• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,093
    JB16057 said:
    tbergs said:
    JB16057 said:
    benjs said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Hence the temporary kerfluffle over Hunter Biden's laptop. A distraction from "real" news. What I find interesting is why the current DA is avoiding filing charges. Why? Did they get to him? Too much of a circus? Afraid of failure? Between this and Mark Meadows's voter fraud, if they don't file warranted charges, it will not bode well for the future. Regardless, I see a repub administration issuing pardons. This current repub corruption knows no bounds.

Just wait until 2022 midterms and 2024. This country is really going to go down the shitter.
    You want to discuss corruption? Ask your Democrats why Trump hasn't been charged yet. The Democrats are in power and all we hear is that Trump broke the law. It shouldn't be so difficult if Democrats truly have proof. Not only that, if Trump did break the law, they have a civil duty to make sure he pays for his crimes. Not making him pay for those crimes is just as bad as any repub corruption.

I don't agree with your last sentence whatsoever. Committing a crime is undoubtedly worse than being incapable of prosecuting someone for crimes. If your argument is that the failure to prosecute thus far is a demonstration of ineptitude, where the hell were you practically any time Trump opened his upper asshole (and by that I mean his mouth)? Were you concerned about the illusion of incompetence then?
    I have no power to change any of this. Go ahead and give me the power and I'll make sure that anyone that broke the law pays the price regardless of the letter next to their name.

Either Trump is competent enough to not get into trouble or the people trying to convict him are incompetent or are just lying to you.

I think you're confusing the different meanings of incompetent and how they apply. Trump can be an incompetent president because he's just not qualified to do it due to his lack of understanding/care for leading the whole country, but he can be competent at deception, lies and abusing power due to his extensive experience doing so in the private sector. Surely you understand this. He's a fucking crook and always has been.
    There are plenty of politicians that are crooks. Trump fits right in.

It must be pretty frustrating to see Trump get away with whatever he wants when so many on this message board knows he is a crook.

I just find it frustrating period when people like trump get away with shit like this. but such is life being a rich white guy. trump is not unique here. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    JB16057 said:
    tbergs said:
    JB16057 said:
    benjs said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Hence the temporary kerfluffle over Hunter Biden's laptop. A distraction from "real" news. What I find interesting is why the current DA is avoiding filing charges. Why? Did they get to him? Too much of a circus? Afraid of failure? Between this and Mark Meadows's voter fraud, if they don't file warranted charges, it will not bode well for the future. Regardless, I see a repub administration issuing pardons. This current repub corruption knows no bounds.

Just wait until 2022 midterms and 2024. This country is really going to go down the shitter.
    You want to discuss corruption? Ask your Democrats why Trump hasn't been charged yet. The Democrats are in power and all we hear is that Trump broke the law. It shouldn't be so difficult if Democrats truly have proof. Not only that, if Trump did break the law, they have a civil duty to make sure he pays for his crimes. Not making him pay for those crimes is just as bad as any repub corruption.

I don't agree with your last sentence whatsoever. Committing a crime is undoubtedly worse than being incapable of prosecuting someone for crimes. If your argument is that the failure to prosecute thus far is a demonstration of ineptitude, where the hell were you practically any time Trump opened his upper asshole (and by that I mean his mouth)? Were you concerned about the illusion of incompetence then?
    I have no power to change any of this. Go ahead and give me the power and I'll make sure that anyone that broke the law pays the price regardless of the letter next to their name.

Either Trump is competent enough to not get into trouble or the people trying to convict him are incompetent or are just lying to you.

I think you're confusing the different meanings of incompetent and how they apply. Trump can be an incompetent president because he's just not qualified to do it due to his lack of understanding/care for leading the whole country, but he can be competent at deception, lies and abusing power due to his extensive experience doing so in the private sector. Surely you understand this. He's a fucking crook and always has been.

It must be pretty frustrating to see Trump get away with whatever he wants when so many on this message board knows he is a crook.

