Donald Trump

Comments

• benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    CM189191 said:
    Sarah Sanders doing some serious damage control today, it's sad to watch
    I have not an ounce of sympathy for anyone in that administration or who has served Team Trump Treason. Values? Yea, right.
    Fully agree. A conscious loudspeaker for egregious ideas to fool the masses is still conscious and thus complicit.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited January 2018
    Sarah Sanders is a disgusting human being. May she rot in hell.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Yeah, I also wondered about the validity of some of the content so read into it a bit. It seems to me that Wolff is quite qualified as a direct witness in many cases, and also had access to plenty of credible sources. I also personally very much appreciate the tone he used in the book. That is the tone that makes a book interesting as opposed to tedious.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    I find things like that more believable when there's less salt thrown on the dish just to add flavour. if the dish was good enough on its own, there is no need for it. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yeah, I also wondered about the validity of some of the content so read into it a bit. It seems to me that Wolff is quite qualified as a direct witness in many cases, and also had access to plenty of credible sources. I also personally very much appreciate the tone he used in the book. That is the tone that makes a book interesting as opposed to tedious.
    Did you guys read the preamble about the conflicting information and the "guesses" he was forced to make because...everyone lied. 
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    This is what NY Mag posted

HOW HE GOT THE STORY

This story is adapted from Michael Wolff’s book Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House, to be published by Henry Holt & Co. on January 9. Wolff, who chronicles the administration from Election Day to this past October, conducted conversations and interviews over a period of 18 months with the president, most members of his senior staff, and many people to whom they in turn spoke. Shortly after Trump’s inauguration, Wolff says, he was able to take up “something like a semi-permanent seat on a couch in the West Wing” — an idea encouraged by the president himself. Because no one was in a position to either officially approve or formally deny such access, Wolff became “more a constant interloper than an invited guest.” There were no ground rules placed on his access, and he was required to make no promises about how he would report on what he witnessed.

Since then, he conducted more than 200 interviews. In true Trumpian fashion, the administration’s lack of experience and disdain for political norms made for a hodgepodge of journalistic challenges. Information would be provided off-the-record or on deep background, then casually put on the record. Sources would fail to set any parameters on the use of a conversation, or would provide accounts in confidence, only to subsequently share their views widely. And the president’s own views, private as well as public, were constantly shared by others. The adaptation presented here offers a front-row view of Trump’s presidency, from his improvised transition to his first months in the Oval Office.

• This is what NY Mag posted

HOW HE GOT THE STORY

This story is adapted from Michael Wolff’s book Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House, to be published by Henry Holt & Co. on January 9. Wolff, who chronicles the administration from Election Day to this past October, conducted conversations and interviews over a period of 18 months with the president, most members of his senior staff, and many people to whom they in turn spoke. Shortly after Trump’s inauguration, Wolff says, he was able to take up “something like a semi-permanent seat on a couch in the West Wing” — an idea encouraged by the president himself. Because no one was in a position to either officially approve or formally deny such access, Wolff became “more a constant interloper than an invited guest.” There were no ground rules placed on his access, and he was required to make no promises about how he would report on what he witnessed.

Since then, he conducted more than 200 interviews. In true Trumpian fashion, the administration’s lack of experience and disdain for political norms made for a hodgepodge of journalistic challenges. Information would be provided off-the-record or on deep background, then casually put on the record. Sources would fail to set any parameters on the use of a conversation, or would provide accounts in confidence, only to subsequently share their views widely. And the president’s own views, private as well as public, were constantly shared by others. The adaptation presented here offers a front-row view of Trump’s presidency, from his improvised transition to his first months in the Oval Office.

Yup, there’s a whole lot of shizzy all on up in there. It’s as true as the sun rising in the east.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,946
    I want to know if Janice was able to keep her dinner down?
    edited January 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Did you guys read the preamble about the conflicting information and the "guesses" he was forced to make because...everyone lied. 
    Well it is still a book written by a subjective human being who has interpreted information in a very chaotic environment where everyone has motive to lie. Not a textbook. I'm going to go ahead a feel comfortable with people having enough common sense and intelligence to work out what to really believe or not on their own. For those too stupid or naive to do that, well, I've got enough to worry about without concerning myself over people's inability to read critically, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331

Scoop: Wolff taped interviews with Bannon, top officials

https://www.axios.com/how-michael-wolff-did-it-2522360813.html
    edited January 2018
    What do people think about this? I'm torn, personally; maintaining security aid for Pakistan has valid pros and cons. At the moment I oppose this, but do think some of the concerns are totally legit ..... but it's refreshing to not be completely outraged and appalled by something the Trump administration did for once.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-administration-suspends-security-aid-to-pakistan/2018/01/04/303145e4-f18a-11e7-b3bf-ab90a706e175_story.html?utm_term=.081ab3d87d42&wpisrc=al_news__alert-world--alert-national&wpmk=1

Trump administration suspends most security aid to Pakistan

Supporters of Islamic political party Jamiat Ulma-e-Islam burn a U.S. flag during an anti-U.S. protest in Quetta, Pakistan, on Jan. 4, 2018. (Taraqai/Epa-Efe/Rex/Shutterstock/Taraqai/Epa-Efe/Rex/Shutterstock)
    By Missy Ryan and Carol Morello January 4 at 4:01 PM

The Trump administration will suspend most security assistance to Pakistan, the State Department said on Thursday, expanding its retribution over militant safe havens that U.S. officials blame for ongoing violence in Afghanistan.

