Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,846
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    dignin said:
    So can we finally put this myth to bed that Trump is brilliant and playing some kind of 3D chess?

Even the dimmest of bulbs among us must have come to the realization that the man is an idiot.

His people must be pooping their pants after that train wreck of an interview.
    Trump has only ever given train wreck interviews. You seem to be stuck on the idea that it matters. It has never mattered and it will likely continue to never matter. It is not 3D chess when you recognize the obvious.
    You're reeling a bit.

You'd do well to listen to your last statement, It is not 3D chess when you recognize the obvious. Idiots voted for this man hoping for the moon. It was stupid of them.

No they did not. Hope was the slogan for the last presidency. This was a fuck the establishment vote. Part of the establishment took a massive hit yesterday. His voters will dig that. 
    I'm still baffled how an Ivy League-educated, New York City billionaire that spent the 1980s sucking up to liberal elites in New York, is the champion for the disenfranchised, anti-establishment, rural working class.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,174
    dignin said:
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:
    BS44325 said:
    dignin said:
    So can we finally put this myth to bed that Trump is brilliant and playing some kind of 3D chess?

Even the dimmest of bulbs among us must have come to the realization that the man is an idiot.

Trump has only ever given train wreck interviews. You seem to be stuck on the idea that it matters. It has never mattered and it will likely continue to never matter. It is not 3D chess when you recognize the obvious.
    You are changing your tune.

It maybe doesn't matter to the 35% of tools that will support him no matter what. But with every new tweet and every time he does another interview he makes more enemies. That is going to come back to haunt him.
    I am not sure how my tune has changed at all? His interviews are train wrecks by any conventional standards. I said the same thing about his debate performances. What I realized over time is that these performances are not for you. They are geared toward a target audience. They are geared towards a feeling. It is an obvious strategy that has been successful. The AMT's rage is not evidence that his strategy is wearing thin.
    See, here is where you...and Trump are looking at this the wrong way. He won the election. The election is over, it's time to govern. What he is doing is impeding, and in many cases stopping him from getting done what he wants done. Preaching to the choir over and over again will only fuck him. So that, in turn and among other things, makes him an idiot.

And you are dreaming if you think what he is doing will help him get elected in 4 years. He was running against Hillary last election, that won't happen again.
    there it is again. see, BS is not saying anything that is untrue. he's not saying that Trump's going to win again in 4 years. all he's saying is that trump's way works with this base. currently, anyway. 

but no, you are right in the sense that I don't think it will work again in 2020. it worked once against a very flawed candidate, after 8 years of obama, etc etc. he caught lightning in a bottle. 

unless of course hillary runs again. or chelsea. :lol:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    and I can't wrap my head around why some of you keep trying to prove BS wrong. he's not wrong. I haven't seen much, if anything, he has said that isn't true. he is stating nothing but facts, as far as I can tell. he's not a trump supporter, he's a supporter of what's actually happening, or how he perceives things to be happening, not of what he hopes to happen. 
    He has been emphatic declaring that this was a collective movement on the part of an American public that sought meaningful change from the establishment.

That is simply not the case. While an aspect of it is true, this president is a result of a candidate pandering to a naive base that eagerly bought into a dream (America getting great again) and policies that aligned with their views on various items including race.

And early on... he was more overtly promoting Trump over Clinton- bristling when Clinton was spoken to favourably and defensive when Trump was attacked. He's obviously eased off his position given how supporting him now would make him look like a fool (choosing his words very carefully).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,312
    dignin said:
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:
    BS44325 said:
    dignin said:

It maybe doesn't matter to the 35% of tools that will support him no matter what. But with every new tweet and every time he does another interview he makes more enemies. That is going to come back to haunt him.
    I am not sure how my tune has changed at all? His interviews are train wrecks by any conventional standards. I said the same thing about his debate performances. What I realized over time is that these performances are not for you. They are geared toward a target audience. They are geared towards a feeling. It is an obvious strategy that has been successful. The AMT's rage is not evidence that his strategy is wearing thin.
    See, here is where you...and Trump are looking at this the wrong way. He won the election. The election is over, it's time to govern. What he is doing is impeding, and in many cases stopping him from getting done what he wants done. Preaching to the choir over and over again will only fuck him. So that, in turn and among other things, makes him an idiot.

