balls and strikes' speech all he wants; he will always be undeserving of the seat into which he was rammed. Trump is shameless. I knew he would be an incompetent president but I could never imagine just how gleefully he would stoke victimization in victory and ridicule and disregard the majority of the country. He revels in dividing the country with fear and imagined others while democracy slowly falls apart. 

The people demonstrating are exercising the very tenets of democracy; they are not a crazed mob. Dr. Ford is a survivor who is being vilified by the most powerful man in the world. 

I am disgusted. And I vote. 
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,307
    mfc2006 said:
    Yeah 10 days ago he was talking about how compelling Ford's testimony was....now she was a hoax?

This sells well to the ignorant chud that makes up his base.  It's really gross.
    So was he lying last week or was he lying today?
    Fuck him
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

Fuck him
    I just had a woman laughing at my anger on FB and defending the entire Trump line. She said the country was being ruined by ignorant self indulged democrats and vilified survivors. It's the first time I unfriended someone but there is reasoned debate and then there are just assholes. 
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    mfc2006 said:

Fuck him
    I just had a woman laughing at my anger on FB and defending the entire Trump line. She said the country was being ruined by ignorant self indulged democrats and vilified survivors. It's the first time I unfriended someone but there is reasoned debate and then there are just assholes. 
    Fuck her, fuck him and VOTE.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    mfc2006 said:

Fuck him
    Neither. She was initially compelling. It took time for evidence to come out to suggest it was a fabrication. Constructed out of whole cloth on a beach in Delaware with the assistance of former FBI agent and Holton Arms alumnus Monica McClean. The tail would probably have been successful too if it wasn’t for the Avenatti and Swetnick canard. 
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    mfc2006 said:

Fuck him
    Neither. She was initially compelling. It took time for evidence to come out to suggest it was a fabrication. Constructed out of whole cloth on a beach in Delaware with the assistance of former FBI agent and Holton Arms alumnus Monica McClean. The tail would probably have been successful too if it wasn’t for the Avenatti and Swetnick canard. 
    Yea, the made up tale on the beach includes therapists notes from 2012. Such BS from the guy who’s afraid to give the babysitter a ride home. What’s next? Separate sections for men and women in public spaces? Are you proud?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    mfc2006 said:

Fuck him
    Yea, the made up tale on the beach includes therapists notes from 2012. Such BS from the guy who’s afraid to give the babysitter a ride home. What’s next? Separate sections for men and women in public spaces? Are you proud?
    The therapists notes weren’t shared. Nobody has seen them. Strange that. Also...after this whole episode I definitely ain’t driving the baby sitter home. Pretty sure I’ve been proven right on that. You would be the first in line to try and ruin me.

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    BS44325 said:
    mfc2006 said:

Fuck him

I think the Democrats would have been successful if they let the Republicans rush to a vote before they had a chance to catch their wind instead of trying to delay the vote past the November elections.  GOP were like a boxer that got rocked but made it to the end of the 5th round by clinching.  Dems were throwing the wild uppercuts while GOP worked the body and won the decision.

Hindsight is 20/20.  I probably would have used the delay strategy as well.  
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    BS44325 said:
    mfc2006 said:

Fuck him

I think the Democrats would have been successful if they let the Republicans rush to a vote before they had a chance to catch their wind instead of trying to delay the vote past the November elections.  GOP were like a boxer that got rocked but made it to the end of the 5th round by clinching.  Dems were throwing the wild uppercuts while GOP worked the body and won the decision.

The math was never in the dems favour. They should have just let it go and concentrated on the midterms. They went through all this...lost...and made November much harder for themselves. 
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mfc2006 said:

Fuck him
    The therapists notes weren’t shared. Nobody has seen them. Strange that. Also...after this whole episode I definitely ain’t driving the baby sitter home. Pretty sure I’ve been proven right on that. You would be the first in line to try and ruin me.

And neither were other witnesses interviewed by the FBI. Would you trade therapists notes for a thorough FBI investigation? Proven right? Bahahahahahahahaha! Yea, sure. Meanwhile, Hillary still walks free. I’m sure you believed Clinton’s accusers though. Feeling like a victim based on your gender and race?

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Jason P said:
    BS44325 said:
    mfc2006 said:

Fuck him

I find these past days very difficult. And tonight was like a dagger in an already angry heart. I especially find it difficult to have another woman spew Trump's garbage at me. That said, it's best for me to not comment further since I am so emotional. This is truly a very painful moment for a lot of women, and men.  Maybe it's just that I"m silly & confused. Couldn't possibly have a cogent thought.  :|
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,648
    BS44325 said:
    Jason P said:
    BS44325 said:
    mfc2006 said:

Fuck him

The math was never in the dems favour. They should have just let it go and concentrated on the midterms. They went through all this...lost...and made November much harder for themselves. 
    Dems lost about 1 or 2% on the chance of flipping the house. My guess is that they’ll make this up and then some in the next couple weeks. Swing voters don’t like the attacking of victims and republicans can’t seem to stop. Their echo chamber is telling them it’s a good strategy. 
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,257
    tbergs said:

He is a horrible person. 

Not such much a person as a collection of horrible traits. -- Gary Cohn said that.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Delaware? I had nothing to do with it, I swear! Lol
  • Options
    Yup, get ready for that red wave in the mid terms that cements Team Trump Treason’s overwhelming, landslide re-election and gives repubs a lock on power for generations. BS said so so it must be true.

​​Donald Trump's Approval Rating Has Dropped in Every State: Poll - Newsweek https://apple.news/ATNsCs391SKu2StNR6Jd8DA

Brilliantati©
This discussion has been closed.