Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,845
    dignin said:
    Interesting read about how the president live tweets Fox and Friends every morning

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/01/05/trump-media-feedback-loop-216248
    Fox news controls the White House. Trump is such an empty vessel and as big of a mark as his devoted cult.
    It's really a frightening cycle.  Fox and Friends provides Trump his daily policy briefing.  It informs the non-golf portions of his day and then Fox Current Events Entertainment becomes the State News Outlet for the evening.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    When is he fulfilling his campaign promise to build a wall?

Has that started? When's the projected finish date?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    Welcome back comrade!

Finally recover from your New Year's vodka hangover?

Or just get back from trolling reeducation camp with your new talking points?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    edited January 2018
    The way the WH is refuting this book is absolutely hilarious. We ALL know that a lot of what they're denying is true because we can see it happening with our own eyes. Especially the stuff about Trump having mental problems, and the WH being chaotic. We didn't need the book to tell us that, so I'm not sure how anyone can say we should take that type of content with a grain of salt. Maybe the exact specifics in the book can't be proven, but we see it happening in public too, so to think that it is different behind closed doors is illogical. I can't believe they think the public is so stupid that they can't see how fucked up everything is.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,130
    PJ_Soul said:
    The way the WH is refuting this book is absolutely hilarious. We ALL know that a lot of what they're denying is true because we can see it happening with our own eyes. Especially the stuff about Trump having mental problems, and the WH being chaotic. We didn't need the book to tell us that, so I'm not sure how anyone can say we should take that type of content with a grain of salt. Maybe the exact specifics in the book can't be proven, but we see it happening in public too, so to think that it is different behind closed doors is illogical. I can't believe they think the public is so stupid that they can't see how fucked up everything is.
    all of these armchair psychologists claiming that the way trump is acting behind closed doors is what I'm talking about. no one can corroborate this, we don't know these people's intentions, we don't know the access they have had with trump personally, and no mental health professional, who is actually a professional, would speak about such things publicly. everyone else is just a guy with an opinion who wants to be on the news. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Be honest for a minute, who on here liked or retweeted this?

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    all of these armchair psychologists claiming that the way trump is acting behind closed doors is what I'm talking about. no one can corroborate this, we don't know these people's intentions, we don't know the access they have had with trump personally, and no mental health professional, who is actually a professional, would speak about such things publicly. everyone else is just a guy with an opinion who wants to be on the news. 
    But if he's acting like that in public 100% of the time, why would he be not be acting that way in private?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    when all else fails, go with...the 25th!
    #gowith25th
    #insurancepolicy 

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/367512-book-tweets-prompt-new-scrutiny-for-trumps-mental-fitness
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/03/trump-25th-amendment-mental-health-322625
    http://www.newsweek.com/trump-cant-remember-faces-friends-and-has-childlike-fits-according-new-book-770518

• Options
    JC29856 said:
    Be honest for a minute, who on here liked or retweeted this?

Ummm, sure. 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,740
    PJ_Soul said:
    As a mental health health professional myself, I wouldn’t hesitate to give my opinion on his mental state based on the information at hand. Many others would as well. I have no doubt he has Narcissistic Personality Disorder. There isn’t enough info to make a call on dimentia. We could just be seeing signs of someone with low intelligence under a lot of stress. The current behaviors we’re seeing were present before, just not as frequent. 

I don’t see a problem with therapists and psychologists chiming in. It’s like if your kid hurts his arm on the playground and there’s a doctor there. The doc may look at it and say it looks like it’s broken, better get it checked out. 
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    As a mental health health professional myself, I wouldn’t hesitate to give my opinion on his mental state based on the information at hand. Many others would as well. I have no doubt he has Narcissistic Personality Disorder. There isn’t enough info to make a call on dimentia. We could just be seeing signs of someone with low intelligence under a lot of stress. The current behaviors we’re seeing were present before, just not as frequent. 

I don’t see a problem with therapists and psychologists chiming in. It’s like if your kid hurts his arm on the playground and there’s a doctor there. The doc may look at it and say it looks like it’s broken, better get it checked out. 
    great example coming from a mental health professional!
    I need your prefessional opinion on your example? You think the difference is the Dr physically examines the patient in person?
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    There comes a time when saying there is no proof of his mental problems just seems ridiculous, and I think we passed that point a long, long time ago. When a man gives interviews and speeches that are literally incoherent babbling, and when phone calls with world leaders that were recorded show that he can't follow the thread of a simple conversation, I don't think it's unreasonable for people to make judgements about the man's mental stability. Saying that there is no corroboration about his mental state is pretty much like saying there is no evidence that there are mental problems with some guy who stripped naked on the sidewalk and started screeching about the coming apocalypse that will be brought down on us via Grover and the Cookie Monster. Sometimes we really don't need official diagnoses to know there is a serious problem.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

really? I thought that went against the code of ethics to comment on someone's mental health without personally examining them at length, no?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    There comes a time when saying there is no proof of his mental problems just seems ridiculous, and I think we passed that point a long, long time ago. When a man gives interviews and speeches that are literally incoherent babbling, and when phone calls with world leaders that were recorded show that he can't follow the thread of a simple conversation, I don't think it's unreasonable for people to make judgements about the man's mental stability. Saying that there is no corroboration about his mental state is pretty much like saying there is no evidence that there are mental problems with some guy who stripped naked on the sidewalk and started screeching about the coming apocalypse. Sometimes we really don't need official diagnoses to know there is a serious problem.
    I didn't say anywhere there is no proof. I'm saying there is no definitive proof. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited January 2018
    PJ_Soul said:

really? I thought that went against the code of ethics to comment on someone's mental health without personally examining them at length, no?
    Some extremely reputable psychiatrists have come forward to say they had decided to ignore the general rule to not do that, and gave their professional opinion about Trump (yup, he's losing it), because they think the issue is dire enough to ignore the rule, for the sake of the nation.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661
    PJ_Soul said:
    I agree with this.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661
    I am sick of the mental health stuff.  The guy is just a big dumb racist moron.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    But if he's acting like that in public 100% of the time, why would he be not be acting that way in private?
    I don't see his acting unstable 100% of the time. I see him as a bit of an odd duck, speaking off the cuff most times, but no way can I make a judgment that harsh simply because, in my opinion, people want it to be true. 

Honestly, I think sometimes all it comes down to is that he is just a really bad bullshitter when confronted directly, and also he just knows he can say anything and his base will lap it up. 

do I think he's a narcissist? seems likely. do I think he's demented or unstable? I have no idea. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Commenting isn’t really the problem. To give someone an assessment without an interview is an ethical problem, but that would be in the context of providing services. Giving an opinion as an outsider is different. 
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Some extremely reputable psychiatrists have come forward to say they had decided to ignore the general rule to not do that, and gave their professional opinion about Trump (yup, he's losing it), because they think the issue is dire enough to ignore the rule, for the sake of the nation.
    have they examined him personally? no, they haven't. you can make a statement saying "in my opinion, his public behaviour exhibits traits of someone who might be having some cognitive issues, but as far as suffering some sort of dementia, I'd have to examine him personally and in depth to make that determination". But beyond that, I think is very unprofessional and without much merit. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JC29856 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

great example coming from a mental health professional!
    I need your prefessional opinion on your example? You think the difference is the Dr physically examines the patient in person?
    The doctor is using information available. Doctors also gather info over the phone. The point is, it’s still professional to diagnose with what you have, and also qualify that diagnosis based on info you may not have that needs more exploration. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,997
    Every time, literally e-v-e-r-y time I open Facebook I see Trumps face.  Makes me sick.  I might have to give up FB until D.T. is gone. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    There comes a time when saying there is no proof of his mental problems just seems ridiculous, and I think we passed that point a long, long time ago. When a man gives interviews and speeches that are literally incoherent babbling, and when phone calls with world leaders that were recorded show that he can't follow the thread of a simple conversation, I don't think it's unreasonable for people to make judgements about the man's mental stability. Saying that there is no corroboration about his mental state is pretty much like saying there is no evidence that there are mental problems with some guy who stripped naked on the sidewalk and started screeching about the coming apocalypse that will be brought down on us via Grover and the Cookie Monster. Sometimes we really don't need official diagnoses to know there is a serious problem.
    Remember when he tried to convince the Mexican president to pay for the wall?

I was thinking (astonishingly I might add) that the sheer volume of idiotic things this doofus has done since his campaign is unbelievable.

Moments like that pathetic attempt at negotiation just get lost in the next day's list of ridiculousness. 

It's f**king unbelievable.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Commenting isn’t really the problem. To give someone an assessment without an interview is an ethical problem, but that would be in the context of providing services. Giving an opinion as an outsider is different. 
    ok, when I said "commenting", I meant to say "assessing". because honestly, in this context, whether they are just commenting or not, the perception is that this is an assessment from a mental health professional, leading the public to believe that their leader is possibly out of his mind. I find that highly irresponsible not only for the media to do, but the mental health professional if they weren't clear in their "I can only comment on the knowledge I have, which is nil". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    really? yeah, I'm not really feeling that comparison. seems a bit.....much. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited January 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I don't see his acting unstable 100% of the time. I see him as a bit of an odd duck, speaking off the cuff most times, but no way can I make a judgment that harsh simply because, in my opinion, people want it to be true. 

Honestly, I think sometimes all it comes down to is that he is just a really bad bullshitter when confronted directly, and also he just knows he can say anything and his base will lap it up. 

do I think he's a narcissist? seems likely. do I think he's demented or unstable? I have no idea. 
    Wow, that's not what I'm seeing. It has nothing to do with what I want to be true. The guy is completely nonsensical when he speaks, not just off the cuff. Have you ever read transcripts of his interviews and speeches? I have, and that is what convinced me there is a lot more going on than just narcissism. When the POTUS can't even really string a coherent sentence together off the top of his head, I think it is very obvious that there is a mental problem.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    really? yeah, I'm not really feeling that comparison. seems a bit.....much. 
    I'm not saying that Trump is as crazy as someone who does that. It's not a comparison. I'm just saying that sometimes it doesn't take an expert to know that someone has mental problems, and I think, all things considered, that is the case with Trump.
  • Options
    He's dumb.

Not in the classic mold. He's dumb in the sense that he thinks he's the smartest guy in the world. He's too dumb to realize he is the by-product of good fortune and that he has serious limitations for which he'd do best relying on others to help him.

It's too late at this point to salvage any credibility or respect. It's also sad that with all that has been done and said... he still has a loyal following that thinks he's solid.

I don't know where things are at regarding the possibility of him being deposed in some manner, but I would rejoice in that moment if it ever should occur.

I feel the US has hit rock bottom with this clown and the fallout from his election. But I also feel the country has a chance to rebound from such a calamity and make itself better. At least I hope. Could it get worse?
This discussion has been closed.