Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,801
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    I love when the QtRUmplicans who claim to be PJ fans come on here to spew their QtRUmplican conspiracy theories. 
    Me too! Where are the rest of us? I could use a little help here. I've been hanging out on The Porch thread for 25 years and just recently realized that this is the place to be. I'm learning so much from you guys.  
    And we’re learning a lot from you too! So please post the FBI link with the info you provided up above? 
    Here! Now you can sleep. 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/fbi-confirms-there-was-no-insurrection-on-january-6
    See the word in the link that says "opinion"?  That's a clue as how much value you should put in it.  
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,025
    whatabout
    whatabout
    whatthefuckabout
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,345
    the very same justice who later lamented the loss of credibility of the court......

Trump lawyers who fought election results saw Thomas as key
    By ERIC TUCKER and MARY CLARE JALONICK
    39 mins ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — Lawyers who aided former President Donald Trump's efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election regarded an appeal to Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas as “key” to their chances of success, according to emails provided to congressional investigators and made public Wednesday.

The email exchange from December 31, 2020 shows the lawyers discussing ways to delay the certification of results in Georgia, a closely contested state won by Democrat Joe Biden. One lawyer, Kenneth Chesebro, suggested that an appeal to Thomas, as the justice who handles emergency appeals from Georgia, could “end up being the key here."

“We want to frame things so that Thomas could be the one to issue some sort of stay or other circuit justice opinion saying Georgia is in legitimate doubt,” Chesebro wrote. “Realistically, our only chance to get a favorable judicial opinion by Jan. 6, which might hold up the Georgia count in Congress, is from Thomas.”

Another lawyer, John Eastman, responded that he was in agreement, saying that if Thomas were to act, “that may be enough to kick the Georgia Legislature into gear because I've been getting a lot of calls from them indicating they're leaning that way."

In the end, the Supreme Court wound up rejecting multiple Republican requests to intervene in the election and undo the results.

The emails were disclosed to congressional investigators as part of a long-running lawsuit involving Eastman, a conservative lawyer and an architect of Trump’s last-ditch efforts to stay in office, and the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol.

Eastman, a former law clerk for Thomas, has been trying to withhold documents from the committee on the basis of attorney-client privilege claims. The committee has argued that there is a legal exception allowing the disclosure of communications regarding ongoing or future crimes. U.S. District Court Judge David Carter, who is overseeing the case, has mostly agreed, ordering the release of hundreds of emails to the House committee since the spring.

The emails were published by Politico. Their authenticity was confirmed by a person familiar with the matter who was not authorized to discuss the it by name and spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity.

Chesebro did not immediately return a text message seeking comment. A lawyer for Eastman also did not immediately return a call seeking comment.

Thomas's wife, Virginia, was interviewed by the panel in September, when she stood by the false claim that the 2020 election was fraudulent.

Last June, Eastman posted on his blog a Dec. 4, 2020, email from Virginia Thomas in which she asked him for a status update for a group she described as “grassroots state leaders.”

“OMG, Mrs. Thomas asked me to give an update about election litigation to her group. Stop the Presses!” the headline on the blog post reads.

Eastman also said he never discussed with either Thomas “any matters pending or likely to come before the Court.”

_____

Associated Press writers Farnoush Amiri and Mark Sherman in Washington contributed to this report.

___

Follow AP’s coverage of the Jan. 6 insurrection at https://apnews.com/hub/capitol-siege

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Breitbart has nothing to do with this.  

The documents were obtained by Missouri Attorney General and Republican Senate candidate Eric Schmitt as part of an investigation he is conducting. The left-wing site The Intercept did the initial reporting.

https://theintercept.com/2022/10/31/social-media-disinformation-dhs/

ALL 48 PAGES OF THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING ARE HERE:

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/23175380/dhs-cybersecurity-disinformation-meeting-minutes.pdf

Here is a link to HOW Facebook was being used by the US Govt to manipulate and remove or edit information:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23129270-fb-portal

THIS WAS A MASSIVE FASCIST EFFORT TO COORDINATE AND MANIPULATE INFORMATION THAT WOULD BECOME PUBLIC.  

