Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    tbergs said:
    my god how stupid is that?
    I've never seen anyone so brainwashed by a president. They treat these stupid rallies like a concert. What the hell is wrong with people? Did weird shit like this happen for any other president? Oh wait, nevermind, no other president has ever held rallies for themselves while in office outside of during the year of re-election.
    Thats what happens.  Trump comes out and does his whole schtick, with his catch phrases that everyone parrots and cheers for.  It is like WWE events.

Who does this?  Its Donald Trump.  The guy has been a hokey cartoon character since the 80s.  Not someone to 'follow' and get excited about.
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    I've never seen anyone so brainwashed by a president. They treat these stupid rallies like a concert. What the hell is wrong with people? Did weird shit like this happen for any other president? Oh wait, nevermind, no other president has ever held rallies for themselves while in office outside of during the year of re-election.

And it needs to be said again here...

The GOP is rubbing Trump in the face of liberals- just so happy that their traditional opponents are outraged... choosing to ignore the blatant abuse of power and sheer level of ignorance on full display ('choosing to ignore' is framing it lightly... in some cases they are celebrating it). It seems they could care less if the country was being run into the ground as long as their liberal neighbours felt some level of pain.

What I think they fail to understand is the liberal outrage for the idiot is not partisan based. The liberal outrage is authentic concern for a legitimate and reckless internal threat- not to mention an international embarrassment- for the US. The last Republican president, Bush, was brutal; however, the level of animosity he generated was nowhere near what it is for Trump. Don't get me wrong... the displeasure was certainly there for the warmongering puppet, but to the levels the country 'typically' experiences from the opposition (see opposition to Obama).

At his worst, Bush couldn't generate 1300 pages of outrage on a forum such as this (remember there was a locked one earlier). Mostly everyone agreed that the war of terror was an atrocity and as such, Bush was open to major criticism; however, on a daily basis... even Bush managed to conduct himself in a manner that was baseline presidential and far from rogue.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    The W administration was 100x's worse than this administration 
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    You're probably right.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    You're probably right.
    And got reelected, so put on your seatbelt
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    my2hands said:
    No. 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,610
    I can't get over what a piece of shit tRump is.  Just a disgusting human being.  How anyone can support this piece of shit blows my mind.

I'm really quite bummed that we finally got a "business person" who was not a career politician in a high office and this is the one we chose.  He is not a true business person (Daddy's $ and no board or shareholders to hold him accountable) and he is slimier and more of a liar than the career politicians...which is really hard to do.
    Yeah and a businessperson isn't anything special.  They aren't any better at politics than anyone else.  The Exxon guy was a total dud.
    Not all of them. But there are lots of very intelligent great leaders in industry. It would be refreshing to see that, the best versions of that, playing out in our government where it fits. The biggest difference in my mind is it doesn’t appear that government (congress especially) has any sense of urgency. They never really have deadlines. This could be better. 

But my biggest annoyance is many will think business people are all just like trump. They aren’t...not at all.
    Nor is “government” like “business.” Two completely different animals. Being successful in one does not, and rarely does, translate into success in the other.
    I hear this often. I tend to disagree as leadership translates. 

Oh and this doesn’t actually address my point. My point wasn’t that all business people are better than politicians. Just that I’m pissed that this fake business person may have ruined it for others who could actually do a good job.

I would agree that leadership skills are transferable. Two issues in the particular case of Agent Orange: 1) He knows nothing -- nothing at all -- about our laws, our Constitution, and how government works. A good business leader could be a good president, assuming they had bothered to learn anything about the government and how it works. This guy couldn't be bothered. 2) He's not a good leader. My husband has, over the course of his career, received a lot of leadership training. Agent Orange's management style, such as it is, is the antithesis of what is being taught. Rather, he is an example of a toxic leader. 

So I think I'm agreeing with you. A good business leader could be a good president. What we have now is neither.
    A good leader in a field outside of politics can make a good president. A good leader in business would have a harder time being a good president because a lot doesn’t carry over into government. 
    I think maybe the bigger problem is that a "good" business leader in the USA who manages to get into the plausible position of winning a Presidency is almost certainly going to be filthy fucking rich, with massive business interests and business loyalties and rivalries all over the map. And THAT is not something that makes someone a good candidate, even if they are a good business leader.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    There is literally no difference between these people and those who get sucked in by a cult.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

Ford Prepares for Mass Layoffs After Losing $1 Billion to Trump's Trade Tariffs, Report Says

http://fortune.com/2018/10/09/ford-stock-today-layoffs-trump-trade-tariffs/
  • Options
    And 44,000 jobs just cut by Verizon so they can send the jobs to India.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    my2hands said:
    I think he was. Started 2 huge wars. Does anyone even know how many died in the 19 year war in the middle east the Bush started?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    my2hands said:
    I think he was. Started 2 huge wars. Does anyone even know how many died in the 19 year war in the middle east the Bush started?
    He hadn't done any of that when he'd been in office as long as Trump has been though. Let's just wait and see. (of course, 9/11 kind of had an impact on the Bush presidency as well as his reelection, so comparing these two administrations/presidents at all doesn't make too much sense to me at the moment).
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    He hadn't done any of that when he'd been in office as long as Trump has been though. Let's just wait and see. (of course, 9/11 kind of had an impact on the Bush presidency as well as his reelection, so comparing these two administrations/presidents at all doesn't make too much sense to me at the moment).
    We invaded Afghanistan in the 9th month of the W administration... and at this point using the midterms to put pressure on politicians to support their policies and upcoming spring Iraq invasion....

