JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    tbergs said:
    JB16057 said:
    benjs said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Hence the temporary kerfluffle over Hunter Biden's laptop. A distraction from "real" news. What I find interesting is why the current DA is avoiding filing charges. Why? Did they get to him? Too much of a circus? Afraid of failure? Between this and Mark Meadows's voter fraud, if they don't file warranted charges, it will not bode well for the future. Regardless, I see a repub administration issuing pardons. This current repub corruption knows no bounds.

Just wait until 2022 midterms and 2024. This country is really going to go down the shitter.
    You want to discuss corruption? Ask your Democrats why Trump hasn't been charged yet. The Democrats are in power and all we hear is that Trump broke the law. It shouldn't be so difficult if Democrats truly have proof. Not only that, if Trump did break the law, they have a civil duty to make sure he pays for his crimes. Not making him pay for those crimes is just as bad as any repub corruption.

I don't agree with your last sentence whatsoever. Committing a crime is undoubtedly worse than being incapable of prosecuting someone for crimes. If your argument is that the failure to prosecute thus far is a demonstration of ineptitude, where the hell were you practically any time Trump opened his upper asshole (and by that I mean his mouth)? Were you concerned about the illusion of incompetence then?
    I have no power to change any of this. Go ahead and give me the power and I'll make sure that anyone that broke the law pays the price regardless of the letter next to their name.

Either Trump is competent enough to not get into trouble or the people trying to convict him are incompetent or are just lying to you.

I think you're confusing the different meanings of incompetent and how they apply. Trump can be an incompetent president because he's just not qualified to do it due to his lack of understanding/care for leading the whole country, but he can be competent at deception, lies and abusing power due to his extensive experience doing so in the private sector. Surely you understand this. He's a fucking crook and always has been.
    There are plenty of politicians that are crooks. Trump fits right in.

It must be pretty frustrating to see Trump get away with whatever he wants when so many on this message board knows he is a crook.

I just find it frustrating period when people like trump get away with shit like this. but such is life being a rich white guy. trump is not unique here. 
    I'm frustrated too. I am not a Trump sycophant and if what he has done warrants jail time, he should be rotting in jail along with any other criminal. I would prefer he go to jail so we can move on because so many on the left and right can't get over Trump.
    Who are the we that would move on after a Trump conviction? The majority of republicans would declare it a political witch hunt and a sham trial. We saw Trump get even more support even after committing crimes in the open. 
    Can someone please provide a list, with actual proof, of what crimes Trump personally committed?

I'm just as tired as hearing how Trump broke the law as I am about how the election was stolen. I have friends that tell me the election was stolen. I tell them to show me the actual proof and they can't. If they can provide factual proof, I will believe it.

Edit: In addition, it would be nice to know what crimes Trump committed and the reason why he wasn't convicted for them.

Can do. Obstruction of justice, conspiracy, tax fraud, violating election law, extortion, breaking campaign finance laws, and violating the Presidential Records Act. Anyone add more if I forgot any.
    Note that these are just the acts which may be criminal. There's plenty which is just corrupt and/or despicable - like having visiting diplomats stay at the Trump Hotel to his own enrichment down the line, his vendetta against CoVID-19 testing lest it reveal the way it had spread, his request that Georgia "find a few more votes", mocking a mentally challenged individual at a rally, and a litany of truly cringe-worthy words and actions (typically at the expense of entire factions of the country). I don't care if the Hunter Biden laptop story is true - if Republicans want Democrats to hold their own to a higher standard, they should hold their own to any standard, point blank.

Definitely could add a long list of ethical violations and general things that go under corruption. I tried to stick to the criminal behavior where we have strong evidence. Just the Emolument Clause violations bug the shit out of me enough. Then I can start to think about the "grab em" quote or the fact that he admitted to intentionally walking in on naked pageant contestants, and this was confirmed by girls that were in the Miss TEEN USA. Ugh.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,357
    edited March 2022
    andy borowitz has been commenting on the watson signing by the browns. many of the comments bring fuckstick in as a comparison of getting away with assualt of women.

the best I've seen so far is one woman refers to fuckstick as the orange colon polyp .....

love it.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,945
    Scotch free? I thought it was Scott? 

Great Scott, I really don't know which is correct!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,470
    edited March 2022
    Smaller crowd at his dumb rally and then this....his influence does seem to be waning

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,357
    gift article.... Ted Cruz

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    https://www.axios.com/judge-trump-eastman-documents-jan-6-committee-8fe17985-75eb-4c28-a51e-b74760def3ec.html

Judge says Trump and ally Eastman launched Jan. 6 "coup in search of a legal theory"

Axios on facebookAxios on twitterAxios on linkedinAxios on email
    Former President Trump during a rally in Georgia on March 26
    Former President Trump during a rally in Georgia on March 26. Photo: Elijah Nouvelage/Bloomberg via Getty Images

A federal judge on Monday ordered John Eastman, an attorney and staunch ally to former President Trump, to turn over a cache of documents to the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection.