“Prior to the 2020 election, tech companies including Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Discord, Wikipedia, Microsoft, LinkedIn, and Verizon Media met on a monthly basis with the FBI, CISA, and other government representatives. According to NBC News, the meetings were part of an initiative, still ongoing, between the private sector and government to discuss how firms would handle misinformation during the election.“

THE CHINESE CCCP currently AND NAZI GERMANY historically did this same information propaganda manipulation.  Instead of directly manipulating information, our government used the media to do it.  

This is some serious stuff folks.
    Did you read that this was started in 2018 by the Trump Whitehouse? Or did you conveniently gloss over that?  I read the article and agree it is a dangerous path but don't blame Joe and the Dems for something that was started under a Republican administration.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    I love when the QtRUmplicans who claim to be PJ fans come on here to spew their QtRUmplican conspiracy theories. 
    Me too! Where are the rest of us? I could use a little help here. I've been hanging out on The Porch thread for 25 years and just recently realized that this is the place to be. I'm learning so much from you guys.  
    And we’re learning a lot from you too! So please post the FBI link with the info you provided up above? 
    Here! Now you can sleep. 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/fbi-confirms-there-was-no-insurrection-on-january-6
    Washington examiner?
    Whats the matter nothing from daily stormer to fit your narrative?
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,470
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    Here! Now you can sleep. 

Washington examiner?
    Never heard of that one but here's the mainstream media's recent track record:

1. Nobody Believes The Media Anymore

Come on… Ten days before a consequential national election, the same media guilty of all this…

• Russia Collusion Hoax
    • Hands Up, Don’t Shoot Hoax
    • Jussie Smollett Hoax
    • Covington KKKids Hoax
    • Very Fine People Hoax
    • Seven-Hour Gap Hoax
    • Global Warming Hoax
    • Russian Bounties Hoax
    • Trump Trashes Troops Hoax
    • Policemen Killed at Mostly-Peaceful January 6 Protest Hoax
    • Rittenhouse Hoax
    • Eating While Black Hoax
    • Border Agents Whipping Illegals Hoax
    • NASCAR Noose Hoax
    • The Georgia Jim Crow 2.0 Hoax
    • Trump Assaulted Secret Service Agents and Grabbed Steering Wheel of Beast Hoax

…honestly thought they could gaslight voters into buying anything they report, especially something as Reichstag-ish as this?

For context this article was talking about how the media is trying to frame Paul Pelosi's gay lover as a Maga man when he is actually a leftist loony who is an illegal alien that lives in Berkley and flies BLM and Gay Pride Flags. Must be the new Maga then I guess. 

• Options
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    Here! Now you can sleep. 

Washington examiner?

Come on… Ten days before a consequential national election, the same media guilty of all this…

• Russia Collusion Hoax
    • Jussie Smollett Hoax
    • Covington KKKids Hoax
    • Very Fine People Hoax
    • Seven-Hour Gap Hoax
    • Global Warming Hoax
    • Russian Bounties Hoax
    • Rittenhouse Hoax
    • NASCAR Noose Hoax
    • Trump Assaulted Secret Service Agents and Grabbed Steering Wheel of Beast Hoax

…honestly thought they could gaslight voters into buying anything they report, especially something as Reichstag-ish as this?

For context this article was talking about how the media is trying to frame Paul Pelosi's gay lover as a Maga man when he is actually a leftist loony who is an illegal alien that lives in Berkley and flies BLM and Gay Pride Flags. Must be the new Maga then I guess. 

Got a source for your list of hoaxes or do you have a Hoax in a Box?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    Here! Now you can sleep. 

Washington examiner?

• Russia Collusion Hoax
    • Jussie Smollett Hoax
    • Covington KKKids Hoax
    • Very Fine People Hoax
    • Seven-Hour Gap Hoax
    • Global Warming Hoax
    • Russian Bounties Hoax
    • Rittenhouse Hoax
    • NASCAR Noose Hoax

The sweet, sweet irony of you complaining about hoaxes and then ending your screed by shoveling the lies about Pelosi. 