And you are dreaming if you think what he is doing will help him get elected in 4 years. He was running against Hillary last election, that won't happen again.
    there it is again. see, BS is not saying anything that is untrue. he's not saying that Trump's going to win again in 4 years. all he's saying is that trump's way works with this base. currently, anyway. 

but no, you are right in the sense that I don't think it will work again in 2020. it worked once against a very flawed candidate, after 8 years of obama, etc etc. he caught lightning in a bottle. 

This is why I think you haven't been paying attention. BS has said a lot more than what you characterize here. But I'm not going to bother and go and dig up stuff.

And for the record, where, in my comments, am I saying he is saying anything untrue?
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,877
    dignin said:

Trump Interview With Lester Holt: President Asked Comey If He Was Under Investigation

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-reveals-he-asked-comey-whether-he-was-under-investigation-n757821

Off the rails.
    The really funny is that Trump said Comey told him THREE times he was not under investigation.  While that may sound powerful to DJT, it makes me say.. "Why did you feel the need to ask him three times?"  It's just bizarre. 
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,663
    Spicer is getting his job back
  • Options
    Spicer is getting his job back
    Haha. Nobody would look good in that job. It is impossible.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:
    BS44325 said:
    dignin said:

This is why I think you haven't been paying attention. BS has said a lot more than what you characterize here. But I'm not going to bother and go and dig up stuff.

And for the record, where, in my comments, am I saying he is saying anything untrue?
    you didn't explicitly. but you are arguing a position he didn't make. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:
    BS44325 said:
    dignin said:

well, it is 61 pages long. and it is the second or maybe third thread. i suppose maybe I haven't seen every post. but in the last several, I'd even say weeks, of this topic, I haven't seen anything where he seems to be a trump apologist or supporter. it just seems to me he is calling it as he sees it. 

but I guess since we disagree means I'm wrong. I didn't know this was a pissing contest. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:
    BS44325 said:
    dignin said:

you didn't explicitly. but you are arguing a position he didn't make. 
    That has been a position argued before.  But like I said, I'm not going to go digging.

And besides, if Trump isn't doing this stuff to get elected in 4 years....and by doing this stuff he is impeding his ability to push his agenda, then why is he doing it? What is his point? That's my point, he's an idiot. That's why I challenge this idea that he is brilliant, which is an idea that BS has pushed in the past. Does that make sense? Clear as mud?
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    BS is right, he is not going to lose support from his base. but that's not who matters anymore. the election is over. his base is meaningless. they aren't the ones who investigate and possibly remove a president. it's the people in office that he's losing support from, people in his own party. that's who matter. that is who will bring him down. 
    You are right that this is what would bring him down and I get that many Republicans in the Senate hate him but other then bluster I am not actually seeing anyone in the GOP really going after him. 
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    I'm really confused by Speaker Ryan. He's not playing his cards as a guy with hopes of being Speaker come 2019. Is the plan for him and Mitch to go balls to the wall and pass absolutely everything they can in the two years they've got, practically surrender the midterms to the Democrats and then run out the clock on the first term of Trump?
    I'm quite baffled by their strategy at this point. 
  • Options

dignin said:
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:
    BS44325 said:
    dignin said:

First...I don't think he is a shoe-in for election by any means. He threaded the thinnest of needles to turn the rust belt blue and the odds of him doing it again under any scenario are about 50/50. But I do not think anything to date has in fact hurt his chances and quite the opposite he is paving the way to still run as an anti-establishment outsider the next time around. His only chance to win again is to maintain that persona in 2020 along with proof of economic results and a tough appearing foreign policy. 3D chess in not necessary anymore. The playbook is pretty straight forward and even though it is turmoil everyday he is in fact governing. When people go to the polls they will weigh all of this against the other option and right now what is that other option? Who is that option? You are dreaming if you think Trump's already known faults will sink him. A positive alternative must come forward to beat him and nobody is seeing that on the streets of Berkley.
  • Options

and I can't wrap my head around why some of you keep trying to prove BS wrong. he's not wrong. I haven't seen much, if anything, he has said that isn't true. he is stating nothing but facts, as far as I can tell. he's not a trump supporter, he's a supporter of what's actually happening, or how he perceives things to be happening, not of what he hopes to happen. 
    Exactly! I appreciate that! 
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    dignin said:

You're reeling a bit.