State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert, speaking to reporters, said the suspension would allow the administration, which will freeze the aid payments but not allocate the money elsewhere, to reassess in the coming year.

Because the administration had previously said it would suspend $255 million in foreign military funding for Pakistan, the new announcement will have limited practical effect in the short term, as officials wait to see if Pakistan takes new action against militants.

But it sends as a strong signal to an on-again, off-again counterterrorism ally. The Trump administration is seeking to take a harder line against Pakistan as it expands military operations in Afghanistan, more than 16 years after that conflict began.

The State Department said Jan. 4 that the Trump administration will stop giving security assistance to Pakistan.

For years, U.S. officials have complained that Pakistan has allowed the Taliban and other extremists to operate within its borders. Taliban leaders are widely believed to reside in Pakistan, helping to direct insurgent operations in neighboring Afghanistan.

Pakistan denies those allegations and says the United States has failed to acknowledge the efforts it has taken against militant groups.

Also on Thursday, the State Department announced it would put Pakistan on a “watch list” for countries that fail to protect religious freedom.

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,175
    What an administration no , damn not only are they trying to squash the Russian investigation but now they have to do damage control of this book lol 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    remember when they believed that Planned Parenthood was harvesting baby parts and selling them on some sort of Amazon.com marketplace?

Yeah, Im thinking they have very willfully selective understanding.  There will be no reaching them.  Donald Trump could be on national television eating his own feces with a DNA analyst there to prove it is him... and his brainwashed cadre of imbeciles will say that he is the only one with any sense left.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    PJ_Soul said:
    What do people think about this? I'm torn, personally; maintaining security aid for Pakistan has valid pros and cons. At the moment I oppose this, but do think some of the concerns are totally legit ..... but it's refreshing to not be completely outraged and appalled by something the Trump administration did for once.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-administration-suspends-security-aid-to-pakistan/2018/01/04/303145e4-f18a-11e7-b3bf-ab90a706e175_story.html?utm_term=.081ab3d87d42&wpisrc=al_news__alert-world--alert-national&wpmk=1

Trump administration suspends most security aid to Pakistan

Supporters of Islamic political party Jamiat Ulma-e-Islam burn a U.S. flag during an anti-U.S. protest in Quetta, Pakistan, on Jan. 4, 2018. (Taraqai/Epa-Efe/Rex/Shutterstock/Taraqai/Epa-Efe/Rex/Shutterstock)
    By Missy Ryan and Carol Morello January 4 at 4:01 PM

The Trump administration will suspend most security assistance to Pakistan, the State Department said on Thursday, expanding its retribution over militant safe havens that U.S. officials blame for ongoing violence in Afghanistan.

State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert, speaking to reporters, said the suspension would allow the administration, which will freeze the aid payments but not allocate the money elsewhere, to reassess in the coming year.

Because the administration had previously said it would suspend $255 million in foreign military funding for Pakistan, the new announcement will have limited practical effect in the short term, as officials wait to see if Pakistan takes new action against militants.

But it sends as a strong signal to an on-again, off-again counterterrorism ally. The Trump administration is seeking to take a harder line against Pakistan as it expands military operations in Afghanistan, more than 16 years after that conflict began.

The State Department said Jan. 4 that the Trump administration will stop giving security assistance to Pakistan.

For years, U.S. officials have complained that Pakistan has allowed the Taliban and other extremists to operate within its borders. Taliban leaders are widely believed to reside in Pakistan, helping to direct insurgent operations in neighboring Afghanistan.

Pakistan denies those allegations and says the United States has failed to acknowledge the efforts it has taken against militant groups.

Also on Thursday, the State Department announced it would put Pakistan on a “watch list” for countries that fail to protect religious freedom.

