Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,744
    PJ_Soul said:
    The way the WH is refuting this book is absolutely hilarious. We ALL know that a lot of what they're denying is true because we can see it happening with our own eyes. Especially the stuff about Trump having mental problems, and the WH being chaotic. We didn't need the book to tell us that, so I'm not sure how anyone can say we should take that type of content with a grain of salt. Maybe the exact specifics in the book can't be proven, but we see it happening in public too, so to think that it is different behind closed doors is illogical. I can't believe they think the public is so stupid that they can't see how fucked up everything is.
    all of these armchair psychologists claiming that the way trump is acting behind closed doors is what I'm talking about. no one can corroborate this, we don't know these people's intentions, we don't know the access they have had with trump personally, and no mental health professional, who is actually a professional, would speak about such things publicly. everyone else is just a guy with an opinion who wants to be on the news. 
    As a mental health health professional myself, I wouldn’t hesitate to give my opinion on his mental state based on the information at hand. Many others would as well. I have no doubt he has Narcissistic Personality Disorder. There isn’t enough info to make a call on dimentia. We could just be seeing signs of someone with low intelligence under a lot of stress. The current behaviors we’re seeing were present before, just not as frequent. 

I don’t see a problem with therapists and psychologists chiming in. It’s like if your kid hurts his arm on the playground and there’s a doctor there. The doc may look at it and say it looks like it’s broken, better get it checked out. 
    really? I thought that went against the code of ethics to comment on someone's mental health without personally examining them at length, no?
    Commenting isn’t really the problem. To give someone an assessment without an interview is an ethical problem, but that would be in the context of providing services. Giving an opinion as an outsider is different. 
    ok, when I said "commenting", I meant to say "assessing". because honestly, in this context, whether they are just commenting or not, the perception is that this is an assessment from a mental health professional, leading the public to believe that their leader is possibly out of his mind. I find that highly irresponsible not only for the media to do, but the mental health professional if they weren't clear in their "I can only comment on the knowledge I have, which is nil". 
    I think the psychiatrist who briefed members of congress was specific about her concerns and where they originate. It’s up to the audience to decide how much weight to give to what she said. She went further than I would have as an observer. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,155
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    The way the WH is refuting this book is absolutely hilarious. We ALL know that a lot of what they're denying is true because we can see it happening with our own eyes. Especially the stuff about Trump having mental problems, and the WH being chaotic. We didn't need the book to tell us that, so I'm not sure how anyone can say we should take that type of content with a grain of salt. Maybe the exact specifics in the book can't be proven, but we see it happening in public too, so to think that it is different behind closed doors is illogical. I can't believe they think the public is so stupid that they can't see how fucked up everything is.
    all of these armchair psychologists claiming that the way trump is acting behind closed doors is what I'm talking about. no one can corroborate this, we don't know these people's intentions, we don't know the access they have had with trump personally, and no mental health professional, who is actually a professional, would speak about such things publicly. everyone else is just a guy with an opinion who wants to be on the news. 
    But if he's acting like that in public 100% of the time, why would he be not be acting that way in private?
    I don't see his acting unstable 100% of the time. I see him as a bit of an odd duck, speaking off the cuff most times, but no way can I make a judgment that harsh simply because, in my opinion, people want it to be true. 

Honestly, I think sometimes all it comes down to is that he is just a really bad bullshitter when confronted directly, and also he just knows he can say anything and his base will lap it up. 

do I think he's a narcissist? seems likely. do I think he's demented or unstable? I have no idea. 
    Wow, that's not what I'm seeing. It has nothing to do with what I want to be true. The guy is completely nonsensical when he speaks, not just off the cuff. Have you ever read transcripts of his interviews and speeches? I have, and that is what convinced me there is a lot more going on than just narcissism. When the POTUS can't even really string a coherent sentence together off the top of his head, I think it is very obvious that there is a mental problem.
    I haven't read the transcripts, no, but of course I've seen him in action. I can't recall ever seeing him "unable to string a coherent sentence together". is he eloquent? far from it. but he's not "babbling incoherently" as you or someone else claimed before. I have never seen that, nor have I ever seen anyone but you claim that. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,306
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    But if he's acting like that in public 100% of the time, why would he be not be acting that way in private?
    I don't see his acting unstable 100% of the time. I see him as a bit of an odd duck, speaking off the cuff most times, but no way can I make a judgment that harsh simply because, in my opinion, people want it to be true. 