You'd do well to listen to your last statement, It is not 3D chess when you recognize the obvious. Idiots voted for this man hoping for the moon. It was stupid of them.

No they did not. Hope was the slogan for the last presidency. This was a fuck the establishment vote. Part of the establishment took a massive hit yesterday. His voters will dig that. 
    I'm still baffled how an Ivy League-educated, New York City billionaire that spent the 1980s sucking up to liberal elites in New York, is the champion for the disenfranchised, anti-establishment, rural working class.
    Because accurate or not he always marketed himself as the billionaire you want to be. He marketed himself as the billionaire you could be! Americans deep down and from all walks of life want to succeed. That American Dream is real. He tapped into that spirit many many years ago.
  • Options
    Sarah Huckabee Sanders says that the Rank and File had lost confidence in Comey.  She wasn't under oath.

Acting Director McCabe said "that is absolutely not true".  He is under oath.  

Another person has sold their integrity to the devil that is DJT.  How many people will he drag into the mud with him?  How many people will lie for him?  Word is from a Comey source is that he refused to pledge personal loyalty to Trump just last week.  That was the end of Comey.  

• Options

He has been emphatic declaring that this was a collective movement on the part of an American public that sought meaningful change from the establishment.

That is simply not the case. While an aspect of it is true, this president is a result of a candidate pandering to a naive base that eagerly bought into a dream (America getting great again) and policies that aligned with their views on various items including race.

And early on... he was more overtly promoting Trump over Clinton- bristling when Clinton was spoken to favourably and defensive when Trump was attacked. He's obviously eased off his position given how supporting him now would make him look like a fool (choosing his words very carefully).
    What? This is proof that you haven't followed along...at all. Trump was my last choice of every Republican candidate but I had a feeling he would win the minute he came down the escalator and I knew he would win the minute Scott Walker dropped out of the race. I understood what he was doing and thought his strategy was brilliant whether I like him or not. Now when it came to the general I absolutely supported him over Hillary. I always said of two shitty candidates he was the one with more potential upside and I also explained how he could use his attributes to his advantage once it came time to govern. I still believe that and I am not "easing off" anything...not a g-ddamn thing.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Sarah Huckabee Sanders says that the Rank and File had lost confidence in Comey.  She wasn't under oath.

Another person has sold their integrity to the devil that is DJT.  How many people will he drag into the mud with him?  How many people will lie for him?  Word is from a Comey source is that he refused to pledge personal loyalty to Trump just last week.  That was the end of Comey.  

The Daily Caller is reporting otherwise 

http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/17/exclusive-fbi-agents-say-comey-stood-in-the-way-of-clinton-email-investigation/?utm_campaign=atdailycaller&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

“People are starting to talk. They’re calling their former friends outside the bureau asking for help. We were asked to day to provide legal representation to people inside the bureau and agreed to do so and to former agents who want to come forward and talk. Comey thought this was going to go away.”

He explained, “It’s not. People inside the bureau are furious. They are embarrassed. They feel like they are being led by a hack but more than that that they think he’s a crook. They think he’s fundamentally dishonest. They have no confidence in him. The bureau inside right now is a mess.”

He added, “The most important thing of all is that the agents have decided that they are going to talk.”

• Options
    BS44325 said:

What? This is proof that you haven't followed along...at all. Trump was my last choice of every Republican candidate but I had a feeling he would win the minute he came down the escalator and I knew he would win the minute Scott Walker dropped out of the race. I understood what he was doing and thought his strategy was brilliant whether I like him or not. Now when it came to the general I absolutely supported him over Hillary. I always said of two shitty candidates he was the one with more potential upside and I also explained how he could use his attributes to his advantage once it came time to govern. I still believe that and I am not "easing off" anything...not a g-ddamn thing.
    The line you have walked has not been as clear as you claim, BS.

Messages can sometimes be misinterpreted, but I'm not the only one to note you, in subtle and diminishing fashion, placing some distance between yourself and the candidate you originally 'appeared' to have championed.

