Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,484
    edited October 2020
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,454
    Both sides are not the same!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
    edited October 2020
    I didn't say they were. If the complaint was about separating kids from families I probably wouldn't have responded. But it wasn't. The complaint was about the conditions the kids were kept in. That has been a major complaint for the last 3 years. And it is my opinion that those complaints are exaggerated and unfounded. 
    It is a fact that those holding facilities were used, and some even built, during the Obama administration. It was a lie when you were told kids were forced to drink out of the toilet by several democratic leaders. The media lied to you by using pictures from 2014 to depict how horrible Trump is "currently" treating kids. Even staged photos circulated at one point.
    So when someone complains about how horrible Trump is and uses the example of the conditions the children were kept it, that is just not true, especially when their evidence is from 3 years before he took office. Was Rachael Maddow outraged when she learned the pictures she used were actually from 2014? Did she refilm her segment, but call Obama all those things she called Trump based on those pictures? No, it was all okay then. 
    There are other examples about Trump they could use that I wouldn't argue against. But I'm going to call it out when people complain about conditions that aren't true. 
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    mace1229 said:
    I didn't say they were. If the complaint was about separating kids from families I probably wouldn't have responded. But it wasn't. The complaint was about the conditions the kids were kept in. That has been a major complaint for the last 3 years. And it is my opinion that those complaints are exaggerated and unfounded. 
    How many people under these "conditions" have died under Trumps watch VS under Obamas watch?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
    edited October 2020
    I have not defended that policy. But that wasn't what the complaint was that I responded to. Zero tolerance for families and separation of children compared to the conditions people were housed in are two separate issues. I don't know why defending one means I'm defending the other? I haven't defended the separation of children and that wasn't the issue being discussed. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    It is a fact that those holding facilities were used, and some even built, during the Obama administration. It was a lie when you were told kids were forced to drink out of the toilet by several democratic leaders. The media lied to you by using pictures from 2014 to depict how horrible Trump is "currently" treating kids. Even staged photos circulated at one point.
    So when someone complains about how horrible Trump is and uses the example of the conditions the children were kept it, that is just not true, especially when their evidence is from 3 years before he took office. Was Rachael Maddow outraged when she learned the pictures she used were actually from 2014? Did she refilm her segment, but call Obama all those things she called Trump based on those pictures? No, it was all okay then. 
    There are other examples about Trump they could use that I wouldn't argue against. But I'm going to call it out when people complain about conditions that aren't true. 
    Ok you can believe what ever you want, I’m good with knowing this administration has treated immigrants specially children worst than any other! So let’s get back to Covidiot in chief for now he’s a clear & present danger to every human on the planet..
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,801
    Uh huh.. now it's 1.8 from the White House.  They're getting close to Nancy's 2.2.  He's a tremendous negotiator.  Maybe she signs off on 2 but she's not calling the House into recess during campaign season for 1.8.  

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/520374-trump-to-propose-18t-coronavirus-relief-package
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Uh huh.. now it's 1.8 from the White House.  They're getting close to Nancy's 2.2.  He's a tremendous negotiator.  Maybe she signs off on 2 but she's not calling the House into recess during campaign season for 1.8.  

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/520374-trump-to-propose-18t-coronavirus-relief-package
    She’s no slouch she’s beating him at every turn! 

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

She’s no slouch she’s beating him at every turn! 

Like a rented mule.  She understands political leverage.  He does not. 
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    Time again to ask that time honored question....

Who's the bigger monster?

The lying racist xenophobic piece-of-shit who ordered that immigrant families be separated and the children kept in chain link spaces away from family and medical care?

Or.....

The people who support that monster?
  • Options
    edited October 2020

The lying racist xenophobic piece-of-shit who ordered that immigrant families be separated and the children kept in chain link spaces away from family and medical care?

Or.....

The people who puff him up.

An idiot is just an idiot if no crowd is around.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options

Or.....

Great? I’m going with Covidiot in chief! 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,373
    mrussel1 said:

There'll be a 2 to 2.2 Trillion package and trump will take full credit for it.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yes but anyone who pays attention knows what happened.  Also, I don't see how money makes it to anyone before the election, therefore those that don't pay attention won't realize it happened. 
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,547
    Not sure if this was Posted or not.

what a Gong Show !!

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,271
    i saw pompeo is going to release hillary's emails before the election.

good to know they are going to make sure she does not win this year. :tired_face:

why do republicans think they can win on something that was so, so last election?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,645
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Kat said:
    Because it's on my mind and it needs to be said,  soul-eater/monster is dead wrong. Senator Kamala is not a monster. He is the monster. He put children in cages and that is forever unforgivable. 
    There. I feel just a little better. Be safe all.

By cages, are these some of the examples of immigrant children that make Trump a soul-eater monster?
    i'm going to go ahead and take a wild guess that this is a picture from the obama administration in an attempt to try to trap kat, but it's already been well established that obama did detain families, but the big difference was trump separated them from their parents, which obama did not do, unless there was obvious cases of concern for the welfare of the child staying with the parents. 
    Not meant to "trap," I assumed most would realize when it was taken since this has come up several times recently.
    The intent was to point out the irony for calling one person a monster and being okay with the other. Either they are both monsters or they aren't.
    The comment wasn't about detaining families, it was about the conditions, and specifically the cages, that the children were kept in. If people are upset about the detaining and separation of families, they should say that, and not exclusively talk about the conditions and cages. 
    You know what Kat meant, and you also know that the intent and scale between the two administrations aren't comparable. Especially after the story that came out this week.

This is not a both sides case ( like most examples)
    What story came out this week? Trump's covid and the debate have dominate all the news.

