Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Hence the temporary kerfluffle over Hunter Biden's laptop. A distraction from "real" news. What I find interesting is why the current DA is avoiding filing charges. Why? Did they get to him? Too much of a circus? Afraid of failure? Between this and Mark Meadows's voter fraud, if they don't file warranted charges, it will not bode well for the future. Regardless, I see a repub administration issuing pardons. This current repub corruption knows no bounds.

Just wait until 2022 midterms and 2024. This country is really going to go down the shitter.
    You want to discuss corruption? Ask your Democrats why Trump hasn't been charged yet. The Democrats are in power and all we hear is that Trump broke the law. It shouldn't be so difficult if Democrats truly have proof. Not only that, if Trump did break the law, they have a civil duty to make sure he pays for his crimes. Not making him pay for those crimes is just as bad as any repub corruption.

It’s also Republicans’ duty. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,735
    DewieCox said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Hence the temporary kerfluffle over Hunter Biden's laptop. A distraction from "real" news. What I find interesting is why the current DA is avoiding filing charges. Why? Did they get to him? Too much of a circus? Afraid of failure? Between this and Mark Meadows's voter fraud, if they don't file warranted charges, it will not bode well for the future. Regardless, I see a repub administration issuing pardons. This current repub corruption knows no bounds.

Just wait until 2022 midterms and 2024. This country is really going to go down the shitter.
    You want to discuss corruption? Ask your Democrats why Trump hasn't been charged yet. The Democrats are in power and all we hear is that Trump broke the law. It shouldn't be so difficult if Democrats truly have proof. Not only that, if Trump did break the law, they have a civil duty to make sure he pays for his crimes. Not making him pay for those crimes is just as bad as any repub corruption.

It’s also Republicans’ duty. 
    It's the DOJ's duty.  Political parties should have nothing to do with it.  When we reach the point where this is commonplace, we've lost the Republic. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,836
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:

This has to be one of the strangest questions ever asked on AMT.  Amusing but.... ahem...
    Evidently he believes political parties file charges. 

Nope, just paperwork and fingernails. 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,389
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:

This has to be one of the strangest questions ever asked on AMT.  Amusing but.... ahem...

He also mentions that not making him pay for his crimes is just as bad as any republican corruption. Republicans TWICE overlooked that corruption in his two impeachment trials. Trying to find the logic in some of these people's posts is difficult. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,606
    edited March 2022
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:

He also mentions that not making him pay for his crimes is just as bad as any republican corruption. Republicans TWICE overlooked that corruption in his two impeachment trials. Trying to find the logic in some of these people's posts is difficult. lol
     That was not his point and you know it.  That is why this board is so damn frustrating.  He clearly stated that the Dems are the ones screaming that he broke the law, and not the Republicans.  So, yeah, if he said Trump broke the law, the Republicans knew it, and they chose not to do anything then they would be derelict.  He clearly did not say that, though, and was referencing the Dems.   

Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That was not his point and you know it.  That is why this board is so damn frustrating.  He clearly stated that the Dems are the ones screaming that he broke the law, and not the Republicans.  So, yeah, if he said Trump broke the law, the Republicans knew it, and they chose not to do anything then they would be derelict.  He clearly did not say that, though, and was referencing the Dems.   

But it's a stupid point.  Are you/he suggesting that the D's should somehow bypass or put their thumb on the DOJ to file charges?
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    Republican.... Democrat.... it shouldn't matter. If someone broke the law, they should pay the price regardless if their "side" supports them. All parties are derelict in their duty but it's not up to either party to charge people with crimes.

I'm just getting tired of always hearing about how this person or that person broke the law and be patient because they will pay for their crimes. It just doesn't happen.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If the dirt on Trump is real, why is he being protected and not prosecuted? Republicans don't own the legal system so you can blame them all you want but there's much more going on here. Maybe the case is already built and they are waiting until right before the election to bring Trump down once and for all??? Take Trump down already and lets get past this so we can move forward.
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    Republican.... Democrat.... it shouldn't matter. If someone broke the law, they should pay the price regardless if their "side" supports them. All parties are derelict in their duty but it's not up to either party to charge people with crimes.