Why it matters: Judge David Carter wrote that Eastman and Trump "launched a campaign to overturn a democratic election, an action unprecedented in American history."

• The select committee sought documents from Eastman that it believed would help show that Trump and his allies "engaged in a criminal conspiracy to defraud the United States," according to previous court filings for this case.
    • Eastman, who helped Trump during the final weeks of his presidency to develop a strategy to pressure former Vice President Mike Pence into overturning the results of the 2020 election, refused to turn over documents to the select committee, claiming that they were protected by attorney-client privilege.
    • Judge Carter determined that ten documents were privileged but the rest must be turned over to investigators.
    • "Based on the evidence, the Court finds it more likely than not that President Trump corruptly attempted to obstruct the Joint Session of Congress on January 6, 2021," Carter wrote.

What they're saying: "Their campaign was not confined to the ivory tower—it was a coup in search of a legal theory," Carter wrote.

• "The plan spurred violent attacks on the seat of our nation’s government, led to the deaths of several law enforcement officers, and deepened public distrust in our political process," he added.
    • "More than a year after the attack on our Capitol, the public is still searching for accountability. This case cannot provide it. The Court is tasked only with deciding a dispute over a handful of emails."
    • "This is not a criminal prosecution; this is not even a civil liability suit. At most, this case is a warning about the dangers of “legal theories” gone wrong, the powerful abusing public platforms, and desperation to win at all costs."

The big picture: In previous filings for this case, the select committee outlined allegations of a potential criminal case against Trump and his allies.

• It claimed to have evidence that could lead to Trump, Eastman and others potentially facing criminal violations charges, such as "obstructing an official proceeding of Congress and conspiracy to defraud the American people."

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,982
    https://www.axios.com/judge-trump-eastman-documents-jan-6-committee-8fe17985-75eb-4c28-a51e-b74760def3ec.html

Judge says Trump and ally Eastman launched Jan. 6 "coup in search of a legal theory"

Axios on facebookAxios on twitterAxios on linkedinAxios on email
    Former President Trump during a rally in Georgia on March 26
    Former President Trump during a rally in Georgia on March 26. Photo: Elijah Nouvelage/Bloomberg via Getty Images

A federal judge on Monday ordered John Eastman, an attorney and staunch ally to former President Trump, to turn over a cache of documents to the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection.

Why it matters: Judge David Carter wrote that Eastman and Trump "launched a campaign to overturn a democratic election, an action unprecedented in American history."

• The select committee sought documents from Eastman that it believed would help show that Trump and his allies "engaged in a criminal conspiracy to defraud the United States," according to previous court filings for this case.
    • Eastman, who helped Trump during the final weeks of his presidency to develop a strategy to pressure former Vice President Mike Pence into overturning the results of the 2020 election, refused to turn over documents to the select committee, claiming that they were protected by attorney-client privilege.
    • Judge Carter determined that ten documents were privileged but the rest must be turned over to investigators.
    • "Based on the evidence, the Court finds it more likely than not that President Trump corruptly attempted to obstruct the Joint Session of Congress on January 6, 2021," Carter wrote.

What they're saying: "Their campaign was not confined to the ivory tower—it was a coup in search of a legal theory," Carter wrote.

• "The plan spurred violent attacks on the seat of our nation’s government, led to the deaths of several law enforcement officers, and deepened public distrust in our political process," he added.
    • "More than a year after the attack on our Capitol, the public is still searching for accountability. This case cannot provide it. The Court is tasked only with deciding a dispute over a handful of emails."
    • "This is not a criminal prosecution; this is not even a civil liability suit. At most, this case is a warning about the dangers of “legal theories” gone wrong, the powerful abusing public platforms, and desperation to win at all costs."

The big picture: In previous filings for this case, the select committee outlined allegations of a potential criminal case against Trump and his allies.

• It claimed to have evidence that could lead to Trump, Eastman and others potentially facing criminal violations charges, such as "obstructing an official proceeding of Congress and conspiracy to defraud the American people."

They’ll appeal to SCOTUS and Clarence won’t recuse himself.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    This Thomas thing is fucked up. Dems just don't go ballistic enough.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    This Thomas thing is fucked up. Dems just don't go ballistic enough.
    Very true
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,093

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I had a hole in one once and I suck at golf.  