Shock & Awe. Torture. Secret black detention sites. Guantanamo. Patriot Act. Warrantless wiretaps. Orange Alerts used to manipulate voters. Outright opposition to gay marriage, even proposing a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage. And of course the normal tax cuts for the wealthy, corporate cronyism, Enron, New Orleans being left to drown.... and if course a full blown collapse of the economy. Good times lol

These guys are literally a clown show compared to that group if maniacs
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    We invaded Afghanistan in the 9th month of the W administration... and at this point using the midterms to put pressure on politicians to support their policies and upcoming spring Iraq invasion....

Shock & Awe. Torture. Secret black detention sites. Guantanamo. Patriot Act. Warrantless wiretaps. Orange Alerts used to manipulate voters. Outright opposition to gay marriage, even proposing a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage. And of course the normal tax cuts for the wealthy, corporate cronyism, Enron, New Orleans being left to drown.... and if course a full blown collapse of the economy. Good times lol

These guys are literally a clown show compared to that group if maniacs
    I'm not defending Bush at all, to be clear. He was an awful president (and yeah, you know, I forgot about dates I think, lol - I was thinking he'd been in office longer when 9/11 happened). All I'm really saying is that there is a still plenty of time for some terrible shit to go down and for a war to start under Trump, and if that does happen, god help us all. I certainly wouldn't put it past his administration. Everyone knows that reelection is much more likely in war time.
    But let's not undervalue the horribleness of kidnapping children in America and putting them in cages people. Nor any of the other fucking truly heinous things that Trump and his admin have done already, in many different areas, which make the idea that Bush and friends were 100x worse seem very ignorant to me. I really hope I'm not seeing people here allowing themselves to get distracted from the real terrible shit that has been done during Trump's short tenure by the clown show. Because that's by design. They know perfectly well that memories and directed attention to real issues are reduced to almost zero when you present random chaos on a day to day basis.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Is the middle east better today or before that Bush and his war criminal went full maniac ...

All Bush had to do after 911 is tell the commanding officers to let the special forces hunt Bin Laden, because in the end that who eventually captured him.  Instead, he sent a bunch of young people who probably couldn't even find Iraq or Afghanistan on a map off to die in a pointless war.  W is a WAR CRIMINAL, the same as Hitler and many more...I have no problem mentioning W and Hitler in the same breath, both evil.  The real evil doer was the Bush Administration...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    Obviously the Iraq war and the fruit from that poisonous tree (torture, Patriot Act, mission accomplished, lack of body armor for troops, cost of the war, Osama Bin-Laden fail, post-Saddam plan fail, etc.) are the biggest scale tippers for the Bush admin being the worst, but let's not forget how horribly he handled the economy, hurricane Katrina, the environment (turning his back on the Kyoto protocol), tax cuts for the wealthy, his executive orders and the list goes on. Oddly enough, Bush should have never been president and neither should Trump. Two losing presidents who were both fake successful businessman and cheated the system to get rich are the worst 2 presidents of the modern age, but yet our damn country is stupid enough to buy in to it within a decade of each other. I think some on here need to revisit how horrible Bush was and how he got to be president in the 1st place. Fuck that guy and fuck the current guy. They're both shit, one just hasn't killed thousands directly yet by sending them to a fake war, but he's setting the indirect death of many with every flick of his tiny pen wielding appendage.

It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Is the middle east better today or before that Bush and his war criminal went full maniac ...

All Bush had to do after 911 is tell the commanding officers to let the special forces hunt Bin Laden, because in the end that who eventually captured him.  Instead, he sent a bunch of young people who probably couldn't even find Iraq or Afghanistan on a map off to die in a pointless war.  W is a WAR CRIMINAL, the same as Hitler and many more...I have no problem mentioning W and Hitler in the same breath, both evil.  The real evil doer was the Bush Administration...
    Both are real evil doers. That is my point. I think looking and Bush and saying "he's the real evil doer" completely dismisses or plays down all the evil currently being inflicted by the Trump administration. I don't say that in an effort to play down the evil doing of the Bush admin, but to enforce the fact that evil persists with the Trump admin. Some people seem to think the Trump admin is just some joke that they have to endure for a while. That is not the case at all.
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    Obviously the Iraq war and the fruit from that poisonous tree (torture, Patriot Act, mission accomplished, lack of body armor for troops, cost of the war, Osama Bin-Laden fail, post-Saddam plan fail, etc.) are the biggest scale tippers for the Bush admin being the worst, but let's not forget how horribly he handled the economy, hurricane Katrina, the environment (turning his back on the Kyoto protocol), tax cuts for the wealthy, his executive orders and the list goes on. Oddly enough, Bush should have never been president and neither should Trump. Two losing presidents who were both fake successful businessman and cheated the system to get rich are the worst 2 presidents of the modern age, but yet our damn country is stupid enough to buy in to it within a decade of each other. I think some on here need to revisit how horrible Bush was and how he got to be president in the 1st place. Fuck that guy and fuck the current guy. They're both shit, one just hasn't killed thousands directly yet by sending them to a fake war, but he's setting the indirect death of many with every flick of his tiny pen wielding appendage.

