Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157

im a sweaty mess in shorts & a t-shirt. imagine my silly ass in a suit & tie. that's frickin bullshit. wonder if trump ever wears a headband? broke mine out a month or two back. today's cloth is wet & i think it fucking smells. what does a president do to prevent smelling up the joint?

for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    chadwick said:

im a sweaty mess in shorts & a t-shirt. imagine my silly ass in a suit & tie. that's frickin bullshit. wonder if trump ever wears a headband? broke mine out a month or two back. today's cloth is wet & i think it fucking smells. what does a president do to prevent smelling up the joint?

well if you are this president, you don't know that you are smelling up the joint cause people are afraid to tell you cause you might snap and throw them under the bus
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,640
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

what a crock of shit wearing a fucking suit all the time. it's fucking hot... no way you'd catch me sporting a suit when it's warm or hot. why is it executives & the like have to wear suits? it's a bullshit deal. glad i'm a nobody  

goodnight  

I also think suits are absolute bullshit. The biggest slimeball scumbag creep in the world can just throw on a suit and suddenly everyone assumes he's respectable and professional. It is ridiculous. Fashion in general is bullshit IMHO. It is basically about how to convince people you are the person you appear to be, not necessarily the person you are.
    FREE THE NIPPLE. 
    I am more in favour of an Earthling jumpsuit, lol.
    alright people, we wanna look like a team here, so we're going with the red jumpsuit....v stripe, and the boots.........
    And then we will all peel our faces off and reveal that we're lizard-like aliens here to take over the world. :)

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    V

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    fife said:
    PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

what a crock of shit wearing a fucking suit all the time. it's fucking hot... no way you'd catch me sporting a suit when it's warm or hot. why is it executives & the like have to wear suits? it's a bullshit deal. glad i'm a nobody  

goodnight  

I also think suits are absolute bullshit. The biggest slimeball scumbag creep in the world can just throw on a suit and suddenly everyone assumes he's respectable and professional. It is ridiculous. Fashion in general is bullshit IMHO. It is basically about how to convince people you are the person you appear to be, not necessarily the person you are.
    THANK YOU!!!!!
    I dated this girl once and brought up how I go to work in shorts or jeans & a t-shirt and she simply could not wrap her head around that.  She said "you should always dress professional for work" to which I asked why.  Her answer was that you should just look professional.  I was like, why? What does that even mean to "look professional?"  I don't deal with the public, I see the same people every day, and 90% of our building is manufacturing where 100% of the employees look a hell of a lot worse than I do on a daily basis.  "You should just look professional."  That was her only response.  I was like, you can't even give me one solid reason.  I even asked her if you have two choices to do a job - there's me, shorts & t-shirt, does great work, doesn't miss minor details, goes the extra mile, hits deadlines (usually way before), makes customers satisfied.  Then there's a guy in a suit who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. You're gonna pick the guy that does exceptional work, right?  "If he dresses like he knows what he's doing, yeah."  If that's your answer then, no.  You're not picking the guy who does exceptional work, you're picking the guy in the suit who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground just because he "looks nice."
    so I am a social worker and when i first started working, I would wear whatever was around me in the morning.  I would dress as a slob.  one day I dressed up for work as I had a work fundraiser to go to after work.  A client of mine told me that they preferred to see me dressed up as they felt that I was showing him respect.  I took that to heart and while I don't dress professionally like if I worked in a bank I dress professionally for my workplace. 

anyway back to trump
    You kind of made my point. Not that you don't have respect for your clients of course, but you could just as easily be someone who doesn't, and that client would be more likely to assume you respect them just because of how you're dressed, whether you really respect them or not. This is an issue of mass social perception... I just think the social perception is wrong on a kind of moral level. People's priorities are screwed up. Appearances often mean more than actions. It is a shame.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    fife said:
    chadwick said:

well if you are this president, you don't know that you are smelling up the joint cause people are afraid to tell you cause you might snap and throw them under the bus
    Hell, people are afraid to tell our temp program director that he's stinking up the joint, so yeah, I doubt anyone is telling the president! (seriously, this temp has RANK B.O.! It's horrible! If only someone would tell him, maybe his whole life would improve... I'm leaving it to his boss though. I ain't doing it, lol. And I doubt his boss will either, unless a client complains I guess.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rgambs said:
    fife said:
    I wonder how those Coast Guard graduates are feeling today, other than hung over?
    I think they are feel like "fuck this guy is our boss" we are going to die
    You'd be surprised, military guys love Trump.
    All that bluster and false bravado, speaking his mind no matter how ignorant that mind is... that's got military guy written all over it!
    I'm not a military guy, but if I was I wouldn't appreciate this post.