You are so steeped in right wing propaganda, it's seriously pathetic.  Tell me about PIzzagate.  
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    Here! Now you can sleep. 

Washington examiner?

• Russia Collusion Hoax
    • Jussie Smollett Hoax
    • Covington KKKids Hoax
    • Very Fine People Hoax
    • Seven-Hour Gap Hoax
    • Global Warming Hoax
    • Russian Bounties Hoax
    • Rittenhouse Hoax
    • NASCAR Noose Hoax

Got a source for your list of hoaxes or do you have a Hoax in a Box?
    Its part of the QtRUmplican playbook. Take credit for work you didn't  do. Never provide links or sources.
    If it's bad or wrong then it was someone else's fault.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
    Is that gay lover a real theory floating around, or just a joke? Haven't heard that yet.
  • Options
    Based on everything from the 2020 election to CRT to open borders to god, I'm convinced the easiest way to fool a Republican/conservative voter is simply to tell them something.  
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    Based on everything from the 2020 election to CRT to open borders to god, I'm convinced the easiest way to fool a Republican/conservative voter is simply to tell them something.  
    glad I wasnt taking a drink when I read this.....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

It's hard to argue otherwise at this point. 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    mfc2006 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:

This is some serious stuff folks.
    Hey bud....@rolemodelsinblood31 --   what do you think Trump was doing with all those top secret documents at maralago? Talk about serious stuff. Hoooboy...
    Come on Juggler. Everyone knows he was hiding the documents that prove his Russian collusion. Try and keep up. 
    What do you think he was doing with them? I've tried asking this to every maga I can find over the last few months. Only real answer I got is from some guy who said he didn't know but that the fbi likely planted evidence. haha

I wonder why you guys are so scared of this simple question. 

We may not know exactly why but what we do know is that the feds had previously inspected his stored records and were ok with it and just suggested he put a more secure lock on the door. There! Now you can sleep. 
    No...try again. They were "ok with it" because the attorney assured them that no classified information remained. Educate yourself for Christ sake. 
    Bingo.
    Yep. And just like that he's gone. Yet another non answer to my question. They're literally afraid to even speculate about what Trump was doing with top secret documents after leaving the White House. lol

Months of me asking them this question and so far we've only gotten the feds were planting evidence, some how the FBI was okay with him having them, and my favorite: "BUT OBAMA."  Literally nothing about what they thought he was actually doing with them. Speaks volumes. 
    The truth hurts. Just stir the pot, drop a bunch of nonsense & leave. Kind of on brand for the GOP - they truly don't care about the mess they leave behind.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Is that gay lover a real theory floating around, or just a joke? Haven't heard that yet.
    Sure is... 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    Here! Now you can sleep. 

Washington examiner?

• Russia Collusion Hoax
    • Jussie Smollett Hoax
    • Covington KKKids Hoax
    • Very Fine People Hoax
    • Seven-Hour Gap Hoax
    • Global Warming Hoax
    • Russian Bounties Hoax
    • Rittenhouse Hoax
    • NASCAR Noose Hoax

WOW. Just WOW.

LOL.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,454
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    Here! Now you can sleep. 

Washington examiner?

• Russia Collusion Hoax
    • Jussie Smollett Hoax
    • Covington KKKids Hoax
    • Very Fine People Hoax
    • Seven-Hour Gap Hoax
    • Global Warming Hoax
    • Russian Bounties Hoax
    • Rittenhouse Hoax
    • NASCAR Noose Hoax

Pathetic dude you have zero info on your claims! Do you really believe we are just supposed to believe your crap you post! 🤣🤣🤣 you already have been proven wrong on many issues and I’m not at all well rounded as some of the posters here but you have to do better! Which MAGA candidates did you vote for?  You already know I’m voting straight Democrats across the ballot! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    Here! Now you can sleep. 

Washington examiner?

• Russia Collusion Hoax
    • Jussie Smollett Hoax
    • Covington KKKids Hoax
    • Very Fine People Hoax
    • Seven-Hour Gap Hoax
    • Global Warming Hoax
    • Russian Bounties Hoax
    • Rittenhouse Hoax
    • NASCAR Noose Hoax

All those so-called "HOAXES" are TRUE.  (except for Jussie...) It ALL HAPPENED exactly as MSNBC reported it. If Trizzie said it, it's the literally the OPPOSITE.  When he says "WITCH HUNT" he means "I FUCKING DID IT".