I'm just getting tired of always hearing about how this person or that person broke the law and be patient because they will pay for their crimes. It just doesn't happen.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If the dirt on Trump is real, why is he being protected and not prosecuted? Republicans don't own the legal system so you can blame them all you want but there's much more going on here. Maybe the case is already built and they are waiting until right before the election to bring Trump down once and for all??? Take Trump down already and lets get past this so we can move forward.
    Trump has done an excellent job insulating himself.  Proving, beyond a reasonable doubt, that crimes in his org or his admin were personally known by him and/or instructed by him is difficult to do.  To charge an ex-president and failing to convict is far more damaging than not charging him at all.  I understand the hesitancy from the Manhattan DA, etc. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:

Trump has done an excellent job insulating himself.  Proving, beyond a reasonable doubt, that crimes in his org or his admin were personally known by him and/or instructed by him is difficult to do.  To charge an ex-president and failing to convict is far more damaging than not charging him at all.  I understand the hesitancy from the Manhattan DA, etc. 
    But it's more than just the Manhattan DA looking into charging him right?

I was scolded the other day when I said that Trump was competent. If what you are saying is true and he is smart enough to know how to insulate himself, that sounds pretty competent to me. If he wasn't competent, wouldn't he have screwed up somewhere along the way?

The prosecutor that quit the Manhattan DA said, "“The team that has been investigating Mr. Trump harbors no doubt about whether he committed crimes — he did.”"

Once again, someone is telling us that Trump is guilty yet very little is happening. Is that called competence, luck or is it just more lies?
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,606
    edited March 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:

But it's a stupid point.  Are you/he suggesting that the D's should somehow bypass or put their thumb on the DOJ to file charges?
     No, not debating the merits of the point being made.  Just the fact that sometimes, I believe, people on here clearly know the point that someone is trying to make and choose to instead twist words to belittle. 

It is one of the main reasons I don’t post much on AMT.  You have to write a book or have four caveats because you know people are going to twist your words even though they are intelligent enough to know otherwise.  
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,836
    JB16057 said:

"Steal a little and they put in jail,
    Steal a lot and they make you king."
    -Bob Dylan

And when you have a lot of money, you can get away with murder, sometimes literally.  Add to that, for better or worse, the justice system at this level is going to move slowly.  It just does.  So, yeah, it is frustrating to see the process seemingly take forever. 

But what I want to know is this:  Why would anyone want to come to the defense of Donald Trump in the first place?  Thinking as objectively as I can, I cannot for the life of me fathom why anyone would do that.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:

You mean Biden's DOJ? Why should any D's have to put any thumbs on the DOJ when the Democrats have all this power?

I'm only referencing the Dems because you all know the Repubs aren't interested in charging Trump. How is this any different when the tables have turned? The Dems protect the Dems just like the Repubs protect the Repubs.

I no longer believe any Republicans that say, don't worry, charges are coming! If that was the case, Hillary, Comey.... a huge list of Dems would be put in prison but it never happened and will never happen.

If we lose faith in our judicial system, why are any of us bothering to follow the rules? Well I'm guessing most of us aren't rich, famous and/or politicians because they live in a protected class.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:

No, not debating the merits of the point being made.  Just the fact that sometimes, I believe, people on here clearly know the point that someone is trying to make and choose to instead twist words to belittle. 

It is one of the main reasons I don’t post much on AMT.  You have to write a book or have four caveats because you know people are going to twist your words even though they are intelligent enough to know otherwise.  
    ^^^^ Thank you for saying this.

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:

You mean Biden's DOJ? Why should any D's have to put any thumbs on the DOJ when the Democrats have all this power?

I'm only referencing the Dems because you all know the Repubs aren't interested in charging Trump. How is this any different when the tables have turned? The Dems protect the Dems just like the Repubs protect the Repubs.

I no longer believe any Republicans that say, don't worry, charges are coming! If that was the case, Hillary, Comey.... a huge list of Dems would be put in prison but it never happened and will never happen.

If we lose faith in our judicial system, why are any of us bothering to follow the rules? Well I'm guessing most of us aren't rich, famous and/or politicians because they live in a protected class.
    I've never had faith in our judicial system. Probably never will. It's why I refuse to serve on a jury. I don't care that it's a pain in the ass; I simply don't believe that it works. I do, however, follow basic societal rules. I definitely don't follow the law all the time, though.

Also, as a US citizen who belongs to neither party, I have observed republicans protect their own and stick together much more than the democrats. Maybe democrats should have played more team sports in their youth.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:

They're also clearly under the impression that the DOJ is a political arm of the President, "Biden's DOJ." That is one of the downsides of Trump's four years unfortunately. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:

They're also clearly under the impression that the DOJ is a political arm of the President, "Biden's DOJ." That is one of the downsides of Trump's four years unfortunately. 

You mean this Biden DOJ?

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,198
    JB16057 said:

Because there is equity in justice here and the (former) President is not above the law.

ROFL.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,945
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:

But it's more than just the Manhattan DA looking into charging him right?