RG... c'mon, man.
    If you were a military guy (or knew many) you would agree with me.
    I know a half dozen and they are all the same way but 1, and he's more disgusted about than anybody.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

i'd like to be the president who wore well worn carhartt bibs around the white house for awhile. yep they are a garment familiar with hog & cattle shit. perhaps drink beer & something else driving a burt reynolds trans-am around the place, yep on the lawn, that's how a guy makes his own race track... it is mind boggling a president has not yet done so. frickin keggers & gettin shitty barbeques? what the heck, man   

yeah it's crap

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    tbergs said:
    rgambs said:
    fife said:
    I wonder how those Coast Guard graduates are feeling today, other than hung over?
    All that bluster and false bravado, speaking his mind no matter how ignorant that mind is... that's got military guy written all over it!

RG... c'mon, man.
    Apparently all military and police professionals suffer from this in RG's world. Although, I world argue there's probably a higher percentage.
    Not all, just most.
    Sorry I don't kowtow to people in uniforms, it's just not how I am.  Do you know any military people? Any of them support anybody who isn't a blustering hawk?  
    The entire armed forces tradition is built on bravado and bluster, that's beyond debate.

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:
    rgambs said:
    fife said:

RG... c'mon, man.
    Apparently all military and police professionals suffer from this in RG's world. Although, I world argue there's probably a higher percentage.
    Not all, just most.
    Sorry I don't kowtow to people in uniforms, it's just not how I am.  Do you know any military people? Any of them support anybody who isn't a blustering hawk?  
    The entire armed forces tradition is built on bravado and bluster, that's beyond debate.

The only military people I've known are people who are not at all like that and quit the military precisely because just about everyone else there was exactly as you describe, and they couldn't stand it anymore. So judging from the perspective of those ex-military men (Army and Marines), I figure you are probably right in your generalization.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,839
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:
    rgambs said:
    fife said:

RG... c'mon, man.
    Not all, just most.

75% of the military voted for Trump. At least that's what my friend in the military told me. It's probably true.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793

remember this?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772

What Donald Trump Needs to Know About Bob Mueller and Jim Comey

The two men who could bring down the president have been preparing their entire lives for this moment.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/05/18/james-comey-trump-special-prosecutor-robert-mueller-fbi-215154

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    ^^^

Why are people posting such ginormous HEADLINES?!

Preparing their entire lives to bring down President Trump? Fake news.
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    fife said:
    Can being shot and killed as a president be considered being treated worse than what Trump has experienced?

Not possible, he said it with great surety.
    True or false @Pjfanwillneverleave???

President Trump takes shots all day long yet he still stands.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

goodnight  

THANK YOU!!!!!
    I dated this girl once and brought up how I go to work in shorts or jeans & a t-shirt and she simply could not wrap her head around that.  She said "you should always dress professional for work" to which I asked why.  Her answer was that you should just look professional.  I was like, why? What does that even mean to "look professional?"  I don't deal with the public, I see the same people every day, and 90% of our building is manufacturing where 100% of the employees look a hell of a lot worse than I do on a daily basis.  "You should just look professional."  That was her only response.  I was like, you can't even give me one solid reason.  I even asked her if you have two choices to do a job - there's me, shorts & t-shirt, does great work, doesn't miss minor details, goes the extra mile, hits deadlines (usually way before), makes customers satisfied.  Then there's a guy in a suit who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. You're gonna pick the guy that does exceptional work, right?  "If he dresses like he knows what he's doing, yeah."  If that's your answer then, no.  You're not picking the guy who does exceptional work, you're picking the guy in the suit who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground just because he "looks nice."
    You went all AMT mode on her - not fair, I'm assuming she had no idea what she was getting into and how well versed you were in debating.

Anyway, I just had to respond because this new quoting feature sucks and I can't erase quotes even if I save draft them.
    So now it will clear.

Suits in the heat are actually quite cool.  I am wearing one right now as my thoughts at this time are with President Trump.

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Get Trump the fuck out of there.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    edited May 2017
    rgambs said:
    fife said:
    Can being shot and killed as a president be considered being treated worse than what Trump has experienced?