• Options
    edited March 2022
    yeah, a hole in one on a sub 200 yard hole is basically nothing, relative to the deal he's making about it. My dad golfs, averages around 80-90 per round, and has had two I think. 

what an insecure little child. if he was as good at golf as he always says he is, he wouldn't need to put out a statement about this. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited March 2022

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    yeah, a hole in one on a sub 200 yard hole is basically nothing, relative to the deal he's making about it. My dad golfs, averages around 80-90 per round, and has had two I think. 

what an insecure little child. if he was as good at golf as he always says he is, he wouldn't need to put out a statement about this. 
    It's actually a huge deal......but it's likely not true. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

a huge deal for a guy who claims he's as good as the pros? sure, it was a massive deal for my dad (or for anyone). I was more meaning for this loser. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    edited March 2022

I'm an 8 index and still don't have one.  Got close a few weeks ago.  Been close a bunch of times, kick in.  I play with a guy that is a +3 and he's never had one either.  It doesn't tell me anything about Trump as a golfer or a person.  It's just strange.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I'm an 8 index and still don't have one.  Got close a few weeks ago.  Been close a bunch of times, kick in.  I play with a guy that is a +3 and he's never had one either.  It doesn't tell me anything about Trump as a golfer or a person.  It's just strange.  
    I only golf once or twice a year, so I don't know what those numbers mean. Your average over par or something?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited March 2022

mine was like a 185 yd par 3....basically nothing? Screw you!

funny thing was I was absolutely ripped at the time...and the next hole I put two balls directly in the water from the tee

• Options

funny thing was I was absolutely ripped at the time...and the next hole I put two balls directly in the water from the tee
    I'll say it again.....basically nothing to a guy who brags about being a pro. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    Bryson DeChambeau is ranked 9th in the world and he has only one hole-in-one in his lifetime. In fact, it was at Augusta. Here it is…

https://youtu.be/DDzApF9ytFA

Somehow, my father has two. On the same hole no less. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I don't even get holes in one on mini golf. lol. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited March 2022
    I would encourage you to read Rick Reilly's Commander in Cheat book. The odds of this story being true are close to zero. Especially with a fat old man hitting only a 5 iron into a strong wind on a 190 yard hole.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Bryson DeChambeau is ranked 9th in the world and he has only one hole-in-one in his lifetime. In fact, it was at Augusta. Here it is…

https://youtu.be/DDzApF9ytFA

Somehow, my father has two. On the same hole no less. 
    yeah it's random.  The John Rahm hole in one where he skidded over the water is still the greatest shot I've ever seen. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lzuoTarQjs
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I only golf once or twice a year, so I don't know what those numbers mean. Your average over par or something?
    Kind of.  You're thinking of handicap, but that's not used anymore.  It's called an index and much more complicated and frustrating.  
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    Yeah that one was cool. My all-time favorite hole-out though is Jack Nicholas in this charity round with Johnny Miller. It’s like Michael Jordan’s eyes-closed free-throw multiplied by infinity. The ultimate “I’m the greatest at this” moment. 

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Yeah that one was cool. My all-time favorite hole-out though is Jack Nicholas in this charity round with Johnny Miller. It’s like Michael Jordan’s eyes-closed free-throw multiplied by infinity. The ultimate “I’m the greatest at this” moment. 

that's insane. like, he barely even squared up before whacking it like he'd done it a thousand times before. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,839
    edited March 2022
    I golfed some in high school and have golfed like three times since, so what I say is just how my semi-understanding sees the luck/skill relationship to getting a hole-in-one.

A-hole in-one is cool. Once you are at some level of golfing competence (not me), you are more frequently going to put balls near the cup on par-3s. After that, it's luck and the greatest golfer may have one in a lifetime (or even none), while a lesser competent golfer could have three.

My dad was probably not at that level of competence and he still got one. It was pretty cool for him...didn't mean much in the long run.

I neither know, nor care, how good of a golfer Trump is. A hole-in-one?  Good for him. But making a big deal out of it to as national of an audience as you can is kinda sad. But what else would one expect from the most famous insecure person of all time?
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options

185 is no joke for a hole in one.  If it was a 90 yarder from the reds, then we'd scoff!  But even then, you only get a few hole outs a year anyway, so I'd take it!  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

185 is no joke for a hole in one.  If it was a 90 yarder from the reds, then we'd scoff!  But even then, you only get a few hole outs a year anyway, so I'd take it!  
    I remember the hole/flag was near the front of the green...there was a little hill in front of the green so we couldn't really see where the ball went.  We didn't think much of it but I remember we approached the hole and wondered where my ball was and found it in the hole.

This discussion has been closed.