Honestly, I think sometimes all it comes down to is that he is just a really bad bullshitter when confronted directly, and also he just knows he can say anything and his base will lap it up. 

do I think he's a narcissist? seems likely. do I think he's demented or unstable? I have no idea. 
    Wow, that's not what I'm seeing. It has nothing to do with what I want to be true. The guy is completely nonsensical when he speaks, not just off the cuff. Have you ever read transcripts of his interviews and speeches? I have, and that is what convinced me there is a lot more going on than just narcissism. When the POTUS can't even really string a coherent sentence together off the top of his head, I think it is very obvious that there is a mental problem.
    I haven't read the transcripts, no, but of course I've seen him in action. I can't recall ever seeing him "unable to string a coherent sentence together". is he eloquent? far from it. but he's not "babbling incoherently" as you or someone else claimed before. I have never seen that, nor have I ever seen anyone but you claim that. 
    You should read this.

It is indeed scary.

Incoherent, authoritarian, uninformed: Trump’s New York Times interview is a scary read

The president of the United States is not well.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/12/29/16829806/trump-interview-new-york-times
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

He often doesn’t speak in full sentences and will repeat words. It’s really bad now because he Is this far in as president, but his low intelligence and lack of policy knowledge is really being exposed. He’s then overrelying on dramatic phrases and adjectives that would work for him in the past. TV appearances are scripted more and more now. 
  • Options
    I don't find anything scary about it at all. After reading the entire article, we get to the crux of it at the bottom:

I am not a medical professional, and I will not pretend to know what is truly happening here. It’s become a common conversation topic in Washington to muse on whether the president is suffering from some form of cognitive decline or psychological malady. I don’t think those hypotheses are necessary or meaningful. Whatever the cause, it is plainly obvious from Trump’s words that this is not a man fit to be president, that he is not well or capable in some fundamental way. That is an uncomfortable thing to say, and so many prefer not to say it, but Trump does not occupy a job where such deficiencies can be safely ignored.

the author is explicitly stating here that Trump is not necessarily in cognitive decline, but just plainly unfit for the job, which I absolutely agree with. I think he has a fundamental misunderstanding about his role and how it is defined (i.e: not a dictator). he spews rhetoric about how he has done this or done that and who said this and who said that, in my opinion, not necessarily because he doesn't understand the reality, but he knows his base doesn't care to do the actual research, that they just lap up what he says as fact. or maybe he is so narcissistic, it is possible he believes the nonsense he says. but that's not necessarily a mental illness. it represents not being fit to be president, but it doesn't make him mentally unstable. 

again, I find this is the same old stuff I've been reading here silently the past month. So many people keep saying Trump is this, Mueller is doing that, Russia is this, without providing a shred of evidence of any of it. it's all hopes that the man and his admin come crashing down, but it's all based on nothing but conjecture and dreaming. 

I hope he gets removed. I hope Pence does too. But I just think it's incredibly premature to be flying the crazy flag. or presenting ideas that "mueller is closing in" as some type of fact, when all it is, is someone reading an article about someone getting interviewed and all of a sudden they inflate that to mean Trump is being impeached next week. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    All these things Trumps is and he still landslid-ed Hilliary!
    So many I forgot... Im sure H2m has the list
  • Options
    With Mueller’s investigation, I think in that thread people have been clear on facts up to now, and then filling in the gaps, but also being clear that when we fill in the gaps, those are assumptions and allegations. All these meetings and contact happened with Russians. Russians meddled in the elction. We can speculate what was discussed, and if trump was aware and signed off on things. All the lying around it reinforces the notion that they were up to something. 
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,523
    “Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.”
  • Options
    Smelly’s good with the cyber. 
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    With Mueller’s investigation, I think in that thread people have been clear on facts up to now, and then filling in the gaps, but also being clear that when we fill in the gaps, those are assumptions and allegations. All these meetings and contact happened with Russians. Russians meddled in the elction. We can speculate what was discussed, and if trump was aware and signed off on things. All the lying around it reinforces the notion that they were up to something. 

WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    With a weekend pow wow at camp David, I think we’re seeing an “intervention.” Can’t wait for the tweets.

The psychiatrist who briefed Congress on Trump’s mental state: this is “an emergency” - Vox https://apple.news/A0hq74sFzRRCuz_R3b16Wxw

Trump and Republicans to Meet at Camp David With Urgent Matters Looming - The New York Times https://apple.news/Av9NoXZ76Rc-W4R7tcPsGKQ
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    With a weekend pow wow at camp David, I think we’re seeing an “intervention.” Can’t wait for the tweets.