I just find it frustrating period when people like trump get away with shit like this. but such is life being a rich white guy. trump is not unique here. 
    I'm frustrated too. I am not a Trump sycophant and if what he has done warrants jail time, he should be rotting in jail along with any other criminal. I would prefer he go to jail so we can move on because so many on the left and right can't get over Trump.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,470
    When you run your business and administration like this guy ran his stuff, you can see why it would be tough to get a conviction. 

I read recently Chase is actually going forward with the prequel tv show too. Hopefully it's better than the movie!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    When you run your business and administration like this guy ran his stuff, you can see why it would be tough to get a conviction. 

I read recently Chase is actually going forward with the prequel tv show too. Hopefully it's better than the movie!
    This guy was killed for how he ran things so he didn't get away scotch free.

• Options
    JB16057 said:

Holy shit we agree on something!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JB16057 said:

Holy shit we agree on something!
    For as much hatred that is spewed over Trump, I'm surprised someone hasn't taken him out yet.

• Options
    Scotch free? I thought it was Scott? 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Hahaha. You are right. It's actually scot-free.

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:

This has to be one of the strangest questions ever asked on AMT.  Amusing but.... ahem...
    Evidently he believes political parties file charges. 

Nope, just paperwork and fingernails. 

He also mentions that not making him pay for his crimes is just as bad as any republican corruption. Republicans TWICE overlooked that corruption in his two impeachment trials. Trying to find the logic in some of these people's posts is difficult. lol
     That was not his point and you know it.  That is why this board is so damn frustrating.  He clearly stated that the Dems are the ones screaming that he broke the law, and not the Republicans.  So, yeah, if he said Trump broke the law, the Republicans knew it, and they chose not to do anything then they would be derelict.  He clearly did not say that, though, and was referencing the Dems.   

But it's a stupid point.  Are you/he suggesting that the D's should somehow bypass or put their thumb on the DOJ to file charges?
    They're also clearly under the impression that the DOJ is a political arm of the President, "Biden's DOJ." That is one of the downsides of Trump's four years unfortunately. 

You mean this Biden DOJ?

Veritas's lawyers claim that the subpoenas were unlawful.  That's an accusation to attempt to get charges thrown out.  It's not proof, it's not evidence, it's a filing.  I don't think you or any of us know whether there is merit to their accusation or whether the DOJ's subpoenas were transparent or not.  Having a gag order associated with the subpoena is neither illegal or uncommon.  So in short, this article about a legal filing doesn't really mean a thing at this point.  If the case is dropped due to that issue, then you have an argument. 
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    JB16057 said:
    benjs said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:

This says it perfectly.  
  • Options
    JB16057 said:

Was he?  Isn't that the whole question..how did it really end in that diner?
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:

Too late. It ended too late.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Sounds like something Michael Scott would say.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:

D E A D.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:

I believe the director came out later and confirmed he was killed, due to everyone being up in arms at the ambiguity. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:

I believe the director came out later and confirmed he was killed, due to everyone being up in arms at the ambiguity. 
    I read this extremely detailed article about the finale years ago that outlined how the entire episode was based off a Catholic funeral. All the way and including them popping the onion rings in their mouths as accepting communion. The link is somewhere in one of the Sopranos threads. Worth checking out if you liked the show and have a couple hours to kill. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,733
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    tbergs said:
    JB16057 said:
    benjs said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:

I'm frustrated too. I am not a Trump sycophant and if what he has done warrants jail time, he should be rotting in jail along with any other criminal. I would prefer he go to jail so we can move on because so many on the left and right can't get over Trump.
    Who are the we that would move on after a Trump conviction? The majority of republicans would declare it a political witch hunt and a sham trial. We saw Trump get even more support even after committing crimes in the open. 
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:

How many Trump admin or campaign officials would you guess have been indicted?  Give us a number.

How many Obama officials do you think were indicted?  Remember he served 8 rather than 4 years like Trump.  

• Options
    edited March 2022
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    tbergs said:
    JB16057 said:
    benjs said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Who are the we that would move on after a Trump conviction? The majority of republicans would declare it a political witch hunt and a sham trial. We saw Trump get even more support even after committing crimes in the open. 
    Can someone please provide a list, with actual proof, of what crimes Trump personally committed?