Yeeeeah, I am perfectly fine with this.  Should have been done 2 seconds after we found out Osama was there.
    edited January 2018
    Well, simply having a terrorist leader in a country isn't a basis for a decision like this. A lot of things have to be considered. And there are things to consider with Pakistan that perhaps justify this. On the other hand, what will this open the door to??? That's the problem. If their security measures are this bad with the funding, wtf will it be like without it? The terrorism risk could get much worse because of this. Isn't the #1 goal to decrease that risk? Also, I think their excuse about Pakistan's failure to protect religious freedom is absolute garbage.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,946
    dignin said:

Scoop: Wolff taped interviews with Bannon, top officials

https://www.axios.com/how-michael-wolff-did-it-2522360813.html
    I wondered since the author uses a lot of quotes. I figured he was being irresponsible or had documentation, but nothing in between. 
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,561
    Let's suck the earth dry! Who gives a shit anyway. Why focus on renewable energy with all those untapped fossil fuels.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/01/04/climate/trump-offshore-drilling.html?referer=https://www.google.com/
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Alternate universe. 
    www.myspace.com
  • I am shocked that this new book claims the US president is a lazy, racist idiot.

I had always thought American's elected an idiot racist, who happened to be lazy - the more you know!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Interesting read about how the president live tweets Fox and Friends every morning

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/01/05/trump-media-feedback-loop-216248
    www.myspace.com
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    Interesting read about how the president live tweets Fox and Friends every morning

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/01/05/trump-media-feedback-loop-216248
    Fox news controls the White House. Trump is such an empty vessel and as big of a mark as his devoted cult.
    dignin said:

Fox news controls the White House. Trump is such an empty vessel and as big of a mark as his devoted cult.
    totally agree. 

www.headstonesband.com

• CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    Interesting read by the author of that book tRump seems to be so worried about:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/michael-wolff-my-insane-year-inside-trumps-white-house-1071504

"Since the new White House was often uncertain about what the president meant or did not mean in any given utterance, his non-disapproval became a kind of passport for me to hang around — checking in each week at the Hay-Adams hotel, making appointments with various senior staffers who put my name in the "system," and then wandering across the street to the White House and plunking myself down, day after day, on a West Wing couch."
    CM189191 said:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/michael-wolff-my-insane-year-inside-trumps-white-house-1071504

"Since the new White House was often uncertain about what the president meant or did not mean in any given utterance, his non-disapproval became a kind of passport for me to hang around — checking in each week at the Hay-Adams hotel, making appointments with various senior staffers who put my name in the "system," and then wandering across the street to the White House and plunking myself down, day after day, on a West Wing couch."

More quotes from the article, pretty scathing.  No wonder tRump is so upset.

He's just a fucking fool.
    like a child
    What a fucking moron
    For Rex Tillerson, he was a moron.
    For Gary Cohn, he was dumb as shit.
    For H.R. McMaster, he was a hopeless idiot.
    For Steve Bannon, he had lost his mind.

Probably most interesting to me: 
    Even Donald Trump couldn't say no to his kids. "It's a littleee, littleee complicated …" he explained to Priebus about why he needed to give his daughter and son-in-law official jobs.

Why? Because they are complicit?  Accomplices to tRump's crimes?  Or are they his handlers as he slips into dementia?
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

More quotes from the article, pretty scathing.  No wonder tRump is so upset.

He's just a fucking fool.
    like a child
    What a fucking moron
    For Rex Tillerson, he was a moron.
    For Gary Cohn, he was dumb as shit.
    For H.R. McMaster, he was a hopeless idiot.
    For Steve Bannon, he had lost his mind.

Probably most interesting to me: 
    Even Donald Trump couldn't say no to his kids. "It's a littleee, littleee complicated …" he explained to Priebus about why he needed to give his daughter and son-in-law official jobs.

Why? Because they are complicit?  Accomplices to tRump's crimes?  Or are they his handlers as he slips into dementia?
    There was more: Everybody was painfully aware of the increasing pace of his repetitions. It used to be inside of 30 minutes he'd repeat, word-for-word and expression-for-expression, the same three stories — now it was within 10 minutes. 

My great-grandmother would do this late in her life.  Never diagnosed, but almost certainly dementia. 
    I think the diagnoses of dementia, etc, are a little premature at this point. nothing but conjecture by people who are hoping he fails. It could be just as plausible that this behaviour, if it's even true, could be brought on by extreme stress. 

www.headstonesband.com

I think the diagnoses of dementia, etc, are a little premature at this point. nothing but conjecture by people who are hoping he fails. It could be just as plausible that this behaviour, if it's even true, could be brought on by extreme stress. 
    I'm no doctor, I just play one on the internet.

Let's say it's not dementia, and tRump's words and actions are conducted with his full mental capacity.  This is even more terrifying.
    CM189191 said:
    I'm no doctor, I just play one on the internet.

Let's say it's not dementia, and tRump's words and actions are conducted with his full mental capacity.  This is even more terrifying.
    LOL, I don't think so. I think most of what he says is just for the adoring idiots that show up to his rallies and follow him on twitter. 

most of what I've read about people saying he's losing it is based on stuff said out of the public eye, so we don't know the context, if he actually said it, this person's motivation, etc. So at this point, I take all of this with a grain. 

www.headstonesband.com

This discussion has been closed.