Optics aside... I'll say that you often choose the unpopular position on key issues and you represent that position very well. It's tough to do around here and I appreciate your contributions. Don't ever confuse my posts as disrespectful- even if they come across that way.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,050
    They're not even trying to get their narrative straight at this point.

The American people are so punch drunk now...we just keep staggering from story to story.  

Thank Christ that Mikey Pence is finally going to get voter fraud under control. 
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 37,025

Trump finally gets a daily intelligence brief. Why is that?

Today's Events

9:00 AM: Vice President Mike Pence delivers remarks at the World Summit in defense of persecuted Christians
    10:00 AM: President Donald J. Trump receives his daily intelligence briefing
    1:30 PM: Press Briefing with Principal Deputy Press Secretary Sarah Sanders Watch

Because he compromised the operational security of the Oval Office?

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    dignin said:

You're reeling a bit.

Because accurate or not he always marketed himself as the billionaire you want to be. He marketed himself as the billionaire you could be! Americans deep down and from all walks of life want to succeed. That American Dream is real. He tapped into that spirit many many years ago.
    His voters are just like him...except for the whole "being born into it thing."  
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

The line you have walked has not been as clear as you claim, BS.

Messages can sometimes be misinterpreted, but I'm not the only one to note you, in subtle and diminishing fashion, placing some distance between yourself and the candidate you originally 'appeared' to have championed.

Optics aside... I'll say that you often choose the unpopular position on key issues and you represent that position very well. It's tough to do around here and I appreciate your contributions. Don't ever confuse my posts as disrespectful- even if they come across that way.
    Not to worry...I do not see it as disrespectful. It's rough and tumble here sometimes and I like it. On this point where I would say you are mistaken is that yes I championed him over Clinton. I absolutely did 100% and I would still champion him over her. I am not distancing myself from that. However I never championed him as the republican of my choice. Far from it. He would have been my last choice even though I understood that he could win.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:

http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/17/exclusive-fbi-agents-say-comey-stood-in-the-way-of-clinton-email-investigation/?utm_campaign=atdailycaller&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

“People are starting to talk. They’re calling their former friends outside the bureau asking for help. We were asked to day to provide legal representation to people inside the bureau and agreed to do so and to former agents who want to come forward and talk. Comey thought this was going to go away.”

He explained, “It’s not. People inside the bureau are furious. They are embarrassed. They feel like they are being led by a hack but more than that that they think he’s a crook. They think he’s fundamentally dishonest. They have no confidence in him. The bureau inside right now is a mess.”

He added, “The most important thing of all is that the agents have decided that they are going to talk.”

People on background to the Daily Caller or guy under oath..  Hmm...  One report from today or the one right before the election.  Hmm.  One quote is contemporaneous and one is out of the dust bins of history.  Hmm.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:

People on background to the Daily Caller or guy under oath..  Hmm...  One report from today or the one right before the election.  Hmm.  One quote is contemporaneous and one is out of the dust bins of history.  Hmm.  
    But one is confirmation bias, so it wins the day! 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Haaa. My entire point is that the whole Russia thread is "people on background" vs "people under oath"! You can't choose when to accept one over the other. Let's admit the public evidence we have on any of these issues is thin as shit!
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,603

Today's Events

9:00 AM: Vice President Mike Pence delivers remarks at the World Summit in defense of persecuted Christians
    1:30 PM: Press Briefing with Principal Deputy Press Secretary Sarah Sanders Watch

Because as he himself once said...

"Im a smart guy I don't  need intelligence "
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Haaa. My entire point is that the whole Russia thread is "people on background" vs "people under oath"! You can't choose when to accept one over the other. Let's admit the public evidence we have on any of these issues is thin as shit!
    Bullshit, again.  So you are saying that Comey has denied under oath that he is investigating the Trump team's ties to Russia during the campaign?  Is that your position here?  Like, WTF are you exactly arguing?  That there's no investigation?  That there's no subpoena's coming out of a grand jury or out of the Senate committee?  Are you saying that?  

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,603
    edited May 2017

Ethics Office Wants To Know If Trump Appointees Are Keeping Their Promises http://n.pr/2qwOzFZ

Следить за деньгами
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options

Today's Events

10:00 AM must be when Fox & Friends ends.  So Trump kinda considers it is second intelligence briefing.
This discussion has been closed.