Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,293
    my2hands said:
    Who has the brass ones to admit they voted for Trump and regret it?

I won't judge, just hoping for one honest soul out there!!!
    I'll bite here..  I read these conversations daily but don't post.  I find it interesting to read your differing opinions - I live in the highly conservative south where we don't hear as much of the liberal opinions (outside of the news media).  

Perhaps I am like many - I am a college educated, white male conservative.  I agree strongly with republican ideologies - especially issues of economics, social programs, healthcare, border security and military strength.  I did not vote for Trump in the primaries.  He likely would have been my third or fourth choice at best.  Certainly his candidacy seemed unlikely to materialize, and I was a shocked as many to see him win the republican nomination.  

So I did vote for Trump in the presidential election.  Many of his campaign messages did appeal to my ideology, and my alternative choice (Clinton) represents the opposite of many of my political feelings.  So I voted republican.  I am not an unwavering supporter of Donald Trump.  But during the election period I could not think positively about a Clinton presidency.  

Today I'm very uneasy about the Trump presidency.  I don't have regret, because to me that would indicate that I should have voted differently.  But I'm not proud of what has transpired since the inauguration.  

I don't think I view Trump with great positive "spin".  I don't stand behind his every move with support.  I believe he has made many missteps, but I also believe the news media has a determination to trash his presidency.  

So, I'm still in wait and see mode.  If concrete proof of Trump's improprieties come to light, he should face the consequences that are appropriate.  And he'll deserve the media treatment.  But I will not jump to conclusions based on news reports yet to be confirmed.   

I will not debate policy with any of you, I'm not interested in that.  But I think there are many out there with a similar story to mine.  We hear the very vocal far left and right, while many of us lie much more quietly, somewhere in the middle.  
    I'm always curious at those who admit for voting for Trump to know if their mom, wife, and/or daughters are ok with them voting for an admitted sexual abuser just because he had an R in front of his name.  Seriously I'm curious (and not trying to bash you) to know how you reconcile that in your mind. 
  • Options

President Trump has some very good points. http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/trump-lashes-out-at-critics-naysayers-unfair-treatment/ar-BBBfden?li=AAadgLE&ocid=spartanntp

"Look at the way I've been treated lately, especially by the media," Trump said. "No politician in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly. You can't let them get you down. You can't let the critics and the naysayers get in the way of your dreams."

"I guess that's why we won," he said, before continuing to offer the graduates his advice.

"Adversity makes you stronger. Don't give in, don't back down and never stop doing what you know is right," Trump said. "Nothing worth doing ever, ever, ever came easy and the more righteous your fight, the more opposition that you will face."

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    pjhawks said:
    my2hands said:

I'll bite here..  I read these conversations daily but don't post.  I find it interesting to read your differing opinions - I live in the highly conservative south where we don't hear as much of the liberal opinions (outside of the news media).  

Perhaps I am like many - I am a college educated, white male conservative.  I agree strongly with republican ideologies - especially issues of economics, social programs, healthcare, border security and military strength.  I did not vote for Trump in the primaries.  He likely would have been my third or fourth choice at best.  Certainly his candidacy seemed unlikely to materialize, and I was a shocked as many to see him win the republican nomination.  

So I did vote for Trump in the presidential election.  Many of his campaign messages did appeal to my ideology, and my alternative choice (Clinton) represents the opposite of many of my political feelings.  So I voted republican.  I am not an unwavering supporter of Donald Trump.  But during the election period I could not think positively about a Clinton presidency.  

Today I'm very uneasy about the Trump presidency.  I don't have regret, because to me that would indicate that I should have voted differently.  But I'm not proud of what has transpired since the inauguration.  

I don't think I view Trump with great positive "spin".  I don't stand behind his every move with support.  I believe he has made many missteps, but I also believe the news media has a determination to trash his presidency.  

So, I'm still in wait and see mode.  If concrete proof of Trump's improprieties come to light, he should face the consequences that are appropriate.  And he'll deserve the media treatment.  But I will not jump to conclusions based on news reports yet to be confirmed.   

I will not debate policy with any of you, I'm not interested in that.  But I think there are many out there with a similar story to mine.  We hear the very vocal far left and right, while many of us lie much more quietly, somewhere in the middle.  
    I'm always curious at those who admit for voting for Trump to know if their mom, wife, and/or daughters are ok with them voting for an admitted sexual abuser just because he had an R in front of his name.  Seriously I'm curious (and not trying to bash you) to know how you reconcile that in your mind. 
    Curious how many moms, wives, and daughters voted for Trump
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,735
    Thanks for chiming in, zeke. A few reactions. I hope everyone maintains our typical amt niceties! Another, it's perspective, but based on what you wrote, you probably fall on the conservative part of the spectrum and not middle of the road. And I also have a question: as trump was being trump during the campaign (unprofessional, etc.), did you think that if he got elected, would he then become "presidential" now that things got serious?
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    pjhawks said:
    my2hands said:

Millions.
    But millions of women went to the polls for Mr. Trump on Election Day, including, according to surveys, 53 percent of white women.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/14/us/women-voters-trump.html?_r=0
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,096
    PJPOWER said:
    pjhawks said:
    my2hands said:

Millions.
    But millions of women went to the polls for Mr. Trump on Election Day, including, according to surveys, 53 percent of white women.

but I thought surveys and polls were all fake?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJPOWER said:
    pjhawks said:
    my2hands said:

Millions.