Not always so indirect. Trump has ramped up drone attacks in the middle easy by a massive amount, leading to many direct deaths too, with little to no concern about civilian casualties.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

Not always so indirect. Trump has ramped up drone attacks in the middle easy by a massive amount, leading to many direct deaths too, with little to no concern about civilian casualties.
    Aaaah yes, the drone strikes no one cares about anymore now that Obama is out of office. I'd still classify those as a form of indirect murder because much like using a credit card, you aren't noticing the immediate impact of the action. People want to be able to justify their actions without having to think much about the consequence. Apparently the American people feel the same way based on the deafening silence, especially Trump supporters. The only thing they have to say is that Trump has eliminated ISIS and that they don't hear much about terror attacks anymore so it must not exist, unless you're the innocent middle east citizen cursing the reign of US terror over there.
    Post edited by tbergs on
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

Aaaah yes, the drone strikes no one cares about anymore now that Obama is out of office. I'd still classify those as a form of indirect murder because much like using a credit card, you aren't noticing the immediate impact of the action. People want to be able to justify their actions without having to think much about the consequence. Apparently the American people feel the same way based on the deafening silence, especially Trump supporters. The only thing they have to say is that Trump has eliminated ISIS and that they don't hear much about terror attacks anymore so it must not exist, unless you're the innocent middle east citizen cursing the reign of US terror over there.
    It's all about the media.... And as I've said again and again, the effect Trump has had on the media and has the potential to have on the media, and, worse, people's perceptions when it comes to the news media thanks to Trump's very deliberate propaganda, may be more dangerous to America and the American people themselves than anything else he does to them, or anything Bush ever did to them. I think this topic is wildly underplayed and far too ignored. I think that is probably because it's not something that's concrete. You can't look at statistics or job numbers or the stock market to demonstrate this particular danger to Americans... But history has shown, all over the world, that it could indeed be what harms the citizens of America and the condition of the country the most in the long run.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

You mean killed hundreds of thousands... maybe more depending how you look at it

• Options
    edited October 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

It's all about the media.... And as I've said again and again, the effect Trump has had on the media and has the potential to have on the media, and, worse, people's perceptions when it comes to the news media thanks to Trump's very deliberate propaganda, may be more dangerous to America and the American people themselves than anything else he does to them, or anything Bush ever did to them. I think this topic is wildly underplayed and far too ignored. I think that is probably because it's not something that's concrete. You can't look at statistics or job numbers or the stock market to demonstrate this particular danger to Americans... But history has shown, all over the world, that it could indeed be what harms the citizens of America and the condition of the country the most in the long run.
    Chicken or the egg... if the people are dumb enough to be duped, what's it matter?

Trump isnt the disease, he is a symptom of the disease.

Save yourselves, it's too late. It's all bullshit and its all toxic. Enjoy life while you can. Or choose to focus on toilet paper on his shoes, your call lol

Do what you can with your two hands, fuck everything else
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

Chicken or the egg... if the people are dumb enough to be duped, what's it matter?

Save yourselves, it's too late. It's all bullshit and its all toxic. Enjoy life while you can. Or choose to focus on toilet paper on his shoes, your call lol

There comes a point when being dumb or smart has nothing to do with it.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

Sure it does... 

He's speaking to people that already agree, he hasn't swayed anyone to agree with him... which is the bigger problem, the one man barking out nonsense or the 60,000,000 that agreed and voted for it? Its not like these supporters just arrived at their ideals in November 2016, they were always there

I'm more worried about the 60,000,000  eggs inst4ad of the 1 orange chicken lol
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

Less dumb, more ignorant and unaffected because it doesn't impact them in anyway that can be measured at this point in time. The environment, foreign relations, UN treaties, all mean diddly to him and his minions because by ignoring them nothing is happening currently and they view it as a renewed focus on America first, which is bullshit. Lead from the rear baby!
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    And im not saying Trump supporters are dumb... plenty if them are intelligent, professional, succesful...  they just have a different worldview.... if course plenty are probably pretty dumb, but I know there are plenty if "dumb" or uneducated Democrats or progressives to balance it out
    Post edited by my2hands on
This discussion has been closed.