Not possible, he said it with great surety.
    True or false @Pjfanwillneverleave???

President Trump takes shots all day long yet he still stands.
    When his choices of stupidity are made he should have shots and questions pointed at him till he falls flat on his face in a temper tantrum.

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited May 2017
    ^^^
    Like I said, he is getting shots fired constantly at him.
    Yet it's like he is saying to the world "Well f-ers I still stand"

• Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    More like dead man walking
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:
    rgambs said:
    fife said:

RG... c'mon, man.
    Not all, just most.

The only military people I've known are people who are not at all like that and quit the military precisely because just about everyone else there was exactly as you describe, and they couldn't stand it anymore. So judging from the perspective of those ex-military men (Army and Marines), I figure you are probably right in your generalization.
    Sooo generalizations and exaggerations can be right ya figure? I mean, only if they suit your narrative of course, but nonetheless... par for the course?

Hmmm. I gather then that there must be more truth to the comical and unflattering portrayals of liberals than what liberals around here refute.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

goodnight  

THANK YOU!!!!!
    You went all AMT mode on her - not fair, I'm assuming she had no idea what she was getting into and how well versed you were in debating.

Anyway, I just had to respond because this new quoting feature sucks and I can't erase quotes even if I save draft them.
    So now it will clear.

Suits in the heat are actually quite cool.  I am wearing one right now as my thoughts at this time are with President Trump.

You can just delete your drafts, ya know?  Saves ya from having to delete & type over things.  The new quoting system does suck, though.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,085
    edited May 2017
    ^^^
    Like I said, he is getting shots fired constantly at him.
    Yet it's like he is saying to the world "Well f-ers I still stand"

Just remember anything you don't like or agree with just call it fake news and it's not true. :wink:
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:
    rgambs said:
    fife said:

RG... c'mon, man.
    Not all, just most.

Sooo generalizations and exaggerations can be right ya figure? I mean, only if they suit your narrative of course, but nonetheless... par for the course?

Hmmm. I gather then that there must be more truth to the comical and unflattering portrayals of liberals than what liberals around here refute.
    I don't have a narrative. I stated that I was figuring solely from the direct reports of those who I have spoken with and have actually been in the military. And I didn't have any impression that they were exaggerating. Also, yes, generalizations, as generalizations, can be right. It's pretty easy for them to be, actually, since they necessarily acknowledge that it doesn't apply to everyone.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,254
    edited May 2017
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:
    rgambs said:
    fife said:

RG... c'mon, man.
    Not all, just most.

I don't have a narrative. I stated that I was figuring solely from the direct reports of those who I have spoken with and have actually been in the military. And I didn't have any impression that they were exaggerating. Also, yes, generalizations, as generalizations, can be right. It's pretty easy for them to be, actually, since they necessarily acknowledge that it doesn't apply to everyone.
    If we're going down that road, then wouldn't stereotyping and profiling be acceptable as well? They are based on common criteria. It seems that we're ok with some types of generalizations as a society, but are then enraged when they are applied in other capacities. Do you think we can have it both ways?
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,853
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:
    rgambs said:
    fife said:

RG... c'mon, man.
    Not all, just most.

If we're going down that road, then wouldn't stereotyping and profiling be acceptable as well? They are based on common criteria. It seems that we're ok with some types of generalizations as a society, but are then enraged when they are applied in other capacities. Do you think we can have it both ways?
    it's not a generalization if you qualify it with "in my experience". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:
    rgambs said:
    fife said:

RG... c'mon, man.
    Not all, just most.

All things are almost never equal - one of my favorite sayings. It applies to generalizations/stereotypes too.
    I hope you're not trying to suggest that you never generalize, because that just wouldn't be believable.
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:
    rgambs said:
    fife said:

RG... c'mon, man.
    Not all, just most.

Except in many situations... guys are laughed out of the forum for expressing such.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,853
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:
    rgambs said:
    fife said:

RG... c'mon, man.
    Not all, just most.

Except in many situations... guys are laughed out of the forum for expressing such.
    just my opinion. there are many times I wouldn't put some of my observations based on my experiences down for anyone to read, as it's possible it would read as something offensive. it is very possible these experiences are also based in some level of ignorance, which is why I'd rather not subject myself to the ridicule that would surely follow. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Getting ready for my big foreign trip. Will be strongly protecting American interests - that's what I like to do!
This discussion has been closed.