Not when pjfanwillneverleave agrees with them, duh hugh!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    pjhawks said:
    my2hands said:

Millions.

Not if they tell the truth about President Trump.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,096
    :lol:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Hahaha priceless! 
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,482
    edited May 2017

President Trump has some very good points. http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/trump-lashes-out-at-critics-naysayers-unfair-treatment/ar-BBBfden?li=AAadgLE&ocid=spartanntp

"Look at the way I've been treated lately, especially by the media," Trump said. "No politician in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly. You can't let them get you down. You can't let the critics and the naysayers get in the way of your dreams."

"I guess that's why we won," he said, before continuing to offer the graduates his advice.

"Adversity makes you stronger. Don't give in, don't back down and never stop doing what you know is right," Trump said. "Nothing worth doing ever, ever, ever came easy and the more righteous your fight, the more opposition that you will face."

This was a commencement speech to the coast guard.
    Such an uplifting message to those folks who will be protecting our shores in the near future...

Post edited by Kat on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,217
    It has to be a joke, it just has to be.
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    Hahaha priceless! 

I try
  • Options
    RiotZact said:
    It has to be a joke, it just has to be.

Nothing is a joke in President Trump world.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Awwww does da wittle baby snowfwake need his binky???

This was a commencement speech to the coast guard.
    Such an uplifting message to those folks who will be protecting our shores in the near future...

Did he talk about the 12% budget cut? You only get the bigly bucks if you can blow shit up. 
  • Options
    hurricanezekehurricanezeke Posts: 177
    Thanks for chiming in, zeke. A few reactions. I hope everyone maintains our typical amt niceties! Another, it's perspective, but based on what you wrote, you probably fall on the conservative part of the spectrum and not middle of the road. And I also have a question: as trump was being trump during the campaign (unprofessional, etc.), did you think that if he got elected, would he then become "presidential" now that things got serious?
    By "in the middle" I mean to refer to the silent population that have an opinion but don't participate in the national conversation/argument. We shouldn't be lumped into the group of mouthpieces for the liberal left or far right.  
    I was hopeful he would become more presidential.  In fact, during primaries, one of my biggest problems was that he didn't appear presidential. But I did not expect him to change.  It's foolish for us to think that he is going to change his life's work of personality. That's not to say I didn't expect him to "get serious".  
    Atlanta 2003
    Columbia 2008
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Greenville 2016
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    pjhawks said:
    my2hands said:

Post edited by hurricanezeke on
    Atlanta 2003
    Columbia 2008
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Greenville 2016
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,320

Timothy McVeigh, David Koresh and Osama Bin Laden approve this message. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,815
    fife said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Two things I find interesting about this memo...

First, there is no one coming out and defending him.  Why?  Well one reason is because anyone that comes out and defends him ends up getting burned by Trump himself within a day or two.  Perhaps there is no one willing to put their neck out again when Trump will cut it off himself.

Second,no tweets on the issue.  Does Trump,realize the gravity of the situation?
    I don't know if no one is coming to defend him.  the truth is that the majority of the house by not speaking up against him are in a way defending him.  look at Paul  Ryan who even today is saying that he still has confidence in Trump. 

I don't mean general defense like Ryan, rather specific rebuttals that are shortly proven to be false.  Nunes, Rosenstein and to a lesser extent McMaster has been burned. 
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777
    Discuss the topic only please. Polite comments only to other members.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    By "in the middle" I mean to refer to the silent population that have an opinion but don't participate in the national conversation/argument. We shouldn't be lumped into the group of mouthpieces for the liberal left or far right.  
    I was hopeful he would become more presidential.  In fact, during primaries, one of my biggest problems was that he didn't appear presidential. But I did not expect him to change.  It's foolish for us to think that he is going to change his life's work of personality. That's not to say I didn't expect him to "get serious".  
    Did you feel like his business related skill set would carry over and that he'd run the White House like a CEO would? (My agenda with the questions is to understand trump voters, not be a twat. I'm still trying to figure this out)
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,755
    pjhawks said:
    my2hands said:

My wife, mother and sister all voted for Donald Trump.  I will not speak on their behalf to defend their decision and I don't feel the need to reconcile in my mind.  

All I will venture is they will make a similar argument.  How do liberal women, many of whom supported Clinton in part because she's a woman, stand behind her knowing how she allowed her husband to treat their marriage?  

To me, these conversations take a very back seat to other political issues that I feel are more important (economics, immigration, etc).