The psychiatrist who briefed Congress on Trump’s mental state: this is “an emergency” - Vox https://apple.news/A0hq74sFzRRCuz_R3b16Wxw

Trump and Republicans to Meet at Camp David With Urgent Matters Looming - The New York Times https://apple.news/Av9NoXZ76Rc-W4R7tcPsGKQ
    I happen to find those scheduled for camp david to be interesting, anyone have the guest list?

• Options
    Smellyman said:
    “Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.”
    if he ended that with "you're a grocery clerk, here to collect a bill", I would have maybe understood it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,536
    dignin said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

You should read this.

It is indeed scary.

Incoherent, authoritarian, uninformed: Trump’s New York Times interview is a scary read

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/12/29/16829806/trump-interview-new-york-times

This is why you never see him do an interview with anyone other than Fox or CBN.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

I happen to find those scheduled for camp david to be interesting, anyone have the guest list?

I’ll bet Ryan and Rohrbacher are on the list. Maybe even seated to the left and right of Team Trump Treason. They still get meatloaf and one scoop of ice cream though.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    benjs said:
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:
    another one that finally found his voice after 8 years or so of silence!
    maybe we can have some passionate music again. im just looking for anything positive!

http://loudwire.com/green-day-billie-joe-armstrong-donald-trump-impeachment/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMcNzjzw63I

Exactly what did he need to find his voice for in that 8 years of silence you refer to?
    "killing innocent starving people"
    #yemen

Recognizing that time moves in one direction, should Billie Joe remain silent perpetually, or wouldn’t it be better to ask Billie Joe to lend his voice in future struggles as well?
    I agree with you, those with a platform should lend voices to future struggles.
    I also think Meryl Streep should now lend her voice to future struggles, she has a rather large platform. I think she should use it specifically to address women and sexual harassment with the focus on Hollywood. Do you also agree Meryl should do the same?

https://youtu.be/xTlydbdS0Hc

• Options
    Smellyman said:

Holy Christ

Lol
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Trade deficit highest in almost six years. Winning?
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    dignin said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

You should read this.

It is indeed scary.

This is why you never see him do an interview with anyone other than Fox or CBN.

at the WH Press Conference the other day, tRump delivered a pre-recorded statement.  He was literally 50 down the hallway in his office and didn't have the capacity or courage to face the press in person.  I thought I read somewhere the recent book alleges Hope Hicks won't let tRump give any interviews without getting the questions first.  Apparently she was taken quite off guard by the recent NYT sit-down.  
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,306
    I don't find anything scary about it at all. After reading the entire article, we get to the crux of it at the bottom:

I am not a medical professional, and I will not pretend to know what is truly happening here. It’s become a common conversation topic in Washington to muse on whether the president is suffering from some form of cognitive decline or psychological malady. I don’t think those hypotheses are necessary or meaningful. Whatever the cause, it is plainly obvious from Trump’s words that this is not a man fit to be president, that he is not well or capable in some fundamental way. That is an uncomfortable thing to say, and so many prefer not to say it, but Trump does not occupy a job where such deficiencies can be safely ignored.

the author is explicitly stating here that Trump is not necessarily in cognitive decline, but just plainly unfit for the job, which I absolutely agree with. I think he has a fundamental misunderstanding about his role and how it is defined (i.e: not a dictator). he spews rhetoric about how he has done this or done that and who said this and who said that, in my opinion, not necessarily because he doesn't understand the reality, but he knows his base doesn't care to do the actual research, that they just lap up what he says as fact. or maybe he is so narcissistic, it is possible he believes the nonsense he says. but that's not necessarily a mental illness. it represents not being fit to be president, but it doesn't make him mentally unstable. 

again, I find this is the same old stuff I've been reading here silently the past month. So many people keep saying Trump is this, Mueller is doing that, Russia is this, without providing a shred of evidence of any of it. it's all hopes that the man and his admin come crashing down, but it's all based on nothing but conjecture and dreaming. 

I hope he gets removed. I hope Pence does too. But I just think it's incredibly premature to be flying the crazy flag. or presenting ideas that "mueller is closing in" as some type of fact, when all it is, is someone reading an article about someone getting interviewed and all of a sudden they inflate that to mean Trump is being impeached next week. 
    I guess we have different thresholds for scary. He is so incompetent and has so much power I find that very scary.

He could literally get us all killed.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    dignin said:

I guess we have different thresholds for scary. He is so incompetent and has so much power I find that very scary.