You left out the all true #PTAPE. 

Breitbart links are for MORONS.

Here's a picture of Brian Sicknick that I took that you may find compelling.  REAL AF.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    NEWSFLASH   ALL your R based "ideas" are actually baldfaced LIES.

#rettiwtkcuf

Post edited by ikiT on
  • Options
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    Here! Now you can sleep. 

Washington examiner?

• Russia Collusion Hoax
    • Jussie Smollett Hoax
    • Covington KKKids Hoax
    • Very Fine People Hoax
    • Seven-Hour Gap Hoax
    • Global Warming Hoax
    • Russian Bounties Hoax
    • Rittenhouse Hoax
    • NASCAR Noose Hoax

My favorite part...Never heard of that one 

PONDEROUS

• Options
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,131
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,454
    Good I hope the MAGA idiots will create havoc for Deathsantis supporters! There’s no way Orange baby will ever tell his cult to vote for the other guy. 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,547
    cutz said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    tRump was on some podcast talking about the Pelosi attack....spewing all kinds of bullshit.

ALL of that right wing bullshit has been disproven (a simple reading of the fucking SFPD report) yet they continue on like the report doesn't even exist.

This morning it came out that there is actually security footage of the guy breaking the window (FROM THE OUTSIDE) but there was no security person actually paying attention so no alerts were made until Pelosi's call to 911.
    Yeah I heard that part of podcast! What a total douche bag him and all his supporters are, he talks like he has all the inside info and they totally bite hook line & sinker. It’s utterly repulsive 
    That's the problem with the right wing news. Their "sources" bring up the bullshit and then never go back and correct anything. They just continue forward with the bullshit like the facts don't exist.

This country is totally fucked. We are too stupid to survive this.
    Well that's the pot calling the kettle black! The left wing news is famous for cherry picking their facts but leaving out important details that provide actual context to the story. Gotta control the narrative! 
    Crock of shit! Faux literally didn’t cover the 1/6 hearings some of the most important in this nations history 
    https://www.npr.org/2022/06/10/1104116455/fox-news-jan-6-hearing Did you watch them? 
    The Jan 6th hearings are proving my point. After the FBI told congress that there was no there there they still decided to hold a partisan (Yes Kinszinger and Cheney are actually Dems) one sided showcase all so they could once again control the narrative. 

Fox didn't air it because they knew their audience wouldn't stand for it. If their audience wanted to see it they could go to any of the many state run news channels. 
    https://www.newsweek.com/liz-cheney-voted-donald-trump-93-percent-congress-1734186

Liz Cheney is no Democrat.  Don't be stupid.
    And all of the people who worked for Trump in his administration, and testified against him, are  R's(Jan. 6th hearing did prove your point?)

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,131
    Good I hope the MAGA idiots will create havoc for Deathsantis supporters! There’s no way Orange baby will ever tell his cult to vote for the other guy. 
    nope....it's going to be beautiful
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

Judge says he'll appoint monitor for Donald Trump's company
    By MICHAEL R. SISAK
    52 mins ago

NEW YORK (AP) — A Manhattan judge said Thursday he will appoint an independent monitor “to ensure there is no further fraud” at former President Donald Trump’s company, restricting its ability to freely make deals, sell assets and change its corporate structure.

Judge Arthur Engoron ordered an outside watchdog as he presides over a lawsuit in which New York’s attorney general alleges Trump and the Trump Organization misled banks and others about the value of prized assets, including golf courses and hotels bearing his name.

Attorney General Letitia James says the company is continuing to engage in fraud and has taken steps to dodge potential penalties from her lawsuit, such as incorporating a new, similarly named entity — Trump Organization LLC — in September, just before the lawsuit was filed.

Engoron wrote in an 11-page order that Trump and the Trump Organization “demonstrated propensity to engage in persistent fraud” and that appointing an outside monitor “is the most prudent and narrowly tailored mechanism to ensure there is no further fraud or illegality" pending the resolution of the lawsuit.