Again, I'm not interested in debating this, but for every democrats opinion, there is an opposing republican opinion.  
    Having a husband who cheats is not even close to comparable to sexual assault.

To answer your question, it is not offensive to women for another woman to choose to stay with a cheating husband, FYI. That is a personal decision, and any woman should just support every other woman's right to make her own personal decisions and manage their marriages any way they want to. I wouldn't have made the same decisions that Hillary did, but that doesn't mean I expect all women to act like I would in the face of cheating (and some women just don't care about shit like that going on in their marriage, which is also their right).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590

DOJ appoints former FBI director Robert Mueller as special prosecutor to investigate Trump-Russia ties

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    my2hands said:

My wife, mother and sister all voted for Donald Trump.  I will not speak on their behalf to defend their decision and I don't feel the need to reconcile in my mind.  

All I will venture is they will make a similar argument.  How do liberal women, many of whom supported Clinton in part because she's a woman, stand behind her knowing how she allowed her husband to treat their marriage?  

To me, these conversations take a very back seat to other political issues that I feel are more important (economics, immigration, etc).

Again, I'm not interested in debating this, but for every democrats opinion, there is an opposing republican opinion.  

To answer your question, it is not offensive to women for another woman to choose to stay with a cheating husband, FYI. That is a personal decision, and any woman should just support every other woman's right to make her own personal decisions and manage their marriages any way they want to. I wouldn't have made the same decisions that Hillary did, but that doesn't mean I expect all women to act like I would in the face of cheating (and some women just don't care about shit like that going on in their marriage, which is also their right).
    I may go back and edit, I don't mean to compare the offenses.  I would apply your same statement "women's right to make her own personal decisions" and apply it to their election decision.  
    It's crazy to me how many of the women I interact with are judged negatively for their decision to vote for Donald Trump.  It has affected longtime personal relationships.  
    Atlanta 2003
    Columbia 2008
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Greenville 2016
  • Options
    Did you feel like his business related skill set would carry over and that he'd run the White House like a CEO would? (My agenda with the questions is to understand trump voters, not be a twat. I'm still trying to figure this out)
    I had that hope, yes.  That's part of the potential appeal.  So as a guy that's not a defender of everything Trump the big picture view is that I hope for a form of government presented by the republican campaign and not the democrat campaign.  
    Atlanta 2003
    Columbia 2008
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Greenville 2016
  • Options
    Pay attention to the tweets folks.  http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/president-trump-overseas-trip-saudi-arabia-article-1.3171134

President Trump's first overseas trip as commander-in-chief, slated to kick off Friday, will include a Twitter forum with young Saudis, a "direct" speech about Islam and numerous one-on-one and group meetings with foreign heads-of state.

The President's traveling entourage, for parts of or the entirety of the trip, will reportedly include McMaster, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, Chief Strategist Stephen Bannon, Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, Deputy National Security Adviser Dina Powell, aides Gary Cohn and Stephen Miller, Press Secretary Sean Spicer, and daughter and son-in-law Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    my2hands said:

I may go back and edit, I don't mean to compare the offenses.  I would apply your same statement "women's right to make her own personal decisions" and apply it to their election decision.  
    It's crazy to me how many of the women I interact with are judged negatively for their decision to vote for Donald Trump.  It has affected longtime personal relationships.  
    What's interesting is that as a liberal, and the many liberal women I know, is that it's very difficult to get your brain around why a woman, in particular, would vote for trump. 

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    my2hands said:

What's interesting is that as a liberal, and the many liberal women I know, is that it's very difficult to get your brain around why a woman, in particular, would vote for trump. 

Read
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    my2hands said:

Read
    I think my wife, sister, mother would agree with most of this.  
    Atlanta 2003
    Columbia 2008
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Greenville 2016
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,755
    edited May 2017
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    my2hands said:

Yeah well... I admit I harshly judge women who voted for him too. And yes, of course they have the right to make their own personal decisions, including terrible ones. Supporting a woman's right to choose does not mean that you have to respect every decision they make. You can hate their decisions and still acknowledge their right to make it (a message I'd also like to send out to pro-lifers, lol). However, some decisions are simply more righteous than others. Voting for a sexual predator and trying to maintain a bad marriage are hardly in the same ballpark, and all things are almost never equal. I just don't think that not voting for a woman because she chose to try and salvage and bad marriage and voting for a sexual predator who has openly stated that women are inferior to men and who wants to fuck his own daughter are two things you can hold up next to each other and logically say 'if it's good for the goose it's good for the gander.' If a woman is going to vote for Trump instead of Hillary because Hillary stayed in a troubled marriage, then just how in the hell are they going to turn around and justify voting for TRUMP of all people, a man who has cheated MULTIPLE times, whose wife obviously can't stand him but stays with him anyhow, and who wants to fuck his daughter. I mean, if Hillary's marriage decisions are the justification for voting Trump, I call bullshit, or, at best, the most irrational form of hypocrisy I've ever heard of.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
This discussion has been closed.