I was scolded the other day when I said that Trump was competent. If what you are saying is true and he is smart enough to know how to insulate himself, that sounds pretty competent to me. If he wasn't competent, wouldn't he have screwed up somewhere along the way?

The prosecutor that quit the Manhattan DA said, "“The team that has been investigating Mr. Trump harbors no doubt about whether he committed crimes — he did.”"

Once again, someone is telling us that Trump is guilty yet very little is happening. Is that called competence, luck or is it just more lies?
    you weren't "scolded" for saying trump was competent. you based your competency claim on him winning the 2016 election, while at the same time claiming biden isn't/won't be competent....even after winning....wait for it.....the next election against Mr. Competent. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,066
    JB16057 said:

His rape trial is still out there....can't bury that one
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    I can't say I understand why tRump isn't facing more charges.  It 's like the Mueller report has been forgotten.

When the prosecutor of SDNY resigned I figured there must not be enough evidence there to go to trial (which building a financial case would be difficult to show how much knowledge he had...one thing to credit tRump with is that he is so stupid he doesn't email so not much of a trail likely) 

But just a day or so ago that prosecutor said there was evidence that tRump committed crimes. So wtf?

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:

You mean this Biden DOJ?

Are you familiar with Project Veritas...even a little bit?

Yes, that DOJ.

lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I can't say I understand why tRump isn't facing more charges.  It 's like the Mueller report has been forgotten.

When the prosecutor of SDNY resigned I figured there must not be enough evidence there to go to trial (which building a financial case would be difficult to show how much knowledge he had...one thing to credit tRump with is that he is so stupid he doesn't email so not much of a trail likely) 

But just a day or so ago that prosecutor said there was evidence that tRump committed crimes. So wtf?
    I think it's becoming clearer and clearer they're just afraid of the ramifications of charging a former president. Political or otherwise. I don't know. There's other cases still pending, including the one in Georgia. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,945
    as mrussell said, I agree, it is a MASSIVE deal to charge a former prez, with literally anything. you'd better be 100% secure that you'd get a conviction. and 100% sure it doesn't look one bit political. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    agreed....just imagine what would happen the next time the GOP gets a chance. What a shit show.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,139
    I can't say I understand why9 tRump isn't facing more charges.  It 's like the Mueller report has been forgotten.

it was manhattan. NOT SDNY.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,965
    edited March 2022
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:

I don't agree with your last sentence whatsoever. Committing a crime is undoubtedly worse than being incapable of prosecuting someone for crimes. If your argument is that the failure to prosecute thus far is a demonstration of ineptitude, where the hell were you practically any time Trump opened his upper asshole (and by that I mean his mouth)? Were you concerned about the illusion of incompetence then?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:

I don't agree with your last sentence whatsoever. Committing a crime is undoubtedly worse than being incapable of prosecuting someone for crimes. If your argument is that the failure to prosecute thus far is a demonstration of ineptitude, where the hell were you practically any time Trump opened his upper asshole (and by that I mean his mouth)? Were you concerned about the illusion of incompetence then?
    I have no power to change any of this. Go ahead and give me the power and I'll make sure that anyone that broke the law pays the price regardless of the letter next to their name.

Either Trump is competent enough to not get into trouble or the people trying to convict him are incompetent or are just lying to you.

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,312
    JB16057 said:
    benjs said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:

I have no power to change any of this. Go ahead and give me the power and I'll make sure that anyone that broke the law pays the price regardless of the letter next to their name.

Either Trump is competent enough to not get into trouble or the people trying to convict him are incompetent or are just lying to you.

I think you're confusing the different meanings of incompetent and how they apply. Trump can be an incompetent president because he's just not qualified to do it due to his lack of understanding/care for leading the whole country, but he can be competent at deception, lies and abusing power due to his extensive experience doing so in the private sector. Surely you understand this. He's a fucking crook and always has been.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    JB16057 said:
    benjs said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:

I think you're confusing the different meanings of incompetent and how they apply. Trump can be an incompetent president because he's just not qualified to do it due to his lack of understanding/care for leading the whole country, but he can be competent at deception, lies and abusing power due to his extensive experience doing so in the private sector. Surely you understand this. He's a fucking crook and always has been.
    There are plenty of politicians that are crooks. Trump fits right in.

It must be pretty frustrating to see Trump get away with whatever he wants when so many on this message board knows he is a crook.

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,312
    JB16057 said:
    tbergs said:
    JB16057 said:
    benjs said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:

There are plenty of politicians that are crooks. Trump fits right in.

It must be pretty frustrating to see Trump get away with whatever he wants when so many on this message board knows he is a crook.

Politicians, yes. Presidents, no. That list is pretty short.
    It's a hopeless situation...
This discussion has been closed.