James, a Democrat, is seeking $250 million and a permanent ban on Trump, a Republican, doing business in the state.

Engoron, in agreeing to appoint a monitor, barred the Trump Organization from selling or transferring any noncash assets without giving the court and James’ office 14 days notice. The to-be-named monitor will be charged with ensuring the company's compliance and will immediately report any violations to the court and lawyers for both sides.

The Trump Organization must also grant the monitor access to its financial statements, asset valuations and other disclosures, must provide a full and accurate description of the company's structure and must give the monitor at least 30 days notice of any potential restructuring, refinancing or asset sales, Engoron said.

It's just the latest ruling Engoron has made against Trump or Trump-related interests.

While presiding over disputes over subpoenas issued in James’ investigation, the judge, a Democrat, held Trump in contempt and fined him $110,000 after he was slow to turn over documents, and he forced him to sit for a deposition. In that testimony, Trump invoked his Fifth Amendment protection against self-incrimination more than 400 times.

Messages seeking comment were left with lawyers for Trump and the Trump Organization.

James’ senior enforcement counsel, Kevin Wallace, said at a hearing preceding Engoron's decision that they were seeking “limited” oversight and wouldn’t want the monitor involved in intricacies, such as how many rounds of golf or hotel rooms they were booking in a given year.

“Our goal in doing this is not to impact the day-to-day operations of the Trump Organization," said Wallace.

“The Trump Organization has a persistent record of not complying with existing court orders,” Wallace said. “It should not be incumbent on the court or the attorney general to spend the next year looking over their shoulder, making sure assets aren’t sold or the company restructured.”

Trump sued James in Florida on Wednesday, seeking to block her from having any oversight over the family trust that controls his company. Trump’s 35-page complaint rehashed some claims from his previously dismissed lawsuit against James in federal court in New York, including that her investigation of him is a “political witch hunt.”

Wallace said at Thursday's hearing that James' office is seeking to stop “fraudulent activities that are ongoing at the Trump Organization" and wants safeguards in place so that the company can't just sell off assets, such as Trump Tower and an office building at 40 Wall Street, that could eventually be used to pay a potential lawsuit judgment.

Trump Organization lawyer Christopher Kise responded that the company has “no intention” to divest those properties, which together he says conservatively have a value of at least $250 million. The "Trump entities are not going anywhere,” he added.

Kise argued that James' lawsuit was much ado about common, good-faith disagreements in the real estate industry. If banks that loaned Trump money felt he or the company had acted improperly, they would have spoken up, Kise said.

“There’s no problem. There’s no case here,” Kise said. “It’s mind-numbing that we’re going to have a receiver insert himself or herself into these complex transactions instead of the owner of this real estate.”

Engoron took issue with at least one aspect of Kise's reasoning, asking him if there was really a “good-faith disagreement” when Trump claimed his Trump Tower penthouse was three times its actual size, and $200 million more valuable.

As for the new Trump entity that drew concern from James' office, Kise said the company — listed in a New York corporate filing as Trump Organization II — had nothing to do with dodging potential penalties from James' lawsuit, but rather “consolidation of payroll issues that have arisen in other contexts.”

Kise didn't offer additional details. The Trump Organization’s payroll practices are among the issues being raised at the company's Manhattan criminal fraud trial, which was halted Tuesday and is expected to resume Monday after a witness tested positive for COVID-19.

__

Follow Michael Sisak on Twitter at twitter.com/mikesisak

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,729
    I like that Ron and whoever else runs is forced to be Trump adjacent while campaigning and have to convince people they aren’t Trump, but still are kinda like him so they don’t alienate his base. Watch the creative  wordplay when asked about Trump’s crimes and the “stolen election”. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,087
    careful what you wish for. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Sample is way too small
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,087
    mrussel1 said:
    Sample is way too small
    I know, but "laughing gleefully" at desantis being the nominee? yikes. he's just a smarter version of trump. not sure which is worse at this point. But I think desantis has a better chance of beating biden than trump does. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

This discussion has been closed.