There's a pretty big story out in the last 36 hours about a group of right wing domestic terrorists who were caught planning to kidnap the governor of Michigan and attack law enforcement targets with the intention of starting another civil war. 13 people have been charged so far. Adding to the fun is the fact that our president struggles to condemn these terrorists and this behavior... an argument could be made that he's actually encouraging them. (weird, right?)

IDK if this is the story @dignin was referring to, but it's significant, and any news source worth its salt has been covering it. If your news sources of choice haven't covered it, you may want to seek out additional sources.

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,271
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Kat said:
    Because it's on my mind and it needs to be said,  soul-eater/monster is dead wrong. Senator Kamala is not a monster. He is the monster. He put children in cages and that is forever unforgivable. 

By cages, are these some of the examples of immigrant children that make Trump a soul-eater monster?
    i'm going to go ahead and take a wild guess that this is a picture from the obama administration in an attempt to try to trap kat, but it's already been well established that obama did detain families, but the big difference was trump separated them from their parents, which obama did not do, unless there was obvious cases of concern for the welfare of the child staying with the parents. 
    Not meant to "trap," I assumed most would realize when it was taken since this has come up several times recently.
    The intent was to point out the irony for calling one person a monster and being okay with the other. Either they are both monsters or they aren't.
    The comment wasn't about detaining families, it was about the conditions, and specifically the cages, that the children were kept in. If people are upset about the detaining and separation of families, they should say that, and not exclusively talk about the conditions and cages. 
    You know what Kat meant, and you also know that the intent and scale between the two administrations aren't comparable. Especially after the story that came out this week.

What story came out this week? Trump's covid and the debate have dominate all the news.

There's a pretty big story out in the last 36 hours about a group of right wing domestic terrorists who were caught planning to kidnap the governor of Michigan and attack law enforcement targets with the intention of starting another civil war. 13 people have been charged so far. Adding to the fun is the fact that our president struggles to condemn these terrorists and this behavior... an argument could be made that he's actually encouraging them. (weird, right?)

IDK if this is the story @dignin was referring to, but it's significant, and any news source worth its salt has been covering it. If your news sources of choice haven't covered it, you may want to seek out additional sources.

the governor said that she receives threats every single time trump mentions her.

also, trump is angry that she did not thank him for having his justice department arrest these people.

governor said that she has known about the plot for a while now.

crazy story. these are probably the same people who stormed the state capital building with guns a few months ago.

is it just me, or is the left/right animosity hottest in michigan?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Kat said:

the governor said that she receives threats every single time trump mentions her.

also, trump is angry that she did not thank him for having his justice department arrest these people.

crazy story. these are probably the same people who stormed the state capital building with guns a few months ago.

As I understand it, two of the men charged with planning to kidnap the governor were part of the group that stormed the capital building a few months ago.

What should we expect when the president tweets inflammatory rhetoric on a regular basis & right wing media glorifies people like Kyle Rittenhouse?

It's only going to get worse.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,087
    i saw pompeo is going to release hillary's emails before the election.

good to know they are going to make sure she does not win this year. :tired_face:

why do republicans think they can win on something that was so, so last election?
    WHAT? what the fuck? LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Kat said:

And CYA Barr has been relatively quiet on this as well as not knowing about white supremacist domestic terrorists when he testified before Congress. He even got pissy when pressed. Something about the word “suggest,” or “infer” or “having knowledge.” It was a yes or no question.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Kat said:

And CYA Barr has been relatively quiet on this as well as not knowing about white supremacist domestic terrorists when he testified before Congress. He even got pissy when pressed. Something about the word “suggest,” or “infer” or “having knowledge.” It was a yes or no question.

They don't want to disparage their base, it's understandable.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,839
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Kat said:

LAW AND ORDER!
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Kat said:

Are you okey with the cages? 

If by cages you mean chain link fence walls, then yes, I'm okay with that. When they are used as designed, and that is short term detainment. Do you expect a fancy resort or even nice dry wall? Why? Some shelters use chain link, its fine. 
    I'm against the double standard. There was no outrage and no one referred to them as cages until Trump was in office, although they have been used for years before that.
    The double standard goes beyond just calling it a cage. I won't be able to find a link so those who don't believe me, that's fine. But I think it was AOC who a few years ago described it as kids drinking out of the toilet as their only water source. Completely not true, it was those sinks over the toilet that you see in prisons, but they of course described it as a cage and drinking out of the toilet. 
    If someone is against the separation then they should say that. But I hear more often the complaint is about the conditions and "cages," which have been there long before 2017.
    I'll agree with you there. the depiction of "drinking from toilets" from the "far left" was pretty outrageous. and just furthered to give credence to "fake news". 
    Ok I challenge anyone that is ok with this to drink from a water fountain that is connected to the top of a toilet in a detainment facility.  The spigot is part of the same metal housing that makes up the toilet.  She’s not wrong.  I guess she could have said they have to drink from a spigot that is made from the same housing as the toilet and drink over the toilet, but drinking from the toilet is pretty succinct.  But again if anyone is ok with this, please go to the nearest prison, detention facility etc what have you and turn on the tap and take a big drink from on top of the communal toilet.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yes but anyone who pays attention knows what happened.  Also, I don't see how money makes it to anyone before the election, therefore those that don't pay attention won't realize it happened. 
    Didn’t Mitch just say no go until after the election?  I’m just getting around to keeping up with today’s “news” cycle
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:

Didn’t Mitch just say no go until after the election?  I’m just getting around to keeping up with today’s “news” cycle
    I think he said doubtful? He definitely said SCOTUS comes first,  so good point all around.  I will continue to say the cake is baked.  It's all about turnout now. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Kat said:

I believe there is footage of two of the terrorists armed inside the state capital from the April or May protest that Trump said were very fine people exercising their 2A rights
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options

Who is ok with this?
    Scio me nihil scire

This discussion has been closed.