I'm just as tired as hearing how Trump broke the law as I am about how the election was stolen. I have friends that tell me the election was stolen. I tell them to show me the actual proof and they can't. If they can provide factual proof, I will believe it.

Edit: In addition, it would be nice to know what crimes Trump committed and the reason why he wasn't convicted for them.
    Post edited by JB16057 on
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    tbergs said:
    JB16057 said:
    benjs said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Can someone please provide a list, with actual proof, of what crimes Trump personally committed?

I'm just as tired as hearing how Trump broke the law as I am about how the election was stolen. I have friends that tell me the election was stolen. I tell them to show me the actual proof and they can't. If they can provide factual proof, I will believe it.

Edit: In addition, it would be nice to know what crimes Trump committed and the reason why he wasn't convicted for them.
    Didn't you say in multiple posts earlier that you thought Trump was a crook?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:

I read this extremely detailed article about the finale years ago that outlined how the entire episode was based off a Catholic funeral. All the way and including them popping the onion rings in their mouths as accepting communion. The link is somewhere in one of the Sopranos threads. Worth checking out if you liked the show and have a couple hours to kill. 
    Have never watched the show. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited March 2022
    MS: Blocked Jan’s number so I guess you could say I’m Scott free
    Dwight: the saying is actually from Scottish folklore, meaning you escaped the evil peat monsters during the annual harvest, so it’s historically annotated as Scotch free, Americans mispronounced it over the decades and it became Scott in error
    MS: shut up Dwight
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I think I watch too much The Office
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,733
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    tbergs said:
    JB16057 said:
    benjs said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Can do. Obstruction of justice, conspiracy, tax fraud, violating election law, extortion, breaking campaign finance laws, and violating the Presidential Records Act. Anyone add more if I forgot any.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,982
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    tbergs said:
    JB16057 said:
    benjs said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Can do. Obstruction of justice, conspiracy, tax fraud, violating election law, extortion, breaking campaign finance laws, and violating the Presidential Records Act. Anyone add more if I forgot any.
    Failing to register as a foreign agent.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    tbergs said:
    JB16057 said:
    benjs said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Pardon me if it has not been mentioned, I think these are civil issues, but still notable. His charity was forced to shutter for fraudulently using it's own fund for personal reasons . Oh, and goodness, his fake university was forced to shutter too, because it was fake. 

https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/2019/donald-j-trump-pays-court-ordered-2-million-illegally-using-trump-foundation
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/judge-finalizes-25-million-settlement-victims-donald-trumps/story?id=54347237

What a piece of shit, obviously.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,413
    Add sexual assault to the list of crimes committed by the pussy grabber.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,003
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    tbergs said:
    JB16057 said:
    benjs said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Note that these are just the acts which may be criminal. There's plenty which is just corrupt and/or despicable - like having visiting diplomats stay at the Trump Hotel to his own enrichment down the line, his vendetta against CoVID-19 testing lest it reveal the way it had spread, his request that Georgia "find a few more votes", mocking a mentally challenged individual at a rally, and a litany of truly cringe-worthy words and actions (typically at the expense of entire factions of the country). I don't care if the Hunter Biden laptop story is true - if Republicans want Democrats to hold their own to a higher standard, they should hold their own to any standard, point blank.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    tbergs said:
    JB16057 said:
    benjs said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Pardon me if it has not been mentioned, I think these are civil issues, but still notable. His charity was forced to shutter for fraudulently using it's own fund for personal reasons . Oh, and goodness, his fake university was forced to shutter too, because it was fake. 

https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/2019/donald-j-trump-pays-court-ordered-2-million-illegally-using-trump-foundation
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/judge-finalizes-25-million-settlement-victims-donald-trumps/story?id=54347237

What a piece of shit, obviously.

Those two things alone would sink any other politician.  Magats are fucking pathetic.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
This discussion has been closed.