I also find it scary, and I definitely think that interview proves that he is basically incoherent and babbling. I dunno HFD... Your standards for mental stability are a lot lower than mine, and I think I'm pretty open minded about it, lol. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

I’ll bet Ryan and Rohrbacher are on the list. Maybe even seated to the left and right of Team Trump Treason. They still get meatloaf and one scoop of ice cream though.
    Not sure about Rohrbach but Ryan and his CoS RSVP'd, so did Pence, Mulvaney, Mattis, Nielsen, McCarthy and his CoS, Scalise and his CoS, McConnell and his CoS, McMorris Rogers and her CoS and Cornyn and his CoS.
    Mulvaney, Mattis and Nielsen? 
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    edited January 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    dignin said:

I also find it scary, and I definitely think that interview proves that he is basically incoherent and babbling. I dunno HFD... Your standards for mental stability are a lot lower than mine, and I think I'm pretty open minded about it, lol. ;)
    I find him extremely scary as well. That interview was confirmation for me. This is a guy who is mostly incoherent. He contradicts himself. Contradicts his staff. Doesn't seem to trust anyone. Doesn't read. Is informed almost exclusively through Fox News broadcasts. Doesn't have the ability to formulate a concise, coherent message. He is a habitual liar, although I don't know if he realizes it. He is extremely narcissistic - everything is about him. He doesn't have the country's interest at heart, and is only motivated by kudos, accolades or ratings. He will flip on a position without explanation. He is completely devoid of empathy. I also wonder why he isn't able to drink a glass or bottle of water without both hands, and without needing to bring his mouth down to the glass. Tremors? Most of his inner circle seem to be uncomfortable with him: "fucking idiot", "fucking moron", "idiot", "dumb as shit", "dope", "An idiot surrounded by clowns", "kindergartner", "not only crazy, he's stupid". Those comments are from his team, not his enemies! lol. 
    Anyway, as a president he is deplorable. As a person he is deplorable. There really isn't much good to say about him. [Over the line comment removed by Admin] Until then, I just hope the country doesn't regress too dramatically.
    Post edited by Kat on
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dignin said:

I find him extremely scary as well. That interview was confirmation for me. This is a guy who is mostly incoherent. He contradicts himself. Contradicts his staff. Doesn't seem to trust anyone. Doesn't read. Is informed almost exclusively through Fox News broadcasts. Doesn't have the ability to formulate a concise, coherent message. He is a habitual liar, although I don't know if he realizes it. He is extremely narcissistic - everything is about him. He doesn't have the country's interest at heart, and is only motivated by kudos, accolades or ratings. He will flip on a position without explanation. He is completely devoid of empathy. I also wonder why he isn't able to drink a glass or bottle of water without both hands, and without needing to bring his mouth down to the glass. Tremors? Most of his inner circle seem to be uncomfortable with him: "fucking idiot", "fucking moron", "idiot", "dumb as shit", "dope", "An idiot surrounded by clowns", "kindergartner", "not only crazy, he's stupid". Those comments are from his team, not his enemies! lol. 
    Anyway, as a president he is deplorable. As a person he is deplorable. There really isn't much good to say about him. Over the line quoted comment removed by Admin] Until then, I just hope the country doesn't regress too dramatically.
    interesting!
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    edited January 2018
    JC29856 said:
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dignin said:

Anyway, as a president he is deplorable. As a person he is deplorable. There really isn't much good to say about him. Over the line quoted comment removed by Admin]  Until then, I just hope the country doesn't regress too dramatically.
    interesting!
    Don't worry, I'm on the left coast, and only an observer. I won't be party to any of the above. I'm just being honest in hoping for the best for our country! 
    Post edited by Kat on
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    dignin said:

actually, he literally can't. there is no "button". if he tried to start nuclear war, there are checks and balances that would stop him. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    dignin said:

I think I just might have a higher threshold for judgment. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jeffbr said:
    JC29856 said:
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dignin said:

Anyway, as a president he is deplorable. As a person he is deplorable. There really isn't much good to say about him. Over the line quoted comment removed by Admin]  Until then, I just hope the country doesn't regress too dramatically.
    interesting!
    Don't worry, I'm on the left coast, and only an observer. I won't be party to any of the above. I'm just being honest in hoping for the best for our country! 
    Hey man, I agree. Trump being taken out of commission in whatever way is the best and most likely scenario right now.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    dignin said:

I think I just might have a higher threshold for judgment. 
    I guess.... I feel like you're taken it to the denial level though.
  • Options
    you call it denial, I call it objectivity. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

This discussion has been closed.